Page 1136 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 ... LastLast
Results 28,376 to 28,400 of 41810
    Sweden, any idea how been people have developed antibodies with their “let it run” philosophy?

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Have you flown anywhere since March? Airports are pretty empty for the most part. I'm not worried at all passing through airports. And of course there are the odd dipshits, but my experience is that mask compliance is pretty good on airplanes. Obviously there's not zero risk, but I feel pretty safe flying right now.
    I'd agree with that. Many of the things that had me in the 'no fucking way' camp have been alleviated by the dramatic decrease in travelers and traffic: bottlenecks in the terminals and gates, long gate holds due to traffic, being number 30 for take off, inconsistent mask use, airport/air rage, etc. Plus (I'm guessing) they're actually cleaning the airplanes these days. Pre-covid, they were only going for the appearance of clean.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    No dipshits wanting special treatment.
    Definitely. The general public's acceptance of mask wearing while onboard is likely one of the biggest factors.

I'd still caution people that the news articles are oversimplifying the airflow picture. How many gaspers are open/closed, and which directions they're aimed have an impact on your air quality, as does you seat location WRT the locations of the return ducts, which type of aircraft, etc, etc..

And during times of low airflow - at the gate with the door open, engine starts, de-icing, in the lineup for departure - passengers should be extra vigilant, and try not to break into song.

Especially when the flight crew are on instruments

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    hot take as reported by my grandmother:

Bill Gates is the antichrist and orchestrated both the pandemic and civil unrest in an attempt to overthrow the government and subjugate himself as supreme ruler. All of this is evidenced in Jane Austen's final work--Sanditon--which was left unfinished.

I have always thought she may be schizophrenic but I think she may be on to something...
    Sanditon? LOL!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Oh, yeah, of course! It's the husband! The husband who, I assume, has a very open channel to the most powerful house member, the same body that appropriates trillions of dollars in spending, before he makes investment decisions.

Remember that awesome futures contract that Hillary made a shitload of money on in like a week when she was first lady? How lucky was that?

Happens every fucking day in that town. Maybe not a million bucks, maybe just 50 grand, every week or so. And, it's all fucking legal. A CEO in the private world could go to jail for years doing the same shit.
    Making money on bay area feels like it would have been shooting fish in a barrel the past 30 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I'd agree with that. Many of the things that had me in the 'no fucking way' camp have been alleviated by the dramatic decrease in travelers and traffic: bottlenecks in the terminals and gates, long gate holds due to traffic, being number 30 for take off, inconsistent mask use, airport/air rage, etc. Plus (I'm guessing) they're actually cleaning the airplanes these days. Pre-covid, they were only going for the appearance of clean.

Definitely. The general public's acceptance of mask wearing while onboard is likely one of the biggest factors.

I'd still caution people that the news articles are oversimplifying the airflow picture. How many gaspers are open/closed, and which directions they're aimed have an impact on your air quality, as does you seat location WRT the locations of the return ducts, which type of aircraft, etc, etc..

And during times of low airflow - at the gate with the door open, engine starts, de-icing, in the lineup for departure - passengers should be extra vigilant, and try not to break into song.

Especially when the flight crew are on instruments

Remember when the passengers used to clap when the pilot landed the plane?

I was on a flight that aborted the landing 3yrs ago into SeaTac like 50ft from the tarmac, did another loop and landed. Half the plane clapped.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post

I was on a flight that aborted the landing 3yrs ago into SeaTac like 50ft from the tarmac, did another loop and landed. Half the plane clapped.
    The same happens when the plane manages to take of from Castlegar BC in the winter.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

they still clap when landing at the Jackson Hole airport. it’s frequently a rough approach/landing
    skid luxury

That's always made me want to kill someone. It's probably second only to people clapping at the end of movies in a theater for annoyingness to me. Scratch that. Clapping when the very slowest athlete in a race finishes is the worst.

It's especially silly because we can't hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    The same happens when the plane manages to take of from Castlegar BC in the winter.
    I bet that’s sketchy in winter. The approach would be pretty sketchy anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    speakin of sex with nerds
    hows the former mrs. profane doing bunny?
    remarry a wealthy politician
    that would sure explain the hard on
    Jezuz, you nasty old hippie motherfucker. With dirty nails. Die soon.

Kodiak and Cusco both suck IMO.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

A lot of people have made new friends when the plane gets canceled and they get together to rent a car to drive to Kelowna
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I'm not saying that everything is necessarily on the up-and-up, but it certainly isn't clear that there's anything shady going on either based on her worth. You seem to think everyone who has money is shady and that's not true. Being rich doesn't automatically make you a bad person.
    No, I'm just saying that rich politicians are extremely shady.

Name some examples of Poor Politicians.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    AOC and she gets ridiculed for it.

I don't care if they're stinking rich or dirt poor just do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    No, I'm just saying that rich politicians are extremely shady.
    I agree. They're bored, they're looking for something to do, and they end up just protecting their friends' interests.

In Montana we're about to get one of those for governor.

Surprisingly, Biden was scraping by just until he left the White House. Then he did the book/speaking tour thing. God, that is a lucrative source of income. Hillary and Bill broke that trail.

Clapping when the planes lands
    Clapping when the waitstaff drops dishes

Thumbs down to people who do this

Benny should write a book.

Maybe his mom would buy it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Benny should write a book.

Maybe his mom would buy it?
    "Life as a Local:
    The memoir of a WOMIL*"

*White Old Man in Lycra

Here's some aviation lingo:

If an airplane doesn't land because there's something on the runway or it's too close to the aircraft in front of it, that's called a "go around". Examples would be (from the tower) "Cactus 123, pull up and go around" or (pilot initiated) "That fucker isn't going to clear the runway in time", "Yeah, shit. Go around, flap fifteen"

If a go around is caused by the weather, that's generally called a "missed approach". For instance, when communicating with dispatch, "We missed in SEA, so we're proceeding to PDX" or during recurrent training, "Everything was going great until the missed approach where all hell broke loose!"

/geek

Donald J. Trump, soon.

Floridumb football coach tests positive. This after he said he wanted 90,000 fans at today’s LSU game in the Swamp (was cancelled).

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Here's some aviation lingo:

If an airplane doesn't land because there's something on the runway or it's too close to the aircraft in front of it, that's called a "go around". Examples would be (from the tower) "Cactus 123, pull up and go around" or (pilot initiated) "That fucker isn't going to clear the runway in time", "Yeah, shit. Go around, flap fifteen"

If a go around is caused by the weather, that's generally called a "missed approach". For instance, when communicating with dispatch, "We missed in SEA, so we're proceeding to PDX" or during recurrent training, "Everything was going great until the missed approach where all hell broke loose!"

/geek
    Yea this was wind, plane was about to touch down and went a little sideways so they pulled up.

For a passenger that shit is scary, especially when you have a 2yr old in your lap. I imagine for the crew it’s SOP. Or at least I’d like to think.