Page 1253 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 ... LastLast
Results 31,301 to 31,325 of 41810
    some^^ very nice people i'm sure ... who fly

in vancover they found covid completely missed the down town eastside where all the drug addicts hang out, some of the worst realestate in north america

3 american heli skiers in 3 different bc heli ops
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Fuck.

Father in law took a fall in the nursing home this morning. Currently sitting in the ambulance outside the ER for 90 minutes and counting because the ER is full. No ETA on getting him in. Pretty clear signs he has a concussion and potential spinal damage according to the nursing home staff.

Welcome to the new reality folks. Don't get hurt, ER's won't be able to help you and ambulance's won't be there to scrape you off the street.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Dammit that sucks. Sorry to hear that, DJ. Hope you can get him the help he needs stat. Might be time to go full Karen on those mofos if they keep making him wait any longer.

FWIW, ER's have ALWAYS had terrible wait times IME. Was in Bozeman though, which is notorious for shitty service, so there's that. Seriously. Screw those guys. Thought my wife was gonna die, but they chose to take their sweet ass time. Had to get bent out of shape at some staff to get shit done. Best of luck and raise some hell if you need to.
    JFC this is embarrassing to read. Did you speak to the ER manager? You haven’t given much detail but I’m guessing they didn’t “get shit done” because your wife needed it in a timely fashion - they did it because they did the math and figured it would prevent further bullshit behavior (“go full Karen on those mofos”) from the husband. It seems like you’re proud though. Hope your wife is ok.

Hey everybody look at me. I can be an a hole IRL too. What I read.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    in vancover they found covid completely missed the down town eastside where all the drug addicts hang out, some of the worst realestate in north america
    Pfft.

6 maybe 7 Ogdens at most!

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Welcome to the new reality folks. Don't get hurt, ER's won't be able to help you and ambulance's won't be there to scrape you off the street.
    Sigh.
    Dood. Shit. Vibes.

Sobering, after having just gotten excited about putting snow tires on my homemade moped to commute on snow/ice.

I hate this!

I want to hug people again. I want to be thoughtless and reckless and absentminded again....without it hurting anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Wisconsin’s maximum security prison shutting down due to 120 guards with Covid. Murderers and rapists being transferred to less secure facilities.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Even the father rapers?

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Here in Mass. daily cases have been falling steadily for about 10 days and are at about 60% of the recent peak number but the positive testing percentage has been going up. I'm wondering how those two facts go together. Perhaps cases aren't being reported? Or maybe the testing is better and is simply catching a higher percentage of a shrinking number? How would you see this?
    As others have said--not enough testing

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    While I despise how the term "herd immunity" has been thrown around during this pandemic, you do have to wonder- at what point do the 8.3 million+ people who've recovered from the virus start playing a role? Sure as hell ain't going to stop the flow, but at some point it will grow to a large-enough that it'll start impacting transmission rates.
    Natural herd immunity? A few million deaths from now

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    You were pretty all-in on this at the time: https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_relea...-yrc100220.php

It doesn't rise to the level of microchipping, pizzagate or 5G, but let's not forget that Steve Bannon was the one pushing that story.
    I certainly brought it up. Not going to deny that. Stories like that are certainly worth looking into IMO. However, once I realized there wasn't much substance to it and some of you guys made some good points to the contrary, I dropped it and haven't pushed it any further.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Hey everybody look at me. I can be an a hole IRL too. What I read.
    Once had an ER nurse who used to work in one of the non-ER jobs say to me, " 90% of the ER patients are aholes, 10% are angels."
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    JFC this is embarrassing to read. Did you speak to the ER manager? You haven’t given much detail but I’m guessing they didn’t “get shit done” because your wife needed it in a timely fashion - they did it because they did the math and figured it would prevent further bullshit behavior (“go full Karen on those mofos”) from the husband. It seems like you’re proud though. Hope your wife is ok.
    You must not be familiar with Bozeman Deaconess (now "Bozeman Health"). They are notoriously terrible. I'll spare you the gory details but I'll just say that night they were mostly empty, plenty staffed up, yet we got ignored for like an hour, for what we learned later was a no shit emergency with a very high fatality rate if not treated immediately.

There's an old local joke that goes something like if you need to go the ER in the Bozeman area, just keeeeeep on driving until you get to Billings. They have quite the reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Even the father rapers?
    Are they from the “Group W Bench?”

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post

Natural herd immunity? A few million deaths from now
    I have heard of people catching Covid twice so I don't think people develop herd immunity with Covid,

I think we are waiting for a vaccine
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I have heard of people catching Covid twice so I don't think people develop herd immunity with Covid,

The number seems to be very small. There was a good article in the spin doctoring thread, which seems to have disappeared (the thread). Basically in a large group --I think in the thousands--no recurrence within the 6m study period. The article was more complicated than that but that was the gist.

I think there have only been a handful of documented cases of dual infection in many millions of cases, but I’m not sure?
    Any of you know these figures?

EDIT: OG Beat me to it.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    You must not be familiar with Bozeman Deaconess (now "Bozeman Health"). They are notoriously terrible. I'll spare you the gory details but I'll just say that night they were mostly empty, plenty staffed up, yet we got ignored for like an hour, for what we learned later was a no shit emergency with a very high fatality rate if not treated immediately.

There's an old local joke that goes something like if you need to go the ER in the Bozeman area, just keeeeeep on driving until you get to Billings. They have quite the reputation.
    A lot of things that turn out to be emergencies don’t present that way at first. Not saying that was your situation though - you don’t have to go into details - but lots of serious medical situations can start out with not so serious symptoms - and in those cases those patients will likely be triaged to an area to wait their turn.

The 99% of those patients who end up not having something serious won’t have a story to tell. The 1% who did have a serious condition in the end will scream “hey! I waited an hour and it was something bad this is bullshit!”

But what you’re describing (a not busy ER and concerning “‘my wife is gonna die” symptoms) is a different story. If the staff are busy taking breaks and watching youtube videos you have a right to be mad.

Just keep in mind - patients and family members getting inappropriately angry to move themselves up the triage is part of what leaves elderly family members like DJ’s being stuck in the parking lot awaiting care (again to be clear I’m not saying this is what *you* did in your situation)

Herd immunity didn’t seem to work for polio or smallpox.

It's been in this thread already, but in case OG's trying not to bump the thread on the Great Ignore list, here's that study:

https://www.research.ox.ac.uk/Articl...ast-six-months

During the study, 89 of 11,052 staff without antibodies developed a new infection with symptoms. None of the 1246 staff with antibodies developed a symptomatic infection. Staff with antibodies were also less likely to test positive for COVID-19 without symptoms, 76 staff without antibodies tested positive compared to just 3 with antibodies. The three healthcare workers with antibodies who tested positive for the virus that causes COVID-19 were all well and did not develop symptoms of COVID-19 again.

Sustained Herd Immunity NEVER emerges in large interacting populations through acquired immunity solely via recovery from natural infection. Period. Only vaccines do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Sustained Herd Immunity NEVER emerges in large interacting populations through acquired immunity solely via recovery from natural infection. Period. Only vaccines do that.
    Ima listen to Summit on this one....
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

https://podcast.app/the-next-three-s...m_medium=share

Worth the listen. Slavitt interview of Ashish Jha, Dean of Brown School of Public Health, discussing expectations of life in the US over the next year.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreak...tm_medium=mweb

We all need a good laugh sometimes.

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

As if we didn't have enough to worry about.

What are the chances that a nation state or bad actor type tries to fuck with the vaccine roll outs?

Sleep well.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreak...tm_medium=mweb

We all need a good laugh sometimes.

fuck yah!

So now we’re up to 7 or 8 people in our office out with COVID. NICE