Page 1336 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 ... LastLast
Results 33,376 to 33,400 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Why CA has been fucking up vaccination--too complicated prioritization, overwhelmed health care system, bad software, etc
    https://www.sacbee.com/news/coronavi...mainstage_lead

Trump admin announced it would release all remaining doses in the federal stockpile, echoing Joe Biden---except there are no doses in the federal stockpile
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...serve-used-up/
    Our county says that they have 6k peeps to vax for the Phase 1A. They’ve received a total of 3k vaccines so far.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Why? They’ve been reporting this since last spring

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    The nasty lung thing with minimal if no symptoms? I haven't heard much.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    i heard something of it a while back but it sounded like an isolated incident. sounds like it may be more prevalent now.
    swing your fucking sword.

Ground-glass opacity showing up in the lungs of people with mild or no symptoms was first mentioned in this thread back in February based on reports coming out of China. Since human biology is complex and unique to each individual it's not much of a stretch to see 5%, 10%, 20%, or more lung damage happening along a continuum. Dan's post could be describing the outliers of an otherwise not at all rare phenomenon.

The question is how much damage has to occur before a person becomes aware of it? I don't know. I bike, run, and tour a lot in the Wasatch mountains and I'm rarely out of breath even going up hill. Maybe one way to think about it is lowering VO2 max which even active people who aren't doing interval training rarely achieve.

Sort of related: we have a friend, her boyfriend who is 28, went to the hospital after testing positive for COVID complaining of shortness of breath. They did a chest X-Ray showing signs of fluid in his lungs but said he should recover and sent him home. A few days later he complained that it was getting harder to breath so they went back to hospital where blood work and other tests confirmed pulmonary edema due to blood clots. He's still in the hospital in excruciating pain.

Its been talked about in here extensively but the question of prevalence has not been answered with hard data.

I'd like to see chest x-rays for some people who tested positive after getting a vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Its been talked about in here extensively but the question of prevalence has not been answered with hard data.

I'd like to see chest x-rays for some people who tested positive after getting a vaccine.
    I've seen far too many pictures of vaccine given indoors. Some regions (CA) have 1% infectious population. If there's 5-10 people in that room handling paperwork and giving shots, there's 5-10% chance one of them has infectious Covid. Plus all the patients in there, or recently through there. But I'm not a doc, what do I know?

Just broke 400,000 dead according to worldometer
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Some reports of a couple dozen 80+ year olds dying in Norway from vaccine. That’s not going to help anything. American doc on news saying outlier anomaly but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Some reports of a couple dozen 80+ year olds dying in Norway from vaccine. That’s not going to help anything. American doc on news saying outlier anomaly but still.
    Very frail and nearly dead 80+ year olds. Sounds like an outlier situation for sure.

https://apnews.com/article/denmark-c...2e009626c15844
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

When the vaccine first came out it was predicted that giving priority to frail nursing home patients was going to result in a number of vaccine-associated deaths.
    This article https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n149 notes that 400 NH patients die in Norway every week. One could argue that vaccinating very frail elderly NH patients with serious underlying conditions is not the best use of scarce vaccine, especially in people with do-not-resuscitate or do-not-hospitalize orders, although that is a decision best made by the patient or their family.

My mom is relatively healthy, but 86 “Frail” is pretty subjective.
    Not trying to pick a fight just real talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    My mom is relatively healthy, but 86 “Frail” is pretty subjective.
    Not trying to pick a fight just real talk.
    I don't know who they're giving shots to in Norway, but to me frail means bedbound, maybe needs to be fed, definitely needs help dressing, if they dress at all. Likely is not oriented to all 3 of name, place, and year (still writing 2020 on checks doesn't count) and may not recognize family. Certainly not people that anyone would describe as "pretty healthy". Maybe Norway is not giving vaccine to people like that, in which case the report is somewhat more alarming. Certainly not everyone in a nursing home is that bad off but a pretty significant number are. I'm not talking about frail by TGR standards--I'm sure I would qualify. I'm not talking about not giving vaccine to anyone over 80--that's still the best target group because most likely to wind up needing hospital or ICU bed and burden the health care system.

When the vaccine first came out it was predicted that giving priority to frail nursing home patients was going to result in a number of vaccine-associated deaths.
    This article https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n149 notes that 400 NH patients die in Norway every week. One could argue that vaccinating very frail elderly NH patients with serious underlying conditions is not the best use of scarce vaccine, especially in people with do-not-resuscitate or do-not-hospitalize orders, although that is a decision best made by the patient or their family.
    In the middle of a very dark winter.

AECOM is suing Zurich America Insurance Co for economic losses due to covid.

https://www.enr.com/articles/50996-w...aims?v=preview

Dr. Peter Hotez of Baylor on PBS tonight--we won't be able to vaccinate enough Americans with mRNA vaccines alone. We need the J and J and AZ and Novavax vaccines and others as soon as possible. He referred to a particle vaccine they are developing with India.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    I've seen far too many pictures of vaccine given indoors. Some regions (CA) have 1% infectious population. If there's 5-10 people in that room handling paperwork and giving shots, there's 5-10% chance one of them has infectious Covid. Plus all the patients in there, or recently through there. But I'm not a doc, what do I know?
    My wife's experience to a T. I've been wondering how many of these desperately setup giant sites will turn into super spreader locations ever since.

There's something to be said for appointments and big parking lots.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    My wife's experience to a T. I've been wondering how many of these desperately setup giant sites will turn into super spreader locations ever since.

There's something to be said for appointments and big parking lots.
    Hopefully by now the people giving shots are vaccinated, which may or may not protect the clients. Hell, if they would give me shots I'd give up on this ski season (easy to say when the snow is shit) and start giving shots.
    BTW--I keep reading about all these doctors' offices going broke because nobody wants to go to the doctor these days. Surely there are nurses in those offices who would love to be paid to give shots and docs who could use the money to be available for treating allergic reactions and give shots themselves. Also OR nurses with elective surgery canceled. If there was money to pay them.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    AECOM is suing Zurich America Insurance Co for economic losses due to covid.

https://www.enr.com/articles/50996-w...aims?v=preview
    LOL, they just sold the construction division which was massively impact. How does that work exactly?
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    LOL, they just sold the construction division which was massively impact. How does that work exactly?
    Interesting, right? But then there was a recent ruling in favor of policy owners in the UK.

Hopefully by now the people giving shots are vaccinated, which may or may not protect the clients. Hell, if they would give me shots I'd give up on this ski season (easy to say when the snow is shit) and start giving shots.
    BTW--I keep reading about all these doctors' offices going broke because nobody wants to go to the doctor these days. Surely there are nurses in those offices who would love to be paid to give shots and docs who could use the money to be available for treating allergic reactions and give shots themselves. Also OR nurses with elective surgery canceled. If there was money to pay them.
    I haven't seen my docs. Two want blood work, but I'm not going inside for a draw. I'll take a small health risk from no test over a small death risk plus a small health risk. Maybe if we got back to May's low prevalence I would visit. If they offer a vaccine outdoors, I'd be there tomorrow. Hoping the county sets up outdoor vaccine clinics. I remember them doing that for dogs.

Just in case you were thinking of using that shuttle bus or gondola.

https://twitter.com/AliNouriPhD/stat...751687168?s=20

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Looks like the A/C was on and windows were closed. Our gondola has the windows open all day. Hoping that has an impact as mentioned in this study - https://advances.sciencemag.org/content/7/1/eabe0166

However with our case rate being as high as LA County, maybe I shouldn’t be so sure of that.

Worthwhile thread. Thanks for posting that.

Phil Spector just died of COVID complications