Page 1189 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 ... LastLast
Results 29,701 to 29,725 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    You'd be surprised how many boomers are only concerned right now with whether or not the lifts will turn this winter.
    Well, ain't much else to do. And, they own condos and aren't working and get senior rates.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    If only there were some type of national election that could serve as a referendum on this.

I will say that the last few years have vividly illustrated the value of the bully pulpit, for good or ill.
    I don't think our current situation is what Roosevelt meant when he said "bully pulpit".

I spent 110 days in lockdown, and only got to ride a lift 2/3s of the way through the normal ski season. For 2 months before that I just stared at webcams while the snow piled up. Getting to the backcountry meant bending or breaking COVID rules, and I declined.

Once open August 18, people were respectful of the preventive measures, which included masks and no overnight stays in the ski area. My ski in/out place went unused.

The season only lasted one month. I felt it was a small price to pay to bring the first wave under control.

Imagine stuck at home looking at this 50km away.

It hurt, but I did my share.

Been there, done that.

West Coast is asking residents to stay on the west coast, others to stay away, and if they do come quarantine for 14 days. Think anyone will pay attention?
    And does this mean we can slash tires on cars with NV plates? (The "order" doesn't apply to travel for work and lots of people who work around Tahoe live in NV of course.)

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    West Coast is asking residents to stay on the west coast, others to stay away, and if they do come quarantine for 14 days. Think anyone will pay attention?
    And does this mean we can slash tires on cars with NV plates? (The "order" doesn't apply to travel for work and lots of people who work around Tahoe live in NV of course.)
    Well fuck. Last month I left a car with CA plates in Wyoming, and I brought a car with WY plates to California.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    don't you folks have lots of guns down there ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

We are so fucked. Thanksgiving is going to be grim with trailing deaths matching that spike.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	125432957_10159107906585407_5834315553982950179_o.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	173.5 KB 
ID:	347945
    Last edited by uglymoney; 11-14-2020 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    We are so fucked. Thanksgiving is going to be grim with trailing deaths matching that spike.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Hey UM, I read somewhere that a doctor in Iowa said yesterday that the Iowa HC system will “absolutely” crash in the coming weeks...What are you hearing? Hunker down and stay safe man.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Rapid antigens are NOT reliable. They have a significant rate of false positives. A negative also can't be used to rule out a symptomatic patient.

Antigen tests are meant to be a serial screening tool. If you are positive, you should reflex to PCR to confirm.

But nobody who understands this shit is in Elon's inner group or someone would have told him that.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Or he has an agenda. Saw a tweet he’s firing people scared of the silly hoax flu.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post

Physician predicts spike in US Covid-19 cases after Thanksgiving

Dr. James Phillips, chief of disaster medicine at George Washington University Hospital, told CNN's Erica Hill he is "terrified" about what's going to happen this holiday season.

"We're going to see an unprecedented surge of cases following Thanksgiving this year, and if people don't learn from Thanksgiving, we're going to see it after Christmas as well," Phillips said.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Watching a live stream of my in-laws 140 person wedding in Ohio. Lots of people walking around without masks and dinner is being served buffet style. Unreal.

How do the Swedish meatballs look?
    I haven’t had a good Cesar salad in a while.
    Is the cake chocolate?

Quote Originally Posted by Navier View Post
    Watching a live stream of my in-laws 140 person wedding in Ohio. Lots of people walking around without masks and dinner is being served buffet style. Unreal.
    That's America for ya. It's why we're here at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Navier View Post
    A local posted up pics of a b-day celebration for his 85yo mother at her nursing home. Hugs and kisses and not a mask in sight. WTF? My mother's senior residence (independent living) is in lockdown and I'm not allowed in and these people had a b-day party at a nursing home? W2 now has one of the highest transmission rates in the state. I just don't get it.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    If only there were some type of national election that could serve as a referendum on this.

I will say that the last few years have vividly illustrated the value of the bully pulpit, for good or ill.
    Nah, half the country would be too stupid to understand what that means.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Hey UM, I read somewhere that a doctor in Iowa said yesterday that the Iowa HC system will “absolutely” crash in the coming weeks...What are you hearing? Hunker down and stay safe man.
    Something like that. I follow a couple outspoken individual doctors on Twitter. They tend to give a more dire and clearer picture than the official channels.

Here is a repost of that graph since you can't really read the one I posted from my phone.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	125432957_10159107906585407_5834315553982950179_o.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	173.5 KB 
ID:	347946

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Rapid antigens are NOT reliable. They have a significant rate of false positives. A negative also can't be used to rule out a symptomatic patient.

Antigen tests are meant to be a serial screening tool. If you are positive, you should reflex to PCR to confirm.

But nobody who understands this shit is in Elon's inner group or someone would have told him that.
    Unless they had fuck-you money whom would try to tell Musk, and if they had fuck-you money why would they be working for Musk ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Dr. James Phillips, chief of disaster medicine at George Washington University Hospital, told CNN's Erica Hill he is "terrified" about what's going to happen this holiday season.

"We're going to see an unprecedented surge of cases following Thanksgiving this year, and if people don't learn from Thanksgiving, we're going to see it after Christmas as well," Phillips said.
    Just like we learned from Halloween, college kids going back to school and partying, Labor Day, the 4th, Easter...

Plenty of below the nose mask-wearers in NV lately. Fortunately, they look like mouth breathers so hey it should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    A local posted up pics of a b-day celebration for his 85yo mother at her nursing home. Hugs and kisses and not a mask in sight. WTF? My mother's senior residence (independent living) is in lockdown and I'm not allowed in and these people had a b-day party at a nursing home? W2 now has one of the highest transmission rates in the state. I just don't get it.
    WTF indeed. I wouldn’t be surprised if we hit 500k dead by the end of the winter. Half the country is completely disconnect from reality.

Perhaps there needs to be a heavy multi-media propaganda machine to get peeps to fall in line....?

Really?