Page 1622 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 ... LastLast
Results 40,526 to 40,550 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    Meh, whatever. I just like to huck a rock at the hornets nest every now and then.
    Yeah, not like a million people died of it. Oh wait.

Rocks at hornets nest when completely alone - rock away.
    When among others - will end badly for all concerned.

-Fauci out.
    -Collins out.
    -CDC cleaning house.
    -Current vaccine is all but useless at this point to stop infection, transmission, and long COVID with the new variants.
    -New CDC guidelines in lockstep to what some "antivax" folks here have been saying for a few years. Is the CDC now antivax?

What do we have to show for our efforts? Crippling inflation, a recession, a step closer to nuclear war, the green agenda exposed for being half baked, and we still don't know where the fuck this virus came from. LOL
    Last edited by Percy Rideout; 08-24-2022 at 01:44 PM.

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Rideout View Post
    -Fauci out.

-Current vaccine is EXTREMELY effective at eliminating major illness and keeping people out of hospitals to the degree that the health system is no longer challenged/stressed beyond capacity.. Therefore we can resume some sense of normalcy..

Well done Fauci and CDC!!!

Fixed it for you
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Not sure what hoop you think you’re dunking on, but it isn’t one that reasonable people admire
    Wooley is not worthy of a "reasonable" debate, he's a dipshit asshole whose only capable of setting up strawman arguments. Never has a legit point to make or a grain of actual knowledge. But you can have him on your team if that's what you seek.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Wooley is not worthy of a "reasonable" debate, he's a dipshit asshole whose only capable of setting up strawman arguments. Never has a legit point to make or a grain of actual knowledge. But you can have him on your team if that's what you seek.
    Solid assessment. I strive to not be harsh to old geriatrics, but Wooley's personal attacks consistently lobbed my way allows an exception to my rule.

In other news:

2-4 million workers out of the workforce due to long CoVID. Whoops.

• Around 16 million working-age Americans (those aged 18 to 65) have long Covid today.
    • Of those, 2 to 4 million are out of work due to long Covid.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/n...t-of-work/?amp

No big deal, we just lost 1.8% of the workforce.

Came here to post that article.

The new trend of masking hurts my child’s language development is bullshit. Not evidence based. One of the best rebuffs, people that are blind learn to speak. Also, Tiawan has apparently been looking at this since early 2020 and has not documented any abnormality in child language development.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Fixed it for you
    Did it better than I could. Psyched for the new boosters just in time for my 90 day heightened immunity from my June bout expiring

It does make it hard for me to lip read though. My hearing went to shit when masks went on, got better when masks started coming off. But, I'll take not dying over being able to hear.

Your hearing went to shit when masks came on??? I think you're wearing them wrong - they don't go over your ears.
    Wait .... do we get covid through our ears?!?

Just bumping this up to try to catch some of the case reports of covid here rather than the vaccination thread -

A friend's family had a funeral two weeks ago for a brother who secummed to cancer ;
    an anti-vaccination brother brought covid to the funeral where it was transmitted to at least six family members, including her Eighty year old father...

I am grateful omicron has not produced the pathology that Delta did -

' hope to get my variant booster ( fifth dose ) in two weeks.

wishing you (all) a happy Labor day weekend...

skiJ

Well, our little bubble had a good run.. I share a house with my sister and her boy and two days ago he got it. As of last night she has it. It's hit them both pretty hard, so I assume that suggests they're extra contagious. (?)

And I'm not going to get poorer - pay wall. I suspect, however, that even if free, given your history, it's not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    And I'm not going to get poorer - pay wall. I suspect, however, that even if free, given your history, it's not worth it.
    Can’t give you a link, but here’s some commentary:

Let’s not panic over fourth-grade test declines during the pandemic. Not yet, anyway.

Author Kevin DrumPublished on September 1, 2022 – 7:39 am7 Commentson Let’s not panic over fourth-grade test declines during the pandemic. Not yet, anyway.
    My plea for everyone to react calmly to the NAEP's test scores of fourth-graders during the pandemic has apparently been ignored:
    These headlines are technically correct: Scores declined to the level of 1999, which is indeed "decades." (Two of them.) But that was possible only because we made such small gains in the first place.
    I predict that on the 2024 NAEP test we will make up almost all of the progress "lost" during the pandemic. Kids are pretty resilient when it comes to stuff like this.
    The only exception I'd point to is the astonishing 13-point drop among Black kids on the math test. That's pretty serious stuff, and it won't be easy to make up.”

https://jabberwocking.com/lets-not-p...ot-yet-anyway/

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Rideout View Post
    so did you. The pandemic was rough on the vulnerable and immature. Vibes man.

The science director of the WHO stated on Twitter earlier this week, “We need to prepare for large increases in cardiovascular, neurological & mental health disorders in countries affected by the #SARSCoV2 #pandemic” in reaction to Eric Topol sharing of financial times article, “The growing evidence that Covid-19 is leaving people sicker”

https://www.ft.com/content/26e0731f-...c-fd8591a02aec

Three weeks ago today began a very long trip to Chile. Third day there started to feel a bit "off." Had one bad night...chills, headache, cough. Then 2 more nights of a persistent dry cough. Skied every day for a week. Only issue was cardio fitness... a modest hike I had done in the past nearly finished me. I really thought it was a bad cold as it seemed to progress like one. Two others in our group of about 20 had similar experience. Was pretty shocked when I got home and tested positive. Twelve days after first symptoms to a negative test. I feel great now and fitness is back though occasional wet cough remains.

Quote Originally Posted by Beder View Post
    Three weeks ago today began a very long trip to Chile. Third day there started to feel a bit "off." Had one bad night...chills, headache, cough. Then 2 more nights of a persistent dry cough. Skied every day for a week. Only issue was cardio fitness... a modest hike I had done in the past nearly finished me. I really thought it was a bad cold as it seemed to progress like one. Two others in our group of about 20 had similar experience. Was pretty shocked when I got home and tested positive. Twelve days after first symptoms to a negative test. I feel great now and fitness is back though occasional wet cough remains.
    Glad you're better but I got to ask: were you really "shocked" that you caught Covid during a global pandemic?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I think (?) he’s saying that he was surprised to get a positive test result after so many days of Negative results, and after so many days after onset of symptoms?
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

I was surprised it was covid given the symptoms I experienced. I thought it was a cold or some similar bug that blows through town every other ski season.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Mystery respiratory illness kills two health care workers and patient at clinic, sickens six others in Argentina

they have already ruled out COVID-19, flu, influenza types A and B, the legionella bacterial disease and the hantavirus spread by rodents.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Saw reports calling it Legionnaires' disease .... not true??