Page 1558 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 ... LastLast
Results 38,926 to 38,950 of 41810
    OG, after doing all I have been asked to for the last 2 years I am really ready to see major rule changes going forward.
    No more lock downs, masks, whatever. Either you have a little common sense and are fully vaccinated and trying to be safe around the those you love that may have compromised health or you're not vaxed and at at the end of the line for all health care. If you are found to be non-vaxed and test positive in public, the first offense is a $10k fine and 6 months in county jail. After that we ship you to a Catalina island with a tent, sleeping bag, some supplies and a pistol with 1 round in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    OG, after doing all I have been asked to for the last 2 years I am really ready to see major rule changes going forward.
    No more lock downs, masks, whatever. Either you have a little common sense and are fully vaccinated and trying to be safe around the those you love that may have compromised health or you're not vaxed and at at the end of the line for all health care. If you are found to be non-vaxed and test positive in public, the first offense is a $10k fine and 6 months in county jail. After that we ship you to a Catalina island with a tent, sleeping bag, some supplies and a pistol with 1 round in it.
    The vaccine has stopped people from dying, but it’s not stopped people from getting covid. Everyone one around me, family, friends, all vaccinated, and all went down with Covid this month. If we stopped wearing masks, quarantining, and social distancing, it would be worse.

Sitting here trying to get over it, I hope to hell a strain that is equally contagious as Omni, but more resistant to the vaccine does not emerge.

At this point I’m prepared for anything.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Split the difference.

People who are willing can get the Vaccines, take precautions and slowly get back to a somewhat normal life.

People who refuse to be vaccinated or take precautions will either get sick and die or get sick and get better and in the process will acquire some level of protection.

We cannot and will not refuse medical care to the people in category 2, its just not how this country functions.

"If" Health Insurance availability and cost is determined by Vax status I am fine with that. Free market and all.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    States are receiving extremely limited supplies of the antiviral combination drug Paxlovid, which is 80% effective in preventing hospitalization if given within 5 days of symptoms to people with mild and moderate cases. Because of the limited supply the drug is supposed to be only given to the people at highest risk. The question is--should the drug be reserved for older vaccinated patients with medical conditions (who are probably still at very low risk from omicron, but not zero) or for unvaccinated otherwise healthy people who are likely at higher risk. Should I--71 with heart disease--be deprived of the drug because some otherwise lower risk person chose not to get vaccinated?

Or should the drug be reserved for NFL QB's who test positive a week before the Super Bowl?

The one obvious priority group would be the immunocompromised--but after that?

And who decides. It will be very hard for an individual doc seeing an individual patient to deny the drug to someone who asks for it, regardless of their risk.

I do think we should start a misinformation campaign to convince the anti-vax folks that Paxlovid shrinks your testicles and breasts and paralyzes the trigger finger.
    I seriously can't believe the same fucking idiots are still debating the same bullshit
    people who couldn't pass a basic high school biology test today think they know what the fuck they are talking about

seriously why is everyone so fucking smart? SHUT THE FUCK UP AND SIT DOWN

to answer your question og
    in my opinion health care is already rationed out to the the most unhealthy people they get the best care even though they have not taken any PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY to eat right or exercise or do what is right for their body

it's mind blowing that someone with a high level of A1C just eats that pill the doctor gives them instead of cutting certain foods out of their diet

I deal with my own shitty health and do my best for christ sake it sucks it sucks so bad
    but you don't have to do anything don't get vaxed don't do this or that argue all day long about how fucking smart you are and then get deathly ill don't worry cause they will tell me my appointment is cancelled cause someone is cunting shit up and because they are a cunt they get better care instead of sent home to rot

the most unhealthy people will always get the best care end of story

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

I’m amazed at how random this disease is. I finally got it after a year of working in the hospital. We are heavily impacted. My county had its record number of cases Thursday, the day I tested positive. Fortunately I shopped on Wednesday so I’m ok for a while. Annoyingly, nobody working at the natural foods store was masked, and neither were most costumers. Better compliance at the supermarket. I feel like I should just go to the natural foods store and shop unmasked while I’m sick.

Day 3 and I still feel like shit. Headache, ear ache, sinus pressure, sore throat, cough, runny nose, fever, body aches, and zero appetite or energy. Mucinex and ibuprofen sorta help. Fuck this shit.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Hey fastfred sorry I'm late, here's your latest punctuation marks re-up:

'''''''''

!!!

??

Some spare random stuff as well, hth:

&%@()*!%@~^

Annoyingly, nobody working at the natural foods store was masked, and neither were most costumers.
    You mean the ones who eat only sprouts, nutritional yeast, and French fries; and 500$ a month worth of supplements. Apparently they all have super immunity!
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I’m amazed at how random this disease is. I finally got it after a year of working in the hospital. We are heavily impacted. My county had its record number of cases Thursday, the day I tested positive. Fortunately I shopped on Wednesday so I’m ok for a while. Annoyingly, nobody working at the natural foods store was masked, and neither were most costumers. Better compliance at the supermarket. I feel like I should just go to the natural foods store and shop unmasked while I’m sick.

Day 3 and I still feel like shit. Headache, ear ache, sinus pressure, sore throat, cough, runny nose, fever, body aches, and zero appetite or energy. Mucinex and ibuprofen sorta help. Fuck this shit.
    Hang in there Mikey B! Hopefully you follow my arc, and start feeling better soon…….
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

there are a few things I can get there that I can’t get anywhere else and I had a gift certificate but usually I just go to Safeway or Save Mart

Eat more hot dogs with kimchi.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Fat people are responsible for their own diabetic complications and heart disease.

Athletic people are responsible for their own activity related injuries and chronic ailments like needing knee or hip replacement.

Alcoholics are responsible for a bunch of shit starting with the carnage from car wrecks.

Lots of blame to go around for hospital carnage that's avoidable..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Fat people are responsible for their own diabetic complications and heart disease.

Um, Nope. Not the majority.

FWIW My brother feels hurt paying for mountain rescue via taxes because "They made a choice".
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Athletic people are responsible for their own activity related injuries and chronic ailments like needing knee or hip replacement.

Alcoholics are responsible for a bunch of shit starting with the carnage from car wrecks.

Lots of blame to go around for hospital carnage that's avoidable..
    Hospitals are staffed for all that but not for being overwhelmed by 19. I will say it again, not faxed puts you st the end of the line for healthcare services. Our healthcare professional's are at the breaking point due to the non vaxed.

^^^^^ Thank you.. I was wondering who would confirm that!

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Um, Nope. Not the majority.
    What are the primary causes Type II diabetes doc?

Hospital systems are built to handle the load of non COVID patients just fine. It's the unvaxxed that are clogging up the works now.

How the hell can someone go to all the trouble of working out, logging miles and miles on bikes, going to the gym 3x a week, hiking for turns, etc... but getting a couple jabs to prevent major illness that's currently everywhere is not worth it to them?? We all know the answer.. Brag about being in great shape, healthiest of diets, etc.. but one more vax regiment?? NO WAY!!

the thing that bothers me is the unvaccinated people who go to the ER for tests rather than going to the county testing site

I think that people who are on free state-sponsored medical insurance like Medi-Cal should be required to get vaccinated because it’s much cheaper to vaccinate them than treat them for COVID

I respect the frontline fatigue.

Maybe we could put the inferior citizens into work out camps? Fat is a complicated issue.

FWIW My brother feels hurt paying for mountain rescue via taxes because "They made a choice". I disagree.

It is what it is. IMO. Stay the course. And Cinncy won.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

I don’t even work in the ER. I work in Cardiopulmonary doing cardiac stress tests mostly, and I also do EEG and Echocardiogram.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    I respect the frontline fatigue.
    Maybe we could put the inferior citizens into work out camps? Fat is a complicated issue.
    I get so sick of people here bashing fat people. IMHO they should be a protected marginalized group same as other disabilities.. I mean you could be disabled due to an athletic injury too..

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Maybe like the movie Papillon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Split the difference.

People who are willing can get the Vaccines, take precautions and slowly get back to a somewhat normal life.

People who refuse to be vaccinated or take precautions will either get sick and die or get sick and get better and in the process will acquire some level of protection.

We cannot and will not refuse medical care to the people in category 2, its just not how this country functions.

"If" Health Insurance availability and cost is determined by Vax status I am fine with that. Free market and all.
    We refuse care--other than the most basic emergency care--to people all the time, for lack of money and insurance.
    More to the point--it's one thing to say "we won't treat you because we don't approve of your smoking, or your drinking , or your refusal to get vaccinated". I don't approve of that. But when medical resources are limited and there aren't the resources to treat everyone, how do we decide who gets treated. Right now it's first come first serve but that's about the most irrational triage criterion imaginable. In the case of Paxlovid what they're saying is we can't give it to everyone so we'll give it to the highest risk people. I'm saying that vax status should be one of the criteria--we give it to the unvaxed only after the high risk vaxed folks have gotten it.

I've mentioned before--in the early days of the artificial kidney they had panels to decide who got to be dialyzed and who got to die. (Nowadays of course dialysis units are a huge money maker for nephrologists that own them and they dialyze people with terminal cancer and people with no cognitive function. As long as Medicare will pay.)

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I don’t even work in the ER. I work in Cardiopulmonary doing cardiac stress tests mostly, and I also do EEG and Echocardiogram.
    Eat moar hotdogs. Get less sick.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    We refuse care--other than the most basic emergency care--to people all the time, for lack of money and insurance.
    More to the point--it's one thing to say "we won't treat you because we don't approve of your smoking, or your drinking , or your refusal to get vaccinated". I don't approve of that. But when medical resources are limited and there aren't the resources to treat everyone, how do we decide who gets treated. Right now it's first come first serve but that's about the most irrational triage criterion imaginable. In the case of Paxlovid what they're saying is we can't give it to everyone so we'll give it to the highest risk people. I'm saying that vax status should be one of the criteria--we give it to the unvaxed only after the high risk vaxed folks have gotten it.

I've mentioned before--in the early days of the artificial kidney they had panels to decide who got to be dialyzed and who got to die. (Nowadays of course dialysis units are a huge money maker for nephrologists that own them and they dialyze people with terminal cancer and people with no cognitive function. As long as Medicare will pay.)
    I mean how is that different than putting practicing alcoholics at the end of the line for liver transplants?

I mean how is that different than putting practicing alcoholics at the end of the line for liver transplants?
    A little different. With liver tx the results are poor in active alcoholics. Recovered alcoholics don't go to the end of the line. With Paxlovid presumably the unvaccinated person would benefit at least as much as the vaccinated high risk patient. (I don't know this to be true.) So with livers it's basically a medical decision (not that there isn't a moral component.) With covid it would be basically a moral decision.

After getting caught up on my Covid news by reading the last 4-5 pages of this thread, I’m now the most disgusted and shocked by what I’m reading since the dawn of this pandemic.

Some of you actually like Meatloaf’s music??

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

You took the words right out of my mouth.

friend is in the hospital with guillain barre. paralyzed eye. thinks she’s getting better, but 35, vaxxed. fuck covid.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi