Page 1557 of 1605 FirstFirst ... 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 ... LastLast
Results 38,901 to 38,925 of 40118
  1. #38901
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I can still smell Poutine.
    Posts
    18,209
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    2 years ago today the first Washington state Covid cases (first confirmed in the US) were identified.

    Welcome to year 3.

    Carry on.
    What a ray of sunshine this is.

  2. #38902
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12,961
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    2 years ago today the first Washington state Covid cases (first confirmed in the US) were identified.

    Welcome to year 3.

    Carry on.
    On your second birthday you actually turn three? this just gets worse and worse.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

  3. #38903
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    11,551
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    On your second birthday you actually turn three? this just gets worse and worse.
    No, you finish your second year and start your third. Get it? Are you one those people that thought the new millennium started on January 1st 2000?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  4. #38904
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    7,160
    ...and when you turn 61 you've actually entered your seventh decade. Nobody gets out alive.

  5. #38905
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,866
    Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    ...and when you turn 60 you've actually entered your seventh decade. Nobody gets out alive.
    FIFY

  6. #38906
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Not Rogers or Djok but apparently this person was well known in Urup..

    Hana Horka: Czech singer dies after catching Covid intentionally

    This is why vax and not positive test is the preferred pass to play in the US.. To prevent COVID parties..
    Wtf?

    “Sunday morning, the day she died, Ms Horka said she was feeling better and dressed to go for a walk. But then her back started hurting, so she went to lie down in her bedroom.
    "In about 10 minutes it was all over," her son said. "She choked to death".”

  7. #38907
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    20,889
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    What a ray of sunshine this is.
    That's Little Miss Sunshine to you


    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    FIFY
    There is no year zero. But I get it... that rule doesn't totally work for age because when you're born you aren't 1yo.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis


    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  8. #38908
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    inpdx
    Posts
    17,229
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    On your second birthday you actually turn three? this just gets worse and worse.
    at age three, you've lived three years

    entering year three of a pandemic begins when year two is up [it doesn't mean the pandemic has been going on 3 yrs]

  9. #38909
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    8,517
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    That's Little Miss Sunshine to you
    I thought that was my job here...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  10. #38910
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Where the sheets have no stains
    Posts
    18,210
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    That's Little Miss Sunshine to you




    There is no year zero. But I get it... that rule doesn't totally work for age because when you're born you aren't 1yo.
    Awesome, according to your system I am a year younger
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

    "Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

  11. #38911
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    20,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Awesome, according to your system I am a year younger
    Confused......so you were a year old when you popped out of the birth canal or are we back to the start of the year meaning you're in your first year?

    With caledar years there is no zero right? The year 1 BC is followed directly by year AD 1

    Whatever... doesn't matter. The pandemic has been with use 2 full years and we are headed towards a 3rd year.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis


    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  12. #38912
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I can still smell Poutine.
    Posts
    18,209
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Confused......so you were a year old when you popped out of the birth canal or are we back to the start of the year meaning you're in your first year?

    With caledar years there is no zero right? The year 1 BC is followed directly by year AD 1

    Whatever... doesn't matter. The pandemic has been with use 2 full years and we are headed towards a 3rd year.
    Yuse is right.

  13. #38913
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    19,820
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    While I wouldn't begin to compare the US health care "system" to those of other modern industrialized nations, their health care systems are buckling under the cost and the case loads as well. But their citizens aren't being bankrupted.

    Quote Originally Posted by thedude2340 View Post
    Wtf?

    “Sunday morning, the day she died, Ms Horka said she was feeling better and dressed to go for a walk. But then her back started hurting, so she went to lie down in her bedroom.
    "In about 10 minutes it was all over," her son said. "She choked to death".”
    One guess would be a blood clot in her lung, due to Covid.

  14. #38914
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    7,859
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I thought that was my job here...
    No, definitely KQ's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

  15. #38915
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    8,517
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post

    One guess would be a blood clot in her lung, due to Covid.
    PE FTW... of the Darwin Games..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  16. #38916
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,334
    I’ve been busy working, caring for family, and feeling bad (haven’t gotten test results back yet). What happened in the Uk today?

  17. #38917
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Depends on the time of year
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    While I wouldn't begin to compare the US health care "system" to those of other modern industrialized nations, their health care systems are buckling under the cost and the case loads as well. But their citizens aren't being bankrupted.
    Yep. One thing that's been interesting to observe is the number of people who find out they have COVID, panic, then go straight to emergency. They've had to put in quite a bit of effort lately to help people understand what symptoms can me managed by your general practitioner (known as a GP, and is the exact same thing as a PCP), and when to go to hospital.

    One side effect of covid-zero was we all were endlessly told the disease was a foregone conclusion that was going to kill you, so it's a steep learning curve to understand the difference between "I'm having a shit time" and "I might be cactus".

    Still, actual hospitalisations and ICU admissions appear to be coming in lower than forecast, which they're attributing to widespread vaccination and boosting.

  18. #38918
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    20,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Yep. One thing that's been interesting to observe is the number of people who find out they have COVID, panic, then go straight to emergency. They've had to put in quite a bit of effort lately to help people understand what symptoms can me managed by your general practitioner (known as a GP, and is the exact same thing as a PCP), and when to go to hospital.

    One side effect of covid-zero was we all were endlessly told the disease was a foregone conclusion that was going to kill you, so it's a steep learning curve to understand the difference between "I'm having a shit time" and "I might be cactus".

    Still, actual hospitalisations and ICU admissions appear to be coming in lower than forecast, which they're attributing to widespread vaccination and boosting.
    Funny (or not) this just popped up in my FB feed from our local community health page:

    ER is for Emergencies PSA
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis


    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  19. #38919
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I can still smell Poutine.
    Posts
    18,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Yep. One thing that's been interesting to observe is the number of people who find out they have COVID, panic, then go straight to emergency. They've had to put in quite a bit of effort lately to help people understand what symptoms can me managed by your general practitioner (known as a GP, and is the exact same thing as a PCP), and when to go to hospital.

    One side effect of covid-zero was we all were endlessly told the disease was a foregone conclusion that was going to kill you, so it's a steep learning curve to understand the difference between "I'm having a shit time" and "I might be cactus".

    Still, actual hospitalisations and ICU admissions appear to be coming in lower than forecast, which they're attributing to widespread vaccination and boosting.
    Fuck. I don't want to be a cactus.

  20. #38920
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Depends on the time of year
    Posts
    246
    Drink more beer and you'll be right. Also try not to get COVID, and don't touch the wildlife.

  21. #38921
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,986
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    2 years ago today the first Washington state Covid cases (first confirmed in the US) were identified.

    Welcome to year 3.

    Carry on.
    when my grandfather turned 89, he used to say,
    " I am in my ninetieth year ! "

    so I understand KQ's persperctive -
    After two years,
    we are in the third year.


    2020 was a strange year -
    I remember hope-ing the development of a vaccine would lead to the end of 'the pandemic.' . . .


    Silly boy.

    keep vaccinating ( and boosting ) skiJ

  22. #38922
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    17,146
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Fuck. I don't want to be a cactus.
    Depends on the type.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat

  23. #38923
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    19,820
    The problem with people getting over covid at home is that the best drugs--if you can get them--require treating before you get very sick. At least that was the case before omicron. And the reality of medical care in the US--and I suspect Canada and a lot of places with good health care systems--is that getting that kind of care promptly from your personal doctor is likely to be a challenge.

    And with omicron, who is high enough risk, especially among the vaccinated, to justify covid pills? Does anyone know this yet?

    It is not reasonable to ask the general public to keep track of all the changing information and to know what their personal risk is in order to know when to go to the ER when their personal doctor can't help them.

  24. #38924
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,334
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The problem with people getting over covid at home is that the best drugs--if you can get them--require treating before you get very sick. At least that was the case before omicron. And the reality of medical care in the US--and I suspect Canada and a lot of places with good health care systems--is that getting that kind of care promptly from your personal doctor is likely to be a challenge.

    And with omicron, who is high enough risk, especially among the vaccinated, to justify covid pills? Does anyone know this yet?

    It is not reasonable to ask the general public to keep track of all the changing information and to know what their personal risk is in order to know when to go to the ER when their personal doctor can't help them.
    Our country claims 4-6 days to get pcr test result back from the truckee or grass valley testing centers.

  25. #38925
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    11,551
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    While I wouldn't begin to compare the US health care "system" to those of other modern industrialized nations, their health care systems are buckling under the cost and the case loads as well. But their citizens aren't being bankrupted.



    One guess would be a blood clot in her lung, due to Covid.
    Saddle embolus


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •