Page 1055 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 ... LastLast
Results 26,351 to 26,375 of 41810
    No credit given. There are hundreds of photos in this book. It is like a time capsule.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    I do. Finished Mary Trump's book pretty quick. Woodward's should be a fast read. Still trying to finish these two but they are heavy.
    Those guys were the reason you couldn't keep a VW badge in your front grill for a decade. My Golf had a hole up there almost immediately.

Have you read the book that started it all, Chernow's Hamilton? It's a great story without a sound track.

Houston Rockets forward Danuel House Jr. was a late scratch from Game 3 of his team’s Western Conference semifinals series against the Los Angeles Lakers for what were described as “personal reasons.” It was later revealed that he is under investigation for a possible bubble violation, and now we know what the issue is.

Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports reports that House is being investigated by the NBA for allegedly allowing a female COVID-19 testing official into his hotel room. A decision on his status is expected to come before Game 4 on Thursday night.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Those were both gifts from my wife. I do like reading about history and culture. I'll add hamilton to the list, thanks. I like reading about criminal behavior so Trump has been a good subject. When NY gets ahold of him I expect some great articles on how that whole family is a criminal enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    How are the polls supposed to move, are there so many people who will change their mind between Kanye and an actual candidate in the next week?
    I don't expect them to move. But, if they do, it will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Those were both gifts from my wife. I do like reading about history and culture. I'll add hamilton to the list, thanks. I like reading about criminal behavior so Trump has been a good subject. When NY gets ahold of him I expect some great articles on how that whole family is a criminal enterprise.
    Pick up a few books about the Medicis and especially the Borgias if you want to read about real high end family crime drama.

Remember when all the admin officials were also briefed on how serious this pandemic was going to be...and then they downplayed it as well? And at the same time sold their stock holdings based on what they really knew?

But yeah - Bob having a tape of Trump saying "it's worse than the flu" - that's what we needed to finally accept this well guarded secret.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    But yeah - Bob having a tape of Trump saying "it's worse than the flu" - that's what we needed to finally accept this well guarded secret.
    The flu rhetoric has been a foundation point made by the reopen shit in California. Those peeps may have used something else to make their point, but ....

I get that Bob deserves criticism for holding this back. He should have released the Trump covid quotes in the spring. It might of spared some people getting covid and dying or having long term health effects.

But the idea that this information woulda made some monumental difference on a national scale in changing people's minds about Trump's honesty and his leadership and his response to covid - that is delusional.

And the degree of outrage directed at Bob is insane when measured against the "it is what it is" level of complacency shown towards Trump and his ilk when we see, for the millionth time, how he is just the shittiest leader the US has ever had. I get it though - outrage fatigue is real even when the outrage is valid.

I get that Bob deserves criticism for holding this back. He should have released the Trump covid quotes in the spring. It might of spared some people getting covid and dying or having long term health effects.

But the idea that this information woulda made some monumental difference on a national scale in changing people's minds about Trump's honesty and his leadership and his response to covid - that is delusional.

And the degree of outrage directed at Bob is insane when measured against the "it is what it is" level of complacency shown towards Trump and his ilk when we see, for the millionth time, how he is just the shittiest leader the US has ever had. I get it though - outrage fatigue is real even when the outrage is valid.
    Again, I think I'm getting lumped in with tRumtards. I hold tRump accountable to a far higher degree. Sorry I ever brought it up. It still begs a question, if you overhear something that implicates someone in a murder conspiracy, and you hold it back, what is your liability? I am most certainly not a lawyer of any kind.

Riser - apologies - I was not directing my comments your way - or really making any direct comments towards maggots. It's more a mixture of too much coffee, too much internet time, and not enough outdoors times - coupled with frustration about how 30-40% of US voters will buy into the headlines of "how dare Bob withhold this info?!" without examining it any deeper than that headline. You and the vast majority of posters here are not in that camp.

I think the Woodward situation is worthy of interesting discussion - but I admit I may be too fed up with 2020 to debate it without an edge of intensity in my words.

R. It's more a mixture of too much coffee, too much internet time, and not enough outdoors times s.
    you just explained 95% of this country's problem except swap coffee for alcohol pills and weed self medicated and educated on the internet

meanwhile.......... people like me don't give a fuck about anything maybe I should register to vote this year nah that'd be a waste of time

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    you just explained 95% of this country's problem except swap coffee for alcohol pills and weed self medicated and educated on the internet

meanwhile.......... people like me don't give a fuck about anything maybe I should register to vote this year nah that'd be a waste of time
    We need you man. Colorado is a swing state. Don't mean jack if I vote.

https://www.theunion.com/news/nevada...NFDULy-AJJR19E

Restaurants pushing legislature to allow them to re-open. I have not noticed the State of CA discussing the issue related to aerosol spread when people are unmasked, talking, and socializing. These restaurants are being (mis)led and encouraged by a few known tea party-esque libertarian agitators with seperate and grander motives.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    It still begs a question, if you overhear something that implicates someone in a murder conspiracy, and you hold it back, what is your liability? I am most certainly not a lawyer of any kind.
    Interesting legal conundrum involving duty to act/rescue and good Samaritan laws that go all the way back to English common law. I could see someone suing Woodward for not disclosing because he wanted to maximize personal profits. Not sure if that lawsuit will go anywhere.

On the flip side, journalism is dead, add revenue non-existent, no one wants to pay for subscriptions, and we all get our news from TGR. So can you blame the guy for trying to get paid?

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    ...maybe I should register to vote this year nah that'd be a waste of time
    come on man you gotta do it this time

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    We need you man. Colorado is a swing state. Don't mean jack if I vote.
    Ain't no "swing state" - at least at the Presidential level. Matters not if fastfred votes for Prez.

Maybe it does this time. Maybe in the shit show of December and January when this election is being contested it will matter. Who knows.

What is the downside to voting?

Maybe it does this time. Maybe in the shit show of December and January when this election is being contested it will matter. Who knows.

What is the downside to voting?
    I would encourage everyone to vote. But this was an opportunity to give Bunny some shit, so I took it.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Ain't no "swing state" - at least at the Presidential level. Matters not if fastfred votes for Prez.
    Shitload more swing than my state. Didn't we all relax and assume Michigan and Wisconsin were no swing states the last time? How'd that work out?

Shitty

If you don't vote you don't get to bitch about anything gov related - including taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    If you don't vote you don't get to bitch about anything gov related - including taxes.
    HEY ! What's wrong with taxes ? They're the price you pay for civilized society. Trump doesn't pay taxes and is he civilized ?

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Interesting legal conundrum involving duty to act/rescue and good Samaritan laws that go all the way back to English common law. I could see someone suing Woodward for not disclosing because he wanted to maximize personal profits. Not sure if that lawsuit will go anywhere.

On the flip side, journalism is dead, add revenue non-existent, no one wants to pay for subscriptions, and we all get our news from TGR. So can you blame the guy for trying to get paid?
    My family has a subscription for the WaPo. Oh, the ironing.

This is skiing's biggest issue this winter. Day trips. Or you better have a kitchen.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...eased-n1239771