Page 675 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 ... LastLast
Results 16,851 to 16,875 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post

You THINK pneumonia is something DIFFERENT than COVID.

It isn't.

Pneumonia is disease of the lungs tissue. It is the primary way through which COVID causes respiratory failure and death.
    Exactly. His argument makes about as much sense as: "how come everyone is terrified of being gunned down by a deranged psycho armed to the teeth, but they aren't worried about being murdered?"

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Wait, aren't most people who are dying from COVID-19 dying as the result of pneumonia? Of course people should be scared of pneumonia. Especially pneumonia caused by something virulent like coronavirus.
    No, about 1/3 of the cases have both.
    Hello darkness my old friend

Or comparing the staggering number of people who die from blood loss as a cause of death to the people who die from gun shot wounds. Crazy stats.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    No, about 1/3 of the cases have both.
    Pretty sure those are the ones who are dying...

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    They have a right to protest, but are not right to protest...big difference. See sig below.
    So with your logic, if you don’t agree with the protester it’s wrong?

I think protesting inherently has opposition. And you are wrong everyone has the right to protest.

I think protesting inherently has opposition. And you are wrong everyone has the right to protest.
    It's ok to say "my bad, I was wrong" once in a while. Try it.

Some things should be protested, some things should not. Intelligent people can make the distinction, but many people can not. Idiots likes these can protest, but they are still idiots.

Sure, it is a matter of opinion, but some opinions are well thought out and rational, and yours is not.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Those "tools" are impeding my right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. - Decl Independence

They are also interfering with promotion of the general welfare. - Constitution, opening paragraph

I didn't watch "those people," but depending on their actions, they aren't helping domestic tranquility either. However, so long as they follow lawful health orders and other laws, they are welcome to protest, file lawsuits, petition, etc. I do hope they'll first spend some time reading up on epidemics.

Our health officers are responding to many people's 1st Amendment rights to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. Normally, I'm a sheep, but I made 3 petitions myself, all requesting lockdown to prevent avoidable disease and death.
    You act as if forming a group greater than 10 somehow causes widespread death. It’s such a leap in logic.

I have not heard one person on this forum mention the millions of super hard working Americans that area going to lose everything. The business owners that employ millions of people that are going to lose it all. My coworkers friend that killed himself yesterday because he lost his business.

Talk to old people about this, they understand civic duty and very few of them agree with the lockdown.

This is fucking tragedy to hardworking people that make this country and you want to pat yourself on the back??

You are a really great person you should honored.

I have not heard one person on this forum mention the millions of super hard working Americans that area going to lose everything.
    Then I don't think you've been paying much attention to this thread.

Pretty sure everyone realizes this sucks all the way around.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Also, suicide is not that simple. Sorry for your friend’s loss.

Nevada county just lost one of its high school basketball head coaches from covid.

You act as if forming a group greater than 10 somehow causes widespread death. It’s such a leap in logic.

I have not heard one person on this forum mention the millions of super hard working Americans that area going to lose everything. The business owners that employ millions of people that are going to lose it all. My coworkers friend that killed himself yesterday because he lost his business.

Talk to old people about this, they understand civic duty and very few of them agree with the lockdown.

This is fucking tragedy to hardworking people that make this country and you want to pat yourself on the back??

This is stupid. Old people by and large agree with the lockdown. They have made their money. They can lock down with no negative consequences basically. Trump is losing old people over his lack of concern for their plight. You have this exactly backwards.

80% of the population does not feel comfortable going back to dine in restaurants right now. That is my business. We open them up, but nobody goes, or not enough people go to make it work. Meanwhile Covid spreads among people that do go and then we are double fucked. Why is this so hard to understand?

We have answered emails from club soccer, gymnastics, and summer camp about our willingness to participate should they reopen at the end of the month. Our answer is we will not send out daughter to any of these things if we don't see infection rates go down. What will restart the economy is making it safe for people to participate in the economy. Jumping the gun on restarting will not accomplish that. But since the mouthbreathers seem to be winning this battle, we'll get to see the devastating results first hand soon enough.

Everyone has a right to protest but let's not pretend the protests are organic. The protesters are being used to cover up the fact that there is no Trump Government strategy to safely open things back up.

