Page 233 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,825 of 41810

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    In Lone Stars defense, he was quoting AustinFromSA. Who deserved it.
    That said, BMills did NOT suck off Sean Hannity. Probably.
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    I'm sure he'll deny it.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    We have surpassed 200,000 cases, double the 100,000 as of March 6th.

So it took two weeks to double.
    Flawed math is flawed.

Remove the 80k cases in China that have basically flatlined and look at the the growth in the rest of the world.

Add to that the large number of unconfirmed and untested and you'll find we are doubling worldwide at a rate much faster than every 2 weeks.

Particularly in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I'm sure he'll deny it.
    he also denied beating his kid, so it's just another one of his denials.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Anybody who's been paying any attention at all on this site for the past ~15 years knows BMills is not a Hannity guy, or even a political guy at all (on here at least), so kindly fuck off Lone Star.
    .....BMills..... ?

As far as non reported deaths, you wonder how many old people living alone are going to be found after all this.

Around 10% of them?

In Lone Stars defense, he was quoting AustinFromSA. Who deserved it.
    Ah. Well, that's different.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    .....BMills..... ?
    Yeah my mistake, sorry. Carry on.

That wasn't nice of me to say, anyway. that was all the pent up rage from hearing my fox loving family downplay this for the past month. Sorry, (not sorry), Austin

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    One thing I found at fault with it is that they used 7 deaths for the Diamond Princess. At one point I noticed an Diamond Princess case was counted as an Australian death. I contacted the folks at worldometers and asked about this

Point being, just 1 more death changes the stats completely there and if there were three more deaths uncounted much moreso. Also there are still some not out of the woods yet there.
    Additionally, to conclude the US general pop would not exceed 1% mortality he's leaning on the idea that the 700 infected were elderly but ignoring the fact that many were crew and all were at least healthy enough to decide to take a cruise. It's a weird sample in addition to being small (and evidently wrong).

To the point about selection bias among those tested, some stats guy sitting home should look at the mortality rate among all those tested and see how that population's mortality compares to the general population. Could be interesting and requires gathering only data, not physical samples.

curious what stage some of you are?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Mofro, I know you're not an epidemiologist, but I'd be interested in your take on this article that Huckbucket posted a link to. While ge didn't go so far as to say he agreed, he didn't say he disagreed either. fwiw I think it's important https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/17/...reliable-data/
    It's always great to have accurate and complete information before making a decision, but when it's time to make a decision you make it regardless. If new information changes your mind, you change it. We won't know the true transmissibility and mortality of CoV2 as well as how it behaves in different seasons, climates, etc, for a long time. I don't have a problem with the facts as presented in the article; there is obviously a lot of uncertain about the data and how to interpret it. But I have a problem calling it a fiasco because people are making decisions based on uncertain facts. They have no choice; not taking any action until all the facts are in is a decision too, and one that could have lethal consequences.

My nonprofessional, gut feeling is that we are doing too much--that the social and economic consequences of the lockdown are too great for the threat, that the lockdown can't be sustained for as long as it needs to be to work. Only time will tell. In the meantime I have to accept that our health leaders are making honest decisions based on the facts they have.
    Last edited by old goat; 03-18-2020 at 10:07 AM.

Georgia hospital says Mexico wants $7 per n95 mask.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/can...deal-1.5501289

the border is closed now we are safe from America !

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/maga-memo-virus-1.5501024

it was a democratic hoax but now its not ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Flawed math is flawed.

Remove the 80k cases in China that have basically flatlined and look at the the growth in the rest of the world.

Add to that the large number of unconfirmed and untested and you'll find we are doubling worldwide at a rate much faster than every 2 weeks.

Particularly in Florida.
    That flatline is also assuming the Chinese government is being honest with the public.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    We have surpassed 200,000 cases, double the 100,000 as of March 6th.

So it took two weeks to double. Seemed like at the beginning of this, many were saying the cases would double each day, 80% of the world would be infected, millions would die. So far we are at 8,000 deaths.

I understand there are probably a ton of unreported cases, but can't imagine there are many unreported deaths. The article that I read with these stats tried to be all dramatic.."THE NUMBER OF REPORTED CASES HAS DOUBLED IN ONLY TWO WEEKS!"

If in another two weeks we are sitting at 400,000 cases and 16,000 deaths world wide, I would say we are doing pretty good containing it.
    Lets talk about the US
    First, the number at which the cases double is thought to be between 3 and 4 days. Take a look at deaths in the US. On March 6 we were at 15. March 10 at 30. March 14 at 57. Halfway thru March 18 we are 116 deaths. So doubling every 4 days seems reasonable, and so far we see no effects of the lockdown but that should be several more days to a weak.

2nd-You are adding the timelines of three separate outbreaks (China, Europe, and the US) for your data. if you look at when the Europe outbreak started and then do your math, or when it started in America and then do your math, you will get VERY different results
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Definitely.

elbow bumps all around boys.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    No one has those numbers yet, but no inaccuracy is NOT unique to the CDC test.
    I probably should have asked more directly if there's any chance the SK tests are somehow dramatically less likely to produce false positives? Or are they re-testing to weed those out (which one presumes would be true here as well)? My point being their numbers don't support massive false positives being reported as confirmed. (But of course I'll leave it to the polifuckstick brigade to interpret whether that's on Obama or Trump, so really I got nothing.)

Friend I'm going skiing today with has a brother in law in his final throws of brain cancer today in a hospital in Boston. his wife is not allowed to visit him, at all. So fucking sad.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Can anyone explain why all the yellow mustard at the grocery store was gone, but there was plenty of stoneground and Dijon?

Chinese Rat Flu

All of the money for the $1,000 checks will be borrowed from China.

Because Dijon comes from France, and might be infected.
    Duh.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    The quote I read was
    “We May never know if taking these precautions was effective...but we would certainly know if not taking these precautions wasn’t”
    Or something like that
    Seems like a reason to never ski.

We'll never know if that slope will slide but we would certainly know if it avalanches.

Highly recommended, powerful anti-viral and great for social distancing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rooster chili garlic.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	320882