Page 124 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 41810
    If I was 30 and wanted to go on a cruise I'd offer them $500 for a two room suite and they'd take it.

Name:  cruise deal.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  69.8 KB
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

So, boring with two rooms.
    Bargain!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by MegaStoke View Post
    Source?
    Me.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    I’m planning on heading to Wal-Mart tomorrow morning, stocking up on TP and starting my bring your vehicle in get a roll of toilet paper promotion.
    You should do it.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Which kind of friend are you? :evil:
    The best! I've been making sure she has all the latest non-Fox news reports on the progress of the virus in our state.

She wasn't sure about attending yoga the other day but I told her she was young and healthy with a good immune system. She felt better and decided to go.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

.Name:  FB_IMG_1583896747005.jpeg
Views: 577
Size:  69.6 KB
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9072926C-3046-46CB-8C63-327553FA8298.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	608.6 KB 
ID:	319792

Rethinking that job as a census taker.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Potential super spreader job...

Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    They roll these same clowns out during every outbreak with extremely exaggerated numbers.
    This guy has been covering every virus scam in the last twenty years. He has a new article almost every day: https://blog.nomorefakenews.com/2020...erts-weigh-in/
    Michael Osterholm is a clown? Based on what? He isn't even mentioned in your obviously very scientific blog post. Guy is a scientist who has dedicated his life to studying infectious diseases and you malign him as a clown... When was the last time we had a disease with a r0 of >2 and a mortality rate that approached 1% infect 100,000 people in 2 months?

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    You are fucking kidding me...Scott over Charmin?? What’s up with wifey anus? VIBES..
    She obviously likes it rough...

Do not recommend the comments section as it is toxic af, but someone noted the timeline for coronavirus in Italy; around three weeks from single digit numbers of infected to a closed country.

Took one of my kids to basketball practice tonight. The gym was full and all seemed normal which was kind of weird. I have a feeling things will change next week and Seattle schools may close down which is probably a good thing although it will make it harder for healthcare workers to get to work.

Speaking of that my wife's hospital (not an eastside hospital) has a few covid patients currently but they expect the inundation to start soon and are in full prep mode. She's been practicing putting on her papr gear for when she intubates these patients, puts in central lines, etc.

Also, one of their current patients is a healthy 52 year old male on a ventilator. Another hospital has a healthy thirty something in the ICU. And this is just the very beginning. Doctors in one eastside hospital are basically out of n95s, hoping to get more, but are doing risky interventions with just worthless surgery masks. It's getting real.

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    In my nonprofessional opinion the mitigation response makes sense at least for places that have well established infection, like California. There's no point in testing an asymptomatic contact other than a housemate; the person could test negative and 2 days later contact another asymptomatic carrier and convert. Same with quarantining asymptomatic casual contacts. I would still cancel leisure activities that involve prolong close contact but keep people working at home if possible but at work if not. Keep the gears turning without unnecessary exposure.
    the concern that I have is that if asymptomatic cases (e.g., mild fever) are not tested, those infected will continue on with their normal life activities, and many will need to do so because they don't have the job to allow for extended paid sick leave. as such, they will be spreading and shed in the community at a much higher rate than if they knew they had the virus and felt more compelled to stay home sick.

Our county has no known cases, per the county health dept site, but there's no information about how many tests have actually been completed. per my wife, at the doctor office at the end of the day today with one of our kids (neither are sick, there for another scheduled reason), the exhausted doc mildly complained, "everybody in nevada county thinks they have coronavirus, but it's all colds and flu." she wasn't in a mood to get smart-ass on him, but my thought was, "well, how many patients with the symptoms have you tested?" I am guessing that the answer would be zero. the office currently has no signage up about alternative intake if a patient has certain symptoms (they had clear signage posted at the front door when whooping was circulating in the community a few years ago). so that office very well could have had patients come in with a mild fever that have covid-19 (or they could tomorrow or the next day, etc.) and be spreading and shedding in the office and the greater community unless their intake procedures change or they start testing.

i understand that the critical issue with testing is the overall lack of resources related to testing.

reading the story of tiawan's response today was interesting.... https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...virus-n1153826
    Last edited by bodywhomper; 03-11-2020 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Damn, planning on a cross country drive from NY Metro to Co. and/or N.M.. wondering what my reception would be in some places. T
    This is, again, one of those cases where real world imitates TGR.

First you would be taunted and then stoned to death.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Excellent read b

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

too soon?

watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    .Name:  FB_IMG_1583896747005.jpeg
Views: 577
Size:  69.6 KB
    I need TP for my bunghole!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 7.54.13 AM.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	752.4 KB 
ID:	319806
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    too soon?

Too late, actually. I posted that last week.

We have been debating how seriously we should be social distancing. Sam Harris has a podcast up advocating for social distancing and laid out some of the rationale why. Decrease demand on the healthcare system, age, family with underlying conditions and that a few weeks of social distancing aren't the end of the world if nothing happens. On the other hand, if it does happen, you probably don't want to be in a position where you need hospitalization. Spoke right to the social stigma of cancelling meetings, not shaking hands and that nagging thought of "you are just succumbing to paranoai."

Reiterated over and over- it's not the flu.

So considering cancelling some non essential meetings and travel which is likely to make me an outlier at work.

This seems in line with what major companies are doing in advance and what public agencies are advocating after they get the first case (which is probably to late).

I'm no longer shaking hands with people, and I actually caught shit for it from someone yesterday.

"Trump is still shaking hands, what makes you think you know better than him?"

I wish I was kidding, but that's Amerikuh in 2020.

the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs