Page 842 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 ... LastLast
Results 21,026 to 21,050 of 41810
    I think this is going to be the signal thing that causes the United States to fall from its position as the world's dominant country. I guess it's been a good run.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I think this is going to be the signal thing that causes the United States to fall from its position as the world's dominant country. I guess it's been a good run.
    We had a petty good party discussion before covfefe, where I started with the given that the US has jumped the shark.
    Maybe this great experiment is over.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Hey KQ... your vet is a dumbfuck. Get a new one.
    Vet's okay, she wore a mask and rolled her eyes at the receptionist. Can't dictate an employee's thoughts.

When I posted that the vet had not cone out yet. Only the receptionist, techs and clients.

Umatilla county doesn't have a mask ordinance and the majority of people the there are staunch Trump supporters so they wouldn't listen anyway.

Vet is both my equine and small animal doctor. She's one of our only mobile (makes farm calls) and after hours emergency vets in the area so I'll stick with her TYVM.

Though the small animal clinic is in OR she lives in WA just down the road from me (and she's not a Trump supporter )
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    New York State has been pretty successful.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    And now "New York, New Jersey and Connecticut will require people traveling from states that have a high infection rate quarantine for 14 days."

No real way to enforce it, but it sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    And now "New York, New Jersey and Connecticut will require people traveling from states that have a high infection rate quarantine for 14 days."

No real way to enforce it, but it sounds good.
    Cue governors from those states blaming NY for the high infection rates in the first place...

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

U.S. reported the third highest total of new cases since this thing started. I have no doubt we'll surpass the previous all-time high within the week. This is truly shameful. Just compare Italy's curve vs. the U.S. (from the NY Times).

U.S.
    Attachment 332500

Italy
    Attachment 332501
    This is so fucking enraging. What is it going to take to make people wake the fuck up. We are back to March 🤬

I haven’t been following Europe closely, but have they reopened higher risk places like bars and restaurants?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    This is so fucking enraging. What is it going to take to make people wake the fuck up. We are back to March ��

I haven’t been following Europe closely, but have they reopened higher risk places like bars and restaurants?
    Yes, about a month ago.

Murican's Fuck Ya!!! The poster kids for stoopid. Those two charts tell the tale.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Yay we have 1500 infections in a meat plant here in Germany because slave like sub contractors from Bulgaria had to live with 10 guys in one room. All hail the beauty of industrial meat production. But hey at least we have 1 kilo of pork chops for 4 euros.
    Local Lockdown is being enforced in -Gütersloh.
    Last edited by subtle plague; 06-24-2020 at 11:12 AM.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Super G View Post
    thanks for the intelligent response. I do have hope that real science will prevail. As all of this comes to a head in the coming years, the truth will be plain for all to see. I hope I am wrong and the questions I posed in my original post will be debunked, but right now we have some serious truth finding to do before that happens.
    The truth has been in front of your nose the entire time, but to quote a famous movie line "you can't handle the truth" because that might involve modifying your own behavior or world view and so after ignoring it for years you want to put faith in an alternate reality of your own creation.

We are a reactionary society, not a proactive society. We seek cures to problems we create instead of putting effort into their prevention. We value the dollar over the value of human decency. Maybe it's time to wake up to the fact that there is no "them", there is only us. No one is coming to save you but you and your own actions.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    There is no "system". There are various local, state, and federal institutions with various levels of competence and corruption. Blaming everything on "the system" prevents you from making any meaningful improvement--like voting Trump out of office in November for example. But the main reason we are doing so poorly in controlling the virus is the general orneriness, selfishness, ungovernability, and lack of civic mindedness of the American people, combined with our tendency to blame everything on "the system" or on immigrants, or on POC, or on libs or on anyone but ourselves. Which makes you part of the problem.
    well said OG.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Yup, there's only us. The constant blaming is fundamentally undemocratic.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I don't think most of the USA is done with the 1st wave and apparently there will be a 2nd wave ?

Its pretty easy to 6ft distance in a small mountain town but I had to wear the mask for 3hrs to drive a camp person,

I hated it but she had quarantined alone for 3 weeks so I wore it to protect her from me, The guy running the camps tells me there are no active cases in the narth

in the whistler thread some people think " gotta open whistler " but you don't actualy
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Yup, there's only us. The constant blaming is fundamentally undemocratic.
    from up here it looks like nobody is driving the ship

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    The truth has been in front of your nose the entire time, but to quote a famous movie line "you can't handle the truth" because that might involve modifying your own behavior or world view and so after ignoring it for years you want to put faith in an alternate reality of your own creation.

We are a reactionary society, not a proactive society. We seek cures to problems we create instead of putting effort into their prevention. We value the dollar over the value of human decency. Maybe it's time to wake up to the fact that there is no "them", there is only us. No one is coming to save you but you and your own actions.

well said OG.
    In your opinion are there any proactive societies?

and what is the truth?

That there's no human to human transmission?
    That face masks don't or do help?
    That herd immunity does/doesn't exist?
    That its pangolin-based or was made in a lab?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    There is no "system". There are various local, state, and federal institutions with various levels of competence and corruption. Blaming everything on "the system" prevents you from making any meaningful improvement--like voting Trump out of office in November for example. But the main reason we are doing so poorly in controlling the virus is the general orneriness, selfishness, ungovernability, and lack of civic mindedness of the American people, combined with our tendency to blame everything on "the system" or on immigrants, or on POC, or on libs or on anyone but ourselves. Which makes you part of the problem.
    Thank you. You keep stating how I feel better than I can.
    Last edited by GiBo; 06-24-2020 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    In your opinion are there any proactive societies?

and what is the truth?

That there's no human to human transmission?
    That face masks don't or do help?
    That herd immunity does/doesn't exist?
    That its pangolin-based or was made in a lab?
    yer in America so its anything you want

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    from up here it looks like nobody is driving the ship
    That's true not only of the Federal government, but of the Antifa/blm directives too.

At least Inslee has provided some leadership, as has Cuomo.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    yer in America so its anything you want

Just saying, Super G has a right to doubt when the powers that be (domestic and international) routinely admit lying "for our own safety"

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    Hate to make this a red vs. blue state thing, but after getting initially knocked hard here in New York State, we've done pretty damn well at controlling Covid. And trust me, mask wearing and social distancing sucked (and still does), but we sucked it up and did it for the greater good of society.
    So you can't lump everyone in to the above situation.

Can New York State please succeed from the union now?
    As you succeed you're sending back all those borrowed ventilators, right? I'm happy for NY doing better, but 2 months ago saying "stay home" was met with "it's already there anyway!"

It may be later than we think, but it's still early.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    We had a petty good party discussion before covfefe, where I started with the given that the US has jumped the shark.
    Maybe this great experiment is over.
    Fonzie might still be mid-air, but it's splashdown when the petrodollar era ends and/or USD ceases to be the global reserve currency.

Quote Originally Posted by Super G View Post
    If you are happy with the system and how it operates, then hooray for you, you get to carry on in your utopian bubble.
    Seriously, when did you first click this thread? Be honest, you're among friends here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Fonzie might still be mid-air, but it's splashdown when the petrodollar era ends and/or USD ceases to be the global reserve currency.
    Potentially, unless we get our spending under control.

So yeah we're fucking sunk.

Just saying, Super G has a right to doubt when the powers that be (domestic and international) routinely admit lying "for our own safety"
    safety or money or ...

Potentially, unless we get our spending under control.

So yeah we're fucking sunk.
    heh, yep. it's only a matter of time. How's your Mandarin?

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I have been to the vet a bunch in the last 2 months and it is the most locked down place I have ever been to. Call from the parking lot, they will call you back when the room, off the side entrance, is vacant. Deposit your pet in said room and leave. They will get back to you.
    My vet told me that the running joke is that vets can finally focus on the type of patients that drew them to be vets instead of human doctors.