Page 1488 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 ... LastLast
Results 37,176 to 37,200 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Ok. My bad. 7 then. In the UK. Big whoop. How many have died in the US from it? Still 0?

I'll still take Omicron over Delta.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Fuck around and find out.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    From Facebook feed of guy I went to high school with:

Shit, fucking Hilary at it again.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Same as Ted with me - I see she’s masked, he’s not, and he’s glaring around waiting/hoping to get called out.
    Yup same here. Invariably a fat white guy in a hoody and ball cap
    Showing the world he’s a freedumb loving American not a sheep

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Goddamit, are you telling me MF is wrong again? How can that possibly be?
    Austin is often wrong, but rarely uncertain

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Austin is often wrong, but rarely uncertain
    I’m becoming kind of impressed with his unrelenting myopia in the face of countless fucked up takes and conclusions on his part and overwhelmingly solid corrections from the collective. You go MF, it’d be funny if it wasn’t kind of tragic.

Checking in. Vaxxed and boosted. Sickest I had ever been in my life 2/2020. Confirmed PCR test and zero symptoms 2/2021. Scratchy throat and runny nose as of yesterday morning, and a significant portion of the local hippy commune down with the sickness. All generally vaxxed and boosted, ages 20-30. Rapid test yesterday came back negative. Two rapid tests today came back positive. Last time I had covid we had a 100"+ storm cycle. Merry Christmas, y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    We punted last year’s to this year…
    Yeah, this was last year's, but I had the option to roll it to New Years 2022 or New Years 2023. 15 months ago New Years 2022 seemed like a reasonable play.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    That’s because you’re moronic…

Yep

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    Checking in. Vaxxed and boosted. Sickest I had ever been in my life 2/2020. Confirmed PCR test and zero symptoms 2/2021. Scratchy throat and runny nose as of yesterday morning, and a significant portion of the local hippy commune down with the sickness. All generally vaxxed and boosted, ages 20-30. Rapid test yesterday came back negative. Two rapid tests today came back positive. Last time I had covid we had a 100"+ storm cycle. Merry Christmas, y'all.
    Jesus. Stay well.

This has been hitting closer and closer to home, lately. I’ve had two acquaintances whose husbands died of COVID in the last three weeks. Both in their early 50s. Both unvaxxed (not sure to what degree either was anti-vax). Neither was the picture of health…carrying a few extra pounds. You wouldn’t expect to see them running a marathon or at the trailhead (unless it’s on a sxs), but you also expected to see them at a gathering next year and in 5 years and so on. Both had recent facebook posts with their wives a month or less ago talking about anniversaries and “here’s to the next ten years” or places they’re going to go in the spring.

I don’t know what to do about any of it. It’s all pretty damn sobering, though.

Merry christmas.
    focus.

It's so tragic to consider that the vast majority of these people would still be alive if they'd just gotten a couple shots. I just don't understand it.

It's so tragic to consider that the vast majority of these people would still be alive if they'd just gotten a couple shots. I just don't understand it.
    I know. Here we are nearing two years and I am still shaking my head in disbelief every day. An old friend pulled over to chat as I was raking the lawn Saturday. He's a right leaning/Trumper type so we always try and stay away from politics when I see him. He had just recovered from a bad case of Covid. We exchanged Covid war stories and then he started with the weirdness: "You know the vax they gave you isn't the same vaccine that was FDA approved, right?" Uh... "When I had Covid, I got hooked up with this Dr out of Florida who gave me ivermectin. Cleared me right up!" Uh...

My boss just had to retire because he has long covid. He told me he wished he'd gotten vaccinated, but he thought "it was just the flu". Uh...

My Q-anon co-worker's dad died two months ago from Covid. Q-anon co-worker said, "Man, I would have pushed him to get vaccinated if I had known." Uh...

In my county only 53.4% of eligible residents are fully vaccinated, and less than 63% have received one dose. Ya. Good times.

I mean, it’s pretty easy to understand.
    -Vaccines got associated with Hillary/Gates/Govt control/wimpy coastal elites telling others what to do. So not getting vaxxed represented freedom, ‘independent thinking’.
    -Once that dynamic was set, the die was cast. Their heels were dug in.

Anyone who had genuine side effect concerns and wanted to wait to see before deciding (ie those who were not politicizing or conspiracy theorists) have gotten jabbed. The ones who still haven’t gotten the vaccine have made their choice and are willing to live (or die) with that choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Xmas week right around the corner! Everybody into the gondola!
    I don't always ski, but when I do, I can't afford Stowe.

Quote Originally Posted by ts334 View Post
    -Vaccines got associated with Hillary/Gates/Govt control/wimpy coastal elites telling others what to do. So not getting vaxxed represented freedom, ‘independent thinking’.
    That I can understand, but by now I've got to think most of these people have seen friends and acquaintances be seriously affected and/or die from Covid. You'd think that harsh reality might chip away at their idiotic stance at some point.

I see they're now saying the omicron variant could cause one million new cases per day in the U.S. We better hope it turns out to be fairly benign.

That I can understand, but by now I've got to think most of these people have seen friends and acquaintances be seriously affected and/or die from Covid. You'd think that harsh reality might chip away at their idiotic stance at some point.
    That is a huge question. Governor Reeves comments are somewhat revealing though. https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...d-1218427/amp/

Too bad our country wasn’t founded by Rastas. They believe in heaven on earth.

This whole covid experience still reminds me of the game Plague, Inc. I stopped playing it because it seemed too much like crowd sourced bio-weapons research performing scenario simulations. Ya, I have a mild paranoid thing going on.

and are willing to live (or die) with that choice.
    I’m not sure that last part is true.
    From what I’ve seen & read about, these folks are legitimately surprised when they get seriously ill or see friends & family get ill.
    They just don’t believe the virus is serious or even real.

Anyone who had genuine side effect concerns and wanted to wait to see before deciding (ie those who were not politicizing or conspiracy theorists) have gotten jabbed. The ones who still haven’t gotten the vaccine have made their choice and are willing to live (or die) with that choice.
    I waited about a month between the first moment I could get the vaccine and actually getting it. I qualified early due to volly ski patrol. I delayed due to a combination of (1) side effect concerns and (2) that I was not particularly high risk (young-ish and healthy) and at the time there weren’t enough vaccines to go around, plus the venue I’d have had to get it from was a 4 hour round trip out of my day. Nobody turned into a zombie so I got over it fairly quickly.

I do think there’s a fairly significant group of people who are waiting for a nudge. Not anti-vax, just anti- taking time out of their day and/or don’t like getting stuck. Not to defend that, but I don’t think it would take much of an incentive (travel restrictions, small cash bonus, employer mandate, etc.) for them to get over the hump.
    focus.

Yup, and your approach makes total sense. But someone who still needs a nudge after a year of the vaccine (no zombies yet) is a different story.

Politics is the new religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Politics is the new religion.
    "Upon this rock(head) I will build my church."

is there any literature on why this thing has seemed to ride on a curve with peaks every 4 or so months throughout 2021? (looking at global scale)

Name:  When-Facism-Comes-To-America-It-Will-Be-Wrapped-In-The-Flag-And-Carrying-A-Cross-Sinclair-Lewis-.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  22.0 KB
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

When a quote is attributed to someone on the internet, they probably didn't say it.

Just had a phone call with a friend. Did not speak with him for the last 12 month.

He is fully aware of the whole situation but doesnt want the vaccine.

Made his mother get the shot. But not for him.

No bullshit arguments, all facts.

I dont know😔 one less to talk to.