Page 1559 of 1605 FirstFirst ... 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 ... LastLast
Results 38,951 to 38,975 of 40118
  1. #38951
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1,191

    Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I don't listen to lyrics much, just the music..
    What a weak copout, guy.

    The music is pretty craptastic too! Lowest common denominator shit. 3rd week of guitar lessons shit.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  2. #38952
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I get the joke, but Elliot Easton is one of the most underrated guitarist of the 70s and The Cars were one of the few original bands in a sea of commercial garbage.

    Nugent was just derivative dinosaur rock.
    We are saying the same thing. Nugent is derivative crap and some people have no taste.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

  3. #38953
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    19,827
    CDC has published clinical data on the effectiveness of boosters against Delta and Omicron
    https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/...cid=mm7104e3_w

    VE was significantly higher among patients who received their second mRNA COVID-19 vaccine dose <180 days before medical encounters compared with those vaccinated ≥180 days earlier. During both Delta- and Omicron-predominant periods, receipt of a third vaccine dose was highly effective at preventing COVID-19–associated emergency department and urgent care encounters (94% and 82%, respectively) and preventing COVID-19–associated hospitalizations (94% and 90%, respectively).

  4. #38954
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,984
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Full disclosure, I can still greatly appreciate the artistic works of people I strongly disagree with on a personal or political level. Love Ted Nugent's music, he's a horrible excuse for a human.. On topic, I'm 100% good with Darwin removing as many obtuse obstacles to pandemic necessary measures as he can. It's a bummer, but for the best IMHO..
    Bud.

    two thoughts
    ( and remembering 'journaling' ) -

    I would not consider this a HO. And

    there is an adage,
    ' never speak ill of the dead... '


    ... peace, man. skiJ

  5. #38955
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    11,148
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    We are saying the same thing.
    and I just wanted to plug EE. When I was a kid learning to play, I'd listen to the first cars album over and over to figure out his parts (Ocasek barely played anything). The guy could shred, but chose the tasteful/music path.

  6. #38956
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    8,502
    Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    What a weak copout, guy.

    The music is pretty craptastic too! Lowest common denominator shit. 3rd week of guitar lessons shit.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I dig the drum tracks. Carmine Appice wrote the first rock drums book I learned when I was just starting. Saw his brother play with Sabbath back in the day. Also I have pretty high respect for pretty much anyone who gets up on stage in front of people to share their gifts... or curses. I've seen Ingvie live. I've seen lots of folks. The most badd assed chops aren't always the most soulful and eloquent products.. Joe Strummer wasn't any "better" than Nugent.. but I dig that too. Hell Clapton isn't really all that compared to Stevie.. It's the personal vibes that make folks special, not the raw mechanical chops..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  7. #38957
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    8,502
    Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    Bud.

    two thoughts
    ( and remembering 'journaling' ) -

    I would not consider this a HO. And

    there is an adage,
    ' never speak ill of the dead... '


    ... peace, man. skiJ
    What you say is true, but I also tend to believe that the passing of these publicly counter productive personalities is preventing ten fold future tragedies that might hit closer to home. Again, I'd prefer they got vaxxed and lived to convince others to also save themselves and their fellow humans.. But if they don't, oh well, I'm going to look at it as a necessary evil..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  8. #38958
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    the Low Sierra
    Posts
    15,375
    woke up at 3am yesterday with rotten symptoms

    I knew I finally had it

    tested at 9 at the hospital I work at and had results up by 3

    fully vaccinated and boosted

    I feel shitty - if this is a milder case Iím fkn glad I didnít get a bad one
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

  9. #38959
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    93108
    Posts
    2,530
    I just got over it. One night of chills followed by a morning consisting of minor cold/hangover symptoms. Took some Advil, and by the afternoon no more symptoms. I tested positive for a full week after my first night of chills.

    No vaccines.

  10. #38960
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I can still smell Poutine.
    Posts
    18,204
    I liked Nugent. In 5th grade. For about 10 minutes. Cat Scratch Fever and Wango Tango got a lot of airplay on CHOM (Say Awsh Oh Em) FM back then. They were catchy. To a 10 yr old. My friends listening to the local US stations had no idea what I was talking about. Until classic rock stations (WIZN) became a thing around here five years later. The cool thing about CHOM is they also played Dinah Moe Hum. Gotta love Canadians.

  11. #38961
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    14,362
    Quote Originally Posted by supermodel159 View Post
    I just got over it. One night of chills followed by a morning consisting of minor cold/hangover symptoms. Took some Advil, and by the afternoon no more symptoms. I tested positive for a full week after my first night of chills.

    No vaccines.
    Congrats for dodging the bullet. Did you infect anyone while you were contagious?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

  12. #38962
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12,960
    Responsible gun owner vs mask mandates:

    https://www.thedailybeast.com/amelia...ave-to-mask-up
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

  13. #38963
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    20,889
    Name:  tests.png
Views: 258
Size:  157.0 KB
    ďWhen you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis


    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  14. #38964
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    93108
    Posts
    2,530
    Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Congrats for dodging the bullet. Did you infect anyone while you were contagious?
    Probably. I got it from some vaxxed/boosted friends. I likely infected my children, however they never had symptoms or tested positive.

    Thankfully our immune systems worked as designed!

