Page 1141 of 1242 FirstFirst ... 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 ... LastLast
Results 28,501 to 28,525 of 31044
    There is nothing that has happened that is as FUCKING stupid as this.

A good friends son and grandson who is a 12 yo goalie for a team attended this hockey tournament in Detroit this past weekend, 350 teams from "around the world". Here is a cut & paste about it:

The Motown Classic (October 16 - 18th, 2020) hosts more than 350 teams from across the world at this prestigious event. Located in Hockeytown, USA (Detroit, MI) this tournament is often used as a springboard for future hockey legends. Each team is guaranteed four games and an opportunity to explore the revitalized city of Detroit!

Looking at the list of teams I doubt the teams from Russia or the Czech Republic actually attended. Also I suspect the teams from Canada also took a pass as they would have to quarantine for 14 days to get back into Canuck land. Here is how this gets really fucked up. The players mom, wife of friends son had been exposed and was awaiting tests results when the father & son flew to Detroit. My friend tells me his son says he has a cold. I say you know he has covid and its crazy he would get on an airplane. He told his son he was being irresponsible, son oblivious. Friday she gets her results back and of course its positive. They play Friday, don't know the details but apparently the coach knew that he had another player who had covid but did not tell anyone for fear they would not be allowed to play. Something happened Saturday AM and their team plus at least one other team was sent home. So covid dad plus who knows how many covid positive players get on a plane and head home.

We are totally fucked, this won't be close to under control until the 40% of people who are willing to get the vaccine get it and another 40% build their own antibodies.

I do not understand how MI or Wayne County would allow a 350 team hockey tournament. Of course seeing as how the entry fee was $2000 or $700,000 in total my guess is there were some palms getting greased.
    Last edited by bigdude2468; 10-19-2020 at 07:03 AM.

Go to about 23:30 for Osterholm's rosy assessment of where we are.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4046.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	205.5 KB 
ID:	343998
    Compliance.
    Not difficult.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    What's the chances they're all faking it as a sympathy/fake news ploy?

kooky conspiracy bullshit is kooky conspiracy bullshit whether it comes from the left or right. dont contribute to the hate

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    60 minutes--twitter for old people--had a piece about a cruise ship in early March full of coronavirus that docked in France, the people were offloaded, kept crammed together, then allowed to fly back to Atlanta after finally being cleared. During the flight multiple passengers collapsed. when they got to Atlanta the CDC, despite having been notified well in advance, was nowhere to be seen. After hours local public health showed up, the passengers were given a questionnaire, including the ones who had fever, cough, shortness of breath, and all but a few who had tested positive in France, were turned loose into the airport to take flights home. Free to use all the airport facilities while they waited. 60 minutes managed to find about 60 of the passengers and something like 47 had tested positive. Most received no follow up from public health when they got home.
    A friend of mine was in Italy in March, in the region most affected, and left right when things were being totally shut down there. When he got back to the U.S. he said Customs asked if he'd traveled to China or Iran. He said "no, but I was in Italy" and they couldn't have cared less.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    A friend of mine was in Italy in March, in the region most affected, and left right when things were being totally shut down there. When he got back to the U.S. he said Customs asked if he'd traveled to China or Iran. He said "no, but I was in Italy" and they couldn't have cared less.
    Wasn't there someone on the board with the sane story only it was him?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Not sure. I know a few were skiing in the Alps around that time (Euro Mini), but I believe they were primarily in Switzerland. Not that that makes much difference. I know Buster quarantined at home when he returned.

X

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post

kooky conspiracy bullshit is kooky conspiracy bullshit whether it comes from the left or right. dont contribute to the hate
    I get your drift, but, we're talking about a WH that has lied to us thousands of times over the past four years, and now, just a month before the election, pulls a crucifixion and rising from the dead act. Mark me a tad suspicious.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    There is nothing that has happened that is as FUCKING stupid as this.

A good friends son and grandson who is a 12 yo goalie for a team attended this hockey tournament in Detroit this past weekend, 350 teams from "around the world". Here is a cut & paste about it:

The Motown Classic (October 16 - 18th, 2020) hosts more than 350 teams from across the world at this prestigious event. Located in Hockeytown, USA (Detroit, MI) this tournament is often used as a springboard for future hockey legends. Each team is guaranteed four games and an opportunity to explore the revitalized city of Detroit!

Looking at the list of teams I doubt the teams from Russia or the Czech Republic actually attended. Also I suspect the teams from Canada also took a pass as they would have to quarantine for 14 days to get back into Canuck land. Here is how this gets really fucked up. The players mom, wife of friends son had been exposed and was awaiting tests results when the father & son flew to Detroit. My friend tells me his son says he has a cold. I say you know he has covid and its crazy he would get on an airplane. He told his son he was being irresponsible, son oblivious. Friday she gets her results back and of course its positive. They play Friday, don't know the details but apparently the coach knew that he had another player who had covid but did not tell anyone for fear they would not be allowed to play. Something happened Saturday AM and their team plus at least one other team was sent home. So covid dad plus who knows how many covid positive players get on a plane and head home.

We are totally fucked, this won't be close to under control until the 40% of people who are willing to get the vaccine get it and another 40% build their own antibodies.

I do not understand how MI or Wayne County would allow a 350 team hockey tournament. Of course seeing as how the entry fee was $2000 or $700,000 in total my guess is there were some palms getting greased.
    When was the lost time Detroit did anything responsible? Seriously. 1940?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    When was the lost time Detroit did anything responsible? Seriously. 1940?
    When the 1973 Firebird SD was released

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I dunno, seemed kinda insane at the time. It did happen to me when I was returning from Euro-BBI, leaving the morning after Drumpf's announcement. We'd been skiing in St Anton with nordkette, about 10 miles from superspreader Ischgl and less than a week after they'd locked down the entirety of northern Italy a few miles further, across the border. US customs official looked at me a bit suspiciously and asked if I was in from China, told him no, I was coming from Zurich and he shrugged. But they wouldn't allow me in the Delta skylounge at JFK, prolly 'cause of my ethnicity.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    No, it makes me think that Regenron cocktail might work well and needs to be scaled up quickly, which I know is hard.

Or he and his jokers faked the whole thing in desperation to get votes and it backfired.
    Don't really think he faked it, but yeah, he lies about everything else. I do feel compelled to add that I personally don't think Regeneron is the silver bullet it's Trumped up to be either, just another tool in the toolkit, an expen$$$ive one at that, and prolly not terribly helpful if given too late. The first (and I think only) patient to receive it in Utah under compassionate use is on our unit right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    X
    I like that graphic. Where's it from? Makes it look like California has been largely spared though?

Trump saying the quiet part out loud again. Hope to see more of this kind of "fuck it" disclose over the next two weeks.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 11.40.44 AM.png
Views: 367
Size:  43.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Trump saying the quiet part out loud again. Hope to see more of this kind of "fuck it" disclose over the next two weeks.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 11.40.44 AM.png
Views: 367
Size:  43.7 KB
    Thinking Fauci's 60mins interview was just a tiny bit of pay back for the ad that mischaracterized his words. Fauci's not a man to play politics but there is a line and I think Trump finally crossed it.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    The players mom, wife of friends son had been exposed and was awaiting tests results when the father & son flew to Detroit. My friend tells me his son says he has a cold. I say you know he has covid and its crazy he would get on an airplane. He told his son he was being irresponsible, son oblivious.
    I'm having trouble following the narrative. The father told his 12 year old son he was being irresponsible, but still allowed him to get on a plane and fly to Detroit, or am I missing something?

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    This is exactly why shit in the US won't be "normal" until there's a vaccine. If there's a vaccine. There are too many selfish, stupid Americans who don't understand the big picture and aren't willing to sacrifice a tiny bit for the greater good.
    this. exactly this.

Rapped his way to an appointment with the Feds.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fontrel...-fraud-scheme/

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    I like that graphic. Where's it from? Makes it look like California has been largely spared though?
    I got that off of Ritholtz's blog this morning. https://ritholtz.com/2020/10/10-monday-am-reads-282/

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Rapped his way to an appointment with the Feds.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fontrel...-fraud-scheme/

Ivanka and Jared avert their eyes and leave the room.

Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

On jury duty all last week and thru Oct 30. Juror 11 is out today with some mild symptoms and waiting for covid test results.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

The giant outlet mall, San Francisco Premium Outlets (Simon Properties) is absolutely packed with people. Never underestimate the American consumer

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post

Go to about 23:30 for Osterholm's rosy assessment of where we are.
    Well that's fucking great.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime

https://twitter.com/ryanlcooper/stat...539355138?s=20

SD with a 36% positivity rate this past week.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    The giant outlet mall, San Francisco Premium Outlets (Simon Properties) is absolutely packed with people. Never underestimate the American consumer
    And short attention spans.