Page 1657 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 ... LastLast
Results 41,401 to 41,425 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    When/if the hospitals are getting slammed again and unable to keep up with demand for emergency care my mask is going right back on.
    There was a tongue in my cheek there, I wasn't actually criticizing you. Unless you're getting invited to big indoor conferences hosted by aerosol deniers. Because that represents an objective increase in risk. Apparently around 4000% vs. the general population.

Osterholm describes himself as having long covid (~3:50 in the podcast) after his first infection a few months ago. https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/...-131-covid-fog

I like Flynn's idea. TGR should charge for membership to be divided up among current "charter" members. Say 3 cents per member, but don't expect change for a nickel.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    "Vaccines shown 100% effective at preventing death among those still living at the time of follow up."
    Hah!
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Well they do say the CDC has a communication problem.

https://www.mdpi.com/2076-393X/11/5/991

We learned about this potential pitfall in a 100 level zoology class in college.

Yawn. At least some of us can look back on all this drama and say, we told you so.

Any update on Jamie Fox?

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post

The community is called 4thePURE, and members can connect with blood donors, sperm donors, breastmilk donors, surrogates, and unvaccinated singles, according to the website. It will also have a directory of "COVID-19 unvaccinated patriot businesses.

https://www.businessinsider.com/mich...-people-2023-5
    great. Selective breeding of idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Rideout View Post

We learned about this potential pitfall in a 100 level zoology class in college.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/09/healt...ges/index.html

"Wastewater surveillance is inherently messy"

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/09/healt...ges/index.html

"Wastewater surveillance is inherently messy"
    One human with a cryptic infection can shed 1000 times as much virus as a typical human. That could really muck with community surveillance - is there a rise in cases or did a source of super turds move to your sewershed? Sounds like it's pretty rare at least.

anyone got a good eg.5 story yet ! ? ??

here we go again...

skiJ

CDC PSA risk assessment about the new variant: https://t.co/0Te8XAkpv5

Apparently, they haven’t issued one of these since Feb 2020, which I believe is due to change in leadership rather than the potential of widespread infection or severity from this particular variant compared to the first omicron variant, alpha, or delta.

in response to a question in the vaccination thread regarding disease tracking data, If that information is still publicly available, it will take someone else to find it -
    I believe more likely under current circumstances, that information is distributed to Public Health officials and is Not publicly available at this time ;

There was a recent article that I did not reserve that claimed the Federal Adminiistration is ready to re-implement protocols and practices if eg.5 leads to a significant increase in ( hospitalizations ( - I believe was identified as the critical factor, but Maybe there were other incidence criteria )) :

( the new vaccine was reported to be ready for release late next month ( late September ))

get ready. skiJ

from the vaccination thread. Thank you, -Bro.

Quote Originally Posted by SorryBro View Post
    In the hope you are being sincere about wanting to find this information, see link below. Not sure it's broken down by each bivalent strain, but knock yourself out.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...tatracker-home

Tinfoil hat? Too much twatter in your diet? If the gummint has data, you can file a FOIA for it. Unless they have a good excuse, you'll get it. They do work for us and there's pretty good transparency rules. Are there well paid media people who will file the request for you and write a nice thorough article for you? Less certain.

With the expiration of various emergencies, and the fragmented nature of US public health, don't be surprised if some data stops being collected or aggregated.

Disruptions from infection (we all have these stories, right?)
    Professor/instructor for my college freshman child tested positive last weekend with classes starting this week. Yesterday, classes went from delays for the week to a fully online class for the entire semester. My kid said the email from the prof was that they were still very ill. My kid is dropping the course. The college’s plans for what to do when this wave really enters the campus is very unclear. Online guidelines are from last summer. They mention isolation of infected in the dorms. Most dorm rooms are doubles/triples or suites and occupied.

First person I’ve know with long covid (neuro/brain fog) (a close and long time friend) has it again. I believe it’s their second time. Now trying to isolate at home with mild symptoms taking paxvolid (their 48yo). Their family is generally cautious (but social) and are unclear of source of infection. Spouse (still testing -) is an NP that works with very vulnerable population, so they’re quarantining at home. Kids (also still -) are at first week of new schools and masking in class. Their parent/grandparent that they see often tested + this week, too. That person had an episode of memory loss (ANO One) during the middle of the day this week, resulting in my sick/infected friend taking their sick/infected parent to the ER and spending most of the night at the ER (both donning respirators). Symptoms resolved while at the beginning of the ER visit (like they feel fine now!) with follow-ups pending neg RAT test or new symptoms. Neither of those infected got much rest for a 48hr period, which isn’t great.

I'm masking for a trip back to the Midwest, 'cause FTS.

The fact that we have two covid threads on the front page for the first time in many months proves there's a surge.

No way man - it’s being done to ramp up restrictions in advance of an important event in November 2024 that can’t be discussed outside of poliass

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I'm masking for a trip back to the Midwest, 'cause FTS.
    There’s an easier solution: never set foot in the MidWest

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    There’s an easier solution: never set foot in the MidWest
    It's family... what can you do? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    It's family... what can you do? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Disown them?

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Disown them?
    I mean... it's not a terrible suggestion. But I like 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    No way man - it’s being done to ramp up restrictions in advance of an important event in November 2024 that can’t be discussed outside of poliass
    Big track meet?