Page 1377 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 ... LastLast
Results 34,401 to 34,425 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Monfuckey, pawning himself everyday.
    Heh. When I saw his post I thought, here we go - looks like this thread’s favorite piñata setting himself up again. I was not disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Austin, quick question. Exactly how do you propose we "Shut down the border"? You will admit that being an island is an advantage, no?
    That's LITERALLY what I've been trying to say when people try to compare us to said islands. Many of you mocking our country's results being like "We're #1, We're #1!" whilst praising countries like Australia and Iceland also whilst saying the border situation's NBD.

Now, while we obviously are not surrounded by water, we could at least START by tightening up controls. Why can't we have mandatory 2 week quarantine periods like most other more successful countries, regardless of country of origin or situation?

Oh, and piss off with the racist accusations. You don't know me. Love how you say this while you live in one of the whitest, richest parts of the entire country, about as far away from the reality as physically possible. Come spend a day with me down at the border. You need your eyes opened on a variety of fronts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Team View Post
    Austin, please knock it off with the politically charged covid talk. If you want to talk about the illegal immigrants bringing in the covids, there's a thread in PoliAss or you can start a new one.
    Sorry, mod team. Just thought it was pretty relevant with everyone freaking out about the new P.1 variant, but ok. I'll knock it off.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

“Variant that forced B.C. ski resort shut is rapidly spreading, sending more young people to hospital”

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...rapidly-in-bc/

Kinda like in Chile. The effectiveness of the vaccines on the Brazilian variant are being studied, but wow is it infectious.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Sorry, mod team. Just thought it was pretty relevant with everyone freaking out about the new P.1 variant, but ok. I'll knock it off.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I'm truly curious if you notice that you concentrate on these types of things (i.e., COVID-19 spreading from people entering the country at the southern border) rather than even batting an eye at something like the Texas Rangers game the other day? I'm sure there's a Texas variant that could be a concern, so it should be equally disturbing to you to see something like that from a COVID-19 perspective.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Nevada County, CA, just issued a press release about a documented re-infection. The second infection was via one of the CA variants, B.1.429:
    https://yubanet.com/regional/b-1-429...nevada-county/

Benny for the MFW......Outstanding.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

ok, back to covid...

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    my high school friend's facebook posts state "anyone vaccinated has had their immune system knocked out. This is leading to the increase in variants. When non-vaccinated people get infected with a variant it's because of the vaccinated people..."
    I've been pondering this, and give it a solid D minus. It's like he saw an M.C. Escher drawing yet didn't actually see it.

How about this: the vaccines cause impotence, potentially dooming the human race.

In 2019 there was a proxy vote to replace Pfizer's board or directors, installing a Hans Gruber type character as CEO (played by Christoph Waltz). Nobody outside of Wall St noticed or cared, but the goal was to secretly create a biological weapon to install a new world order. But a lab in Wuhan beat him to it. So they pivoted to the "cure". And now they're holding humanity hostage. In exchange for control of the world's monetary system they'll release Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Blue. (seek medical attention if side effects last more than 4 hours)

The hero, Will Hardagen (played by Liam Hemsworth) has to break into the factory to steal the Pfizer Blue supply and save mankind.

Plus, it'll be easy to remake as pron.

Why can't we have mandatory 2 week quarantine periods like most other more successful countries, regardless of country of origin or situation?
    We should. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey E View Post
    “Variant that forced B.C. ski resort shut is rapidly spreading, sending more young people to hospital”

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...rapidly-in-bc/

Kinda like in Chile. The effectiveness of the vaccines on the Brazilian variant are being studied, but wow is it infectious.
    The girlfriend of one of the Vancouver Canucks allegedly was on a podcast talking about how the restrictions weren’t necessary and how they were still going out to eat and drink.

Now 21 players have the variant. Thoughts and prayers for how the boyfriend (who was the first player to test positive) explains that to his teammates.

(To be clear there are a lot more serious and concerning stories then a bunch of young fit guys getting paid millions but then having to take a month off to recover from this - like who else did they spread this to who won’t have the youth, health, and money to get through this without major issues)

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    So fucking absurd. No testing of immigrants, but, how about no testing and mask wearing and packed stadiums right there in Texas? Jesus, please let that state secede.

I cringe when I hear Brazil variant, or even UK variant, and that's the new danger. As though we don't have our own mutations? Of course we do, but nobody knows, due the chaos of how we've treated this thing. But, the media loves the scare tactics of "the other".
    The Texas variants can't spread too far, they need queso as a preexisting condition to get a toehold in a population.

The girlfriend of one of the Vancouver Canucks allegedly was on a podcast talking about how the restrictions weren’t necessary and how they were still going out to eat and drink.

Now 21 players have the variant. Thoughts and prayers for how the boyfriend (who was the first player to test positive) explains that to his teammates.

(To be clear there are a lot more serious and concerning stories then a bunch of young fit guys getting paid millions but then having to take a month off to recover from this - like who else did they spread this to who won’t have the youth, health, and money to get through this without major issues)
    the province is shut down again for at least 3 weeks

a bunch of fit pro hockey players are still having to compete in the NHL for jobs, they arent getting paid, they stil spent too much $$$$$, still got commitments & expenses its just that their probelms have more zeros on the end

and covid might fuck them up enough so they can't compete again
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    With the weather warming up and every willing adult vaxxer soon, it will be cool by fall.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/irel...ases-1.4529036
    I'm not sure whether to believe anything concerning risk management from some doctor weed.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Oh, and piss off with the racist accusations. You don't know me. Love how you say this while you live in one of the whitest, richest parts of the entire country, about as far away from the reality as physically possible. Come spend a day with me down at the border. You need your eyes opened on a variety of fronts.
    Fuck me I fell for your trap and asked a question.

Sorry Mods.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Wait... Montucky works on the border??

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Facebook friends mother’s, sister’s, father in law’s bff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    ok, back to covid...

The hero, Richard Hardagen (played by Liam Hemsworth) has to break into the factory to steal the Pfizer Blue supply and save mankind.[/I]

Plus, it'll be easy to remake as pron.
    one minor edit, otherwise it has the makings of a classic.

The girlfriend of one of the Vancouver Canucks....

Now 21 players have the variant....
    Sounds like a wild night
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

He went to South Padre Island for Spring Break...

Maybe you missed that detail somewhere in PoliAss (no biggie), but I had a short-term contract job there a few weeks back. Was literally walking along the banks of the Rio Grande for the gig, so yup. Can't get much closer than that.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Facebook friends mother’s, sister’s, father in law’s bff.
    No, asswipe. ME!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Fuck me I fell for your trap and asked a question.

Sorry Mods.
    Wasn't a trap or meant to get all PoliAss, which is why I've backed off after being (fairly) warned from the mods. Listen, man. I'd never be a dick to you IRL, so I'd appreciate it if you lay off the racism shtick.

Wasn't a trap or meant to get all PoliAss, which is why I've backed off after being (fairly) warned from the mods. Listen, man. I'd never be a dick to you IRL, so I'd appreciate it if you lay off the racism shtick.
    Look, if you don’t want that association made with the words YOU choose to use, you should take a second and examine the phrasing and word choice you make and think about who else uses those words and those phrases and why people repeatedly connect the dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    one minor edit, otherwise it has the makings of a classic.
    I was thinking will be hard again, but you're right, Richard is better.

If you have a moment... give this a read esp. if you are on the fence about getting vaxxed.

Lost on the Frontline

America’s health care workers are dying. In some states, medical personnel account for as many as 20% of known coronavirus cases. They tend to patients in hospitals, treating them, serving them food and cleaning their rooms. Others at risk work in nursing homes or are employed as home health aides.

“Lost on the Frontline,” a collaboration between KHN and The Guardian, has identified 922 such workers who likely died of COVID-19 after helping patients during the pandemic.

We have published profiles for 164 workers whose deaths have been confirmed by our reporters.

Some cases are shrouded in secrecy. Our team contacts family members, employers and medical examiners to independently confirm each death. Many hospitals have been overwhelmed and workers sometimes have lacked protective equipment or suffer from underlying health conditions that make them vulnerable to the highly infectious virus. In the chaos, COVID casualties might otherwise get overlooked.

This project aims to document the lives of U.S. health workers who die of COVID-19, and to understand why so many are falling victim to the pandemic.

Updates since August 2020 are here: 3607 US healthcare worker deaths
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Here's a summary of the report https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-the-frontline
    Key findings:
    "More than half of those who died were younger than 60. In the general population, the median age of death from Covid-19 is 78. Yet among healthcare workers in our database, it is only 59.
    More than a third of the healthcare workers who died were born outside the United States. Those from the Philippines accounted for a disproportionate number of deaths.
    Nurses and support staff died in far higher numbers than physicians.
    Twice as many workers died in nursing homes as hospitals. Only 30% of deaths were among hospital workers, and relatively few were employed by well-funded academic medical centers. The rest worked in less-prestigious residential facilities, outpatient clinics, hospices and prisons, among other places."

I don't know what it's like in other parts of the country, but in CA if it weren't for Philipine nurses there would be no health care to speak of.