Page 1622 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 LastLast
Results 40,526 to 40,550 of 40631
  1. #40526
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    10,091
    September Virtual Maggot Meetup for MultiVarinant Boosters.. I'm in..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  2. #40527
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    7,838
    You mean at the Geezer Bar, right?

  3. #40528
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    11,806
    So what's the story with early false negatives on home tests? Sister-in-law, and a few other people I know have had symptoms, tested negative for two or three days, then positive just before the symptoms started to abate.

  4. #40529
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    10,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    So what's the story with early false negatives on home tests? Sister-in-law, and a few other people I know have had symptoms, tested negative for two or three days, then positive just before the symptoms started to abate.
    IIRC the newer variant(s) are less likely to be picked up by the home tests... but I might be wrong. I'm sure there are people 'round here that know better than I do.

  5. #40530
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    93108
    Posts
    2,564
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Any word on when the multi variant boosters are coming out?
    lol

    MORE BOOSTERS!

  6. #40531
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    7,838
    HOW DEARE THOSE SHITTY LITTLE VIRI CHANGE THE RULES!!!
    OFF WITH THEIR ........ HEADS?

  7. #40532
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    20,618
    Quote Originally Posted by supermodel159 View Post
    lol

    MORE BOOSTERS!
    NO BOOSTER FOR YOU!!! Next.

  8. #40533
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    1,978
    Quote Originally Posted by supermodel159 View Post
    lol

    MORE BOOSTERS!
    Yeah, and why can’t we just use the flu shot formula from, say, 2004 and just leave it be?

  9. #40534
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    7,838
    Heh. some one needs to familiarize themselves with immuno-/ virology.

    Butt ..... Vishlas are cool.

  10. #40535
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Depends on the time of year
    Posts
    432
    If we're going back in time on medicine, reckon we go full throttle:

    Name:  DYIK0FCWkAEn3w-.jpeg
Views: 501
Size:  52.6 KB

  11. #40536
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    10,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    If we're going back in time on medicine, reckon we go full throttle:

    Name:  DYIK0FCWkAEn3w-.jpeg
Views: 501
Size:  52.6 KB
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lil-wayne-drinking-syrup-1200x675.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	423024
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  12. #40537
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    10,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    If we're going back in time on medicine, reckon we go full throttle:

    Name:  DYIK0FCWkAEn3w-.jpeg
Views: 501
Size:  52.6 KB
    Fucking IN!

  13. #40538
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,655

    Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    So what's the story with early false negatives on home tests? Sister-in-law, and a few other people I know have had symptoms, tested negative for two or three days, then positive just before the symptoms started to abate.
    My SIL had this experience. She had symptoms for 4 days before testing positive on a pcr test and 5 days before positive on a home test. Michael Mina has been stating that for those vaxed, some will have initial symptoms because of immune response, prior to being infectious.
    Last edited by bodywhomper; 08-03-2022 at 09:32 PM.

  14. #40539
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    21,429
    Anyone still wanting masks - I picked up some of these off Amazon the other day and really like them. They have a little plastic "S" hook attached to the ear loops so you can connect the earloops behind your head.


    https://a.co/d/c3wyK2O


    Name:  3mmask.png
Views: 456
Size:  381.4 KB
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis


    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  15. #40540
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    4,409
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Anyone still wanting masks - I picked up some of these off Amazon the other day and really like them. They have a little plastic "S" hook attached to the ear loops so you can connect the earloops behind your head.


    https://a.co/d/c3wyK2O


    Name:  3mmask.png
Views: 456
Size:  381.4 KB
    They do look so fun!
    dirtbag, not a dentist

  16. #40541
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    4,409
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    So does RA stay home the entire time they are positive, go out masked, or go out and about unmasked?
    I won't go anywhere outside. I'm totally terrified so I sit inside all day, alone wearing a mask. Then I get on the internet and tell others how dumb they are for having a different opinion since I'm so terribly ashamed at how much of a pussy I am.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

  17. #40542
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    10,091
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    I won't go anywhere outside. I'm totally terrified so I sit inside all day, alone wearing a mask. Then I get on the internet and tell others how dumb they are for having a different opinion since I'm so terribly ashamed at how much of a pussy I am.
    No wonder you don't get any pussy...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  18. #40543
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Back in SEA
    Posts
    9,633
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    I won't go anywhere outside. I'm totally terrified so I sit inside all day, alone wearing a mask. Then I get on the internet and tell others how dumb they are for having a different opinion since I'm so terribly ashamed at how much of a pussy I am.
    Thanks for distilling it to the root of the issue… (R)eal Men don’t need pussy-ass masks. That’s as fucking simple as it is right there. If the he(R)oes at the top had come out and said “you know what, it’s inconvenient sometimes but one of the things we can do to help save lives is wear a mask” we’d have had far less deaths. So well done guys! At least you’re not pussies I guess!?!
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

  19. #40544
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,308
    http://covid.cdc.gov

    covid tracker ^^^

    Daily reported infections ~ 100,000

    daily deaths ( today ) 395


    I was asked yesterday,
    ' wouldn't you like to be infected with a 'milder variant' ?

    no - absolutely not.

