Page 1555 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 ... LastLast
Results 38,851 to 38,875 of 41810
    I spoke to a superintendent at a job site in socal today. He was telling me how he got hammered with covid. Fever/sweats for a few days, and then it really hit him. He says he slept for 16hrs out of each day for about 5 days. He lost his taste. He says he's mostly back to the just-have-a-cold stage tho he hasn't got complete taste back. He said he lost 15 pounds "because everything tastes like mush & you feel like shit." Normally he's an active healthy guy. I didn't criticize or make any judgements, and he ended the story by saying he was going to get vaccinated & boosted.

The owner for this particular project is a 77yo guy who is 2x vaxxed + boosted, and so spooked in general he's testing every 3 days. Two ends of the spectrum on one project.

I'm glad the super is getting vaxxed, but he didn't have to get put down like that.
    I can only guess he and his subs are all sharing all this...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5A03F5DA-1361-419F-B798-69920F5661CC.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	568.1 KB 
ID:	402019
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Your COVID-19 test kit order has been placed.

You will receive another email with tracking information once your order has been shipped.

Thank you,

CDPHE - State of Colorado
    That was 12 days ago.

Now, the feds.

Thank you for placing your order on USPS.com®.

Once your package ships, you'll receive a tracking number and updates on the expected delivery date.

Note:

At-home COVID-19 tests will ship free starting in late January. USPS will only send one set of 4 free tests to valid residential addresses. We are unable to process duplicate orders for the same address.
    We'll see. I'm doing this mostly as a social experiment, but I'm not sure relying on the USPS for healthcare is a good move. But, there is no choice I imagine except for a physical in-person role out which would cost a ton more. And USPS is free for .gov I would imagine.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Not Rogers or Djok but apparently this person was well known in Urup..

Hana Horka: Czech singer dies after catching Covid intentionally

This is why vax and not positive test is the preferred pass to play in the US.. To prevent COVID parties..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

2 years ago today the first Washington state Covid cases (first confirmed in the US) were identified.

Welcome to year 3.

Carry on.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    2 years ago today the first Washington state Covid cases (first confirmed in the US) were identified.

Welcome to year 3.

Carry on.
    What a ray of sunshine this is.

Welcome to year 3.

Carry on.
    On your second birthday you actually turn three? this just gets worse and worse.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    On your second birthday you actually turn three? this just gets worse and worse.
    No, you finish your second year and start your third. Get it? Are you one those people that thought the new millennium started on January 1st 2000?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

...and when you turn 61 you've actually entered your seventh decade. Nobody gets out alive.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    ...and when you turn 60 you've actually entered your seventh decade. Nobody gets out alive.
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Not Rogers or Djok but apparently this person was well known in Urup..

Hana Horka: Czech singer dies after catching Covid intentionally

This is why vax and not positive test is the preferred pass to play in the US.. To prevent COVID parties..
    Wtf?

“Sunday morning, the day she died, Ms Horka said she was feeling better and dressed to go for a walk. But then her back started hurting, so she went to lie down in her bedroom.
    "In about 10 minutes it was all over," her son said. "She choked to death".”

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    What a ray of sunshine this is.
    That's Little Miss Sunshine to you

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    FIFY
    There is no year zero. But I get it... that rule doesn't totally work for age because when you're born you aren't 1yo.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    at age three, you've lived three years

entering year three of a pandemic begins when year two is up [it doesn't mean the pandemic has been going on 3 yrs]

I thought that was my job here...

There is no year zero. But I get it... that rule doesn't totally work for age because when you're born you aren't 1yo.
    Awesome, according to your system I am a year younger
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Awesome, according to your system I am a year younger
    Confused......so you were a year old when you popped out of the birth canal or are we back to the start of the year meaning you're in your first year?

With caledar years there is no zero right? The year 1 BC is followed directly by year AD 1

Whatever... doesn't matter. The pandemic has been with use 2 full years and we are headed towards a 3rd year.

Confused......so you were a year old when you popped out of the birth canal or are we back to the start of the year meaning you're in your first year?

With caledar years there is no zero right? The year 1 BC is followed directly by year AD 1

Whatever... doesn't matter. The pandemic has been with use 2 full years and we are headed towards a 3rd year.
    Yuse is right.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5A03F5DA-1361-419F-B798-69920F5661CC.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	568.1 KB 
ID:	402019
    While I wouldn't begin to compare the US health care "system" to those of other modern industrialized nations, their health care systems are buckling under the cost and the case loads as well. But their citizens aren't being bankrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by thedude2340 View Post
    Wtf?

“Sunday morning, the day she died, Ms Horka said she was feeling better and dressed to go for a walk. But then her back started hurting, so she went to lie down in her bedroom.
    "In about 10 minutes it was all over," her son said. "She choked to death".”
    One guess would be a blood clot in her lung, due to Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I thought that was my job here...
    No, definitely KQ's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post

One guess would be a blood clot in her lung, due to Covid.
    PE FTW... of the Darwin Games..

I’ve been busy working, caring for family, and feeling bad (haven’t gotten test results back yet). What happened in the Uk today?

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Yep. One thing that's been interesting to observe is the number of people who find out they have COVID, panic, then go straight to emergency. They've had to put in quite a bit of effort lately to help people understand what symptoms can me managed by your general practitioner (known as a GP, and is the exact same thing as a PCP), and when to go to hospital.

One side effect of covid-zero was we all were endlessly told the disease was a foregone conclusion that was going to kill you, so it's a steep learning curve to understand the difference between "I'm having a shit time" and "I might be cactus".

Still, actual hospitalisations and ICU admissions appear to be coming in lower than forecast, which they're attributing to widespread vaccination and boosting.
    Funny (or not) this just popped up in my FB feed from our local community health page:

ER is for Emergencies PSA

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Yep. One thing that's been interesting to observe is the number of people who find out they have COVID, panic, then go straight to emergency. They've had to put in quite a bit of effort lately to help people understand what symptoms can me managed by your general practitioner (known as a GP, and is the exact same thing as a PCP), and when to go to hospital.

One side effect of covid-zero was we all were endlessly told the disease was a foregone conclusion that was going to kill you, so it's a steep learning curve to understand the difference between "I'm having a shit time" and "I might be cactus".

Still, actual hospitalisations and ICU admissions appear to be coming in lower than forecast, which they're attributing to widespread vaccination and boosting.
    Fuck. I don't want to be a cactus.

Welcome to year 3.

Carry on.
    when my grandfather turned 89, he used to say,
    " I am in my ninetieth year ! "

so I understand KQ's persperctive -
    After two years,
    we are in the third year.

2020 was a strange year -
    I remember hope-ing the development of a vaccine would lead to the end of 'the pandemic.' . . .

Silly boy.

keep vaccinating ( and boosting ) skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Fuck. I don't want to be a cactus.
    Depends on the type.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague