Page 1511 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 ... LastLast
Results 37,751 to 37,775 of 41810
    Fine. If you want to talk about risk, then come back with statistics. And, from what I've read, hardly any reasonably healthy young person is going on a vent, vax or no vax.

Give me numbers. It's been two years

> 800,000 Americans have taken that bet and lost, do you feel lucky ?

well do ya punk ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    > 800,000 Americans have taken that bet and lost, do you feel lucky ?

well do ya punk ?
    And there you go. A CNN spokesperson chimes in.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Fine. If you want to talk about risk, then come back with statistics. And, from what I've read, hardly any reasonably healthy young person is going on a vent, vax or no vax.

How old are you Bernie?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...vid-by-age-us/
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Pffft. Almost all of those people have filled a prescription in their lives. We are talking about healthy people.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbowski View Post
    Pffft. Almost all of those people have filled a prescription in their lives. We are talking about healthy people.
    Unless you are some unhealthy anti-med freak, you’ve had a prescription for something.

Entitled boomer demands service!

Hints that maybe the person’s asthma wasn’t mild - this after his prediction of them being obese was refuted.

Keep going bunny. You’re on a hot streak. Keep telling those front line workers that they’re not allowed to post any story or anecdote here - only population level stats that support your understanding

Over 50,000 Americans under age 45 have died of COVID.
    https://data.cdc.gov/widgets/9bhg-hc..._redirect=true

You may not give a shit about them, but their families sure as fuck do.

...and those are just the dead ones, others may have long term issues still.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Entitled boomer demands service!

Hints that maybe the person’s asthma wasn’t mild - this after his prediction of them being obese was refuted.

Keep going bunny. You’re on a hot streak. Keep telling those front line workers that they’re not allowed to post any story or anecdote here - only population level stats that support your understanding

As usual, you have nothing.

As usual, you have nothing.
    You should ask to speak to the manager if you’re not getting what you ordered! The greatest generation demands service!

You should ask to speak to the manager if you’re not getting what you ordered! The greatest generation demands service!
    if by service you mean cleansing of the “unfit”

which in his book includes asthma

Hey Bunny - look up for us if asthma is a major risk factor for bad covid outcomes. Do it. I demand it. Show us the stats (since demanding evidence is appropriate behavior to you)

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Over 50,000 Americans under age 45 have died of COVID.
    https://data.cdc.gov/widgets/9bhg-hc..._redirect=true

You may not give a shit about them, but their families sure as fuck do.

...and those are just the dead ones, others may have long term issues still.
    What's the population of America? 330 million. What's 50,000? .015% of that population. More die in auto accidents. Probably a lot more young people there.

But thanks for the number. I know it's incredibly small, but good to have those numbers out there. And, of course, emphasize that most are unvaxxed.

which in his book includes asthma

Hey Bunny - look up for us if asthma is a major risk factor for bad covid outcomes. Do it. I demand it. Show us the stats (since demanding evidence is appropriate behavior to you)
    You should cut back on your drinking. Seriously. You'll live longer and healthier.

Guess if you're not healthy, then your life isn't worth protecting. Got it.

Bunny ... assuming you care about ALL young people, ANYWHERE, then here are the numbers (which took exactly 5 mins to find btw).

The CDC breaks deaths by age into roughly 10-year increments. If we include age groups 0-17 and 18-29 as "young people," then there are been ~5,600 deaths attributed to covid. That's horrific. If we extrapolate that to the world, the number is more like ~31,000.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ekly/index.htm

You should cut back on your drinking. Seriously. You'll live longer and healthier.
    “As usual, you have nothing.”

You’re scared to even go look.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Guess if you're not healthy, then your life isn't worth protecting. Got it.

Bunny ... assuming you care about ALL young people, ANYWHERE, then here are the numbers (which took exactly 5 mins to find btw).

