Page 1330 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 ... LastLast
Results 33,226 to 33,250 of 41810
    Got the second on Friday. I won’t lie, I’ve felt a little funky last couple days. Not terrible, just off and fatigued. Wife got her second on Thursday. Had same reaction...felt great today.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I don't know the number of docs refusing the vaccine--I'm more concerned with the ones doing telemedicine, reading xrays, etc who are getting it--but the libertarian--authoritarian streak is strong among doctors. (Yes I know it sounds like an oxymoron but it isn't--my liberty, your obedience is the line of thinking). Those who go into politics tend heavily far right Republican. Then there docs like Slobodon Milosevic, Bashir al Assad, Che Guevara (wait a second, how did he get in there). It does depend a lot on age and gender and type of practice.
    Are you concerned because they are cutting in line?

The doctors showing up at the Capitol attack or promoting vaccine refusal have succumbed to the same “illness” as high profile lawyers like Sidney and Linn who are asking for Pence to be executed.

what is it that causes asubset of people, some very well educated, to all go so far off the rails like this? Chemtrails?

yes

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Just learned that director level for a nearby public health dept will not vax at recommendation of multiple physician friends. Their boss won’t either. “Too early.” I mentioned that I have multiple Dr friends that work in ER that are already past their second vax. Response was, “well, they probably have no choice.”
    Given that person likely works 100% remote and makes good money, they're insulated from any negative effects of not vaxxing. I'm going to get it as soon as it's available and my sister is already past first shot and does not know a single real health worker (physician/nurse etc.) that hasn't taken the first shot offered (she runs testing/vax/other stuff for a small health system)

a file clerk in the hospitol refusing the vax is a by definition a HCW, not the sharpest knife in the drawer being in that building where all the covid is going to end up
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Are you concerned because they are cutting in line?
    yeah

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    The doctors showing up at the Capitol attack or promoting vaccine refusal have succumbed to the same “illness” as high profile lawyers like Sidney and Linn who are asking for Pence to be executed.

what is it that causes asubset of people, some very well educated, to all go so far off the rails like this? Chemtrails?
    An education system that teaches facts and rewards memorizing them instead of critical thinking skills. When you don't understand where facts come from and how people figured them out, it's easy to substitute "facts" for facts. When you don't know how to evaluate a source it's easy to believe anything you read anywhere or anything anyone says.

Mass COVID-19 Vaccination Sites Open In Brooklyn And Bronx Will Operate 24/7 Starting Monday
    https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2021/01...rooklyn-bronx/

RE the conversation about work from home HCW getting the vaccine:

Remember that the goal is to vaccinate people as fast as possible down a reasonable priority list, not a perfectly prioritized one. Spending time figuring out who is working from home or not, etc is frankly a waste of time unless you already have the information. We are trying to vaccinate 200-300 million people in the next 6-8 months. There are going to by a myriad of these stories and aside from outright fraud (there are a few cases of this apparently) it's not relevant. All it does it make staff spend time trying to perfect their lists, which will never be perfect.

In my state they aren't even getting it out the door fast enough. Who cares?

I agree that across the population it is a waste of time to try to figure out who is working from home or who is an essential worker or who has preexisting conditions. The only stratification I would do after HCW's and nursing home patients is by age, since that is easy to figure out on the spot for 99% of people. But as a retired HCW I would expect hospital administrators and work from home doctors to exempt themselves from the first round. It's called ethics. If there are extra doses and no one else to give it to then OK.

When the CDC was busy having meetings about how to micromanage who gets the shots first it should have been instead figuring out how to get large numbers of people vaccinated fast.

X

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    When the CDC was busy having meetings about how to micromanage who gets the shots first it should have been instead figuring out how to get large numbers of people vaccinated fast.
    Exactly, "Warp-Speed" and Bureaucracy just don't work well together.

Another update from WI, numbers continue to drop, almost plunge. A total of 973 are hospitalized, on November 16th it was 2278, ICU is 219, down from 456. We have only restaurants closed in the peoples republic of Madison (that's a joke), elsewhere they are operating at 50% or more capacity. Masks are required but that is about it. There is an alternate care facility that is empty and 21% of hospital beds are empty. Ski areas are open, Packer game this coming weekend will be first sporting event with fans. Schools are mostly open with kids in attendance except in Milwaukee and Madison. Makes me wonder why states with everything shutdown are having such a tough time (CA) while an upper Midwest state with cold weather and little outdoor activities have it somewhat under control. It would also appear that there is no Christmas surge.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Another update from WI, numbers continue to drop, almost plunge. A total of 973 are hospitalized, on November 16th it was 2278, ICU is 219, down from 456. We have only restaurants closed in the peoples republic of Madison (that's a joke), elsewhere they are operating at 50% or more capacity. Masks are required but that is about it. There is an alternate care facility that is empty and 21% of hospital beds are empty. Ski areas are open, Packer game this coming weekend will be first sporting event with fans. Schools are mostly open with kids in attendance except in Milwaukee and Madison. Makes me wonder why states with everything shutdown are having such a tough time (CA) while an upper Midwest state with cold weather and little outdoor activities have it somewhat under control. It would also appear that there is no Christmas surge.
    Maybe we should all be eating more cheese?

New super-contagious variant hasn't gotten there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    X
    Funny, I seriously considered something like that for my job...was going to route the intake to outdoors, but yeah....

Cases are now climbing again in Wisconsin after the Christmas decline. Hopefully hospitalizations don't increase in the coming weeks as a result. Regardless, Wisconsinites have done a good job so far of not allowing hospitals to become overwhelmed.

As for California, maybe people have the idea it's all La La Land but Los Angeles has one of the busiest ports in the world, its manufacturing sector is around 12% of America's total output, and its massive agricultural sector operates year round. It's the types of jobs where people are out of necessity working in close quarter. All of which is sustained by an essential workforce heavily reliant on crowded multigenerational housing.

Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    There just seems to more to this? Yup, some healthcare workers are nut jobs.

Meet Dr. Parry, she was at the Capitol the other day. Gotta love her Q flag.
    https://twitter.com/Cleavon_MD/statu...98242809139208

(see also: the doctors who were pushing Trump's Hyrdochlorquine theory).
    She looks and acts the opposite of a Seattlite, not sure how she survives living here with that wack perspective. Her office is down the street from me apparently. Hopefully for not much longer.

Nitric Oxide. What's this all about?

"The Nitric Oxide Nasal Spray, developed by Canadian company SaNOtize, proved 99.9 per cent effective in independent lab tests in the US, at Utah State University’s Antiviral Research Institute. It is currently undergoing Phase II clinical trials throughout Canada.

She recently told Times of Israel: “We know that infection starts in the nasal passages – that’s where the virus enters the body. It multiplies there. If we kill it when it enters the body, we will not get sick."

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk/could-...world-1.510530
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Lot's and lot's of things kill pathogens in the lab but don't work well in people or have notable adverse effects in people. Nitric Oxide is a potent vasodilator.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

So we can just walk around with cotton balls shoved up our nose holes?

Mouth breathers got one over on us this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    So we can just walk around with cotton balls shoved up our nose holes?

Mouth breathers got one over on us this time.
    Penny wise, pound foolish. James Nestor did this for his book Breath and the effect on his health was profoundly terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post
    She looks and acts the opposite of a Seattlite, not sure how she survives living here with that wack perspective. Her office is down the street from me apparently. Hopefully for not much longer.
    Her reviews are good. Weird?

https://www.angieslist.com/companyli...ws-2242506.htm

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums