Page 960 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 ... LastLast
Results 23,976 to 24,000 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    You must be blind too. He is clearly yucking it up with the guy next to him with both hands on his cell phone. No water bottle in hand. At work, I have to drink water too. I only pull down the mask when water bottle is in hand and going to my mouth AND when I'm not next to someone else. Take drink, mask back on. Also, there's no sitting next to each other allowed either. It's all protocol at work per CDC guidelines, so why not for Dr. Fauci? Also, why aren't all three of those people 6' apart. Hmm?!

He can make all the dumb excuses he wants, but when he is the freaking head of it all, you'd think he'd be trying harder to set an example. It's a party foul, so no need to defend it. He should've been masked 100% of the time except when the bottle was actively going to his lips. Should've been separated from those around him. Or is it "Do as I say, not as I do"?
    You can bet there was a photographer just waiting for him to pull his mask down to give ammo to people like you. At least Fauci has been consistently advocating for wearing masks, unlike many so-called "leaders."

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    He can make all the dumb excuses he wants, but when he is the freaking head of it all, you'd think he'd be trying harder to set an example. It's a party foul, so no need to defend it.
    Points for honesty. The White House nuthouse isn't, in reality, the head of it all even though a different administration would have done far more. The current Commander in Chief is just not capable of doing those things.

Seriously - complaining about Fauci and his mask protocol in that situation just makes you look like a complete twat. Just sayin'...

Fauci committed an error. He knew he'd be on record, and he set a bad example. Own it and move on.

People from different households getting together is spreading Covid. The virus spreads when it comes close enough to an uninfected host. It's simple.

Northern California beat down daily new cases from a peak in early April. New cases stayed lower for a month, then resumed growth. Daily new cases are now much higher than that peak.

Southern California has never decreased daily new cases, and has no peak.

However you count waves, California is getting soaked. Surf's up.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Fauci committed an error. He knew he'd be on record, and he set a bad example. Own it and move on.

People from different households getting together is spreading Covid. The virus spreads when it comes close enough to an uninfected host. It's simple.
    Is it even an error? should he have stood up, walked away 6 feet to take a drink of water when he's sitting next to two people who he knows have tested negative for the virus before going to the game? I guess just from an optics standpoint so that folks like Montucky won't berate him for it, maybe...but was there a need to do so given the context?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Re both the population density thing and the hcq thing--you cannot judge the validity of scientific papers, data, and research based on reading press releases, news articles and blogs. You have to go to the original papers in peer reviewed journals. It is not unusual for secondary reports of research to exaggerate, misinterpret or completely misrepresent what was published in the original paper.

I read and reread the news release about population density and can't make sense of it without seeing the actual data, which unfortunately you need a subscription to read. You'd need to see a list of the counties and their infection and death rates to get an idea of what other conclusions besides the authors' could have been drawn. BTW NYC consists of 5 counties--each borough is a separate country. What do you do with something like that when NYC was the single hottest hot spot?

Re HCQ--here's a randomized controlled study on hospitalized patients--on no oxygen or no more than 4 LPM. No benefit of HCQ
    https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2019014 published July 23

Here's a recently published meta analysis of prosprective controlled studies https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32468425/

And another https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32297988/ ". No difference was observed in virological cure (OR, 2.37, 95% CI, 0.13-44.53), death or clinical worsening of disease (OR, 1.37, 95% CI, 1.37-21.97), and safety (OR, 2.19, 95% CI, 0.59-8.18), when compared with the control/conventional treatment. "

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    The president retweeted criticism of the infectious diseases expert for urging caution on drugs like hydroxychloroquine, which Trump resumed promoting.
    Thanks for that. Learning that POTUS and RT are still on the same page is starting to have a nice calming effect. It's good to know that some things can be relied on, even in 2020.

Note for skougar: since there's a cure, You don't need a mask--on an unrelated note, please save the hazmat suits for Putin. Sure, it sucks, but just try to remain calm for now, he'll make it up to you next year with a whole moob calendar.

The notion that Fauci is the problem is laughable at best. Let's just ignore stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Seriously - complaining about Fauci and his mask protocol in that situation just makes you look like a complete twat. Just sayin'...
    Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    The notion that Fauci is the problem is laughable at best. Let's just ignore stupid.
    yep
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Who is SkiNebraski? I assume it's someone who changed their name recently, but I can't determine who he used to be here.
    Someone sent from far away to piss seano732 off by posting newsweek links.

I didn't change my name, I got tired of twitter and thought some rational people would be here. Mostly are and it's nice to occasionally challenge the hive narrative.

This is crazy but it actually has some solid science behind it. If you remember "The Dress" some saw it as black and royal blue, or white and gold. Apparently if you saw it as white and gold you are almost guaranteed non-symptomatic. White and Gooooold FTW!!

https://youtu.be/ub82Xb1C8os
    Hello darkness my old friend

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Hanging on to hope with one fingernail. What is happening? Why is the president and his family suddenly doubling down on disproven and dangerous ideas about fighting this virus? The light at the end of the tunnel is gone and a landslide has blocked the only way out. We are now in the uneviable position of having to dig our way out. So spent. So very sad and spent.

Fauci Responds To Trump Tweet Accusing Him Of Misleading The Public

The president retweeted criticism of the infectious diseases expert for urging caution on drugs like hydroxychloroquine, which Trump resumed promoting.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s leading expert on infectious diseases, on Tuesday denied misleading the public “under any circumstances” after President Donald Trump retweeted a claim that he had done so.

Fauci, appearing on ABC’s “Good Morning America,” was confronted with Trump’s apparent endorsement of criticism of his failure to endorse the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine as a coronavirus treatment. Trump has repeatedly touted the drug ― and claimed to be taking it himself ― although studies suggest it is ineffective and has potentially serious side effects.

“Dr. Fauci has misled the American public on many issues, but in particular, on dismissing #hydroxychloroquine and calling Remdesivir the new gold standard,” the tweet read. Remdesivir, an anti-viral drug, has shown effectiveness in studies of some coronavirus patients.

“I have not been misleading the American public under any circumstances,” Fauci declared on ABC.

When asked if he can continue to do his job as his credibility is being demeaned by the president, Fauci answered: “I don’t really want to go there. I just will continue to do my job no matter what comes out because I think that it’s very important. We’re in the middle of a crisis. With regard to an epidemic, a pandemic, this is what I do, this is what I’ve been trained for my entire professional life and I’ll continue to do it.”

Trump has long backed hydroxychloroquine as a potential cure and prevention for the coronavirus. He retweeted a video endorsing the drug Monday night in the same Twitter spree in which he attacked Fauci.

The video was later removed by Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. Facebook said it violated rules against “false information about cures and treatments for COVID-19.”

Fauci, a member of the White House coronavirus task force, has often contradicted Trump’s pronouncements during the pandemic. The scientist has urged face masks and social distancing, and has cautioned against reopening the economy before the pandemic is under control. Trump until recently refused to wear a face mask, pressed states and schools to reopen, and held indoor campaign rallies.