  15. #38965
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    8,502
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Name:  tests.png
Views: 258
Size:  157.0 KB
    That looks like multiple households to me.. They define a household as an "address". So each residence gets 4 tests. Here's the thing though. They start shipping at the end of this month.. But not to ALL zip codes. They're starting with the zip codes with the highest positive case rates and working down to the others.. So, those zip codes in the by gawd no gubbermint mandates states will be getting the tests first, ahead of the more mask and vax adopting zip codes..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  16. #38966
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    14,362
    Quote Originally Posted by supermodel159 View Post
    Probably. I got it from some vaxxed/boosted friends. I likely infected my children, however they never had symptoms or tested positive.

    Thankfully our immune systems worked as designed!
    My wife got hers at Christmas mass from the singing, nose out of his
    maskhole. My symptoms a week later mirrored yours. I go N95 plus with another mask over it when indoors in public to be sure I'm not a spreader. My parents taught us kids to be socially responsible.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

  17. #38967
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12,960


    This guy absolutely shreds Robert Malone, who has been getting a lot of ink lately (and referenced via Corn Shit's copy/paste posts), and I found it interesting.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

  18. #38968
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Golden BC
    Posts
    4,036
    If that Malone guy is the brightest of the anti vaxx then wow.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

  19. #38969
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    19,827
    States are receiving extremely limited supplies of the antiviral combination drug Paxlovid, which is 80% effective in preventing hospitalization if given within 5 days of symptoms to people with mild and moderate cases. Because of the limited supply the drug is supposed to be only given to the people at highest risk. The question is--should the drug be reserved for older vaccinated patients with medical conditions (who are probably still at very low risk from omicron, but not zero) or for unvaccinated otherwise healthy people who are likely at higher risk. Should I--71 with heart disease--be deprived of the drug because some otherwise lower risk person chose not to get vaccinated?

    Or should the drug be reserved for NFL QB's who test positive a week before the Super Bowl?

    The one obvious priority group would be the immunocompromised--but after that?

    And who decides. It will be very hard for an individual doc seeing an individual patient to deny the drug to someone who asks for it, regardless of their risk.

    I do think we should start a misinformation campaign to convince the anti-vax folks that Paxlovid shrinks your testicles and breasts and paralyzes the trigger finger.

  20. #38970
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    8,502
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    States are receiving extremely limited supplies of the antiviral combination drug Paxlovid, which is 80% effective in preventing hospitalization if given within 5 days of symptoms to people with mild and moderate cases. Because of the limited supply the drug is supposed to be only given to the people at highest risk. The question is--should the drug be reserved for older vaccinated patients with medical conditions (who are probably still at very low risk from omicron, but not zero) or for unvaccinated otherwise healthy people who are likely at higher risk. Should I--71 with heart disease--be deprived of the drug because some otherwise lower risk person chose not to get vaccinated?

    Or should the drug be reserved for NFL QB's who test positive a week before the Super Bowl?

    The one obvious priority group would be the immunocompromised--but after that?

    And who decides. It will be very hard for an individual doc seeing an individual patient to deny the drug to someone who asks for it, regardless of their risk.

    I do think we should start a misinformation campaign to convince the anti-vax folks that Paxlovid shrinks your testicles and breasts and paralyzes the trigger finger.
    Easy solution.. Give the antivax person horse dewormer.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  21. #38971
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    What you say is true, but I also tend to believe that the passing of these publicly counter productive personalities is preventing ten fold future tragedies that might hit closer to home. Again, I'd prefer they got vaxxed and lived to convince others to also save themselves and their fellow humans.. But if they don't, oh well, I'm going to look at it as a necessary evil..
    You think people were going to Meat Loaf for health and wellness advice?

  22. #38972
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    8,502
    Quote Originally Posted by thedude2340 View Post
    You think people were going to Meat Loaf for health and wellness advice?
    OK Joe Rogan?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  23. #38973
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    16,733
    OG, after doing all I have been asked to for the last 2 years I am really ready to see major rule changes going forward.
    No more lock downs, masks, whatever. Either you have a little common sense and are fully vaccinated and trying to be safe around the those you love that may have compromised health or you're not vaxed and at at the end of the line for all health care. If you are found to be non-vaxed and test positive in public, the first offense is a $10k fine and 6 months in county jail. After that we ship you to a Catalina island with a tent, sleeping bag, some supplies and a pistol with 1 round in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

  24. #38974
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    11,053
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    OG, after doing all I have been asked to for the last 2 years I am really ready to see major rule changes going forward.
    No more lock downs, masks, whatever. Either you have a little common sense and are fully vaccinated and trying to be safe around the those you love that may have compromised health or you're not vaxed and at at the end of the line for all health care. If you are found to be non-vaxed and test positive in public, the first offense is a $10k fine and 6 months in county jail. After that we ship you to a Catalina island with a tent, sleeping bag, some supplies and a pistol with 1 round in it.
    The vaccine has stopped people from dying, but itís not stopped people from getting covid. Everyone one around me, family, friends, all vaccinated, and all went down with Covid this month. If we stopped wearing masks, quarantining, and social distancing, it would be worse.

    Sitting here trying to get over it, I hope to hell a strain that is equally contagious as Omni, but more resistant to the vaccine does not emerge.

    At this point Iím prepared for anything.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  25. #38975
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Where the sheets have no stains
    Posts
    18,204
    Split the difference.

    People who are willing can get the Vaccines, take precautions and slowly get back to a somewhat normal life.

    People who refuse to be vaccinated or take precautions will either get sick and die or get sick and get better and in the process will acquire some level of protection.

    We cannot and will not refuse medical care to the people in category 2, its just not how this country functions.

    "If" Health Insurance availability and cost is determined by Vax status I am fine with that. Free market and all.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

    "Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •