Page 1005 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 ... LastLast
Results 25,101 to 25,125 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Trashcan View Post
    Yeah ride it out at this point.
    KQ , dad is feeling fine other than occasional cough but that is probably allergies. We seperated for 14 days so hopefully he is fine.
    Sorry you’re having a rough go, Trashcan. So far my experience of COVID is symptoms are all over the map, but I’m seeing more of these long chronic courses. Also if covid negative worth checking to see if it’s mono. I’ve seen that recently—good reminder to remember everything in medicine that existed prior to pandemic is still on the differential.

Still seeing patients months out with absent sense of smell.

Lots of chronic fatigue, some new onset heart failure.

Tylenol is quite safe up to 2grams a day if liver dysfxn, but I’m not your doctor so usual ‘this is not my professional opinion’ caveat.

I had RSV(what the hell?!) in the fall and it knocked me out for 6-7 weeks. Had to continually remind myself to be gentle, go easy on myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    As I have posted before, we (family) live in very close proximity, and interact pretty frequently throughout the pandemic. We have had multiple small gatherings (around 10 total people), we had one childs birthday party (15 people total mostly kids).
    As a reminder, that's exactly how much of it spreads.

CA and TX health officials commenting on this very thing:
    And that's been a huge problem because much of our spread has been through those informal barbecues, get-togethers and other places these people have been that we are having a hard time tracking down.
    from https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...ontact-tracing
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

About 2/3 of the community spread in my county that is successfully traced goes back to small (10-15 person) family gatherings. So yeah, that is exactly how it spreads.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I was kidding, kidding.
    I figured.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    As a reminder, that's exactly how much of it spreads.

CA and TX health officials commenting on this very thing:

from https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...ontact-tracing
    I just find it hard to believe that the roughly 30 people he has been in contact with are all asymptomatic. Hell my parents are in their 70s and have spent a ton of time around him, and bupkiss. Those links can say whatever they want but it appears in some circumstances it's a non issue.
    Aside from the kids party (95% outside), and his crew of 4, his contact has only been family. My Kids are interacting with friends regularly. We have a low infection rate in our area (NY suburb). I don't think, he, or my family have spread anything.

Due to shit testing and his very minimal cold like symptoms how could he have known? Antibodies don't show til after. We supposed to stop everything Everytime we have a sniffle?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Circa 1918

I had a little bird,
    Its name was Enza
    I opened the window
    And in-flu-enza

Quote Originally Posted by Trashcan View Post
    Yeah ride it out at this point.
    Damn TC, just read your saga. You sound like you're on the same path my attorney was. He was laid up for 3 weeks, just flat ass exhausted. 3 covid tests came up negative and the Dr's all thought it was mono and were treating for that, even though mono was negative. 4th covid test (2 weeks into it) came back positive. He had at that point infected 3 co-workers.

This was back in March in socal, so testing was poor at best. I still haven't heard if the error rate in the testing has improved at all. Flip a coin 3 times and see if you get the same result every time.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Well.... maybe most of them are Trump supporters and getting Covid will help them understand it's real, that Trump has screwed the pooch and prove to others they need to stop mass gatherings until this thing is under control (and perhaps vote him out of office). Pie in the sky I know......
    Yeah, but, I think the point is, Smashmouth? Honest, I had to Google them, and then, immediately, that lame shit? You risked your health and life for...Smashmouth? I mean, the Stones, even ZZTop, who cancelled out. But, them? What drugs are you on?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Yeah, but, I think the point is, Smashmouth? Honest, I had to Google them, and then, immediately, that lame shit? You risked your health and life for...Smashmouth? I mean, the Stones, even ZZTop, who cancelled out. But, them? What drugs are you on?
    I suspect that most attendees never heard of them but, based on the name, assumed that pool cue bashing/sodomizing would be part of the show.

meth, bikers prefer meth....

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

I just find it hard to believe that the roughly 30 people he has been in contact with are all asymptomatic. Hell my parents are in their 70s and have spent a ton of time around him, and bupkiss. Those links can say whatever they want but it appears in some circumstances it's a non issue.
    Aside from the kids party (95% outside), and his crew of 4, his contact has only been family. My Kids are interacting with friends regularly. We have a low infection rate in our area (NY suburb). I don't think, he, or my family have spread anything.

Due to shit testing and his very minimal cold like symptoms how could he have known? Antibodies don't show til after. We supposed to stop everything Everytime we have a sniffle?

Well many people are not socializing except with those they live with unless they are outdoors and maintaining distance.

Your family member that is positive for antibodies. Maybe he should get another test. You state no contact outside of those groups. How does he get food? Didn’t you state that he was traveling by air pretty often?

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    meth, bikers prefer meth....
    Most of those people aren't "bikers".

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Most of those people aren't "bikers".
    Hell’s Accountants
    Satan’s Attorneys

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Hell’s Accountants
    Satan’s Attorneys
    Destiny's Dentists

Somebody once told me the world is gonna roll me, I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Destiny's Dentists
    Awesome alliteration.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Destiny's Dentists
    I was reaching for the appropriate Dentist application. Thanks.

Yes, stop everything.

First, not picking on you. Our government and media should do a better job of getting the latest information out of our scientists, making it easy for us to find, and driving consensus. And we should be holding their feet to the fire.

Your family may not have spread anything, there's a luck factor on top of any preventive effort. Could be if every family was as careful as yours, that would be enough. Could be that's almost good enough but still too many contacts. Whatever you New Yorkers are doing, your cases have dropped very low, and you're keeping them low.

As for when we are supposed to stop everything, that is now, before the symptoms. Alternately we can stop whenever cases are increasing, or already too high. Until we have a test that tells us before we're infectious, contact tracing and isolation good enough to separate all the infectious people, or a vaccine to prevent us from getting infected, all we have is Rideski's little bird. Since we can't tell who is infectious, avoiding everyone as much as possible is the answer (pods/bubbles can work too, so long as the pods avoid each other).

China and New Zealand demonstrated how to practically eliminate Covid. Many countries demonstrated reducing it to low levels - some states, too. We could follow any of these examples and expect similar outcomes.
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    @ XXX

I don't disagree with you, it's more the tone.

We fucked up big time down here, but on the individual level, the majority are trying as best they can. But it's very difficult when not everybody is on board, and the politics are so toxic. Those assholes you're talking about are still the exception rather than the rule.

And part of Canada's success is luck. Low population density, and a strong federal government that's progressive and pro-science. But imagine for a moment that Rob Ford were still alive, and he ran for prime minister. One out of every three Canadians lives in Ontario, and when you add Alberta, there's enough conservative voters that he could've won (at least a minority). Then think of how this might have played out with your very own crack-smoking Trump.

And if that had happened, I wouldn't be kicking you when you're down.
    That's a fair point Ted. However, I would suggest there's no fucking way Rob Ford would have ever been the pm though. I think part of your problem down there relates to the conservative, Merica first, my rights mindset of a large percentage of your population combined with a less educated society.

I know my American friends are not idiots or douch-nozzle's (they wouldn't be my friends if they were), and covid and the response to it, are not their fault.

Hopefully November will begin the rebuilding process that will actually make America better.
    Good luck!

Sons of Oligarchy.
    I'd like to see the neighboring states refuse to let those assholes out of SD. See how they like it when winter rolls around.

I was just thinking that obviously the U.S. is doing worse than Canada, but it can't be that huge of a difference, right? According to stats in the New York Times, Canada has had an average of 443 new cases over the last week and the U.S. has had 53,730. Yeah, but the U.S. has a lot more people. Canada has had 11.7 new cases per million population and the U.S. has had 163.8. Unbelievable.

according to world o meter 505 vs 238 dead per million pop

so twice as many dead per capita

Belgium is winning the race at 852 dead per million
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Interesting idea. https://www.sfchronicle.com/health/a...e-15476742.php
    UCSF scientists have developed a synthetic molecule that inactivates the spike protein in the lab. It would be administered by nasal spray and used to prevent infection. Has not been tested in humans. Obvious questions--how often would one have to use it, and what about mouth breathers (seriously--we are all mouth breathers sometimes. ) So far the researchers don't have a company to manufacture and trial it. They say it would be cheap and over the counter (??). Which certainly would discourage a company from making it, since it would also be obsolete after there's a vaccine and herd immunity. If it works. Apparently these are much simpler molecules than antibodies so can be manufactured much more easily and quickly.

I wonder if these are molecules that could be injected intravenously into a patient with Covid 19 to treat active infection.

Thinking more broadly--if a very effective vaccine is developed and it is anticipated that within a year or two Covid 19 will be gone, will all the research funding and research effort being done on antivirals and other coronavirus treatments dry up, like they did after SARS disappeared, or will we have more foresight and prepare for the next pandemic?

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    However, I would suggest there's no fucking way Rob Ford would have ever been the pm though. I think part of your problem down there relates to the conservative, Merica first, my rights mindset of a large percentage of your population combined with a less educated society.
    Almost nobody thought trump could win either!