Page 882 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 ... LastLast
Results 22,026 to 22,050 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Nah, she never had it to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Sadly in the US it might be an EMTALA violation to deny service for mask refusal without doing a medical screening exam.

Video in the ED is a privacy no go though.
    Medical screening exam for a broken finger should be pretty quick. But yeah.

I was feeling nostalgic for the early days of the pandemic--when it was ok to be close to people, eat dinner with people, not wear mask--but you weren't supposed to shake anyone's hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Rob Katz doesn't care about mountain bikers.

Biking is nothing but a loss leader in his mind.

Fuck Vail Resorts.

Keystone Beta: you can bike up service roads and there is a "bike at your own risk" sign in the base area, but there are "no uphill biking" signs at every intersection going up (as there normally would be) but "trail closed to bikes" signs at every trail going down. They are easily ignored. The fallen trees on the trails are less easily ignored, although some of them are mysteriously being cleared. At 2360ft of vert, one Keystone lap is all I got in me instead of 4-5 lift served laps. Makes me want an emtb.
    "
    Yeah, it's weird. You'd think they'd try just to see how things might go this winter. This is the first time I've ever seen closed signs at CB. Sounds like Keystone, you just go around them. I've always pedaled and never purchased a pass anyway, but still has me worried about Vail since we're still pretty new to the Vail thing here.

Vail destroyed most of the canyons bike park last year to add more beginner skiing. The few trails left are hardly being maintained. At Park City, they are only selling bike haul season passes to epic pass holders this year. I'm surprised they haven't figured out a way to limit access to their trails yet.

Fuck Vail indeed.

Another crisis actor dies. Boy, those fakers are really going all out.

Nick Cordero, Broadway actor, dies at 41 after battle with Covid-19
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I started refusing to sign with the 'community pens' recently and almost had the police called on me for it yesterday when I tried to walk out. The guy before me wiped his nose after sneezing and had the pen in his hand when he wiped. Even delivery people come up to the door with one so you can sign for dinner after they take the card over the phone. The cc companies need to do away with this requirement.
    I just tell them to sign it for me. No one’s refused.

95 days and an amputated leg. That's commitment right there.

Obviously N95 doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    It’s got zinc.
    So you know it’s good.
    But does it got electrolytes?
    'Cuz that's what plants crave.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Fucking depressing. Did he have any “comorbidities”? I haven’t read of any. 41....man.

Dude's wife is a fitness instructor, I'm sure he was pretty fit, looks like a regular healthy guy. Tough to find a pigeonhole to stuff it into so I don't have to think about it but I'll keep trying I guess. RIP. Best to his family.

None of us are gonna know without actually having the medical record, but based on what we've been seeing, I'm gonna guess that his "comorbidity" was simply an otherwise normally functioning immune system that, for whatever reason, went haywire when reacting to SARS Cov2 viremia.

Amputation prolly from a thrombotic event (blood clot) that killed circulation to the leg. Lungs prolly destroyed by widespread micro (or macro) thrombotic events. Subsequent badness (infections, etc) from end-organ destruction and inability to recover from them, despite the patient being otherwise young and healthy. This is only my edjumakated guess, so take my speculation with a healthy grain of salt.

I've mentioned several times upthread my belief that there is an autoimmune-mediated hyperthrombotic phenomenon whereby COVID19 kills many of the younger "healthier" patients (and likely older, sicker patients as well). My guess has been a form of catastrophic antiphospholipid antibody syndrome (CAPS), and indeed there's some clinical evidence that this might be the case.

The American Society of Hematology has a regularly updated precis regarding clinical thinking in the field.

Or, as KQ /s tates and QAnon folks like jgb or skoug prolly believe, dude could just be a crisis actor, and is actually still alive, being sequestered away with a new identity bankrolled by George Soros and Bill Gates.

... kept alive by druid virgins
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

House next to us rented last week to 4 cars worth of people. 80+ year old Owner was in today, cleaned for about 15 minutes, this afternoon several carloads of young guys moved in. Doesn't bother me unless they get too loud but the people they infect when they get back to wherever they came from might mind.

But the rules changed. They are saying direct lung to lung only now. That’s what I was asking about previously. Makes no sense to me, but that’s what I read.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    ... kept alive by druid virgins
    Where can I sign up for this crisis actor thing? Maybe throw in some hot illuminati strippers.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Where can I sign up for this crisis actor thing? Maybe throw in some hot illuminati strippers.
    Do they have good blow?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    House next to us rented last week to 4 cars worth of people. 80+ year old Owner was in today, cleaned for about 15 minutes, this afternoon several carloads of young guys moved in. Doesn't bother me unless they get too loud but the people they infect when they get back to wherever they came from might mind.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 8.43.59 AM.png
Views: 621
Size:  706.0 KB
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    But the rules changed. They are saying direct lung to lung only now. That’s what I was asking about previously. Makes no sense to me, but that’s what I read.
    The evidence that airborne transmission is important and is likely the most common mode of transmission is strong but I doubt it is the only means. In any case, it seems that the virus can linger in the air for some time. So if the first group in the house filled it with virus, the second group is likely breathing it. Not to mention transmission within both groups--neither looks like a single household.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The evidence that airborne transmission is important and is likely the most common mode of transmission is strong but I doubt it is the only means. In any case, it seems that the virus can linger in the air for some time. So if the first group in the house filled it with virus, the second group is likely breathing it. Not to mention transmission within both groups--neither looks like a single household.
    What’s some time? 3 hours? 6 hours? A day?

^^^ and opening doors/windows... wouldn't the cross ventilation clear things out quickly?

Local post offfice today, staff not wearing masks. I just wanted to drop off and GTFO, counter lady yacking with customer in front of me. An old lady got in line behind me with no mask and she was crowding my marked space on the floor so I kept moving away, she kept crowding me. I was about to ask her stop, but she gave up and then it was finally my turn at the counter. 30 seconds later I was out. They should be set up to handle this. Stop penalizing the post office and run it like the government service it should be.

In the Safeway checkout line the other day. Pretty good mask quotient in the store, and staff masked up. Good.

In front of me is a middle-aged woman and her elderly mother. She goes into a long explanation to her mom about how the mask she has on her face (but under her chin), is her favorite. "It does this and has this and is the best one I've worn yet." It never came up over her chin. WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    What’s some time? 3 hours? 6 hours? A day?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    ^^^ and opening doors/windows... wouldn't the cross ventilation clear things out quickly?
    As long as there isn't an infectious person in close proximity opening a window dramatically lowers the risk because it increases the number of air exchanges per hour. The presence of viral RNA in a room does not necessarily mean there's a high risk of transmission.*

The recent media coverage about small particles and whether to call those particles aerosols is nothing new and has more to do with scientific definitions. If a person is in a closed space, a crowded place, or in close-contact with an infectious person then the distinction between airborne vs droplet transmission is mostly academic.

The distinction comes into play with a truly airborne virus like the measles that can remain airborne for several hours after an infectious person leaves a room—which does not appear to be the case with the coronavirus, but it's not some binary thing either.

* Exaggerated risk of transmission of COVID-19 by fomites: "In my opinion, the chance of transmission through inanimate surfaces is very small, and only in instances where an infected person coughs or sneezes on the surface, and someone else touches that surface soon after the cough or sneeze (within 1–2 h). I do not disagree with erring on the side of caution, but this can go to extremes not justified by the data. Although periodically disinfecting surfaces and use of gloves are reasonable precautions especially in hospitals, I believe that fomites that have not been in contact with an infected carrier for many hours do not pose a measurable risk of transmission in non-hospital settings."

https://www.thelancet.com/action/sho...2820%2930561-2
    Last edited by MultiVerse; 07-06-2020 at 03:58 PM.

Name:  QXOqDh8.png
Views: 607
Size:  883.6 KB