Page 1233 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 ... LastLast
Results 30,801 to 30,825 of 41810
    Jeebus people in Tri-Cities are freaking stump dumb at least those who are making the news. For the last week they've been clocking 200-300 new cases a day and yet they hold rallies protesting the Governor's shut down mandate saying they are tired of being scared at home. They are over this and just want to open their doors and let people decide for themselves.

Cue City Council member Clint Didier to say "this is all about control and in America we are free you cannot control us"

OMG - just saw some guy on the news say that governments should try persuasion rather than mandates because with persuasion you treating people with respect. Well that's a 2-way street now isn't it dude?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    Lack of social safety net is pathetic. Richest country in the world and so many months into pandemic can not find a way to support the affected. Pathetic and sad.
    You know what we need now?
    Libertarianism!
    That’ll solve things!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    OMG - just saw some guy on the news say that governments should try persuasion rather than mandates because with persuasion you treating people with respect. Well that's a 2-way street now isn't it dude?
    You know what tyranny I'm even more worried about? The tyranny that I'm required to wear clothes to enter pretty much any business in town. This is an unjust mandate and it's unconstitutional! I demand to be allowed to dangle my balls anywhere I want, it's my right as an American!

Also, the same goes for seat belts, drunk driving, and bans on backyard burning. Time for Americans to be FREE!

/s

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Believe it or not, where I live there has been a real spike in driving with no license plates, no trailer lights, super bright illegal headlights...etc. really just any pain in the ass thing where a redneck would say “fuck it I ain’t doin that no more”. The police are doing nothing.
    I can’t even imagine the amount of uninsured motorists right now...they’re just letting people drive around with no license plate at all...what country-fried q-anon porkchop is going to write a $2000 check for car insurance?

This is the fall of our brief empire.
    I noticed a lot cars without license plate in NM too... must be a hot trend.

From a hospital system in Bend: https://www.stcharleshealthcare.org/...-are-frontline

Key excerpt:
    During one of our St. Charles COVID-19 Incident Command calls last week, the dire situation we face became increasingly clear. On that day at that time, our Bend hospital was the only hospital in the state with any available ICU beds.

Suddenly, the refrain I’ve been hearing from colleagues throughout the nation hit incredibly close to home. Our health care workers can no longer be considered the front line of this fight. We are now your last resort.

You are on the front line.

Your actions and choices can make the difference for yourself, your families and your loved ones. Because we simply may not have the beds and staff to care for you if we don’t stop the spread of the virus now.

I would like to thank all the maggots who are working tirelessly to defeat Covid-19. We have maggots who drive ambulances, we have maggots who work in hospitals, we have maggots who are developing vaccines. I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    >>hugs d00d <<
    Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Damnit, that sucks. Good luck man.
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Wishing her the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    Vibes to her. Here's hoping she's one of the ones who shrugs it off!
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Good luck. My daughter is the same age and got it but sounds like your girl is having a tougher time with it.

Thanks team and thanks.to those who reached out directly yall are the best.

She hadnt been eating and was dehydrated momma made chicken soup gstorade has aided and we have her on meds and albuterol got her pulse ox from a scary number back to 96 and steady for last 10 hours. We probably could have taken her to ER but they are overloaded to the gills, we are semi medical literate and are working with doctors over the phone to be honest MTT I aint mad atcha man I just hope you are well we will all do.our part Im doing mine by holdimg shit down while momma takes a big one for the team. When she gets it I will step up harder and so on and so forth.

In further news... Canyons School District, where Mrs HTFB is remotely teaching while quarintined with my crotchfruit, decided today to reset rheir covid counter to zero because rhe numbers were still climbing in the student populace while remote and they are forcing inperson teaching in Monday. The teachers union finally grew a pair and called a sickout for next mon and tues maybe longer. News at 11

Sent from a van down by the river
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    Thanks team and thanks.to those who reached out directly yall are the best.

She hadnt been eating and was dehydrated momma made chicken soup gstorade has aided and we have her on meds and albuterol got her pulse ox from a scary number back to 96 and steady for last 10 hours. We probably could have taken her to ER but they are overloaded to the gills, we are semi medical literate and are working with doctors over the phone to be honest MTT I aint mad atcha man I just hope you are well we will all do.our part Im doing mine by holdimg shit down while momma takes a big one for the team. When she gets it I will step up harder and so on and so forth.

In further news... Canyons School District, where Mrs HTFB is remotely teaching while quarintined with my crotchfruit, decided today to reset rheir covid counter to zero because rhe numbers were still climbing in the student populace while remote and they are forcing inperson teaching in Monday. The teachers union finally grew a pair and called a sickout for next mon and tues maybe longer. News at 11

Sent from a van down by the river
    Thanks for the update. Hang in there!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Your question is a reasonable thing to wonder about. I'll try to answer it briefly. First you are quite right that the distancing and masking measures for COVID have mostly knocked out most of the respiratory viruses out there except for COVID and Rhinovirus. Does that mean that we are at increased risk of those later? The short answer is minimally so with respect to the fact that people will have caught them less often for maybe 12-18 months because there was masking and distancing. Their temporary decreased prevalence of common respiratory viruses is not going to produce a markedly reduced population level immunity nor a more virulent strain when the transmission reduction strategies are abandoned (people stop wearing masks).
    Excellent post. Thank you. That perfectly addresses what I was wondering this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I'd wager that nearly as many people loathe having to get together with their family on Thanksgiving as love it. For many this year is the perfect excuse to bail.
    Fuck, for like the last decade I've made it a point to be out of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Fuck, for like the last decade I've made it a point to be out of the country.
    And for that I'm sure they are thankful.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    And for that I'm sure they are thankful.
    Name:  1281906140-phil_hartman-as-ed_mcmahon-2.jpg
Views: 1082
Size:  11.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Nobody is really doing that much, or anything different when it comes to contact precautions at the hospital. That’s just anecdotal based on my daily experience over the last nine months.

MRSA is in the community and endemic in some populations now so I don’t really think it’s going to change that much because of COVID. Most patients are screened for SA and MRSA on admission.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully that means that at your hospital people were doing a good job before the pandemic. Nationwide people weren't--it was only towards the end of the 2000's that hospitals started to pay closer attention to strict handwashing between patients. When dealing with known cases of resistant organisms people did a good job but not always between silent cases. And no gowning between patients unless they had known resistant bugs And my and my wife's experience as patients several times in the last few years is that MRSA testing did not happen with every admission.

Of course if everyone in the hospital has covid then HCW's are doing extra precautions between all of them and there's no one left to transmit the other bugs.

As far as community MRSA--back in the day the drug sensitivity was somewhat different between community and Hospital acquired MRSA. Is that still the case? (I've seen penicillin sensitive SA a couple of times--an heirloom variety.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    Lack of social safety net is pathetic. Richest country in the world and so many months into pandemic can not find a way to support the affected. Pathetic and sad.
    Is it the Darwinian aspect of capitalism or the capitalistic aspect of Darwinism?

What's this stuff about The Big Reset?

CDC shortens quarantine for exposed people to 7-10 days w/ test.
    https://news.yahoo.com/cdc-shorten-l...220133934.html

Welp that's just in time to not affect us. Anyway, good news for some.

The spike protein of SARS-CoV-2 has been undergoing mutations and is highly glycosylated.
    https://www.cell.com/cell/pdf/S0092-8674(20)30877-1.pdf

The circulating SARS-CoV-2 spike variant N439K maintains fitness while evading antibody-mediated immunity
    https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1...11.04.355842v1

Implications for vaccine or immunity or lifespan of the circulating virus?
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    You know what tyranny I'm even more worried about? The tyranny that I'm required to wear clothes to enter pretty much any business in town. This is an unjust mandate and it's unconstitutional! I demand to be allowed to dangle my balls anywhere I want, it's my right as an American!

Also, the same goes for seat belts, drunk driving, and bans on backyard burning. Time for Americans to be FREE!

/s
    Actually, in a way, I really wish we could do all those things without some people wilding out and others being traumatized. At the same time, I get that people will wild out and others will be traumatized, and I get that with this many humans and this level of industrialization, we have to do some of this stuff if we want some basic peace and prosperity....and it’s sad to lose some of the beautiful wildness of our species, but I blame population explosion more than I feel like my freedom has been stolen.

