Page 1029 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 ... LastLast
Results 25,701 to 25,725 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    he and viva took a vaccine from someone they are close with thats developing. I suspect they are part of a trail. Splat talks about Moderna being the frontrunner.

I say he's a brave man.
    Is it customary to pay shitloads to get a vaccine if you're part of a trial? Seems strange...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Is it customary to pay shitloads to get a vaccine if you're part of a trial? Seems strange...
    No. Clinical trial participants almost NEVER have to pay to participate, travel costs notwithstanding. So I'll ask again Splat ... what the hell are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I say he's a brave man.
    When you're rolling in CBD splooge bucks you can afford to play it fast 'n' loose.

Some dude is offering up vaccine at $1K/dose? That's just a wee bit of a mark up, Shkrelivirus?
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Some dude is offering up vaccine at $1K/dose? That's just a wee bit of a mark up, Shkrelivirus?
    Errr .... what "vaccine" are we even talking about?

Considering he's given up a good job to bypass the trials and travels the nation vaccinating people and giving them boosters, it's probably an average of 10 days, 6-8 flights, 3 or 4 hotels and 3 or 4 rental cars per person he vaccinates, so I think it's fair. Everyone always overvalues their own worth and tends to devalue the work of others.

I guess if he was BigPharma and could mass produce 200 million doses, there would be some economy of scale.

How much do you make in two weeks, mofro?

It's an Adenovirus vectored Spike vaccine?
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Considering he's given up a good job to bypass the trials and travels the nation vaccinating people and giving them boosters, it's probably an average of 10 days, 6-8 flights, 3 or 4 hotels and 3 or 4 rental cars per person he vaccinates, so I think it's fair. Everyone always overvalues their own worth and tends to devalue the work of others.

I guess if he was BigPharma and could mass produce 200 million doses, there would be some economy of scale.

How much do you make in two weeks, mofro?
    What in the actual fuck? Is he cooking this up in his garage? Reminds me of this which is downright bonkers when you consider you can reduce your risk ostensibly better with just a piece of cloth over your face.

https://www.technologyreview.com/202...virus-vaccine/

It's an Adenovirus vectored Spike vaccine?
    Sounds more like

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    What in the actual fuck? Is he cooking this up in his garage? Reminds me of this which is downright bonkers when you consider you can reduce your risk ostensibly better with just a piece of cloth over your face.

Yeah the plot thickens a bit. I know little about actual trails. I did wonder about the payment though. Seemed odd.

Seems like a cool way to fly around, make some bank giving people who knows what.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Sounds more like

X2

I recently heard a podcast about food additive test subjects who volunteered to eat high doses to see if it would have any bad effects. At MIT back in the day.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post

Autism is a helluva condition.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

There will come a time when whipping up a batch of vaccine at home will be as easy as 3-D printing a safe bike helmet. I don’t think we are there yet for either.

Ya, no

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    There will come a time when whipping up a batch of vaccine at home will be as easy as 3-D printing a safe bike helmet. I don’t think we are there yet for either.
    Will the helmets cost $3k to trial?

Will the helmets cost $3k to trial?
    Trials are free. Trails are $3k

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

How much would it cost for 3 days of a plumber's time plus supplies. If someone has made a vaccine and has to travel 3 times to see me to deliver it 3k seems like a totally reasonable price. I'm not saying that's what's going on here or that this is legit - only arguing that 3k seems totally within reason.

Lmao at all the responses. I could give a fuck what anybody thinks. Because the guy also vaccinates people who can't afford to pay, I was covered by a donation Viva made to the cause. Mofro - I have no idea what it is other tham fragments of the spike protein to trigger a response that produces the B and T cells and antibodies. Dude is in Seattle and things he's sent me have come from a lab. He's currently working on a nasal spray booster. After the second booster, he provides and elisa assay to show it's presence. Since Viva is a Ph.D. in this shit, I believe, he could answer better than I but if things are douchey, he probably won't bother. I don't blame him. So, carry on.

Thanks for understanding the costs associated with doing this, bennymac. I believe I've been exposed a couple times and am motherfukking grateful to have done it. And I'm beholden to Viva for him making it possible for me to get it.

And i thought the Russians were crazy to release the vaccine without a lot of testing.

But Splat takes it to whole another level.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    How much would it cost for 3 days of a plumber's time plus supplies. If someone has made a vaccine and has to travel 3 times to see me to deliver it 3k seems like a totally reasonable price. I'm not saying that's what's going on here or that this is legit - only arguing that 3k seems totally within reason.
    Splat would probably have been better off getting injected by a plumber.

How much is the spray going to cost?

Viva got some splaining to do ... if he wants. But this is some seriously dubious shit. Seriously.

Splat would probably have been better off getting injected by a plumber.
    And is Liquid Plumber better than bleach?

It's so hard to keep up with the science on this one.

GODFUCKINGDAMMIT! I had no intention of returning to this ridiculous thread, but a certain Maggette (Mmmmm…miss ya, Babe) notified me via PM that my name just came up here.

As I mentioned in other Padded Room threads, I was vaccinated (and boosted [2X]) against Chairman Xi's Chinese Communist Party Bat-Shit Virus. This bitch was identified as a SARS variant early on. So, the obvious question then was: Did it also use the Type II ACE receptor to enter certain cells? That answer was “Yes”, and vaccine design was pretty simple if selecting the easiest choice forward. It had already been already demonstrated convincingly that antisera raised against the SARS-1 spike protein (peplomer) neutralized that virus in animal models (targeted immune response!), and also human (Takeda?), I recall that some company had initiated early-stage clinical trials a long time ago, but then stopped when the original SARS scare crapped-out.

The corona virus spike protein is a well-characterized structure and it can be successfully targeted with antibodies because people who recover from corona virus infection produced a nice polyclonal response to the spike protein. More, antisera containing these antibodies works well in other people to either treat or keep them safe (passive immunization). A lot of what's know about SARS-2 comes from our knowledge of SARS-1. Just needed to determine whether or not SARS-2 also uses the ACE2 receptor to infect cells. It does (vide supra). So antibodies against this this target are safe and can neutralize if used in a polyclonal fashion.

Look up my earlier posts on this matter if you desire additional learning.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    And is Liquid Plumber better than bleach?

It's so hard to keep up with the science on this one.
    The trails are still being done.

Apparently.