Page 496 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 ... LastLast
Results 12,376 to 12,400 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    It's an AP photo from the 8th. There are plenty more all over the webz.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Anyone seen any new studies on the origination of COVID-19 or is it pretty settled that it came from the Wuhan wet market?

If that is the case, I sure hope we see some world wide pressure on the closing of the Chinese wildlife markets. It will only be a matter of time before it happens again if not. Unfortunately, PC may cost us the ability to do that and save millions of future lives for fear of being called a "racist" and criticizing the activities of another culture.

Leading up to this there were many studies calling these markets a ticking time bomb. So far, only one of the bombs have gone off. Many to come.
    Nearly 30% of Americans believe coronavirus was made in a lab, Pew poll shows

Beijing tightens grip over coronavirus research, amid US-China row on virus origin
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Two of the biggest things we still need to figure out:

1) How long the virus is viable on surfaces, not just detectable

2) How many asymptomatic people are *INFECTIOUS* not just infected.
    This. People need to understand the difference between the existence of viral RNA and the existence of a viable virus.
    Most of these tests are using PCR to test for viral RNA. RNA and DNA are very stable molecules so looking for various fragments on surfaces, you will almost always find it if an infected person has been there any time in the recent past. PCR is so insanely sensitive a process that it can literally allow you to amplify a single small nucleotide segment billions of times and detect any ghost of a segment floating around.
    That doesn't really tell you shit though on if you will get sick touching that surface or existing in that space. Only trying to culture the virus from samples of that surface will tell you that. And nearly every study that I have seen on that says that encountering a viable virus from a surface is likely a low probability event.

Personally, I'm not planning on doing anything different with my shoes other than taking them off when entering the house like I always do.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

These concepts are not hard and have been part of Western civilization for a very long time..
    this is wrong, ignorant, racist, and stupid. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Take Putin to the poliass version of this thread.

Has there been a definitive determination that recovered patients are in fact immune? There's even debate in this thread vis à vis re-infection vs late stage flare up, and faulty testing.

Any non-dentists care to chime in on that?
    Mystery In Wuhan: Recovered Coronavirus Patients Test Negative ... Then Positive
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Maybe one of the more useful ideas coming out of Sweden is they are not testing people who are experiencing symptoms. In a country with generous sick leave they tell those people to stay home, and they do. That, along with other measures, means they've slowed the spread as evidenced by the steep drop off in other diseases like the flu.

We could do something similar. Stop testing the symptomatic, just assume you're positive and self-quarantine. Instead, regularly test frontline workers like police, health care, EMTs, pharmacists, transit, and supermarket employees.

At some point we might even be capable of testing saliva samples. Then test everyone every couple of weeks.

Self-quarantines, ideally with pay and benefits, for anyone with symptoms or who tests positive and the math says R0 goes below one, so no more widespread outbreaks, and no more shutdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Rat Flu possibly attacking T cells:
    https://www.inkstonenews.com/science...rticle/3079592
    Fuck

Not going to go back and quote posts from previous pages, but when gretch was talking about closing down wet markets I don’t think he was meaning US farmers markets. By definition yes, they are considered wet markets. From the videos I’ve seen of wet markets in china we’re talking about two very different things. The “wet” farmers markets in Pennsylvania didn’t have stacks of caged animals shitting all over each other. The Stotzfus’s didn’t show up with their best heads of cattle ready to slaughter on site.

JHC if you didn’t get that distinction right off the bat (haha) you may need some help.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Not going to go back and quote posts from previous pages, but when gretch was talking about closing down wet markets I don’t think he was meaning US farmers markets. By definition yes, they are considered wet markets
    I think that's sort of the point. Just saying "wet markets" should be banned is not the answer because wet markets are not inherently unsafe. Instead specific practices (that seem to be common at some Chinese wet markets) need to be outlawed .

So.... backyard chicken coops is a barbaric practice that should be banned?

if you don’t get that watching videos online might not be the best representation of normal practice....

Trashcan - vibes dude. Glad it worked out for the better. I can’t imagine doing cpr on a loved one. It’s not fun on a stranger - the added pressure of a family member would be huge. Good on you brother.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post

if you don’t get that watching videos online might not be the best representation of normal practice....
    Who’s talking about backyard chicken coops? Try to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I think that's sort of the point. Just saying "wet markets" should be banned is not the answer because wet markets are not inherently unsafe. Instead specific practices (that seem to be common at some Chinese wet markets) need to be outlawed .
    Again....what I posted was "I sure hope we see some world wide pressure on the closing of the Chinese wildlife markets"

Then I spoke about separation within wet markets. I never said close the wet markets.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Kind of interesting...tracing the variants of Covid-19

https://www.cam.ac.uk/research/news/...ndemic-origins

Also..a backyard chicken coop would be separation of live animals from butchering site and a single species. WTF is going on with people reading post?
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Also..a backyard chicken coop would be separation of live animals from butchering site and a single species. WTF is going on with people reading post?
    you don’t know what the fuck you are talking about and just doing the bash China bullshit, that’s what’s going on.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Who’s talking about backyard chicken coops? Try to keep up.
    People are reportedly panic-buying baby chickens

Cuomo just formed a Northeast region association to share in decision making and action. All the governors just made statements at the same time on my TV.. It's a big fuck you to Trump, and maybe the beginning of the balkanization of America.

How extensively have you traveled in China? I've been to wet markets in mainland China. They are everything that videos show them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Cuomo just formed a Northeast region association to share in decision making and action. All the governors just made statements at the same time on my TV.. It's a big fuck you to Trump, and maybe the beginning of the balkanization of America.
    How long after the start of that process does the ethnic cleansing begin?

Well the WH has told the states to fend for themselves so they might as well all secede from the union.

this is wrong, ignorant, racist, and stupid. Well done.
    Thanks. FYI, Western Civilization is not a single race and is rooted in the Mediterranean and can also include latin societies...but yes, narrow your sights and assume I meant white society. Talk about reading what you want. Stop being so damn sensitive and assuming everyone is a racist just because they criticize a specific aspect of a certain group of people.

The discussion is specifically related to co-mingling live and dead animals and many species in a market.

you don’t know what the fuck you are talking about and just doing the bash China bullshit, that’s what’s going on.
    You don't know WTF is coming out of your stupid mouth. I grew up in a farm town and had a chicken coop...you are just being dumb. I am not bashing China, I am bashing the setup of many of the markets within China.

Sounded like it right.

From an Asian wet market I was at. Even the domestic animal trade is a bit unhygienic

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05968.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	214.4 KB 
ID:	325128
    Name:  DSC05967.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  98.0 KB
    Name:  100_1820.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  142.8 KB

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums