Page 1016 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 ... LastLast
Results 25,376 to 25,400 of 41810

Thread: Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Hey fastfred, its people like you that spread shit around because life is built around you. Fuck you! i have been sick for 25 days and getting worse because of ignorant people.

Hang in there trashcan, hope you turn the corner soon

Did this make it here yet?

Neck gaiters not as awful as reported by the Duke study...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/17/w...e=articleShare

The researchers used a liquid salt solution and a medical nebulizer to simulate saliva and to direct the particles through a tube in the foam head with a gaiter placed over the nose and the mouth. Special instruments measured the quantity and the size of droplets that were able to sneak through the mask.
    Both gaiters prevented 100 percent of very large, 20-micron droplets from splattering another foam head just 30 centimeters away. Both masks blocked 50 percent or more of one-micron aerosols. The single layer gaiter blocked only 10 percent of 0.5-micron particles, while the two-layer gaiter blocked 20 percent. Notably, when the single-layer gaiter was doubled, it blocked more than 90 percent of all particles measured. By comparison, a homemade cotton T-shirt mask, recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, blocked about 40 percent of the smallest particles.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3C83A65F-91EC-4D9E-ADB5-073E1F43C19E.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	775.8 KB 
ID:	337530

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    But the bidet!....
    If you spend that much time washing them then you're just playing with them. No wonder the family complains.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post

ODB!

Quote Originally Posted by Trashcan View Post
    Hey fastfred, its people like you that spread shit around because life is built around you. Fuck you! i have been sick for 25 days and getting worse because of ignorant people.
    you don't want what I have thats for sure
    hope no one has giving you an expiration date, I've been given one
    and yes I"m ignorant and don't give a fuck, you got that right

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Thanks for that. That Duke "study" irritates me. Basically a couple of laser nerds looking for a way to use lasers and then pimping results of a poorly designed technique to every news outlet. Measure at a single plane in front of the mask with no accounting for leaks or actual flow? Fun for the students, sure, but keep that nonsense to yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    you don't want what I have thats for sure
    hope no one has giving you an expiration date, I've been given one
    and yes I"m ignorant and don't give a fuck, you got that right
    Fuck expiration dates. I got one from a professor teaching his fellow that essential skill. It was wrong--intentionally, but not by this much. Protect yourself at all times.

And come on, you know you'd wear a mask 24/7 if it would keep the gapers away. I know I would.

Gapers so gaped they be like goatse.cx

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    I agree.

People post here about their marriage fuckups, medical issues, bad life choices, job struggles...if that becomes ammo in an argument with a longtime maggot this place will get pretty sterile.
    No shit.

It’s not like he’s conservative or something equally horrible

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Thanks for that. That Duke "study" irritates me. Basically a couple of laser nerds looking for a way to use lasers and then pimping results of a poorly designed technique to every news outlet. Measure at a single plane in front of the mask with no accounting for leaks or actual flow? Fun for the students, sure, but keep that nonsense to yourselves.
    There is good evidence which I posted before that 2 layers are better than one. From the article it looks like doubling up a single layer gaiter might be best. I just ordered a Buff gaiter with Windstop on the theory that if it stops the wind it should stop viruses, no? Total speculation on my part. I'm not worried about breathing through it because I would only wear on the lift and in line, not actually skiing. I'll wear that or double up a regular gaiter this coming ski season, if there is a season. My fear is not the virus but the lines. I can see ordinary weekday lines being like weekend powder lines in the past, and weekend powder lines being like . . .don't even think about it.

Wife's uncle in Indiana passed away this morning from Covid. The guy was one of those super religious types who are like crazy religious but in a nice way. Like he was high on Jesus all the time. Wouldn't be surprised at all to learn he got it by continuing to go to church services.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Sorry Lego.

Hey Buster where’s your thread about facial recognition and big brother and all that? This goes in there but I guess it fits here too for contract rat flu tracing.
    https://mashable.com/article/secret-...-surveillance/

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    From NY Times: What if ‘Herd Immunity’ Is Closer Than Scientists Thought?

Scientists have suggested that perhaps 70 percent of a given population must be immune, through vaccination or because they survived the infection. Now, in interviews with The New York Times, more than a dozen scientists said that the threshold is likely to be much lower: just 50 percent, perhaps even less.

In parts of New York, London and Mumbai, for example, it is not inconceivable that there is already substantial immunity to the coronavirus.

https://nyti.ms/34jL2On

I've heard of people getting it twice, nephew of a buddy is an MD in England so he has had lots of exposure, claims to have had it twice, so does recovering from covid mean you are immune or not ??
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Somebody better tell the Koreans about this herd immunity thing. They're all excited about 200 new cases.

Tell the kiwis too. NZ freaking about a few dozen. eta: Oops, apparently they are down to 9 new cases.

And Wuhan's partying with 0 cases.

One American high school can beat that. At least we're winning!
    Last edited by LongShortLong; 08-18-2020 at 12:34 PM. Reason: update NZ number

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post

Even without COVID, fuck. that.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I've heard of people getting it twice, nephew of a buddy is an MD in England so he has had lots of exposure, claims to have had it twice, so does recovering from covid mean you are immune or not ??
    I had virtual Dr appointment yesterday, she (my Dr) told me she has had a few causes where people have the antibody and then get retested sometime later and the antibodies are gone. Strange I think or poor testing.

Quote Originally Posted by ICantLogIn View Post
    I had virtual Dr appointment yesterday, she (my Dr) told me she has had a few causes where people have the antibody and then get retested sometime later and the antibodies are gone. Strange I think or poor testing.
    Antibodies decline when your body doesn't need them. Or for a better description, see Mofro's posts in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    The CDC says no confirmed cases of reinfection.
    https://www.contagionlive.com/news/c...us-reinfection
    That doesn't mean it couldn't happen, but the longer we go without confirmed reinfection the better.
    One problem in confirming reinfection is that infections can linger, can sequester in various parts of the body and then flare up again. Chickenpox for example--if you are older and never vaccinated you probably had chickenpox as a kid and recovered, so presumably you are immune and won't get chickenpox again. But the virus can linger for decades in the nerves and flare up as shingles, so the chickenpox immunity would appear not to be life long. But you can be vaccinated against the shingles as an adult and be protected. I'm sure I've oversimplified it--our resident experts can certainly refine my answer.

But basically with some viruses it's one and done. With others the virus may never be gone. What I'm not sure of is whether there's any example of a virus where the virus is completely cleared by the immune system and then the person gets a new infection with the same virus. All the examples I can think of are of viruses that were never completely cleared. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Even without COVID, fuck. that.
    what will happen when the pool reaches 98% urine?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Herd impurity?

Hey medical folks, Im getting worse wth cough and O2 levels are 92 average. When do i go to the ER?

Wife (nurse) says call primary care doctor or go to Covid clinic not er

Thanks cat got a facetime call with doc tommorow