Page 673 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 ... LastLast
Results 16,801 to 16,825 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    when we hit 100k dead sometime in the next week or two, will the GOP narrative finally shift from “it’s just the flu” to “hmm, maybe we should warn our people”?
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    If/when we hit 100k dead, will the GOP narrative finally shift from “it’s just the flu” to “hmm, maybe we should warn our people”?
    no, the narrative has changed to "the numbers are fake"

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Fuck you

Sideways

Fuck you
    Fuck you
    Fuck.
    See!

Careful, you're getting close to GGS Steep, Ripz territory

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    See!

Careful, you're getting close to GGS Steep, Ripz territory
    Bad man said a bad word. Ouch

Show me where on the doll he hurt you.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
    hilarious. the only line in that video is the line of mouth breathing sheep "protesting"
    brainwashed by fox and alex jones and their retarded orange leader
    they got in line just as commanded

you're so far up your own ass that the cognitive dissonance can't reach you through all the shit

fuck off and inject some bleach
    Ok genius, go do some research and tell me how many people have died of pneumonia vs Covid in the same time period.

You think believing in your rights is a Trump thing or an Alex Jones thing??? You should turn off CNN and learn how to read.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Hello darkness my old friend

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    Ok genius, go do some research and tell me how many people have died of pneumonia vs Covid in the same time period.
    What conclusions would we draw from this comparison?

You think believing in your rights is a Trump thing or an Alex Jones thing??? You should turn off CNN and learn how to read.
    No, I don't see anywhere where that is suggested. Most people believe in their rights. People are being critical of their poor discretion in how they protest and what they are protesting.

Muh rights. Muh freedoms.

(Sent to me)

Muh rights and muh freedoms for tacos on a holiday I have no idea what it’s for.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0C551BEF-8A6F-4B8B-B9CA-8073F68A6371.jpeg 
Views:	110 
Size:	146.9 KB 
ID:	327488

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    What conclusions would we draw from this comparison?

No, I don't see anywhere where that is suggested. Most people believe in their rights. People are being critical of their poor discretion in how they protest and what they are protesting.
    I think common people like us are not used to hearing about world wide death counts. So naturally hearing that hundreds of thousands of people dying of anything sounds scary and alarming. So for me to have perspective I need to compare it to something in kind.

Pneumonia:

It’s a respiratory illness that killed 2.56 million people in 2017
    A lot of kids under 5 years old.

Covid:

It’s a respiratory illness that killed under 1 million (just guessing) people in 2020
    A lot of old people and people with underlying conditions.

I hate all politicians, including Trump. My gripe is with the government. They do not have the right to do what they are doing. I am an American not ‘murican and if you think being patriotic is a bad thing, we are different people.

All of the things that are happening to stop the spread of Corona could be done with medical recommendations and suggestions not laws and orders. Kings give orders.

Now let’s say one restaurant says fuck it I’m not closing. The people could make a decision to either not go to or go to the restaurant.

See how that works? American free will! Imagine that, or do you need someone to make you do the right thing?

Btw they are going to start rationing meat, kinda sounds almost communist.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Do you think these guys would support the draft?

So the US is under attack from the Coronials - those fucking commie bastards. We need more brave warriors - does America bring back the draft?

Have to believe that they would be all for sending folks out to die against their will to protect the home front. and any one who didn’t agree is a dirty hippy!

...just don’t ask folks to stay in!

Weird folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    (Sent to me)

Muh rights and muh freedoms for tacos on a holiday I have no idea what it’s for.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0C551BEF-8A6F-4B8B-B9CA-8073F68A6371.jpeg 
Views:	110 
Size:	146.9 KB 
ID:	327488
    Seems like everybody's wearing masks at least.

There is much we don't know about Corvid like potential long term damage similar to rheumatic/scarlet fever. Extremely hard to compare this disease to known diseases at this point IMO.

There are several diseases that attack the kidneys but that doesn't make them comparable.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    saw a lot more masks when I went to town the other day.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    There is much we don't know about Corvid like potential long term damage similar to rheumatic/scarlet fever. Extremely hard to compare this disease to known diseases at this point IMO.

There are several diseases that attack the kidneys but that doesn't make them comparable.
    The point is simple. I have never once in my life worried about getting pneumonia yet comparatively it’s twice as deadly and it’s been around a long time.

People are scared shitless of Covid and not pneumonia? That’s strange to me, something is different.

In an effort to have an intelligent conversation on TGR, why is Covid so much scarier?

The point is simple. I have never once in my life worried about getting pneumonia yet comparatively it’s twice as deadly and it’s been around a long time.

People are scared shitless of Covid and not pneumonia? That’s strange to me, something is different.

In an effort to have an intelligent conversation on TGR, why is Covid so much scarier?

