Page 1565 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 ... LastLast
Results 39,101 to 39,125 of 41810
    Vermont has a good break down of vaxxed/unvaxxed including by age.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1643145537.113109.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	321.1 KB 
ID:	402839Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1643145546.437469.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	270.6 KB 
ID:	402840

https://www.healthvermont.gov/covid-...case-dashboard

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Then we get another shot. You think that will end?
    From what I understand, most scientist think that if Omicron is it, and no other immunity evading variant comes out of the woods, then more shots will not be necessary. But no one can realistically forecast whether Omicron is it. There seems to be a lot of cautious optimism going around though.

Here is something to chew on. Switzerland recently became one of the first nations to separate deaths into three categories; unvaccinated, vaccinated, and vaccinated plus booster. How you interpret the data depends on what you are trying to argue. The difference between unvaccinated and vaccinated/booster is huge. The difference between vaccinated and vaccinated plus booster, not that huge. This doesn't say boosters are not needed (they certainly help). But it also shows how effective the original two dose vaccine is.

To get to my point, what do we hope to accomplish with the vaccine? If the goal is to prevent serious illness and death, we may have already achieved that with what has already been administered. If the goal is to prevent any symptomatic infection, then we will need more shots.

The same people shouting “this is it! Omicron means it’s over! Why won’t they just admit it?!”

are the same mouth breathers shouting “they keep changing their recommendations as time goes on! Why did they say this in spring 2020 if they’re just gonna change later as more data comes in and the virus mutates?! I need to speak to the manager.”

You stuck out on Fireline road?
    I’m not sure what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Sign me up for the monthly vaccine subscription program. Or just put it in my morning coffee, IDGAF.
    I'm guessing six month, six month, then annual.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    The same people shouting “this is it! Omicron means it’s over! Why won’t they just admit it?!”

are the same mouth breathers shouting “they keep changing their recommendations as time goes on! Why did they say this in spring 2020 if they’re just gonna change later as more data comes in and the virus mutates?! I need to speak to the manager.”
    Completely different situation we are currently in than Spring 2020. Before, we were relying on primarily the vaccine giving the world immunity. With Omicron, natural infection is playing a major, major component. Also, with two years of this, and nearly everyone being exposed to the virus now (either vaccinated and exposed, or unvaccinated and exposed), we have literally killed off those most susceptible to serious illness.

Sounds like somebody needs to break into the drug cabinet for the good stuff. Sorry about your career choice in one of the most evil industries in the world, American health care profiteering. And, go fuck yourself, too.
    So does that mean we can sign you up for the "do not admit to the hospital" list. Because if the medical industry is as evil as you say I can't imagine you'd want to be in a hospital no matter how sick you were. And I sure as fuck wouldn't want to be the nurse that had to take care of you.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    You can get this data elsewhere though, take a look at here in Ontario - this data is published daily and aggregated by various citizens for our viewing pleasure.

I would assume that Ontario and the USA populations aren't all that different. Same vaccines essentially, same boosters, equal quality of medical care, same amount of fat ass people, more or less.

So, here's the latest:

Can't find the death data though, but I've seen it before. For deaths, the rate of protection was a little bit worse than ICU, but this is because many deaths are in Long Term Care homes and these people often don't get moved to a hospital ICU. The # of LTC home residents that are vaccinated is very high (over 90%).
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Didn’t Washington state also post these breakdown stats last week and was posted in here (or the other thread)

Edit:

https://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Doc...Vaccinated.pdf

Here are the stats you demanded from the manager Bunny! Gonna take you a few rides up the lift to digest it all. Take a Tylenol for any headaches. Midol for cramps.

That data, like California's seems to end at the end of 2021, so it isn't relevant for Omicron. Oregon's is more recent. With things changing so rapidly the understandable lag in publishing data becomes a problem in trying to understand what's going on. And the data comes down to a preposition: hospitalized WITH covid vs hospitalized FOR covid. No doubt there is some confusion, ambiguity, and inconsistency in the reporting of hospitalization data. Death numbers are more solid.

Interesting to me that the people who are most certain about what is going to happen are the people with no medical background. While they're busy telling the future maybe Benny and altasnob can tell us when we're finally going to get those flying cars.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Interesting to me that the people who are most certain about what is going to happen are the people with no medical background. While they're busy telling the future maybe Benny and altasnob can tell us when we're finally going to get those flying cars.
    That's because world leaders, scientist, doctors, ect. have to be careful what they say. They have reputations to uphold. They can't speculate even if everything suggests that speculation will turn out to be true. That's why I come to TGR. We don't have those social constructs here. Nothing I type on TGR is original thought. It's just a regurgitation what I read elsewhere. And I might say things that I know the author really, really, wants to say but can't.

Flying cars you say?

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/25/busin...cli/index.html

So does that mean we can sign you up for the "do not admit to the hospital" list. Because if the medical industry is as evil as you say I can't imagine you'd want to be in a hospital no matter how sick you were. And I sure as fuck wouldn't want to be the nurse that had to take care of you.

That data, like California's seems to end at the end of 2021, so it isn't relevant for Omicron. Oregon's is more recent. With things changing so rapidly the understandable lag in publishing data becomes a problem in trying to understand what's going on. And the data comes down to a preposition: hospitalized WITH covid vs hospitalized FOR covid. No doubt there is some confusion, ambiguity, and inconsistency in the reporting of hospitalization data. Death numbers are more solid.

Ha, yeah, I'm not surprised at the blackmail. Where else am I going to go? Shame about your injury there, Mr. Profane. Wouldn't want something to happen to it. Mobster mentality

I sure as shit would never get into an ambulance with a trauma injury these days, if I was awake. That's like opening a black hole under your net worth. Which, I bet they check at the front desk.

Furgetabout medi vac choppers. No fucking way.

Last night local news reported a new Omicron sub variant in WA.

Cases soaring here in SEWA
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Last night local news reported a new Omicron sub variant in WA.

Cases soaring here in SEWA
    KQ…David Muir and ABC news are gonna have a field day tonight with reports of the new variant….

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    If you have to wait months of no new cases and hospitalizations before you go out and do whatever it is you were waiting two years to do, you are going to be wasting half of this six month reprieve I speak of.
    Personally I'm not waiting. I've traveled to Europe, Canada, and Utah in the last three months. I'm just saying at this point it's premature to start rolling back things like mask mandates and proof of vaccination.

That's because world leaders, scientist, doctors, ect. have to be careful what they say. They have reputations to uphold. They can't speculate even if everything suggests that speculation will turn out to be true. That's why I come to TGR. We don't have those social constructs here. Nothing I type on TGR is original thought. It's just a regurgitation what I read elsewhere. And I might say things that I know the author really, really, wants to say but can't.
    Simplistic self-centered bs
    ethical, educational, experiential standards of care still matter
    normal people don’t set them aside because they are online

So I’ve had an interesting twelve hours or so……Woke up around 0300 with really painful swollen glands. Took some ibuprofen and tried to go back to sleep. At around 0700, still no relief, so I took a Tylenol……And immediately had the same adverse reaction I had a couple of weeks ago when I had COVID and took a NyQuil tablet, which also includes acetomenifen (sp?)…I’m talking full body hives, swollen face, neck, etc…….I was freaking the fuck out. Took two Benadryl, which alleviated the allergic reaction symptoms, but then the GI issues started. Vomiting, diarrhea, the works……I’ve basically been able to keep a piece of toast down all day and have never felt more nauseous in my life…..Anyone here ever heard of that kind of reaction to Tylenol? I’ve taken it plenty of times before, no issue…..WTF I feel worse than when I had the Vid………
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Lonely old ex patroller in ski country should not cast stones.
    At least I did something with my life that allowed me to help skiers. WTF have you ever done? BTW this is a ski forum

And who has + 50K posts?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

More

-snob

B.s. .

skiJ
    Last edited by skiJ; 01-25-2022 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Right. And trust me in between trips to the toilet I’ve been “doing my own research”……My question is why now? I honestly feel like I was one step shy of full on anaphylaxis……
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

I'd probably want to ask my doctor in a zoom or phone visit. And pass on the Tylanol. Heal up.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    You must be young and healthy with minimal contact with the medical industry.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Simplistic self-centered bs
    normal people don’t set them aside because they are online
    I want to know what the world's experts think off the record, after taking a fat bong rip and throwing back a few IPAs, kicking it with their friends. I want to know what they say in the war room. I've read every single COVID opinion piece published in the NYTimes and they are all such fluff. I want to know what these guys and girls are REALLY thinking. What they would say to Joe Biden. Not what they would tell the masses in an op-ed.

I'm sure Mofro et. al., and all the scientist we have been following, have some things they would like to share but they just can't, because of who they are. I get that. That's what I meant by "they have reputations to uphold."

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    I'd probably want to ask my doctor in a zoom or phone visit. And pass on the Tylanol. Heal up.
    Thank you. Video call tomorrow at 0900. Tylenol is in the toilet. With my innards.
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Thank you. Video call tomorrow at 0900. Tylenol is in the toilet. With my innards.
    Wow dude, hope it's OK. You've been battling this a long time.. all year! Report back after you talk to the doc please!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I want to know what the world's experts think off the record, after taking a fat bong rip and throwing back a few IPAs, kicking it with their friends. I want to know what they say in the war room. I've read every single COVID opinion piece published in the NYTimes and they are all such fluff. I want to know what these guys and girls are REALLY thinking. What they would say to Joe Biden. Not what they would tell the masses in an op-ed.

I'm sure Mofro et. al., and all the scientist we have been following, have some things they would like to share but they just can't, because of who they are. I get that. That's what I meant by "they have reputations to uphold."
    Mind blowing. WTF is Bromontana? This just begs for a good meming.

GL seano!