Trump last week said Fauci is “a little bit of an alarmist” and accused him of making mistakes earlier in the pandemic, before much was known about the virus. The president also has said he likes Fauci personally.
    Is this working? Is Trump convincing people that drug is effective? Has somebody surveyed this? What the fuck? Does he or his family have a financial interest in selling this drug? Bolsonaro is doing the same. He's really into it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    It's so sad, yet fascinating. Some day they will figure out exactly what's going on in these cases.
    The only thing I can compare it to is polio. Some got hit hard, some a little, but all, long term damage.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiNebraski View Post
    it's nice to occasionally challenge the hive narrative.
    Your earlier post seems to indicate a misunderstanding of the narrative in this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by SkiNebraski View Post
    I know everyone thinks the world is ending but this is pretty neat. https://www.sbpdiscovery.org/news/na...treat-covid-19
    While the list of things that might help isn't really conclusive, it is hopeful and the sheer size of the list of things that are coming (and have arrived) to change the severity of this disease is actually the main reason people in this thread urge actions to reduce spread. Some of the things listed are going to work and in the future this will be less dire. So it's like knowing a war is about to end: don't be the last one killed. Put on a damn mask, etc. Not because the world is ending but because it (probably) isn't, and getting sick in the meantime helps no one.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Is this working? Is Trump convincing people that drug is effective? Has somebody surveyed this? What the fuck? Does he or his family have a financial interest in selling this drug? Bolsonaro is doing the same. He's really into it, too.
    there's no patent on it, so I don't see how he has a financial interest. I think he is just grasping at straws, because he so desperately wants this problem to go away, and he wants credit for it going away.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    While the list of things that might help isn't really conclusive, it is hopeful and the sheer size of the list of things that are coming (and have arrived) to change the severity of this disease is actually the main reason people in this thread urge actions to reduce spread. Some of the things listed are going to work and in the future this will be less dire. So it's like knowing a war is about to end: don't be the last one killed. Put on a damn mask, etc. Not because the world is ending but because it (probably) isn't, and getting sick in the meantime helps no one.
    Yep. There's this notion that some people spread basically saying "we're all going to get it so why are you living in fear"? When the reality is that assuming we never get a vaccine and do, in fact, "all get it", getting it later rather than sooner is still FAR preferable. Because we will get better and better at treating it and identifying all of the secondary conditions.

One of the doctors in the video Trump was retweeting also believe that ovarian warts and endometriosis are caused by having sex with witches and demons while asleep.
    Seriously...

Oh yea, Donnie Jr got a Twitter timeout for posting this vid. Something about posting bullshit...

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Is it even an error? should he have stood up, walked away 6 feet to take a drink of water when he's sitting next to two people who he knows have tested negative for the virus before going to the game? I guess just from an optics standpoint so that folks like Montucky won't berate him for it, maybe...but was there a need to do so given the context?
    They are sitting too close, mask or no. Although, I suppose many states/counties/cities allow dining together, and/or small group gatherings. In that sense, no error. And even though I'd class it an error, it's a human mistake, and in no way diminishes his stature as a health expert.

IMHO, the virus cannot tell a large group from a small group. In either case it will spread, and it is currently spreading too much. Any reasonable effort to stay away from each other seems the wise course of action. If all three of them live together, I'll give him a pass. Still a missed opportunity for good optics.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    One of the doctors in the video Trump was retweeting also believe that ovarian warts and endometriosis are caused by having sex with witches and demons while asleep.
    Seriously...
    I'm down with Dr. Immanuel's assertion that lizard people run the government. Maybe she's here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... but is all out of bubblegum.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    They are sitting too close, mask or no. Although, I suppose many states/counties/cities allow dining together, and/or small group gatherings. In that sense, no error. And even though I'd class it an error, it's a human mistake, and in no way diminishes his stature as a health expert.

IMHO, the virus cannot tell a large group from a small group. In either case it will spread, and it is currently spreading too much. Any reasonable effort to stay away from each other seems the wise course of action. If all three of them live together, I'll give him a pass. Still a missed opportunity for good optics.
    Optics are one thing, but better yet we should transition to an adult conversation by acknowledging that it's not about dogma, it's about what makes sense.

BTW, smaller groups have a smaller chance of containing an infected person as well as a smaller risk if one is present. We don't stick close in avy terrain for similar reasons.

Everybody is allowed to take off their mask when dining out so they can eat and drink. Stop trying to argue that he 'made a mistake'. The photogs were obviously waiting for that 'gotcha' moment. He's the better judge more than anybody to decide when it's safe to pull his mask down. He's obviously close to those ppl. Some of you idiots will stop at nothing and lack all common freaking sense. F'n redic this is even a point of conversation.

My local pub closed due to a server testing positive.

All were bitching about masks, so another chicken coming home to roost.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

in case anyone still thinks masks don't work

The only thing I can compare it to is polio. Some got hit hard, some a little, but all, long term damage.
    Small children were more likely to have non paralytic polio or asymptomatic infection. I had non paralytic polio.