I've had pneumonia. I've had friends and family die from it. I am scared of pneumonia and never want it again. I'm scared of any disease that affects my ability to breath. I've seen people drown in their own lungs. It ain't pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Bad man said a bad word. Ouch

Show me where on the doll he hurt you.
    Your sarcasm meter is broke

I think common people like us are not used to hearing about world wide death counts. So naturally hearing that hundreds of thousands of people dying of anything sounds scary and alarming. So for me to have perspective I need to compare it to something in kind.

Pneumonia:

It’s a respiratory illness that killed 2.56 million people in 2017
    A lot of kids under 5 years old.

Covid:

It’s a respiratory illness that killed under 1 million (just guessing) people in 2020
    A lot of old people and people with underlying conditions.

I hate all politicians, including Trump. My gripe is with the government. They do not have the right to do what they are doing. I am an American not ‘murican and if you think being patriotic is a bad thing, we are different people.

All of the things that are happening to stop the spread of Corona could be done with medical recommendations and suggestions not laws and orders. Kings give orders.

Now let’s say one restaurant says fuck it I’m not closing. The people could make a decision to either not go to or go to the restaurant.

See how that works? American free will! Imagine that, or do you need someone to make you do the right thing?

Btw they are going to start rationing meat, kinda sounds almost communist.

By that logic we don't need OSHA ("people will choose not to work at unsafe employers"), the NTSB ("people won't buy cars that don't have seatbelts"), driver's licenses ("people have free will and can make good decisions about when they're ready to drive") or any other safety regulation. I think the learning is that people are asshats and will do stupid shit that's against the greater good, so sometimes government mandates are needed. If I thought this was part of an insidious plan to sunset the first amendment right to freedom of assembly, I would be out there protesting too, but that's not what's going on.

Look up SARS CoVid2
    Dummy

Both very strong points.

Go back to being scared sheeple.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    But few of them are wearing eye protection. If one's so scared of this virus that s/he resorts to mask wearing, then disposable gloves and eye protection ought to be pro forma.

Our press and politicians are pushing this, often with no real understanding of the situation (But "fuck it", everyone wants to appear as if they understand and are in control). Then the masses with no real understanding, e.g., most of the posters in this thread, use that information, regardless of its veracity, to craft reactions in an uninformed manner.

The important facts are simple to understand- while this is a highly contagious virus, it is very easy to defeat, both innately (in the vast majority of folks) and therapeutically.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    A lot of that money is spent because the docs don't have the balls to tell patients the truth. It's easier to put someone on chemo than to deal with the emotions of telling them it won't do any good and that they would be better off enjoying the time they have. And people have been brainwashed to believe they have to fight cancer to the bitter end. If the docs would just give them honest numbers a lot of people would say no.

I can't tell you how many times someone was sent to me to remove a lung lobe or whole lung for cancer and the patient had never been told they have cancer, just some vague "growth". Docs will say the patient isn't ready to hear the truth when in fact it's the doc that isn't ready.

A lot of this applies to Covid 19.

a nephrologist digs up a grave in order to give a corpse dialysis because "it might just work"... he pries off the lid and finds it empty other than a note from the oncologist saying "back soon..gone for chemo.
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

So what’s up with this 6 foot bullshit anyway. Who came up with that one? Like yeah right, everything magically drops out of the air at precisely 6 feet or less.

T
    We're not scared when we take precautions about things. We take precautions all the time. Seat belts, rubbers, avie transceivers, and on.

The problem with this virus is that we really understand very little about it. It is reasonable to take precaution, even relatively extreme precaution because not doing so might infect a lot more people.

The pneumonia argument is poorly formed.

The facts are that for US adults, pneumonia is the most common cause of hospital admissions other than women giving birth. About 1 million adults in the US seek care in a hospital due to pneumonia every year, and 50,000 die from this disease.

Already, within 5 months, 71,000 people have died of COVID-19 complications.

Feel free to convey something intelligent.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I can't tell you how many times someone was sent to me to remove a lung lobe or whole lung for cancer and the patient had never been told they have cancer, just some vague "growth". Docs will say the patient isn't ready to hear the truth when in fact it's the doc that isn't ready.
    I digress here, but my daughter's maternal grandmother passed away from gastric cancer a week and a half ago. Jr.'s aunts and uncle authorized chemo beforehand, even though granny was very close to death, and never told her. They couldn't give their mother the opportunity to decide how she wanted to live her final days. I don't know what the grandmother's mental state was, though. Perhaps decision-making was beyond her by that time, Still, a lot of inter-familial strife was going on that final couple of months, from what I've heard. Other than her mom and one wack-job cousin, I'm relieved that I never met the rest of that family.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Also ballsy as fuck. Never know whose screw has been working loose that finally pops. We have a lot here in the old USA
    Only one person with a screw loose..... The guy shooting the video