The CDC breaks deaths by age into roughly 10-year increments. If we include age groups 0-17 and 18-29 as "young people," then there are been ~5,600 deaths attributed to covid. That's horrific. If we extrapolate that to the world, the number is more like ~31,000.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ekly/index.htm
    Oh cmon. 5600 deaths are not "horrific". Stop that. JFC. Where was everybody when we bombed that many people to pink mist in Iraq in like, a month? Now that was horrific. This isn't. It's a virus, relatively mild in the history of pandemics, which is a very long and numerous count of population clearing diseases. We've been lucky for a century of easy border crossings to avoid a good one, lucky us, but, here we are. This is hardly as horrific as cholera or black plague or yellow fever or malaria or TB or extreme flus. And now we live in a time with an incredible amount of old people still alive, the numbers of which have never occurred in history. If Covid hit a century ago, there would barely be any deaths, because the prime victims were already dead. Now we have an old, fat, poorly fed herd of Boomers getting nailed. Such is life.

Oh cmon. 5600 deaths are not "horrific". Stop that. JFC. Where was everybody when we bombed that many people to pink mist in Iraq in like, a month? Now that was horrific. This isn't. It's a virus, relatively mild in the history of pandemics, which is a very long and numerous count of population clearing diseases. We've been lucky for a century of easy border crossings to avoid a good one, lucky us, but, here we are. This is hardly as horrific as cholera or black plague or yellow fever or malaria or TB or extreme flus. And now we live in a time with an incredible amount of old people still alive, the numbers of which have never occurred in history. If Covid hit a century ago, there would barely be any deaths, because the prime victims were dead. Now we have an old, fat, poorly fed herd of Boomers getting nailed. Such is life.
    Who the fuck knows where to start with this drivel. I hope you'll excuse me if I don't take epidemiology, public healthy policy or even moral advice from your stupid ass. You've either never lost someone you loved or you have and it scared you so deeply that you're now a bitter old fool. In either case, I kinda feel badly for you.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Oh cmon. 5600 deaths are not "horrific". Stop that. JFC. Where was everybody when we bombed that many people to pink mist in Iraq in like, a month? Now that was horrific. This isn't. It's a virus, relatively mild in the history of pandemics, which is a very long and numerous count of population clearing diseases. We've been lucky for a century of easy border crossings to avoid a good one, lucky us, but, here we are. This is hardly as horrific as cholera or black plague or yellow fever or malaria or TB or extreme flus. And now we live in a time with an incredible amount of old people still alive, the numbers of which have never occurred in history. If Covid hit a century ago, there would barely be any deaths, because the prime victims were already dead. Now we have an old, fat, poorly fed herd of Boomers getting nailed. Such is life.
    The US lost a top 20 US city’s worth of people in less than 2 yrs

That is historically significant
    And it isn’t over
    Only heart disease & cancer are worse per annum
    And we have not demonstrated the ability to control it well enough to relegate it to a minor malady

Here Bunny - I know it’s late for you so I’ll get you started

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full...3.2021.1888116

Asthma and risk of infection, hospitalization, ICU admission and mortality from COVID-19: Systematic review and meta-analysis

The findings from this study suggest that the prevalence of people with asthma among COVID-19 patients is similar to the global prevalence of asthma. The overall findings suggest that people with asthma have a lower risk than those without asthma for acquiring COVID-19 and have similar clinical outcomes.

What's the population of America? 330 million. What's 50,000? .015% of that population. More die in auto accidents. Probably a lot more young people there.
    In 2019, 19,517 people aged 0-44 died in automobile accidents in the USA. In 2018 it was 19,923.

https://injuryfacts.nsc.org/motor-ve...-by-age-group/

Unless Bunny is having a sundowning episode I don’t expect we’ll hear from him anymore tonight.

Why are you guys arguing with Benny. He's a smart guy. Do you think he actually believes what he's spouting?

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Who the fuck knows where to start with this drivel. I hope you'll excuse me if I don't take epidemiology, public healthy policy or even moral advice from your stupid ass. You've either never lost someone you loved or you have and it scared you so deeply that you're now a bitter old fool. In either case, I kinda feel badly for you.
    Or, third choice, he’s just being an asshole.

Apparently Benny’s been following Marjorie Taylor Greene on Twitter pretty closely. Unfortunately, her account got yanked, permenantly.
    The congresswoman’s verified personal account had been temporarily suspended two times over the summer. In July, she lost access for 12 hours after falsely claiming that the coronavirus was “not dangerous for non-obese people and those under 65.”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...er-suspension/

Benny, you might still be able to get her take on things from OAN, or maybe Fox News.