It’s weird. On some level I think we need way fewer people so that it’s more feasible for more of us to live more expansive free lives...but I guess I’d like to see that population contraction happen in a humane and reasonable way...like people having one or zero kids.

None of this us going to happen though, because idiocracy.

For those wondering how China knocked their cases down to near nothing and "WhY CAn'T WE dO tHe SaME?!", check this out. Apparently an airline worker tested positive, so they attempted to round everyone in the massive Shanghai airport up and lead them to the basement for what people were fearing would be forced quarantine. Watch this and tell me Americans would put up with this. Even the Chinese are like "uhh, NOPE!"

Hang in there HTFB.

Meanwhile....
    Tens of thousands of prison and jail inmates, including convicted serial killers and notorious inmates like Scott Peterson, have carried out what prosecutors described Tuesday as possibly the largest fraud scheme in California history.

The alleged crimes, which center on pandemic unemployment benefits, could total as much as $1 billion, Sacramento County District Attorney Anne Marie Schubert said.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Nope.
    Covid is good for MRSA. It's usually spread from patient to patient by doctors and nurses not washing hands. With everyone washing, wearing gloves and isolation gowns I expect there will be a lot less MRSA, vancomycin resistant enterococcus, claustridium dificile and the like.
    During the first surge a lot of hospitals stopped doing contact isolation for colonized MRSA/VRE to conserve gowns. Cdiff and CRE obviously still got gowns.

Looking at data, Cdiff is up.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Again, as I wrote before, my sister’s city in China took temperatures coming and going from everywhere, markets, apartment buildings, factories, offices. If you did anything but stay at home you were being screened.

That’s how they beat it.

We could choose to do this, if “we” weren’t 40% retarded....and actually, speaking of the retarded, I don’t even mean retarded, because I’d rather be around 10 mentally retarded people right now than 1 MAGA anti-masker, because the developmentally-disabled people I see all the time just wear their mask and wash their hands because they’re not on some bizarre death-cult mission to prove their fealty to facebook and AM radio. .

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Again, as I wrote before, my sister’s city in China took temperatures coming and going from everywhere, markets, apartment buildings, factories, offices. If you did anything but stay at home you were being screened.

That’s how they beat it.

We could choose to do this, if “we” weren’t 40% retarded....and actually, speaking of the retarded, I don’t even mean retarded, because I’d rather be around 10 mentally retarded people right now than 1 MAGA anti-masker, because the developmentally-disabled people I see all the time just wear their mask and wash their hands because they’re not on some bizarre death-cult mission to prove their fealty to facebook and AM radio. .
    Here's a real life scenario on why temp scanning isn't effective:

I am on my last day of isolation for actually having the virus. I had a high temperature for about 3 hours on day two of symptoms. But according to science I was "Shedding" and able to infect other people for 14 days. Also, my normal temp runs pretty low, like 97ºF so for me to be in the 99-100 range that a scanner would be looking for, I would have a long way to go before I would set off alarm bells.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    For those wondering how China knocked their cases down to near nothing and "WhY CAn'T WE dO tHe SaME?!", check this out. Apparently an airline worker tested positive, so they attempted to round everyone in the massive Shanghai airport up and lead them to the basement for what people were fearing would be forced quarantine. Watch this and tell me Americans would put up with this. Even the Chinese are like "uhh, NOPE!"

I'm very confident that didn't happen in SK or Japan. News flash ... the world isn't black and white.

Any particular measure, like temp scanning, doesn’t need to be 100% perfect in order to mitigate a pandemic.

Meanwhile....

A rushed cull of Denmark’s minks owing to concerns about a coronavirus mutation has left the country facing a further horror, as bodies of the animals re-emerge from the earth

The carcasses rose to the surface because of pressure from gases released by the decomposition, according to local police.

The environment ministry said mink should be covered by at least 150cm (5ft) of earth. However, they were only buried under 100cm in the field outside Holstebro

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    News flash ... the world isn't black and white.
    Yeah I sound like a broken record pointing out the False Binaries around here....