Page 1550 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 ... LastLast
Results 38,726 to 38,750 of 41810
    Yeah. I first heard about it while reading wachter’s Twitter story last week about a throat swab providing positive results for his son when nasal was giving negatives….

But I just drank a beer while reading the article that I posted, so I’m just going nasal.

Mild symptoms that mimic typical experiences (eg allergies) are so tricky to figure out.

i thought i was done with this shit but it looks like delta doesn’t give omicron protection so who knows.

hope you feel better
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I don't have the balls to post this one in the vaccines thread.. More junk science??

Covid Effect: Man's Penis Shrank By 1.5 Inches After Covid-19, Says Report
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Sum jong is in the negative with 2x + boost. Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    i thought i was done with this shit but it looks like delta doesn’t give omicron protection so who knows.

hope you feel better
    Thanks. Feeling pretty good except for runny nose. Felt good enough for heavy tree work and bending up part of my chainsaw (see chainsaw thread)

Quote Originally Posted by teletech View Post
    I have an honest question here. Omnicron spreads just as easily, vaccinated or not. ThatÂ’s basically a fact (IÂ’m pretty sure delta did too, as IÂ’ve mentioned here before but not pertinent) Older people and unhealthy people greatly benefitted from the Vaccine. Kids and young healthy people the jury is still out. The big reason for the young demographic To get vaccinated was to stop the spread ie not give it to grandma. Remember everybody gets tested for covid at the hospital, so a 10 yr old that breaks his arm and is hospitalized and tests positive is a covid hospitalization. So of course there a higher number of kids hospitalized as covid is surging. The life stages of a corona virus start deadly and each version gets more contagious and less deadly. The question is if omnicron is end of the deadly part of the pandemic (it will always be around like the flu)and everybody is getting it, will we keep vaxxing and boosting? Or it wonÂ’t really matter because we have reached herd immunity through infection? Just like the Spanish flu. I just wonder if people will be able to go back to normal living
    Wow just wow. So much misinformed my head hurts.

To add another just for fun:

It appears, pediatric surgery beds are excluded from reported positive covid hospitalization counts. Not to mention that almost all ten year old with broken arms are going home after surgery; exceptions exist. That being said, reporting is complex.

Source: covid-19 guidance for hospital reporting and faqs- hhs.gov

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    It's not like this is the most disruptive thing to happen in our lives ever. Oh wait! Ya, guilty as charged, but I do still get laid regularly. Thanks for asking.

I'm sorry if you don't want to hear about what's happening in the real world, or at least as much on this forum. I recommend you find another thread to whine about me in if you don't want to see me or anyone else bitching about the pandemic.
    Do you need a Christmas carol? Seriously, wtf do you need? A blow job? Anything? Do you need boots, a mount, some skis?

We got you.

We just don't fucking have time for your shit ass fucking covid nightmare therapy shit.

Get it?

Now GTFO.

Let me type that: Get The Fuck Out.

Basic ass bitch walk down the street. Get out. I'll kick you again, Get off the block dumb ass bitch.

How about this: Every time you post, I'll post, STFU Bitch.?

You like that?

Get used to it.

I am going to Pm you my thoughts, which are not far from above, but a bit more personal. And I'm going to post every reply you send me right here until you GTFO.
    Last edited by MakersTeleMark; 01-16-2022 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Clarity.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

^^^ Can everyone just please chill out a bit and try to remember that you have no idea what other people are going though and maybe extend just a little grace?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

^^^^^This. As much as sjg bugs me with his incessant key pounding, it is easy to skip over. Sometimes this place is where you can air things out the wife has grown tired of. I know I have typed some stupid shit here particularly after a couple hits or a couple beers.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Do you need a Christmas carol? Seriously, wtf do you need? A blow job? Anything? Do you need boots, a mount, some skis?

We got you.

We just don't fucking have time for your shit ass fucking covid nightmare therapy shit.

Get it?

Now GTFO.

Basic ass bitch walk down the street. Get out. I'll kick you again, Get off the block dumb ass bitch.

You like that?

Get used to it.

I am going to Pm you my thoughts, which are not far from above, but a bit more personal. And I'm going to post every reply you send me right here until you GTFO.
    burningmanmeltdown
    post preservation
    at a certain point it would seem to be easier and more fullfillins to just go puts the dogs do's under his car door handles
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

We got you.

Get it?

Now GTFO.

You like that?

Get used to it.

Congrats, tor threating me you are the first to make my ignore list on any forum anywhere. PM yourself dick. PM reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    ^^^ Can everyone just please chill out a bit and try to remember that you have no idea what other people are going though and maybe extend just a little grace?
    +2

I give sjg a pass often, perceiving a lot of his posts to be his form of journaling, a cope-ing mechanism through these challenging times...
    at the same time, I hope he will realize TMI is also Real.

Bunion's post is Excellent - Thank you.

skiJ

We got you.

Get it?

Now GTFO.

You like that?

Get used to it.

Why are you so unhappy?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I think many have reached the DGAF point where the thinking is "well most if us are vaccinated and those who aren't had their chance so we're going to get back to living our lives a little more".

What do I mean by that? Look at the college bowl game playoffs and national championship game.. The payoff games were two giant stadiums filled with 100K fans, students, players, staff, trainers,etc. Only the some of the trainers and a handful of fans were wearing masks. So, the two winning teams there have approx 10 more days to prepare for the championship game. College kids off a huge historic school win having the best time of their lives...

Anyone else think it's odd that following those playoff game events and leading up to the championship we don't hear about a SINGLE player, coach, trainer, etc testing positive on either of those two final teams??? Nobody was unable to make the championship game due to COVID?? There no way in hell they were testing anyone if NOBODY tested positive all though the days and minutes between the playoff games Dec 31st and kickoff January 10th.

Why isn't anyone even asking if that seems strange??

Now, first hand up close experience. Daughter is a high school senior active in her theater department. They are being very careful, wearing masks at all times in rehearsals leading up to their big performances next weekend.. They all took PCR tests last weekend because a few tested positive the previous week. But, not nearly as much scrutiny as the performance dates get closer.. Hoping ignorance is bliss? If people go out of their way to test and some of those come back positive a literal showstopper. Instead they seem OK with pressing on without knowing for sure everyone's status hoping the vaccines (all documented as fully bosted) will be good enough to just roll on. If others outside of their group aren't vaxxed?? Oh well??

I'm sure some may have COVID exposure in their home or other circles this week. but nobody's going out of their way to get tested without being formally asked to test at this point. All these kids are thinking.. "I'm not going to be the one to go get tested and shut the whole thing down unless I'm absolutely certain I'm sick and spreading it". Again all wearing KN95 masks they feel that's good enough now..

Anybody else getting that vibe from their kids' schools, work, bridge club, etc??
    Well, from most measures if you're vaccinated and boosted, you really don't have that much risk anymore, especially with omicron. I think there's a few things going on here:
    1. For the vaccinated and boosted - yeah, I'm living my life more. I don't see vulnerable or unvaccinated people on a regular basis and if any known exposures are around, we wait to see them. We wear masks indoors in public. I'm not putting my life on hold because a bunch of shitty people are being irresponsible. I'm still being careful and not doing things like going to crowded venues or whatnot, but I'm not going to stop going to the rock gym either (though I wear a mask there too, makes it extra hard).
    2. Bowl games etc. - you have YEARS of propaganda at this point and most of college football country is GOP country, so those bowl games are going to kill a bunch of unvaccinated indoctrinated. I can't stop that. I don't think anyone can stop that because the know-nothing ethos is so entrenched now. So you can either get mad about it or just shake your head as more unnecessary people die. Hell, Alabama elected a football coach to Senator that couldn't even name the three branches of government. College footballs is Saturday church for many. I'm just using this to see who I should never listen to ever again on anything important.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Both very good points, thanks.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Well, from most measures if you're vaccinated and boosted, you really don't have that much risk anymore, especially with omicron. I think there's a few things going on here:
    1. For the vaccinated and boosted - yeah, I'm living my life more. I don't see vulnerable or unvaccinated people on a regular basis and if any known exposures are around, we wait to see them. We wear masks indoors in public. I'm not putting my life on hold because a bunch of shitty people are being irresponsible. I'm still being careful and not doing things like going to crowded venues or whatnot, but I'm not going to stop going to the rock gym either (though I wear a mask there too, makes it extra hard).
    2. Bowl games etc. - you have YEARS of propaganda at this point and most of college football country is GOP country, so those bowl games are going to kill a bunch of unvaccinated indoctrinated. I can't stop that. I don't think anyone can stop that because the know-nothing ethos is so entrenched now. So you can either get mad about it or just shake your head as more unnecessary people die. Hell, Alabama elected a football coach to Senator that couldn't even name the three branches of government. College footballs is Saturday church for many. I'm just using this to see who I should never listen to ever again on anything important.
    Good post - Thank you. skiJ

Thanks schuss. I'm in the middle and unable to reconcile the dissonance between wanting to see the fun stuff and traditions continue and the carnage I fear from allowing that to happen. I'm very thankful for vaccines to keep us out of the hospital and much better masks widely available now than what we had to fight the pandemic with when it hit spring of 2020. Darwin is definitely at work with those who are not even trying to stop the spread.. but it also impacts folks who are but need a different hospital service. definitely a lot of dissonance I'm unable to come to terms with.

Quote Originally Posted by skiskiskiskiski View Post
    Why are you so unhappy?
    Irreversible bad choices in life.

Not directed at anyone in particular, but the line of thinking that omicron is benign enough that everyone should just get over it is flawed in that you don't get to pick your variant. My wife was just talking to our nurse friend, who said the ICU is still full of delta here.

I don't have the balls to post this one in the vaccines thread.. More junk science??

Covid Effect: Man's Penis Shrank By 1.5 Inches After Covid-19, Says Report
    That sounds legit--blood clot in the penile artery. Given that small vessel blood clots that have been seen with covid, not surprising.

My son says of his 16 recent trauma admits (Las Vegas) 12 tested positive for Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Not directed at anyone in particular, but the line of thinking that omicron is benign enough that everyone should just get over it is flawed in that you don't get to pick your variant. My wife was just talking to our nurse friend, who said the ICU is still full of delta here.
    Also very little to no info about long covid for the vaxed with omicron.

Thanks schuss. I'm in the middle and unable to reconcile the dissonance between wanting to see the fun stuff and traditions continue and the carnage I fear from allowing that to happen. I'm very thankful for vaccines to keep us out of the hospital and much better masks widely available now than what we had to fight the pandemic with when it hit spring of 2020. Darwin is definitely at work with those who are not even trying to stop the spread.. but it also impacts folks who are but need a different hospital service. definitely a lot of dissonance I'm unable to come to terms with.
    There's only so much any of us can do. At a certain level, a bunch of people are choosing to die or put themselves at massive risk of death, so we should honestly just deprioritize their health care in lieu of those who give a shit, but that would be callous, so we're stuck.

There's only so much any of us can do. At a certain level, a bunch of people are choosing to die or put themselves at massive risk of death, so we should honestly just deprioritize their health care in lieu of those who give a shit, but that would be callous, so we're stuck.
    We could let em pay for it. That would be a step more fair.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    We could let em pay for it. That would be a step more fair.
    People can't pay their medical bills anyhow - it would just end up paid for by all of us, especially if they die. I'm saying add explicit triage protocols that put them at the end of the list if they aren't vaccinated, adult and have no complicating factors that prevented it.