Page 1137 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 ... LastLast
Results 28,401 to 28,425 of 41810
    There have only been two or three times I thought I was going to die. An abrupt, unannounced go around was one of those.

Yeah, when you have some altitude you can do a "gentleman's" go around, but the closer to the ground you get, the more aggressive it has to be.

The chances of it being announced beforehand are close to zero. There's an old adage in flying: aviate, navigate, communicate. The implication being that you adhere to that priority, and don't move to the next task until the parameters of the previous task have been met.

Fluctuate, prevaricate, mediate.

These words are fun!

Bloviate, pontificate, orchestrate

Masturbate.

Surprised I was first.

Well you're the oldest, of course you were first.

kidding, kidding

Bing. Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. From the flight deck, this is your captain speaking. The time is 12:00 PM and we are on final approach. We should have a great view coming in where the weather is clear, sunny, and 74. But, within next 5 minutes I'm going to push the throttle to 11 and the first officer will simultaneously pull the plane's yoke harder than a 1991 Paul Reubens. We know you have a lot of choices. Thanks for flying with us. Bing.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Well you're the oldest, of course you were first.
    You have it backwards, I’m usually last because of my age.

I remember reading a long time ago that fucking after 50 is like wearing two socks on your dick. Not too far off.

flatulate

A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

The study estimated that to receive an infectious dose, a passenger would need to fly 54 hours on a plane with an infectious person.
    So, about 4 coast-to-coast roundtrips. Sign me up!

I had the same thing happen in SeaTac. I swear back wheels on the ground and then back up! We had a brief moment where the damn thing stalled in the climb. Never been so scared....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    There have only been two or three times I thought I was going to die. An abrupt, unannounced go around was one of those.

Most terrifying moment on a plane for me was an overnight to Europe. Dark plane, most asleep, and I see moment in the corner of my eye. I look over and this guy on the other side of the row is furiously jerking off under a blanket 🤮

Back to covid.....

I just don't get it. There is a super spreader event at the white house and everyone walks away better than if they had a common cold.

You'd never even know the president had it and yet people die. It does make you wonder if it's not as bad as reported.

So confusing.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

He certainly looks damn good for a 74 year old overweight man who was in the hospital a week ago. Supposedly.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Watching Meet the Press....MI governor said if you want life to get back to normal (schools open, jobs, have a life, etc.)..vote for Joe Biden.

Amazing advice....
    Last edited by BC.; 10-18-2020 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Watching Meet the Press....MI governor said if you want life to get back to normal (schools open, jobs, have a life, etc.)..vote for Joe Biden.

Amazing advice....
    Wow. So all we need to do is vote for Biden huh?

Looking forward to stop wearing my masks November 4th.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Back to covid.....

I just don't get it. There is a super spreader event at the white house and everyone walks away better than if they had a common cold.

You'd never even know the president had it and yet people die. It does make you wonder if it's not as bad as reported.

So confusing.
    No, it makes me think that Regenron cocktail might work well and needs to be scaled up quickly, which I know is hard.

Or he and his jokers faked the whole thing in desperation to get votes and it backfired.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    I see you want more information on the Swedish approach. Here are some more quotes from the NYTimes:

“Today, all of the European countries are more or less following the Swedish model, combined with the testing, tracing and quarantine procedures the Germans have introduced, but none will admit it,” said Antoine Flahault, director of the Institute of Global Health, in Geneva. “Instead, they made a caricature out of the Swedish strategy. Almost everyone has called it inhumane and a failure.”

[In Sweden] gatherings of more than 50 people were banned, museums closed and sporting events canceled. But that was the extent of the measures, with officials saying they would trust in the good sense of Swedes to keep their distance and wash their hands.

Mr. Flahault lauded Sweden’s government for that part of its approach. “The Swedes went into self-lockdown,” he said. “They trusted in their people to self-apply social distancing measures without punishing them.”

“We are happy that the number of cases is going down rapidly and we do believe immunity in the population has something to do with that,” Mr. Tegnell said, “and we hope that the immunity in the population will help us get thought this fall with cases at a low level.”

Some experts believe Sweden is now almost fully in control of the virus.

“There are indications that the Swedes have gained an element of immunity to the disease, which, together with everything else they are doing to prevent the infection from spreading, is enough to keep the disease down,” Kim Sneppen, professor of biocomplexity at the Niels Bohr Institute in Copenhagen, said in an interview.

He stressed that the country could have avoided the high death toll in the beginning, but said that Sweden had regained control from mid-April, when deaths declined steadily.

While the Swedes are far from having achieved herd immunity, he said, “we can conclude that their social distancing rules have proven essential.”

Swedish officials have been right to worry about “sustainability.” Strict lockdowns bring their own steep costs for society. With a vaccine at least months away, societies probably need to grapple with how to restart activities while minimizing risk.

Sweden’s leaders do not seem to have found the ideal strategy, but they are asking a reasonable question. “We see a disease that we’re going to have to handle for a long time,” Anders Tegnell, Sweden’s top epidemiologist, “and we need to build up systems for doing that.”

The fact that Sweden is no longer an extreme outlier in new virus cases — even as life there looks more normal than in most places — offers a new opportunity to assess risk.

https://nyti.ms/3cFCOlD
    ...or...

The Swedish COVID-19 Response Is a Disaster. It Shouldn’t Be a Model for the Rest of the World
    https://time.com/5899432/sweden-coronovirus-disaster/

Back to covid.....

So confusing.
    As he should, the POTUS gets the best medical attention in the world. Forget for a moment that the 43rd worst POTUS in history is in the WH, the POTUS looks venerable and weak if they're sick, and in these times having a strong POTUS is critical.

But in reality, it made Cinnamon Hitler seem to have superpowers...that's the drugs talking, but it make for powerful propaganda for his sheeple

A friend who has a type of blood cancer takes dexamethasone after his chemo treatment, says he's jacked to the moon off of just 4mg, for over 2 days

Long covid study of those at “low risk”

"In a young, low-risk population with ongoing symptoms, almost 70% of individuals have impairment in one or more organs four months after initial symptoms of SARS-CoV-2 infection. There are implications not only for burden of long COVID but also public health approaches which have assumed low risk in young people with no comorbidities."

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...XuxFB5jYyv5eKE

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Bing. Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. From the flight deck, this is your captain speaking. The time is 12:00 PM and we are on final approach. We should have a great view coming in where the weather is clear, sunny, and 74. But, within next 5 minutes I'm going to push the throttle to 11 and the first officer will simultaneously pull the plane's yoke harder than a 1991 Paul Reubens. We know you have a lot of choices. Thanks for flying with us. Bing.
    Reads post, takes sip of coffee...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PRcoaster.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	413.9 KB 
ID:	343920

According to Nature using data from August, "For every 1,000 people in their mid-seventies or older who are infected, around 116 will die.”

https://www.vox.com/2020/10/2/214983...9-risk-factors

It was always very, very, unlikely Trump would die from Covid regardless of who his doctors were or what drugs they gave him.

Back to covid.....

So confusing.
    Chris Christie was in the ICU for a week. The White House makes us want to think it was no big deal, but do we really know what any of these people really went through? It was all behind closed doors and intentionally obfuscated.