There are a number of national strategies that would allow the economy to reopen while also saving lives. Instead, the administration has chosen gaslighting as the plan. Abdicating to the governors, manufacturing confusion, blaming China, and calling on Trump supporters to protest is part of an all-out blitz to make people believe several thousand Americans dying every day from a new disease is normal—all meant to cover up the complete failure of leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    What will restart the economy is making it safe for people to participate in the economy. Jumping the gun on restarting will not accomplish that. But since the mouthbreathers seem to be winning this battle, we'll get to see the devastating results first hand soon enough.
    Well said. It's not like the governors who are being deliberate are just trying to be dicks. They realize if they jump the gun there could be dire consequences.

We must know different old people. Look at the age of the protesters in the video.

Did you guys miss the part where the scientist say 70% of the people will get it and that we have to reach heard immunity? You are not avoiding anything.

I know I’m coming off like a corona denier and believe me I am not. It’s bad and it sucks. I think this fear campaign is crazy over the top and why should we destroy our way of life to avoid the inevitable?

I really think people are just vying to be in the 30% that doesn’t ever get it. I’m youngish and healthy don’t I owe it to the 30% that isn’t?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

So yes, I'm an ass, I can't change that. But you don't have to be an idiot. You can choose to think more critically.
    well sure but yer American ... just sayin
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    well sure but yer American ... just sayin
    When is Whistler opening the bike park? Should I protest? Perhaps an appropriate Canadian protest sign: "I kind of would like to bike, please... sorry!"
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Did you guys miss the part where the scientist say 70% of the people will get it and that we have to reach heard immunity? You are not avoiding anything.
    The other way to achieve herd immunity is through vaccination. Personally I'd prefer that route if possible.

But it's all about control. You can drain a reservoir by blowing up a dam or letting the water flow through the spillways. Both achieve the same result of draining the reservoir, but the ways they get there are a little different to those living downstream.

We must know different old people. Look at the age of the protesters in the video.

I know I’m coming off like a corona denier and believe me I am not. It’s bad and it sucks. I think this fear campaign is crazy over the top and why should we destroy our way of life to avoid the inevitable?

I really think people are just vying to be in the 30% that doesn’t ever get it. I’m youngish and healthy don’t I owe it to the 30% that isn’t?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    was it over when the Germans bombed pearl harbour ?

obviuosly ... America needs a Toga party

I have to asume you are getting more baked as the night goes on because you just keep digging a deeper hole.

May I suggest you do the honorable thing and die to save others? One less person spreading the virus to others will help a small amount. While COVID is killing mostly older people, there are a hell of a lot of people getting very sick (and having potentially life long problems) or dying who are young or middle aged. Just look at all the health car workers.

This pandemic sucks for everybody, but if well all do what we can we can make it suck less for everybody, including those who want to get back to work. Some quality leadership on the national level who be fantastic, especially if it started 3 months ago, but that ship has sailed. Now the rest of us have to do the best we can in a bad situation.

How many dead people is okay to keep people in a job? Obviously 70,000 is not enough, maybe 150,000, a million? Getting a tattoo parlor open isn't worth 1/1,000 of that.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

When is Whistler opening the bike park? Should I protest? Perhaps an appropriate Canadian protest sign: "I kind of would like to bike, please... sorry!"
    actualy it is permissable to enter Canada but only to go to AK and if you do you are not allowed to do anything but stop for gas and drive the whole 3 days in one swell foop

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

Bluto
    Awesome

I have not heard one person on this forum mention the millions of super hard working Americans that area going to lose everything.
    The business owners that employ millions of people that are going to lose it all. My coworkers friend that killed himself yesterday because he lost his business.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...z-Support-2020

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...pression-kills

Someone said, "Bill Gates will keep us free from viruses."

I said, "You've obviously never owned a Windows 95 operating system."

I be like Bob Duval walking around on Charlie's beach in Apocalypse now and yes I'm pretty fucked up on a home brewed Fume blanc BUT last time I looked you / me / we got it pretty good, we got food to eat, yes the store is out of my favorite cave aged Gruyere but I digress, its not bad its not even anywhere close to bad,

money it comes and goes

is it really worth killing yourself over ?

so put the gun down

climb back in off the ledge

put the vacum cleaner hose back on the vaccum cleaner

Covid is brand new, they don't even know how it works so i would say the scientists don't know what will happen either we don't know where this is going, the rest of adventure will reveal itself BUT in the mean time

Do the 6 ft distancing thing wash your hands and play along

as nate the coach said in "the longest yard" the only thing they can't take is yer balls

I’ll see your doctor killing zombies, and raise you, scientist killing zombies.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...death-n1200896