Page 1431 of 1444 FirstFirst ... 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 ... LastLast
Results 35,751 to 35,775 of 36092
    JHFC that’s horrifying

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

With 300 Covid deaths a day (recent average), the pandemic's practically over. That's only 110,000 per year. Right up with Alzheimer's. Not nearly as bad as heart disease. If we had a vaccine for heart disease, would people take it? If wearing a mask limited the transmission of Alzheimer's, would people wear them?

At the current rate, Covid's only the top 7 killer of Americans. Take that Diabetes (the old #7).

Thing is, there’s no vaccine for Alzheimer’s, heart disease, or diabeetus.

diabeetus = d'beateredus, right???

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    With 300 Covid deaths a day (recent average), the pandemic's practically over. That's only 110,000 per year. Right up with Alzheimer's. Not nearly as bad as heart disease. If we had a vaccine for heart disease, would people take it? If wearing a mask limited the transmission of Alzheimer's, would people wear them?

At the current rate, Covid's only the top 7 killer of Americans. Take that Diabetes (the old #7).
    There is a vaccine. Lose weight, don't smoke, exercise, eat good food, but not too much, avoid beef, drink a little or none at all.

The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    There is a vaccine. Lose weight, don't smoke, exercise, eat good food, but not too much, avoid beef, drink a little or none at all.
    And in two weeks, do it again and you’re good to go. Right?

So, at twice as deadly as the most deadly flu year, we're at the finish line?
    You just won the internet for the day for being ignorant AND obtuse

I, or my loved ones, can’t catch heart disease or diabetes or Alzheimer’s from idiots that don’t understand simple science or even basic critical thinking.

Read the above sentence again. Then once more. Go for a walk. Ponder it. Report back.

Or don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    diabeetus.
    The doctor isn't even sure I got Diabeetus. He just says I look like somebody who would have it.

is the 300 deaths a day instead of or in addition to all those other deaths ?

you forgot to point out Fentynal OD's are probably bigger killers than all that other stuff btw
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Your meters are busted bad. Sarcasm meters that is.

A couple pokes in the arm is a simple way to knock out a leading cause of death.

A couple pokes in the arm is a simple way to knock out a leading cause of death.
    My bad

Sounded like you were parroting Hannity or Tucker way too much

I thought the sarcasm was pretty obvious.
    You can catch diabetes and heart disease from an idiot--the idiot in the mirror (says the guy with 3 bypasses.)

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    My bad

Sounded like you were parroting Hannity or Tucker way too much
    Umm, I'm reluctant to comment on why sarcasm is dead. Trying to avoid politics (and why is it politics, it shouldn't be). I blame talking heads such as those you mention. I don't watch them, so was unaware my ridiculous comment could be taken straight. :shrug:

People around here wear $1000 BCA backpacks that don't even prevent avalanches. I assume this crowd is all in for 50 cent masks and $16 shots that do prevent Covid.

I hear BCA is coming out with a backpack that prevents the diabeetus.

jooxmilk o hoodm

Sent from my SM-G935P using TGR Forums mobile app

Vaccine dose price reference: https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n281
    I pulled $16 out of my ass. It's in the ballpark. Some are cheaper, as low as $4, $2 in EU for AZ. Figuring out what was actually paid may be difficult, did they include research investments and other incentives? If a gov't put $1 Billion investment in and bought 100 million shots, add another $10 to the "list" price. Or maybe not - it's reasonable the government should spend a few billions to protect against a few trillions in economic losses. And a few trillion doesn't even cover the government's losses.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    jooxmilk o hoodm

I really need to lock this phone screen

I really need to lock this phone screen

Just in time to stop me from googling it in Urban Dictionary

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Just in time to stop me from googling it in Urban Dictionary
    It does look like it could be something offensive in a foreign language. Maybe Dutch?

Umm, I'm reluctant to comment on why sarcasm is dead. Trying to avoid politics (and why is it politics, it shouldn't be). I blame talking heads such as those you mention. I don't watch them, so was unaware my ridiculous comment could be taken straight. :shrug:

People around here wear $1000 BCA backpacks that don't even prevent avalanches. I assume this crowd is all in for 50 cent masks and $16 shots that do prevent Covid.
    With Moda Beacon, our shots were free

It does look like it could be something offensive in a foreign language. Maybe Dutch?
    I think I know what joox milk means

I’m not googling it

More reasons you don’t want to get the Rona.
    New Data on COVID-19's Cognitive Fallout

Patients hospitalized with COVID-19 experience cognitive and behavioral problems post-discharge, new research shows.
    Investigators found cognitive changes, depression, and posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in infected patients, both in the subacute phase and 10 months after hospital discharge.
    I’ve been told it’s no worse than the flu.

Getting the lezburu serviced today. Sign sez you don’t have to wear a mask in the waiting area if vaxxed. Cool. Asked if they wanted to see my vax card, they said es todos bueno.

All of the other four people (all ladies) in the waiting area stayed masked.
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com