Page 1427 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 ... LastLast
Results 35,651 to 35,675 of 41810
    Yup, up by the hatchery. And yes it’s fucking humbling when fish are jumping all around you and taking a good hard look at your fly, but WILL NOT take it.

Camp Sherman through the canyon to the hatchery, such a gorgeous part of the world.
    I'm a fumbler, but on the occasional hook up there, omfg.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    I think this heart inflammation news is going to amplify. In the week after we got our pfizer shots, the wife and I had one day (day 4 or 5?) where we took the afternoon off to nap because we both had bad heart palpations. We are older than the age group of concern. We just don't think it was the chinese noodle we all ate for lunch. We've eaten that many times without a 7.5 hour long period of severe heart palpitations. They went away the next day. It was strange. Perhaps the dark soya sauce we had with our noodle. I think that has tons of MSG in it.
    4-5 days after shots, shortly after eating--my money is on what or how much you ate. The symptoms of MSG syndrome--if it exists--are the same as the symptoms of eating too much--a well recognized consequence of eating Chinese food, confirmed in my personal experience 2 nights ago.

Hey, wait. Did your soy sauce come from Wuhan. Maybe the Chinese are trying a different way to poison us. I'd send the bottle to the CDC.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Non-deadly transient AE that is occurring at a rate of maybe as high as 1 in 20,000? Sucks, but not as bad as smallpox vaccine... why is this breaking news?

While worthy of awareness for treatment and study, we should be scared about the incredibly high rates of cardiac injury in COVID-19 survivors that may be contributing to "long hauler" syndromes. We know 1 in 100 to as high as 1 in 20 sufferers of acute viral illness may have myocardial involvement. The annual rate for myopericarditis is probably around 1 in 20,000 in the US. However, for COVID survivors, the number is much much much higher, perhaps even as high as 1 in 10.

PS your perceived brief "heart palpitation" are not the presenting symptom for myopericarditis. Sorry about your bad Chinese food bro...
    Arrhythmias can certainly be a symptom of myocarditis. Resolved after 8 hours? Nah.

exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

His palpitations were likely due to the effort required to magnetize all the non-ferrous metals around him.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    His palpitations were likely due to the effort required to magnetize all the non-ferrous metals around him.
    Ans because of his anxiety that one of the steel eating Squirrels might mistake him for a gondola cable.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

It would be fun to be an x-men!!

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    …and in just a few more days, my fair state is calling most of the restrictions officially over.

So I guess we'll see what happens, and if there's enough vax in the collective body for a bump in infection rates not to happen within the next month or so.
    Technically, restrictions will be officially over if you’re officially fully vaxed…. Many in my area don’t give a shit and have been operating as if it’s biz as usual for the last 12 months, this is a tourist area, many more unvaxed will go maskless, County population is at 43% fully vaxed, and I fully expect a bump (hopefully not too big).

My 15 yo just got vax #2. The 11 yo’s are hoping for the end of summer.

California's guidelines re masks effective June 15:
    "Guidance for Individuals
    Masks are not required for fully vaccinated individuals, except in the following settings where masks are required for everyone, regardless of vaccination status:

On public transit[1] (examples: airplanes, ships, ferries, trains, subways, buses, taxis, and ride-shares) and in transportation hubs (examples: airport, bus terminal, marina, train station, seaport or other port, subway station, or any other area that provides transportation)

Indoors in K-12 schools[2], childcare[3] and other youth settings.

Note: This may change as updated K-12 schools guidance is forthcoming, pending updates for K-12 operational guidance from the CDC.

Healthcare settings[4] (including long term care facilities[5])

State and local correctional facilities and detention centers[6]

Homeless shelters[7], emergency shelters[8] and cooling centers[9]

Additionally, masks are required** for unvaccinated individuals in indoor public settings and businesses (examples: retail, restaurants, theaters, family entertainment centers, meetings, state and local government offices serving the public).

For additional information, individuals should refer to CDC Recommendations for Safer Activities (see CDPH Masking Guidance Frequently Asked Questions for more information).

**Guidance for Businesses, Venue Operators or Hosts
    In settings where masks are required only for unvaccinated individuals, businesses, venue operators or hosts may choose to:

Provide information to all patrons, guests and attendees regarding vaccination requirements and allow vaccinated individuals to self-attest that they are in compliance prior to entry.

Implement vaccine verification to determine whether individuals are required to wear a mask.

Require all patrons to wear masks."

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID...coverings.aspx

Oh, and my 13 yo had his second Pfizer last week, and like his first shot, it was your basic what's-the-big-deal for him; didn't even complain about muscle pain. So we're all set, I think. This household farts in Covid's general direction.

^^^That looks tasty

Driving back into our village this pm there’s a kinda scruffy guy holding a sign at the edge of town that read:

Covid 19
    Survival Rate 99.7%
    Sheeple

I first thought “woah, I’d love to hear how the hell he came up with that tortured conclusion”
    Then I thought “no, I don’t really think I would”

After stopping at the produce stand I looped back around to obtain photographic evidence, but alas he was gone.
    Covid-19 got him while you were shopping.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Were you also getting outsmarted by creatures with a brain the size of a lentil? Fuckers rose to & refused three different drake patterns this PM
    haz you tried sayins fuck the hatch and throws the big junks to the big fish that dont rise for floating mini tapas of the day?

once ya leave the slc
    dont see much face coverins no mur
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    4-5 days after shots, shortly after eating--my money is on what or how much you ate. The symptoms of MSG syndrome--if it exists--are the same as the symptoms of eating too much--a well recognized consequence of eating Chinese food, confirmed in my personal experience 2 nights ago.

Hey, wait. Did your soy sauce come from Wuhan. Maybe the Chinese are trying a different way to poison us. I'd send the bottle to the CDC.

Arrhythmias can certainly be a symptom of myocarditis. Resolved after 8 hours? Nah.
    Strange coincidence but agree with everyone here. It was Lee Kum Kee mushroom flavoured dark soy sauce. The first ingredient is Soy Sauce. The second ingredient is Caramel. The third ingredient is MSG. The fourth ingredient is Sugar. It says that 1 tablespoon contains 25 calories and 1110 mg Sodium. Given that, and how sweet it tastes, conclude that the amount of Caramel and MSG in this ancient brew is quite high. Hence the post meal brain aneurism combined with myocardial effects that sounded like the drum intro to Hot For Teacher.

I should have read the little warning under the ingredients list that says "Tightly close lid after use and keep a defibrillator nearby".
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    Oh, and my 13 yo had his second Pfizer last week, and like his first shot, it was your basic what's-the-big-deal for him; didn't even complain about muscle pain. So we're all set, I think. This household farts in Covid's general direction.
    I was told be careful of any fart on #2 pfizer

buddy the MD had suggested there could be a delayed response to #2 pfzier on day 4, what happend was he got 1 bout of diarrhea and was fine except for some muscle pain

I felt almost like diarrhea on day 4 but not really and of course some muscle pain but fine now
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    haz you tried sayins fuck the hatch and throws the big junks to the big fish that dont rise for floating mini tapas of the day?
    Oh yea. I chucked a big ass stonefly (both adult and nymph) and some red thing at them in addition to a PMD and the drakes. At least they rose to the drakes. damn near hit one on the head with the stonefly nymph drifting past and nada.

These are 100% wild fish. And OCD about what they will go after.

We use streamers for these (not me in the photo) in the fall
    Name:  8000390662_995f60134e.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  85.5 KB

Oh yea. I chucked a big ass stonefly (both adult and nymph) and some red thing at them in addition to a PMD and the drakes. At least they rose to the drakes. damn near hit one on the head with the stonefly nymph drifting past and nada.

These are 100% wild fish. And OCD about what they will go after.

We use streamers for these (not me in the photo) in the fall
    Name:  8000390662_995f60134e.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  85.5 KB
    Have you tried a purple day glo rubber worm?

Yes! After midnight tomorrow Vermont is lifting all restrictions. Over 80% of eligible population has had at least one shot. The governor claims we lead the world in that stat. Only one case reported in the state over the weekend. Here in Chittenden county (most populous in the state) there has only been 24 cases in the last two weeks with a vaccination rate of 82.6%.

Really pleased with how the entire state responded. Masks became routine and most everyone stepped up to get the vaccine. Almost makes the tax burden worth living here

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Yes! After midnight tomorrow Vermont is lifting all restrictions. Over 80% of eligible population has had at least one shot. The governor claims we lead the world in that stat. Only one case reported in the state over the weekend. Here in Chittenden county (most populous in the state) there has only been 24 cases in the last two weeks with a vaccination rate of 82.6%.

Really pleased with how the entire state responded. Masks became routine and most everyone stepped up to get the vaccine. Almost makes the tax burden worth living here
    Nice! Hopefully VT can become an example of how things can get totally back to normal as soon as enough people take their medicine.

Am I reading this right that MS is only at 35% with a first dose? That seems insane.

For VT, what’s the vax data for the total population?

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    For VT, what’s the vax data for the total population?
    Running some quick numbers shows about 69% of total population. 643,077 total population per 2020 census. Friday’s vaccine numbers were 444,187. Probably up to 70% today as they’ve had some clinics over the weekend.

After I posted earlier the governor clarified that all restrictions have been removed this morning. The official state of emergency expires tomorrow and will not be renewed.

Make sure whether your % numbers are of total population vs eligible population. If the latter, make sure they updated the denominator for 12+ instead of 16+.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Make sure whether your % numbers are of total population vs eligible population. If the latter, make sure they updated the denominator for 12+ instead of 16+.
    The 643,077 for total population is from the recent census for all ages. More vaccination info for the state is here. https://www.healthvermont.gov/covid-...cine-dashboard According to that page, eligible population is 488,571.

(Edited to add eligible population numbers)

NY 70% at least one vax.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

How is he always right about everything?