Page 1543 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 ... LastLast
Results 38,551 to 38,575 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I am the most recent entrant to the covid thunderdome!

On the bright side, I am triple vaxxed, never go to bars/restaurants or do anything inside without a mask, and haven't had a lick of fun in about a month. So I got that going for me!

Also, my symptoms are like a medium-ish cold and I would 100% feel fine to be at work right. But since I'm not, I am going to keep testing the new theory that THC prevents covid.
    I feel sorry for all the people who have been super careful for 2 years, not had any fun, wore a mask everywhere, stood in line for hours to get shots and tests, and got the covid anyway. What a wasted life. (WARNING--this is a joke and is not in anyway intended to suggest that anyone should actually not be careful.)(Plus I will delete this post in 60 seconds. It never happened. Unless you quote me of course.)

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    You wouldn’t want to….introduce a guy….would you?
    He's talking about Vitamin D, not size D.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    You wouldn’t want to….introduce a guy….would you?
    Everyone is looking to get into Canada.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Tun-Hou Lee, professor emeritus of virology at Harvard’s T.H. Chan School of Public Health, notes that the mortality rate of the coronavirus (254 deaths per 100,000 people) is still far higher than that of influenza (1.8 deaths per 100,000 people).

“Even if one believes that the mortality rate of 254 per 100,000 will be lower once most of the U.S. population is ‘fully’ vaccinated, my bias is that SARS-CoV-2 infection will have a higher mortality rate than flu,” he said.

Checking his math - he's comparing covid mortality to date vs annual flu mortality (why can no one do math?). His point stands that Covid is far more deadly than flu, and "living with it" will not be pleasant.

I still find that Taiwan's/New Zealand's/China's approach seems less disruptive than ours. Had we pursued it from the start, Omicron likely never would have evolved. Same for the next variant of concern.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    I still find that Taiwan's/New Zealand's/China's approach seems less disruptive than ours. Had we pursued it from the start, Omicron likely never would have evolved. Same for the next variant of concern.
    Who is "we"? Omicron evolved overseas, not here. We have no more control over that than China has over us... So now they're getting Omicron too.. It's the latest Winter Olympic event!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Tun-Hou Lee, professor emeritus of virology at Harvard’s T.H. Chan School of Public Health, notes that the mortality rate of the coronavirus (254 deaths per 100,000 people) is still far higher than that of influenza (1.8 deaths per 100,000 people).

“Even if one believes that the mortality rate of 254 per 100,000 will be lower once most of the U.S. population is ‘fully’ vaccinated, my bias is that SARS-CoV-2 infection will have a higher mortality rate than flu,” he said.

Checking his math - he's comparing covid mortality to date vs annual flu mortality (why can no one do math?). His point stands that Covid is far more deadly than flu, and "living with it" will not be pleasant.

You need to remember - we don’t care about results. We care about feelings.

China seems kinda disruptive though
    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/...covid-lockdown

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Congrats. This is the most cogent post you’ve ever made.
    🙄🙄

New Zealand and Taiwan are islands.

The US has extremely porous borders.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

This comment, especially the last sentence, makes it sound like you think nothing exists outside the borders of your first world nation. A whole world exists (mostly 3rd world), and most of these countries have vaccination rates lower than 10%, 2 years into this pandemic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EhClvGZXkAI8Puz.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	141.2 KB 
ID:	401035

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    New Zealand and Taiwan are islands.

The US has extremely porous borders.
    Lol. Illegals aren’t the problem.

900 million people in India have at least one covid vaccine shot. 650 million are fully vaxxed. Which is astounding

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Dude - it's a SHITLOAD of weed. That's all you need to know.

For reference - I'll take a 5mg eddie in the evening and can get pretty stoned off that...
    It’s all relative. I take a 50mg in the evening.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    It’s all relative. I take a 50mg in the evening.
    Yeah - I understand that there are some physiological differences with folks' reaction to THC.

For most people... that's a shitload of weed.

You do realize that China is actually LOCKING people in their homes even with no negative tests or symptoms and those people are going hungry.

In Australia you cannot travel more than 5km from your home.

You are a real inspiration for Freedom!
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Who is "we"? Omicron evolved overseas, not here. We have no more control over that than China has over us... So now they're getting Omicron too.. It's the latest Winter Olympic event!
    We, the US, and Europe, and most of the rest of the world. Most countries tried harder than the US. I imagine most would have tried harder yet if all the big economic nations went the same way. It took a few billion cases to evolve omicron - hold that to a few million and no omicron (or delta or alpha).

China's gonna have a tough time since the rest of the world decided to be plague rats.

Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    You do realize that China is actually LOCKING people in their homes even with no negative tests or symptoms and those people are going hungry.

lol.

We, the US, and Europe, and most of the rest of the world. Most countries tried harder than the US. I imagine most would have tried harder yet if all the big economic nations went the same way. It took a few billion cases to evolve omicron - hold that to a few million and no omicron (or delta or alpha).

China's gonna have a tough time since the rest of the world decided to be plague rats.
    Omicron's looking like it will be a less severe replacement to the other variants. Still worse than the flu, but not killing at the rate of the others. If twice as many people are infected but the hospitals are keeping up the same as they did with Delta that's twice as many people with new natural antibodies on top of the vaccines we should ALL be getting. Only real downside to Omicron is that the unvaxxed are still getting hit pretty hard by it.. And that really sucks for everyone exposed to those needless tragedies..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    it may have been overseas in belgium, or on the continent within Nova Scotia. the world is too interwoven once the cat is out of the bag on this shit to really know for sure.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Freedom to die? or freedom to live? Dunno about you, but I think a few temporarily hungry people is better than a million terrifying breathless lonely deaths.

You don't have to buy the media distortion. Forced quarantine is not a new public health measure. It's used and legal pretty much everywhere.

If the rest of the world had also controlled their plague rats, Australia would not have been importing them. Their neighbor New Zealand shows it can be done despite the import risk.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Yeah - I understand that there are some physiological differences with folks' reaction to THC.

For most people... that's a shitload of weed.
    Nah, not really. Say the refer in the J is mid-quality and comes in at 20% THC. That's 200mg/gram so 50mg's is like ~1/4 of a gram.

1/4 of a gram doesn't sound like a very big J.

Ok dirt weed at 5%, now smoking a whole gram of that sounds like a chore that might more likely end up with a headache.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Oh that is good they have at least done away with the 5km thing. I am sure that worked as good as those cloth masks everybody is so proud of.

Covid will not just go away, its in house pets/ zoo animals and deer populations (they are totally anti -science and anti-vaxxers), but our rights and freedoms will. We going to vaccinate every mammal? You are dense if you think just vaccinating humans will get rid of it.

Yet no bat populations really causing much havoc ?
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Better get on the TV and let everyone in Aus know that quick smart.

I’m 850kms from my house currently, which police station should I turn myself into? Do I have to give over my boomerang too?
    depends on whether you have a knife or a KNIFE!

depends on whether you have a knife or a KNIFE!

-crocodile dunfree
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Oh that is good they have at least done away with the 5km thing. I am sure that worked as good as those cloth masks everybody is so proud of.

Covid will not just go away, its in house pets/ zoo animals and deer populations (they are totally anti -science and anti-vaxxers), but our rights and freedoms will. We going to vaccinate every mammal? You are dense if you think just vaccinating humans will get rid of it.

Yet no bat populations really causing much havoc ?
    Wait. You said it with such authority. What other ideas do you hold onto so firmly that are not factual?

It was a fact.

It is also not going to disappear. We have no guarantees in life except... ☠️.

Anthrax from cows! Throw out any beef you have in your fridge right now.

Start making sure you keep minimum 6 feet from cows and deer. And bats. And pangolins. Hard to do but still - we gotta try.

Riddle me this....
    How effective could the jab be if more people died in 2021 than 2020. We did not even change the shape of the curve. Summer changed the shape of the curve. Remeber 2020 is the no Vaccine year. Also, I am vaxxed, but I do not trust any real efficacy study was done and also, how many other MRNA shots have been used on humans for any length of time?

Name:	Screenshot_2021-12-30-17-11-25-586_com.android.chrome.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	328.8 KB 
ID:	401050

California Om Vs Delta (why did they not dra the line?)

Name:	Screenshot_2021-12-31-06-32-09-270_com.android.chrome.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	431.3 KB 
ID:	401051Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2021-12-31-06-32-34-031_com.android.chrome.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	444.9 KB 
ID:	401052

One more thing, does somebody know how long the rest of my vaccines I received as a kid are good for? I may need my boosters.