Page 720 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 ... LastLast
Results 17,976 to 18,000 of 41810
    Yesterday both both France and Spain released seroprevalence data.

In France only around 5% infected, more than 20,000 deaths, with 3.6% of infected individuals hospitalized and an IFR of 0.7%.

In Spain too only around 5% infected, more than 27,000 deaths, and a death rate just under 1%.

A meta-analysis of multiple studies shows convergent IFR estimates of 0.5 to 0.9% for COVID-19.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Exactly.

So if there’s a home test good enough to protect Rory, why the fuck isn’t it in mass production to protect at least some of the millions and millions trying to work. WTF?
    Priorities, gotta keep people on Trumps golf courses errr I mean playing golf.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Not clever-pathetic...Like when Michael Ryan compared C19 to HIV this am.

I recall the TGR group think consortium attempted lambasting for the same correlation just a week or so ago.

Just one more instance of the TGR think tank advocating another stance that's provably incorrect.

What's next for the empathy-profiteers in this thread....

Glad you're in agreement doctors die of the flu so a dr or multiple dr's dying of C19 in no way makes c19 extraordinary.
    What in the ever-loving fuck is your point?

Exactly.

So if there’s a home test good enough to protect Rory, why the fuck isn’t it in mass production to protect at least some of the millions and millions trying to work. WTF?
    LOL. Have you not been paying attention?

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post

In France only around 5% infected, more than 20,000 deaths, with 3.6% of infected individuals hospitalized and an IFR of 0.7% .

In Spain too only around 5% infected, more than 20,000 deaths, and death rate just under 1%.

Convergent IFR estimates
    Yup. And herd immunity is MILES away.

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    Just found out a friend's mother is covid positive and went downhill quickly. She was at Altaview but was transported to LDS hospital in SLC today in the ICU and has been intubated. His mom and dad, who is blind, moved into his walkout basement when pops lost his vision. His dad has tested positive and is in quarenteen, his brother and husband are positive, now his wife is sick and he thinks she has it. My wife teaches both his kids and is his daughters swim coach. Jesus F Christ these are salt of the earth good people I share beers with him over the back fence every couple weeks in nonpandemic times. Its just him alone trying to handle everything with two kids. We left dinner on his doorstep tonight and me and the boy will be handling his yardwork tomorrow. Im gonna go cry now
    Thanks for the reminder that this is real, and affects real people in real a devastating ways. Too bad some people and pundits just can't grasp this.

Good luck to your neighbors and thanks for being a helping hand to those in need. I hate to use a religious quote, but there is a truth in the quote "There but for the grace of God, go I." Anyone of us could be that neighbor.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image-1.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	212.6 KB 
ID:	328500
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Well maybe I’m wrong but you both had very similar Karen rants around the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

In France only around 5% infected, more than 20,000 deaths, with 3.6% of infected individuals hospitalized and an IFR of 0.7%.

In Spain too only around 5% infected, more than 27,000 deaths, and a death rate just under 1%.

A meta-analysis of multiple studies shows convergent IFR estimates of 0.5 to 0.9% for COVID-19.
    Wonder what type of tests (with what accuracies, FP/FN) they used?

The infection rate seems (depressingly) low, considering that the some larger enclosed communities (De Gaulle, Rosevelt) had the infection rates at around or over 33%. Of course, spread of general population is way different than aircraft carriers, but still... 5%?
    Damn.

Edit: On Charles De Gaulle of the 1760 tested 1048 were positive...so about 60%? Could not find mention of asymptomatic but that data could be interesting, wonder if that could be correlated with Spain/France data.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Putting that into perspective

In a country of 67M
    5% infection rate.
    3.35 M infected
    147k confirmed infections

95.7% of the infected population is asymptomatic or mild symptoms.

So slightly higher asymptomatic/mild symptoms than I stated 40 days ago?

SkiCoug was even closer.

85-90% of the C19 fatalities in France are over 70... Wait until you see the IFR for those under 70...

Has any one published infection susceptible % of population?

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    What in the ever-loving fuck is your point?
    his point is STOP FUCKING QUOTING HIM

Among those positive for Ab, 26% were asymptomatic if you read the article.

But go on...
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Testing is for essential workers. Like PGA players.
    I’ll repeat again. If there’s a viable home test good enough for the PGA, why the fuck isn’t it being mass produced?

I’ll repeat again. If there’s a viable home test good enough for the PGA, why the fuck isn’t it being mass produced?
    Because they are working out the profit margins first. This is America, for and by the corporate overlords.

Promises of free tests....at first...but not for all of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Among those positive for Ab, 26% were asymptomatic if you read the article.

But go on...

What did I miss?

https://science.sciencemag.org/conte...cience.abc3517

Why aren't the empathetic concerned about non-C19 excess deaths. The NY study was extraordinarily concerning.

I read this morning that the quick test they're using at the White House is maybe 70% reliable, so, who knows. Although we have the most, the best, the greatest testing in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I read this morning that the quick test they're using at the White House is maybe 70% reliable, so, who knows. Although we have the most, the best, the greatest testing in the world.
    so you're saying there's a chance.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Oh my bad, that paper states 25% asympyomatic rate modeled off of the Diamond Princess and a population prevalence of 3.6%-4.4% not 26% asymptomatic and 5% prevelence like the serosurveilence in Spain.

But go on...

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    so you're saying there's a chance.
    ha

its the blood clot flu.

Science papers main points were 1. Lockdown in France was effective at reducing R0 from 2.9 to .6-.7, and 2. that "herd immunity" was nowhere in sight.

Oh my bad, that paper states 25% asympyomatic rate modeled off of the Diamond Princess and a population prevalence of 3.6%-4.4% not 26% asymptomatic and 5% prevelence like the serosurveilence in Spain.

But go on...
    Man ever since the Ionnadis article I've been pointing to the Diamond Princess and I've been getting a lot of rolled eyes around here for it. Back to the fray!

But go on...
    No stress, thanks for your hard work battling the virus and contributions.

Here's an interesting one on vitamin D reducing symptom severity.

https://eurekalert.org/pub_releases/...-vdd051220.php

IFR tracks to previous data (figured it was somewhere 0.5-1.5), as does hospitalization rates of all infections (figured 1-10%). Expected.

Where it fell in there naturally meant prevalence lower than expected ouch. I'd have wagered closer to 10%. Ouch. Bad news.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

So here's an interesting perspective I'm hearing a bit more attention on: https://www.sciencealert.com/why-do-...e-others-don-t
    It's not just that people are "asymptomatic" but perhaps a better way to look at is it that asymptomatic is simply having a better immune response, ie a well functioning immune system. The thing that's been throwing everyone off is how kids are by and large unaffected by COVID.
    From the piece linked above: "However, there is no good evidence that asymptomatic people who never develop symptoms are able to pass it on."

IF this is true, then that could be some very, very good news. I know it's being researched pretty heavily right now. Heard about a big study from Switzerland that came up with the same kind of conclusion. I sure hope that it's true! Then we can finally let our kids get back to a normal, healthy life. As well as those who are as we call "asymptomatic."

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    IF this is true, then that could be some very, very good news. I know it's being researched pretty heavily right now. Heard about a big study from Switzerland that came up with the same kind of conclusion. I sure hope that it's true! Then we can finally let our kids get back to a normal, healthy life. As well as those who are as we call "asymptomatic."
    This sounds like my eight year old wrote it.