    I have a friend who was hospitalized for five days recently with covid and Pneumonia ( not specified) in both lungs...


    I get it -
    Society is moving on -
    even as the seventy-eight year old President has had covid and 'rebound covid'
    ( to me, 'rebound covid' - again testing positive. means virus replication resumed ( I have seen nothing that claims virus degenerative fragments will result in a positive test - and there are others here who are better read than I )

    400 weekly / 200,000 annually -

    ... doesn't feel like 'freedom' to me -


    the clerk at the p.o. yesterday was masked for the first time ,,, ever.
    she had covid last week, and 'did not want to spread it ' , and
    ' there are too many clerks on vacation' for her not to Work ( handling items back-and-forth with the public ) -

    lovely --

    I took my change and my receipt as a matter of habit , and didn't even give it a thought until I sat down last night...


    good luck...

    I will be looking for my variant vaccination in October --

    tj
    Last edited by skiJ; 08-11-2022 at 02:23 PM.

  20. #40545
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,655
    Apparently, there’s good(?) evidence that infection of omicron variants does not provide immunity to other (newer) omicron variants: https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.abq1841
    “Vaccine boosting results in distinct, imprinted patterns of hybrid immunity with different combinations of SARS-CoV-2 infection and vaccination. Immune protection is boosted by B.1.1.529 (Omicron) infection in the triple-vaccinated, previously infection-naïve individuals, but this boosting is lost with prior Wuhan Hu-1 imprinting. This “hybrid immune damping” indicates substantial subversion of immune recognition and differential modulation through immune imprinting and may be the reason why the B.1.1.529 (Omicron) wave has been characterized by breakthrough infection and frequent reinfection with relatively preserved protection against severe disease in triple-vaccinated individuals.”

    New preprint looking at pathology and immune profiling of long covid: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....09.22278592v1

    Author tweet: https://twitter.com/virusesimmunity/...lFID1nw8pcsoLw

    Author graphic of key findings:
    Name:  IMG_8483.JPG
Views: 275
Size:  187.3 KB

  21. #40546
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    10,091
    Sewer poo samples suggest it's still out there and way more than we realize... just mostly asymptomatic.. Vaccines FTW! Kinda sucks that everyone isn't and some can't be protected though..

    Had a couple plumbers in the house Tuesday. I did not make them wear masks, but I did open the window in the bathroom they were working in. They were not in any other part of the house for more than 30 seconds at a time. We stood outside on the porch when going over the estimates and paying the bill.

    Baby steps...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  22. #40547
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    20,618
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Sewer poo samples suggest it's still out there and way more than we realize... just mostly asymptomatic.. Vaccines FTW! Kinda sucks that everyone isn't and some can't be protected though..

    Had a couple plumbers in the house Tuesday. I did not make them wear masks, but I did open the window in the bathroom they were working in. They were not in any other part of the house for more than 30 seconds at a time. We stood outside on the porch when going over the estimates and paying the bill.

    Baby steps...
    It is my policy to always open the window of any room plumbers are working in, covid or no covid. Also turn on the exhaust fan.

  23. #40548
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I can still smell Poutine.
    Posts
    19,652
    Nothing a buncha crack spackle can't fix.

  24. #40549
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    4,409
    I'm sticking to what I originally said about continuing to being unconcerned with some levels of possible exposure to keep my natural immunity strong.

    https://thehill.com/opinion/healthca...should-follow/

    And yes, some of you sound like serious pussies.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

  25. #40550
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    10,091
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    I'm sticking to what I originally said about continuing to being unconcerned with some levels of possible exposure to keep my natural immunity strong.

    https://thehill.com/opinion/healthca...should-follow/

    And yes, some of you sound like serious pussies.
    Finally?

    BY JEFFREY KLAUSNER AND NOAH KOJIMA, OPINION CONTRIBUTORS - 02/03/22 9:01 AM ET
    THE VIEWS EXPRESSED BY CONTRIBUTORS ARE THEIR OWN AND NOT THE VIEW OF THE HILL
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •