Page 1222 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 ... LastLast
Results 30,526 to 30,550 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Hunh, it’s almost like there are still people engaging in science.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6947e2.htm
    We already established masks work in Kansas, South Korea, and Japan. But strangely enough, the non mask counties in Kansas still have fewer cases than masked counties.

Thanksgiving and Christmas are both going to be solo holidays for me this year. There are worse ways to spend a holiday than eating turkey and cranberry sauce in front of the wood stove in your underwear.

Sweden is doing fine, the media has a hard on for them.
    Name:  EmaJtBWXIAEn_zY.jpeg
Views: 667
Size:  75.0 KB
    Name:  EmaJta8XUAYvEkh.jpeg
Views: 676
Size:  87.4 KB

please remember, no quoting the morons.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1606061590.460849.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	302.0 KB 
ID:	349224

Quote Originally Posted by Casey E View Post
    Where there is a will....

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/sno...d-19-1.5810104

“New business ventures help Canadian snowbirds circumvent a closed U.S. land border”
    When asked about helping snowbirds go south during the pandemic, McElroy said he's happy to help them escape winter.

"You never know how long this is gonna go on for. You got to enjoy your life."
    Sigh.

Bandini needs to get over here and start throwin' up his excellent fail GIFs for RJ.

An obtuse simpleton can’t understand that the ‘no mask’ counties in Kansas would have EVEN FEWER cases if they had worn masks.

(Sorry people, but I didn’t quote him)
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Is that the Sadies of Sadies Salsa in a jar you can buy at the store? The Hot Salsa is MUY BUENO!!!
    Most likely yes... but the stuff from the just taste different than the fresh stuff... the fresh one varies from day to day depending on how hot the chilly is that day. But in a pinch, a jar will do just fine...

B.C. is hurting too

https://www.facebook.com/510878373/p...502623374/?d=n

Seeing BC’s numbers, talking with people, and hearing what a lot of the discussions are, I felt compelled to write, or say something. Why? It seems almost everyone now has a “totally informed” opinion on how the government should be handling this (I wasn’t aware how many experts and epidemiologists were in our midst!) or people think what’s happening right now is an “overreaction”.

Some thoughts from me as a paramedic on the front lines... Pause for a moment and hear me out. Our numbers are not good. In BC, across Canada, and North America, we need to do better. We have so many more months to go in this pandemic before a vaccine is widespread, and we are also at the beginning of cold and flu season. To be blunt, your first responders and healthcare workers are tired, and getting burnt out.

COVID has been a reality for us, everyday, for 8 months. You may be thinking “I’m tired of this as well! It’s been a reality for me too! I wear a mask in stores! I was really good about the lockdown this spring! I even cheered for you at 7:00pm! And we know so much more now about it, and a vaccine is so close.”

But I’m talking about seeing it firsthand, and all the ways this virus is wreaking havoc on our healthcare jobs. The mental load of constantly changing protocols as the newest research comes out, trying to keep your practice up to date and adapt to the new information, sometimes multiple times in a week. Dealing with patients who are sicker than they have ever been in their life, and you know they are sick before you even speak to them because you see the fear in their eyes. Knowing that nothing at the hospital and nothing you carry in your kit will treat or cure this disease. Wearing PPE through summer heat and physically exerting calls - imagine wearing a plastic garbage bag over your clothing and a respirator strapped to your face and a plastic shield over that, that’s fogging up your vision while fighting to save someone’s life. Trying to be comforting when a patient asks you “it’s not COVID, right?”, but you both know it likely is. Manically wiping everything down after contact with a COVID suspect patient, hoping you remember every spot they touched. and then anxiously replaying it all in your head for weeks after, monitoring your body for any sign of sickness.

You think you’re tired of this? Put yourself in our shoes.

Please, don’t say to me, “but the economy matters, we can’t just lockdown again”. If the economy was the most important thing to me, I wouldn’t be working in a job that is about patient care and public health. And if the economy really does matter to you, remember what it was like this spring, or things WILL get worse. It’s time to go back to FaceTime hangouts, cooking meals at home or getting take out/delivery (support small business!), and sticking to only your household group. Put on a mask if you have to go out. Stay home as much as you can/if you can, and wash your hands.

I’ll be honest, I also haven’t been the best! I’ve enjoyed my summer and fall; seeing some friends again, going out shopping, enjoying a meal out, and yes, letting my guard down for that hug from that person I’ve really missed. But it’s time once again to reign it in.

Finally…please please please, check in on your friends and family, and especially those that are working the front lines. These are tough times. Listen to them. Be understanding and not questioning, and let’s try not to enter into debate with each other right now.

I’m not looking for praise here. It’s not like every patient I care for is COVID positive or suspect. I’m thinking of the nurses and doctors and all the other staff who are working 24/7 in the ICUs and COVID wards right now. The respiratory therapists. The cleaners. Every person who is putting themselves even more at risk than I am to serve others. Let’s think of those people and support them by doing our part.

Feel free to share this post.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Was in town at the farmers market this morning. The shaded half was in the low 40* and sunny side was mid-50* and no air circulation. I had full mask/eye glasses failure. Constant fog. Makes me concerned about mask/glasses interface.

What are your secrets. Dried dish soap, cat crap brand stuff, etc?
    Mask up under glasses as Makers said, plus a snug fitting nose wire.

B.C. is hurting too

Seeing BC’s numbers, talking with people, and hearing what a lot of the discussions are, I felt compelled to write, or say something. Why? It seems almost everyone now has a “totally informed” opinion on how the government should be handling this (I wasn’t aware how many experts and epidemiologists were in our midst!) or people think what’s happening right now is an “overreaction”.

Some thoughts from me as a paramedic on the front lines... Pause for a moment and hear me out. Our numbers are not good. In BC, across Canada, and North America, we need to do better. We have so many more months to go in this pandemic before a vaccine is widespread, and we are also at the beginning of cold and flu season. To be blunt, your first responders and healthcare workers are tired, and getting burnt out.

COVID has been a reality for us, everyday, for 8 months. You may be thinking “I’m tired of this as well! It’s been a reality for me too! I wear a mask in stores! I was really good about the lockdown this spring! I even cheered for you at 7:00pm! And we know so much more now about it, and a vaccine is so close.”

But I’m talking about seeing it firsthand, and all the ways this virus is wreaking havoc on our healthcare jobs. The mental load of constantly changing protocols as the newest research comes out, trying to keep your practice up to date and adapt to the new information, sometimes multiple times in a week. Dealing with patients who are sicker than they have ever been in their life, and you know they are sick before you even speak to them because you see the fear in their eyes. Knowing that nothing at the hospital and nothing you carry in your kit will treat or cure this disease. Wearing PPE through summer heat and physically exerting calls - imagine wearing a plastic garbage bag over your clothing and a respirator strapped to your face and a plastic shield over that, that’s fogging up your vision while fighting to save someone’s life. Trying to be comforting when a patient asks you “it’s not COVID, right?”, but you both know it likely is. Manically wiping everything down after contact with a COVID suspect patient, hoping you remember every spot they touched. and then anxiously replaying it all in your head for weeks after, monitoring your body for any sign of sickness.

You think you’re tired of this? Put yourself in our shoes.

Please, don’t say to me, “but the economy matters, we can’t just lockdown again”. If the economy was the most important thing to me, I wouldn’t be working in a job that is about patient care and public health. And if the economy really does matter to you, remember what it was like this spring, or things WILL get worse. It’s time to go back to FaceTime hangouts, cooking meals at home or getting take out/delivery (support small business!), and sticking to only your household group. Put on a mask if you have to go out. Stay home as much as you can/if you can, and wash your hands.

I’ll be honest, I also haven’t been the best! I’ve enjoyed my summer and fall; seeing some friends again, going out shopping, enjoying a meal out, and yes, letting my guard down for that hug from that person I’ve really missed. But it’s time once again to reign it in.

Finally…please please please, check in on your friends and family, and especially those that are working the front lines. These are tough times. Listen to them. Be understanding and not questioning, and let’s try not to enter into debate with each other right now.

I’m not looking for praise here. It’s not like every patient I care for is COVID positive or suspect. I’m thinking of the nurses and doctors and all the other staff who are working 24/7 in the ICUs and COVID wards right now. The respiratory therapists. The cleaners. Every person who is putting themselves even more at risk than I am to serve others. Let’s think of those people and support them by doing our part.

Feel free to share this post.
    Word.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

B.C. is hurting too

Thanks for posting that

Well said Casey.

An obtuse simpleton can’t understand that the ‘no mask’ counties in Kansas would have EVEN FEWER cases if they had worn masks.

(Sorry people, but I didn’t quote him)
    An obtuse simpleton can't understand that his study doesn't say that. It only finds a correlation, not a cause.

Well duh, Einstein, but still doesn’t favor your position.
    But what can one expect from an “up is down, left is right, what you see is not what is real” chaos agent?
    Bullshit is what you can expect, that’s what.
    Do you need some cliff’s notes to understand the pee-jeans analogy?
    Because it’s pretty arcane.
    Next you will say ‘Arsenic is good for you!’ To some seven year olds, and call it ‘alternative facts’.
    Do you enjoy being kicked in the ass repeatedly, like hundreds of times?
    Because that is all your participation here is doing, making you look the fool .

Name:  preview-_1_.jpg
Views: 818
Size:  53.8 KB
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    please remember, no quoting the morons.
    Where does that Sweden garbage come from? Am I allowed to point out the faulty math and faulty reasoning?

Using a 20 year average to project a declining trend?
    Expected deaths over 10 months already sum to more greater than any of the recent prior full years, with 2 months to go?
    Liar liar pants on fire
    There's 15,000 excess deaths hidden by the faulty (deceptive?) reasoning, probably will be more given recent Covid acceleration.

Well duh, Einstein, but still doesn’t favor your position.
    But what can one expect from an “up is down, left is right, what you see is not what is real” chaos agent?
    Bullshit is what you can expect, that’s what.
    Do you need some cliff’s notes to understand the pee-jeans analogy?
    Because it’s pretty arcane.
    Next you will say ‘Arsenic is good for you!’ To some seven year olds, and call it ‘alternative facts’.
    Do you enjoy being kicked in the ass repeatedly, like hundreds of times?
    Because that is all your participation here is doing, making you look the fool .
    What doesn't favor your position is the entire world. Selecting certain a certain location that supports your premise while ignoring locations that don't is called cherry picking.

Pee jeans is stupid. It's entirely possible masks can help block virus particles AND be ineffective at preventing spread at the same time.

Amazing you think you think you have kicked me in the ass hundreds of times. Literally every time you actually try to engage with me you fall flat on your face.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Where does that Sweden garbage come from? Am I allowed to point out the faulty math and faulty reasoning?

Using a 20 year average to project a declining trend?
    Expected deaths over 10 months already sum to more greater than any of the recent prior full years, with 2 months to go?
    Liar liar pants on fire
    There's 15,000 excess deaths hidden by the faulty (deceptive?) reasoning, probably will be more given recent Covid acceleration.
    It says where it comes from.

The graph is from Jan - Oct for all years.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...rrk-WmnXhMpigY

the "dick in ear " mandatory masking signs on BC ferries, the designer, the sign maker, worker who put up the signs ... how was this not discovered until they were posted everywhere ?

the corp is just going to leave them up and change them out in time
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    What doesn't favor your position is the entire world. Selecting certain a certain location that supports your premise while ignoring locations that don't is called cherry picking.

Pee jeans is stupid. It's entirely possible masks can help block virus particles AND be ineffective at preventing spread at the same time.

Amazing you think you think you have kicked me in the ass hundreds of times. Literally every time you actually try to engage with me you fall flat on your face.
    The rest of the world, and the entire scientific community ENDORSE MASKS.
    Self delusion is a sad, sad trait.
    Sorry you can’t see yourself as the rest of the world sees you.
    We are all mocking you, sally.
    Is blue red today?
    2+2=3?

In spite of 80% of people in Japan wearing masks when in close-range conversations, they are still still seeing a spike so maybe the trolls are onto something:

Attachment 349263

Never mind — masks when worn in the appropriate situations and when used in conjunction with other control measures do in fact work. Per capita US-Japan cases chart (Japan's total COVID deaths are less than 2,000):

Attachment 349265

That was exactly my point about the Kansas study. In no places do wearing masks have a negative outcome, so why not just fucking wear them?
    Do they cause butt-hurt snowflake cancer?
    Because it really just seems like that is what is afflicting RJ if he is remotely real.
    But I can’t imagine he actually is, because that would be truly pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    In spite of 80% of people in Japan wearing masks when in close-range conversations, they are still still seeing a spike so maybe the trolls are onto something:

Attachment 349263

Never mind — masks when worn in the appropriate situations and when used in conjunction with other control measures do in fact work. Per capita US-Japan cases chart (Japan's total COVID deaths are less than 2,000):

Attachment 349265
    You almost had me there.