Page 1566 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 ... LastLast
Results 39,126 to 39,150 of 41810
    Will do and thank you as well.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Nothing I type on TGR is original thought. It's just a regurgitation what I read elsewhere. And I might say things that I know the author really, really, wants to say but can't.
    Sig worthy.

That's because world leaders, scientist, doctors, ect. have to be careful what they say. They have reputations to uphold. They can't speculate even if everything suggests that speculation will turn out to be true. That's why I come to TGR. We don't have those social constructs here. Nothing I type on TGR is original thought. It's just a regurgitation what I read elsewhere. And I might say things that I know the author really, really, wants to say but can't.
    I want to know what the world's experts think off the record, after taking a fat bong rip and throwing back a few IPAs, kicking it with their friends. I want to know what they say in the war room. I've read every single COVID opinion piece published in the NYTimes and they are all such fluff. I want to know what these guys and girls are REALLY thinking. What they would say to Joe Biden. Not what they would tell the masses in an op-ed.

I'm sure Mofro et. al., and all the scientist we have been following, have some things they would like to share but they just can't, because of who they are. I get that. That's what I meant by "they have reputations to uphold."
    Bullshit. At least as far as doctors go. We mind what we say and don't make promises and predictions we can't be sure of because experience has taught us that sure things often turn out to be wrong. I believe that the Covid medical leadership is pretty much telling the world what it believes. I and everyone I know tries to be as honest and straightforward as we can, at least as far as the medical information goes. As far as what we think of a few of our patients--well, Dr. Fauci said it best "What a moron."

Don't lawyers operate the same way? The ethical ones at least?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Don't lawyers operate the same way? The ethical ones at least?
    Of course. Who do you think the world leaders are? But I don't want retired Old Goat to be the same guarded doctor as practicing Old Goat. I want you to spill your guts. This place (TGR) is the comment section after that NYTimes op-ed. Where the dirt comes out.

We're talking about COVID being done (for at least the next six months). What scientist is not thinking this right now? But they aren't 100% sure so they are keeping their mouth shut. That is where Benny and I come in. We don't care if we're wrong.

That is where Benny and I come in. We don't care if we're wrong.
    Bless your hearts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

We're talking about COVID being done (for at least the next six months). What scientist is not thinking this right now? But they aren't 100% sure so they are keeping their mouth shut.
    Super important. Scientists live by NIH grants and prospects of tenure. Both can vanish in this moment of political bs.

A Nevada Country CA group trying to recall all 5 county supervisors over covid restrictions refused to wear masks in the County Clerk's office, forced their way in, and assaulted an employee.
    https://www.sierrasun.com/news/elect...rity-concerns/

Altasnob--if you read my posts about covid and in gimp central I think you'll find I measure my words as far as medical information goes, (not necessarily as far my opinion about people. ) And I can't even be sued.
    And as I said before, I find it appalling that their are a lot of doctors commenting publicly from the sidelines about covid, who need to learn to speak with a little more discretion. I guess they're hoping people remember when they turn out to be right and forget all the times they were wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    And as I said before, I find it appalling that their are a lot of doctors commenting publicly from the sidelines about covid, who need to learn to speak with a little more discretion. I guess they're hoping people remember when they turn out to be right and forget all the times they were wrong.
    Like who? I've been following Trevor Bedford's twitter (Fred Hutch mathematician/epidemiologist) during the entire pandemic and found it to be invaluable. Same for Ashish K. Jha. I've read numerous opinion pieces by Ezekiel Emanuel, Michael Osterholm, Marc Lipsitch, and Neil Ferguson. Some of these opinion pieces have been completely counter to what the government was pushing at the time. Should all these people just shut up and let the government control our thought?

What I find most frustrating about the COVID media experience is you have your dumbed down NYTimes takes. And you have like 100,000 peer reviewed scientific papers on COVID, and there isn't much in the middle. I greatly appreciate the scientists who chose to share their knowledge for the masses on places like twitter, particularly since this stuff changes so fast. I never read twitter in my life until COVID came along.

The amount of retard coming out of Bunny and Alta is super impressive.

Alta - when you think you're the smartest guy in the room, odds are pretty good that you're not. Your conspiracy-based belief that HCPs and scientists aren't telling the truth is really just them practicing the type of restraint needed in highly fluid situations like a pandemic. Pick a select group of authoritative voices and tune out everything else. Listen way more than you speak. Keep repeating to yourself the following ... "I know fuck all."

And in Bunny's world every single person is on the take, has a conflict or is otherwise completely incompetent. What a world view!

Of course. Who do you think the world leaders are? But I don't want retired Old Goat to be the same guarded doctor as practicing Old Goat. I want you to spill your guts. This place (TGR) is the comment section after that NYTimes op-ed. Where the dirt comes out.

We're talking about COVID being done (for at least the next six months). What scientist is not thinking this right now? But they aren't 100% sure so they are keeping their mouth shut. That is where Benny and I come in. We don't care if we're wrong.
    you invest a lot of effort into something you don’t care about,

I want to know what the world's experts think off the record, after taking a fat bong rip and throwing back a few IPAs, kicking it with their friends.
    My people!
    I’ll pack the bong.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    The amount of retard coming out of Bunny and Alta is super impressive.

Alta - when you think you're the smartest guy in the room, odds are pretty good that you're not. Your conspiracy-based belief that HCPs and scientists aren't telling the truth is really just them practicing the type of restraint needed in highly fluid situations like a pandemic. Pick a select group of authoritative voices and tune out everything else. Listen way more than you speak. Keep repeating to yourself the following ... "I know fuck all."

And in Bunny's world every single person is on the take, has a conflict or is otherwise completely incompetent. What a world view!
    No, dude, unless one is born of money and has some in the bank at the level of, you know, fuck you money at least where one doesn't have to worry about living comfortably until the last day and make the family's life comfortable, one has to learn early to walk the line and not do and say stupid shit that really doesn't matter except making a point. You know, everybody has to work for a living, up to a certain point.

In that, you just try to deliver the best level of "competence" you can.

We live in a time when some people's lives are destroyed in days when they get canceled. Orwellian.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    No, dude, unless one is born of money and has some in the bank at the level of, you know, fuck you money at least where one doesn't have to worry about living comfortably until the last day and make the family's life comfortable, one has to learn early to walk the line and not do and say stupid shit that really doesn't matter except making a point. You know, everybody has to work for a living, up to a certain point.

In that, you just try to deliver the best level of "competence" you can.
    We’re you just insulting me for being a firefighter? GFYS.

And stfu.

Don't take this shit personal. Whatever you imagine.

Don't take this shit personal. Whatever you imagine.
    I’m not imagining that you’re a fucking moran. It’s pretty obvious.

Super important. Scientists live by NIH grants and prospects of tenure. Both can vanish in this moment of political bs.
    How did that thinking work out for climate skeptics?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

so the CA Dept of Public Health now says I can go back to work any time I’m asymptomatic. Health care workers who test positive but are asymptomatic can continue to work as long as they wear N95 and “preferably only work with COVID patients. That seems risky to me. I think I’m just going to stick with 10 days before I go back.

Feeling better on day 6, but not 100%.

I don’t feel right putting patients at risk. I also don’t feel right that about 30 people aren’t able to get cardiac stress tests this week because I’m out.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    How did that thinking work out for climate skeptics?
    You tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I’m not imagining that you’re a fucking moran. It’s pretty obvious.
    I imagine you as one of those angry older white guys with a grey goatee and a gut that just thinks the world screwed him.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    so the CA Dept of Public Health now says I can go back to work any time I’m asymptomatic. Health care workers who test positive but are asymptomatic can continue to work as long as they wear N95 and “preferably only work with COVID patients. That seems risky to me. I think I’m just going to stick with 10 days before I go back.

Feeling better on day 6, but not 100%.

I don’t feel right putting patients at risk. I also don’t feel right that about 30 people aren’t able to get cardiac stress tests this week because I’m out.
    There's your answer right there. Asymptomatic is 100%. Heck, I have it on good authority that I got it from my wife after her full 10 days was over. It varies. But, there are millions of people out there with this virus who aren't wearing any masks at all fully shedding.

I'll take sick but sealed up under an N95 over maybe, maybe not without a mask. If you can stay home without losing any money or PTO.. and you're good with other coworkers also doing the same in your situation stay home, at home. I got a shit ton of free time off and all I lost was sense of smell.. Wasn't a vacation though because I couldn't leave the house and wife was REALLY sick and needed a lot of TLC..

gotta use long term sick leave but that’s what it’s for

I was thinking I might go back early if I feel good but that’s really only going to be a day or two so why bother?

if I feel better I’ll go do some touring for exercise

I imagine you as one of those angry older white guys with a grey goatee and a gut that just thinks the world screwed him.
    You’d be wrong - I’m really happy, no goatee, and I’m rich and a 150 pound hardbody. I’m living the dream, and glad I’m not like you at all.

You’re really flailing these days.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    gotta use long term sick leave but that’s what it’s for

I was thinking I might go back early if I feel good but that’s really only going to be a day or two so why bother?

if I feel better I’ll go do some touring for exercise
    FKNA you definitely should test your legs out and make sure you're good to go before committing to a full day back at work.

As for the 5 days out then masked.. I'm wearing a decent mask.. I'm good with people at the store or drive thru/take out counter coming back sooner as long as they're masked. Those folks don't get sick pay and I'm comfortable with that as long as we're both masked..

right?

not gonna spin chairs though

Not everyone who gets pissed at you is an angry person. You’re an asshole. These are the responses you elicit.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums