Page 1240 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 ... LastLast
Results 30,976 to 31,000 of 41810
    "Kickbacks are rewards such as cash, jewelry, free vacations, corporate sponsored retreats, or other lavish gifts used to entice medical professionals into using specific medical services. This could be a small cash kickback for the use of an MRI when not required, or a lavish doctor/patient retreat that is funded by a pharmaceutical company to entice the prescription and use of a particular drug."

I dated a girl that sells medical devices and previously medications.
    She starts by booking a golf day with the doctor.
    Apparently golf is the gold standard start to the carrot dangling process.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Apparently tits are the gold standard start to the carrot dangling process.
    Drug reps make used car salespeople seem legit.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    "Kickbacks are rewards such as cash, jewelry, free vacations, corporate sponsored retreats, or other lavish gifts

She starts by booking a golf day with the doctor.

Apparently golf is the gold standard start to the carrot dangling process.
    everyone wants to be don trump
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Cocksure...

Now there’s a word

In a sentence: "The cocksure Covid dick nose guys always prefer wearing chin diapers when they are licking Ayn Rand's taint, ranting about vaccines and comparing the inconvenience of church services via Zoom to a Japanese internment camp".

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Drug reps make used car salespeople seem legit.
    So maybe bobbystainless isn’t a complete douche? Or drug reps are trump level d-bags? Or stainless is a drug rep?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Morning stall cleaning ponderings (I swear this is where I do my best thinking - LOL!!):

Throughout this last year I've been going to the same grocery stores I always have with the same staff working there and I've yet to read that one has had to shut down for cleaning because and employee has tested positive for Covid or had a familiar clerk be out sick.

All stores have plexiglass dividers, SD mark-offs, cart sanitizing stations and the staff wear masks. A lot of people come through these stores daily. Does this not speak to the effectivness of mitigation? Does this not prove that if we all do the simple things suggested, wear a mask, keep our distance etc. we can function on a realtively normal basis until we get a vaccine and knock this thing down or am I smoking crack?
    I find myself asking the same questions....how can the community I’m in (very transient lake community with NY/NJ families flooding in every weekend to get on lake all summer/fall)....our schools be in person full time now for 12 weeks....and nobody/very small % is getting it?..or getting sick?

Everyone is always masked up....businesses/schools/restaurants are all following protocol......we are all very lucky...or somethings working I guess?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	609B7788-9A73-42AF-AF10-C8DD80187039.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	400.7 KB 
ID:	350021

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Who can explain it, who can tell you why?
    Fools give you reasons, wise men never try
    . business men they drink my wine, plowmen dig my earth, all of them along the line don't know what any of it is worth.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

It’s interesting seeing Hawaii’s new traveler entry protocol. Covid has been pretty tough of the state’s economy, but this change could really make it tough. All it’ll take is a few superspreaders....
    Travelers who, upon entry into the state, provide written confirmation from a state-approved COVID-19 testing facility of a negative test result from a test administered to the traveler within 72 hours from the final leg of departure, will be able to bypass Hawaii’s mandatory quarantine order. Additionally, starting November 24, 2020, travelers wishing to bypass the 14-day mandatory quarantine must have their negative COVID-19 test results - from a trusted testing partner - prior to departure for the State of Hawaii. See our Hawaii Testing Details section for more information.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    I am way out of my league here, so crystallize an ocean to make that grain of salt. And wear a tinfoil hat. I read something I don't understand and am speculating based off that.

Maybe, if the Russian virologist's (sorry forgot name, read about it months ago) theory is right, the flu shot might provide a few weeks of protection. AFAIK, no one pursued this approach, suggesting it doesn't work or is too crazy sounding or something.

That may be a good placebo choice if the non-specific effects even apply here. In theory, both study arms would get any benefit.

Considered not posting this as it's way speculative
    Toss that salt grain, here's a source.

Here's Dr. Mina confirming my rambling. There's a short term protective response from a vaccine that drops off over time. He says addresses this means the vaccines may have lower 'efficacy' than advertised.

And BC - The rapid tests Dr. Mina promotes solve your problem. Lobby your government reps to make it happen.
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Morning stall cleaning ponderings (I swear this is where I do my best thinking - LOL!!):
    ?
    If you field board, you wouldn’t have to be mucking and smoking crack. Vibes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post

Right? She could have more time in the day for legitimate persuits, such as smoking most crack. If you don't start early, you can't smoke crack all day.

^my point exactly.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

The Pope lambasting anti public health activists protesting the covid restrictions:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/26/o...gtype=Homepage

“Yet some groups protested, refusing to keep their distance, marching against travel restrictions — as if measures that governments must impose for the good of their people constitute some kind of political assault on autonomy or personal freedom! Looking to the common good is much more than the sum of what is good for individuals. It means having a regard for all citizens and seeking to respond effectively to the needs of the least fortunate.”

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

X

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Toss that salt grain, here's a source.

Here's Dr. Mina confirming my rambling. There's a short term protective response from a vaccine that drops off over time. He says addresses this means the vaccines may have lower 'efficacy' than advertised.
    I thought I saw references to this phenomenon early on in this thread, but it each reference makes it seem impossible to quantify for a novel disease.

I didn't check my math too carefully but from the numbers listed in the healthcare worker study I posted the other day it looked like antibodies from actual infection may only be 84% effective if you count asymptomatic reinfection. (SARS-COV-2 without COVID-19?)

Not a very large sample etc. but what if if it turns out that vaccines are very effective at stopping symptoms but less effective at stopping asymptomatic infections? Could the next normal be silent spread by carriers with the symptoms popping up among those not "immune?"

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Turns out, they were just mostly dead.

This is getting embarrassing.. Local BBQ joint defies public health orders and decides to open for indoor dining.

Name:	8ukiekqsap161.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	113.1 KB 
ID:	350064

Day 1 - place is packed with supporters, complete with maga hats (this is Canada ffs) qanon signs etc. Couple of local white supremists in attendance as well. Large media and police presence. Even though he's opened illegibly, police do nothing, well, besides ticketing vehicles belonging to the media for illegal parking.. It is also discovered this location (dude has two locations) has no license to operate and therefore no records of dinesafe (local kitchen health and hygiene program required to operate restaurant). Crowd got louder and angrier throughout the day, and many lashing out at the media.

Dude runs out of food and closes by 4 pm.

Day 2 - Dude reopens to crowds so large that now police need to get involved controlling local traffic. Throughout the day the owner does receive many charges under the Ontario Health Protection Act but nothing 'criminal' or strong enough to force him close his doors. It's only the second day and the city is exhausted from hearing about this bs.

Sells out and closes early again.

Late in Day 2 police finally reappear with a locksmith and lock him out.

Day 3 - Dude arrives on site to find he's locked out. Talks police into letting him into a back room to collect personal belongings (fucking Toronto police are really dumb by the way).

This happens, on video (while inside the back room, dude breaks through the wall into his restaurant to set up food service for the day.

https://twitter.com/KamilKaramali/st...24457520025600

Later in the day he is finally arrested and charged. Watch how outraged his people are, complete with attacking cops and equating this to "North Korea". Marvel at briskett man at the 5 second mark, going to be charged criminally over getting involved with this publicity stunt.

https://old.reddit.com/r/toronto/com...just_arrested/

The owner of this bbq joint owns three commercial properties in downtown Toronto ($$$$$) and at least two businesses. Gifted to him by his father. Thoughout the lockdowns he's been bragging on social media on how well his businesses were doing doing, while operating in accordance to the various new bylaws (basically take out / delivery only). In other words, this is all just a massive publicity stunt, that has gotten him shut down, and while he does have an alarming number of supporters, he's basically blacklisted himself from regular society.

Despite this, and this is what I don't get - all these supporters see him as this savvy, self made business man, in a David vs Goliath type fight, which couldn't be farther from the truth. And (of course?) this weird culmination of anti-mask, anti-vacc, qanon, maga, white supremacy etc. They're typicaly blue lives matter too so they must be confused now that the police are suddenly their enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Right? She could have more time in the day for legitimate persuits, such as smoking most crack. If you don't start early, you can't smoke crack all day.
    Dudes.....
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post

Despite this, and this is what I don't get - all these supporters see him as this savvy, self made business man, in a David vs Goliath type fight, which couldn't be farther from the truth.

This sounds familiar but I just can't put my finger on why.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    This is getting embarrassing.. Local BBQ joint defies public health orders and decides to open for indoor dining.

Name:	8ukiekqsap161.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	113.1 KB 
ID:	350064

Day 1 - place is packed with supporters, complete with maga hats (this is Canada ffs) qanon signs etc. Couple of local white supremists in attendance as well. Large media and police presence. Even though he's opened illegibly, police do nothing, well, besides ticketing vehicles belonging to the media for illegal parking.. It is also discovered this location (dude has two locations) has no license to operate and therefore no records of dinesafe (local kitchen health and hygiene program required to operate restaurant). Crowd got louder and angrier throughout the day, and many lashing out at the media.

Dude runs out of food and closes by 4 pm.

Day 2 - Dude reopens to crowds so large that now police need to get involved controlling local traffic. Throughout the day the owner does receive many charges under the Ontario Health Protection Act but nothing 'criminal' or strong enough to force him close his doors. It's only the second day and the city is exhausted from hearing about this bs.

Sells out and closes early again.

Late in Day 2 police finally reappear with a locksmith and lock him out.

Day 3 - Dude arrives on site to find he's locked out. Talks police into letting him into a back room to collect personal belongings (fucking Toronto police are really dumb by the way).

This happens, on video (while inside the back room, dude breaks through the wall into his restaurant to set up food service for the day.

Later in the day he is finally arrested and charged. Watch how outraged his people are, complete with attacking cops and equating this to "North Korea". Marvel at briskett man at the 5 second mark, going to be charged criminally over getting involved with this publicity stunt.

https://old.reddit.com/r/toronto/com...just_arrested/

The owner of this bbq joint owns three commercial properties in downtown Toronto ($$$$$) and at least two businesses. Gifted to him by his father. Thoughout the lockdowns he's been bragging on social media on how well his businesses were doing doing, while operating in accordance to the various new bylaws (basically take out / delivery only). In other words, this is all just a massive publicity stunt, that has gotten him shut down, and while he does have an alarming number of supporters, he's basically blacklisted himself from regular society.

Despite this, and this is what I don't get - all these supporters see him as this savvy, self made business man, in a David vs Goliath type fight, which couldn't be farther from the truth. And (of course?) this weird culmination of anti-mask, anti-vacc, qanon, maga, white supremacy etc. They're typicaly blue lives matter too so they must be confused now that the police are suddenly their enemy.
    But look at all the free advertising!
    Fuck the fines. This guy is going to have lineups all summer and fall next year when this ends.
    Meanwhile, in the 200 meters long lineup for Costco around the corner, people are buying the stuff they usually get from their local stores that have been subject to the lockdown.
    You go buster. Fuck the politicians.
    I'm starting to salivate for some take-out BBQ just thinking about this post.

You cant make this up, LOL!!!!
    Video of breaking in and breaking out.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Because it's human nature and happens. Not every time but all the time.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

You all seen the John snow memo? https://www.johnsnowmemo.com/

Meanwhile the Canadian government is allowing airline to seat people next to each other for the 5 hour flight from Toronto to Vancouver.
    Why do airlines get a free pass?