Page 868 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 ... LastLast
Results 21,676 to 21,700 of 41810
    Post-emptive ?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Post-emptive ?
    I mean preemptive when compared to TX or FL? CO cases haven’t shot up like that but maybe he’s getting ahead of it before the 4th?

If we learned anything this ski season it's that the only way to deflect the traveling hordes is to match the shutdown level in their local hoods.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Irrelevant to smoked DMT, which is almost assuredly what this gal was doing. It's highly unlikely she was taking DMT orally on their lunch break and then going back to work.
    Very true. I can't imagine smoking and going back to work..requires downtime IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I mean preemptive when compared to TX or FL? CO cases haven’t shot up like that but maybe he’s getting ahead of it before the 4th?
    Probably just spared a bunch of local infections from the vector vacationers. Texans are thick like the flies in Maine here right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    Probably just spared a bunch of local infections from the vector vacationers. Texans are thick like the flies in Maine here right now.
    Fuck, don't send 'em to Maine, I want to take a little trip over there maybe a little later.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

My local full service vet clinic, the one in Loomis, closed for 5 days because several staff tested COVID-positive. It makes sense that they closed, I think, but it’s a disruption that I hadn’t considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Very true. I can't imagine smoking and going back to work..requires downtime IMHO
    It was a coffee shop. They were spacey times, and she was in her early 20’s. She and I actually live near each other and we run into each other pretty often (less often these days, of course). I’ll try to ask her about it...

We've been digging these masks - $10, straps around the back of the head rather than the ears, and they use "copper-based antimicrobial technology". Not sure if the copper thing is BS or not, but they're comfy for the price.
    https://foxsox.com/products/flexfit-face-mask

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    We've been digging these masks - $10, straps around the back of the head rather than the ears, and they use "copper-based antimicrobial technology". Not sure if the copper thing is BS or not, but they're comfy for the price.
    Those look like they have a good seal all the way around.

Forgot to mention you if you live in or close to Potland OR you can go into the Stark's Vaccum store and buy masks. No need to order online.

Here's a Hawaiian company making fun masks. Don't have personal experience with this brand but I really l Iike prints. 3 layers, 100% cotton

Kona Supply Company Face Masks

Last edited by KQ; 06-30-2020 at 10:50 PM.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I like this idea. I'd actually favor zero tolerance, but this will do (assuming they are actually going to enforce it):

Alaska Airlines plans to give passengers yellow cards for refusing to wear masks as a coronavirus precaution
    Alaska Airlines is taking a page out of the soccer refereeing handbook in its bid to enforce in-flight mask-wearing rules amid complaints of passengers refusing to cover up.

Starting in early July, the airline will hand yellow cards to noncompliant passengers, advising them that it is their “final notice” and that a written post-flight report about them will be made. From there, if a passenger continues to refuse, it will be noted in the report and a decision could be made to ban the offending passenger from future flights.
    https://www.seattletimes.com/busines...us-precaution/

^^^Coward move IMO. Why not a red card and put their name in their don’t-sell-them-a-ticket list?

Just reinforces my decision to not step into an airplane until I’ve been vaccinated.

Canada not messing around.

Name:  20200630_213139.jpeg
Views: 639
Size:  66.5 KB
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Silver and copper both have antiviral properties. Whether they are effective against coronavirus in a commercial cloth mask I have no idea, and I suspect the people who make the masks don't know either. It would depend on the form of the silver or copper, how it is incorporated into the masks, and how much there is. But then we don't know anything--especially filtering efficiency--about the cloth masks we are making and buying. Doesn't mean we shouldn't buy or wear them--we should--but I'd like to see FDA start testing them, but then they probably have their hands full right now.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Silver and copper both have antiviral properties. Whether they are effective against coronavirus in a commercial cloth mask I have no idea, and I suspect the people who make the masks don't know either. It would depend on the form of the silver or copper, how it is incorporated into the masks, and how much there is. But then we don't know anything--especially filtering efficiency--about the cloth masks we are making and buying. Doesn't mean we shouldn't buy or wear them--we should--but I'd like to see FDA start testing them, but then they probably have their hands full right now.
    I've seen companies that incorporate silver (nano silver?) in their masks. Seems like there is something for everyone.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Young man whose whole fam tested posi returned to work
    He said the flu/cold he caught back in late Dec kicked his ass way harder but the loss of taste and smell was odd
    We're mandatory face coverings at work
    Wife's got a few of her team on maternity leave and has been back to treating patients and her office a few hours a week
    Scored her a god mask someone sewed and brought a bunch in to sell on consignment at the store
    Box from dps showed up the other day unsolicited 2 face shields
    Props to them she likes it better than goggles/glasses
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0701200258~2.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	333200
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

At a title company they had me sign a Covid -19 document indicating I had not traveled had no symptoms. Etc.

My response was to ask them if they have traveled etc. and the smart fuckers were shocked I’d asked when they have me signing.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Any of those have N95 qualities, KQ?

Sent from my SM-S767VL using TGR Forums mobile app

"Covid-19 vaccine from Pfizer and BioNTech shows positive results"

The vaccine generated antibodies against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes Covid-19, and some of these antibodies were neutralizing, meaning that they appear to prevent the virus from functioning. Levels of neutralizing antibodies were between 168 and 267 units per milliliter, compared to 94 units per milliliter for 38 patients who had Covid-19 and recovered.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/07/01/...itive-results/
    https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....30.20142570v1

This is a good first step. Long way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    "Covid-19 vaccine from Pfizer and BioNTech shows positive results"

The vaccine generated antibodies against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes Covid-19, and some of these antibodies were neutralizing, meaning that they appear to prevent the virus from functioning. Levels of neutralizing antibodies were between 168 and 267 units per milliliter, compared to 94 units per milliliter for 38 patients who had Covid-19 and recovered.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/07/01/...itive-results/

This is a good first step. Long way to go.
    That'll send the stock market up a thousand points.

I'll have Covid odyssey to post if I ever get the fuck out of DFW and the clusterfuck of flights I've been on and have yet to endure while chasing down a covid vaccination that generates antibodies. Traveling is beyond fucked and the airlines be acting like they are just figuring it out at the expense of the hordes of people I have seen stranded like me.

Got a letter from Portland Parks and Rec yesterday

With facilities and programs closed since early March, we have missed months of the revenues that allow us to provide the recreation experience Portlanders cherish. This financial domino effect means that, as things stand today, we are likely unable to open pools and community centers, or offer classes, camps, and swimming lessons in Summer 2021 and beyond.
    I had been hoping to get back in the gym and pool this fall, but that’s not happening...

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    That'll send the stock market up a thousand points.
    Pfizer up 5.5% (or $10B) alone this morning.

Chinese are working on Covid-20 right now. Gonna keep these drug companies busy. Always one step ahead those fuckers.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Any of those have N95 qualities, KQ?

No. I don't think anyone but N95 manufacturers have the tech to make that kind of mask but some have quite a bit of engineering in them. That Stark's mask for example.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    ^^^Coward move IMO. Why not a red card and put their name in their don’t-sell-them-a-ticket list?

Just reinforces my decision to not step into an airplane until I’ve been vaccinated.
    I'm guessing this would be easier said than done. Alaska probably would rather not have to fight a bunch of lawsuits from people who got booted after a single infraction. Just guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Chinese are working on Covid-20 right now.
    Is it one better than COVID-19?