Page 1441 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 ... LastLast
Results 36,001 to 36,025 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    It’s not the flu

I think covid is overrated by the fear media. And a motorcycle death was counted as covid.

But look back at excess deaths. 500k in the us. That statistic is legit.

I got it and it wasn’t as bad as the flu that swept through my office three winters ago. But it kills old and weak
    Show some compassion. And common sense.
    When I looked myself it was 900k excess deaths, but that was a while ago. During that period my car insurance issued everyone a check as a refund for less driving. Suicides were down and medical mistakes (usually the third leading cause of death) should have been well down.

Some researchers have estimated that the official numbers undercount COVID deaths by about a third of the real number. I think that needs corroboration, but I can't see where to argue with it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Curious, has there ever been a vaccine that had long term side effects? Many / most vaccines have some short term aches & pains and a few in very rare occasions have serious side effects but I have never heard of one that months or years later cause issues.
    Similarly, has there ever been a vaccine that was studied for long term side effects before going into widespread use? (HPV, maybe? Sort of?)

Seems like we have about 2 or 3 less months of evidence on the mRNA vaccines vs. the disease* and some people still entertain the idea that maybe "natural" infection might be safer despite the astounding divide in the numbers. I hear "hesitancy" defended when talking about kids because the perception is that the relative risks are different for kids. Which is true: kids have the risk of living with chronically repeating, preventable disease and all of its associated costs dragging down the economy for another 1-7 decades more than the rest of us.

(*Going back to phase I trials and ignoring all prior uses of mRNA in the last decade, and neglecting some of the earliest disease data that never really came out of China in a useful way before roughly January of 2020).

To summarize after reviewing the listed vaccine's and what the concern was not one had any long term side effects. In 1976 a Swine Flu vaccine did result in a slight uptick in Guillain Barre Syndrome. There was no indication that it occurred months or years after receiving the vaccine. So the short answer is there has never been a vaccine that caused long term issues.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    To summarize after reviewing the listed vaccine's and what the concern was not one had any long term side effects. In 1976 a Swine Flu vaccine did result in a slight uptick in Guillain Barre Syndrome. There was no indication that it occurred months or years after receiving the vaccine. So the short answer is there has never been a vaccine that caused long term issues.
    bUt i dId mY ReSeArCh!!!

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    the cnn and Gupta doc had a good anti vax show
    my take away from it was the medical field made the choice to ignore them at first cause they didnt want to give them credence by addressing it and they thought it would go away
    worked about as well the ignore function here
    cept the git butthurt and whiney when others quote that person or dont care who you chose to ignore
    you dont need to log in or read anything here at all
    so expecting others coddle your decisions is stupid
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Clapton says he won’t perform for a ‘discriminated audience’ after vaccination passports made mandatory for clubs and venues this autumn

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...cination-covid

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    It’s not the flu

I think covid is overrated by the fear media. And a motorcycle death was counted as covid.

But look back at excess deaths. 500k in the us. That statistic is legit.

I got it and it wasn’t as bad as the flu that swept through my office three winters ago. But it kills old and weak
    Show some compassion. And common sense.
    Yes, common sense. Speaking of that, did you get vaccinated yet?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

There is still some controversy regarding the the association between vaccination and autoimmune diseases, because there is a plausible possible mechanism. To date there is no scientific study showing a connection. It is hard to get a definitive answer because automimmune disease is not common so that large population studies are not feasible, and because vaccination is very common so that the odds are very high that someone with an autoimmune disease will have received a vaccine in the recent past, and of course nearly 100% that they have received vaccines in their lifetime.
    Here's one review article
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26275795/

Quote Originally Posted by fomofo View Post
    Clapton says he won’t perform for a ‘discriminated audience’ after vaccination passports made mandatory for clubs and venues this autumn

Fuck him he's an insufferable cunt. I can't stand him or his music because all the radio stations overplayed his bad music and didn't play enough of his good music.

Quote Originally Posted by fomofo View Post

Tens of people will be incensed by this news.

Clapton sucks, anyways.

Clapton and Van Morrison have both become insufferable cunts.

Fucker couldn’t even stay sober enough to keep his kid from falling out of a window. After Cream all his music sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Fucker couldn’t even stay sober enough to keep his kid from falling out of a window. After Cream all his music sucks.
    Clapton had nothing to do with what happened to his kid. I agree with you about Clapton's solo stuff. Derek and Blind Faith have some good moments. By himself he's your average derivative blues guitarist with a voice that's not painful to listen to.

FL (Desantis) is doing what it can to catch up to NY state on total deaths, this with several very effective vaccines available. Go Gators!
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Clapton and Van Morrison have both become insufferable cunts.
    it makes me sad
    but the godfather treated women like shit and hit
    and i still jam out to mr brown
    and 461 ocean blvd still kicks ass the deluxe edition more so
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    I heard a story on NPR this morning that said the viral load from the delta variant is 1000x the original (alpha?) virus.

Yeah that number is in here, sorry for the click bait source, can’t find it elsewhere yet.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/22/delt...tor-says-.html

Guess that means I could search npr...
    Edit, yeah much better.
    https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...dy-sheds-light

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Clapton had nothing to do with what happened to his kid. I agree with you about Clapton's solo stuff. Derek and Blind Faith have some good moments. By himself he's your average derivative blues guitarist with a voice that's not painful to listen to.
    The day before his sons death was the first and only time he ever had his son by himself. Because he was a junky he’d never been a father to his son. He showed up the next day and the kid was so excited to actually have a father he ran like crazy and accidentally jumped out of a window. So I’d say not being a father to his child for the first 4 years of his life played a hand in what happened that day.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    The day before his sons death was the first and only time he ever had his son by himself. Because he was a junky he’d never been a father to his son. He showed up the next day and the kid was so excited to actually have a father he ran like crazy and accidentally jumped out of a window. So I’d say not being a father to his child for the first 4 years of his life played a hand in what happened that day.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    https://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/21/n...tory-fall.html

I’d like to know what suddenly got some of these prominent politicians, who have previously not gotten the vaccine despite being at the front of the line, to run out and get shot 1 this week.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    I’d like to know what suddenly got some of these prominent politicians, who have previously not gotten the vaccine despite being at the front of the line, to run out and get shot 1 this week.
    Fox

Losing base?
    The surge in the halls of Congress?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Totally painful voice to listen to. Layla is like nails on a chalkboard. And it got the shit played out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Yes, common sense. Speaking of that, did you get vaccinated yet?
    Nope. Common sense says I don’t need to.
    Suck it.
    . . .