Page 682 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 ... LastLast
Results 17,026 to 17,050 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Haven't been keeping up with this thread, but someone just sent me this video, food for thought. (YouTube keeps taking it down, hopefully this one will stay up)

I really don't know who to believe any more.
    Definitely believe YouTube videos that steer you to a conclusion.
    Definitely.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Have disclaimers stopped people from smoking, drinking & driving, eating Tide pods, drinking bleach or "don't do this at home"?
    to quote Ricky Gervais “ We live a world where there are warnings on bottles of bleach — we have to tell people not to drink bleach. In that world, Trump can be president.”

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Seriously, headlines like "[URGERT] PROOF THAT BILL GATES PATENTED CORONAVIRUS IN 2016"
    Well, he works with them computers. Can't trust them brainiacs!

Some of the shit I've seen flung around FB from people I'd otherwise consider somewhat intelligent is utterly dumbfounding.

Seriously, headlines like "[URGERT] PROOF THAT BILL GATES PATENTED CORONAVIRUS IN 2016"

Talk about a good brainwashing, WTF are these people watching that they actually believe this stuff. I mean, I don't even think the magnets/aliens meme can do this justice.
    thats ^^ so dumb cuz ever one knows Covid19 is propagated by 5g

besides the real reason Bill Gates prospered is cuz IBM was so fucking stupid

having said that i hope they don't read this and stop sending the checks
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Haven't been keeping up with this thread, but someone just sent me this video, food for thought. (YouTube keeps taking it down, hopefully this one will stay up)

I really don't know who to believe any more.
    All it takes is some bullshit like this to make you question who to believe? Are you an idiot?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    besides the real reason Bill Gates prospered is cuz IBM was so fucking stupid
    Nope, it's 'cause DR couldn't make the first meeting, msft was the second and they didn't miss it.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Capitalism is evil, part 2564:

Frontier Airlines is selling a social distancing upgrade for $39

Democrats on Capitol Hill are blasting a plan by Frontier Airlines to sell a social distancing upgrade to passengers concerned about the novel coronavirus.

Frontier says that starting Friday, customers will be able pay $39 to guarantee a spot on the plane next to an open middle seat as a way to maintain social distancing during the coronavirus pandemic

Other airlines are taking similar steps to spread passengers out, but they are not charging fees.
    This must be some sort of psychological test.
    If they buy the upgrade, will they also pay a premium to be in a roped off no-peeing section of a swimming pool?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Capitalism is evil, part 2564:

Frontier Airlines is selling a social distancing upgrade for $39

Democrats on Capitol Hill are blasting a plan by Frontier Airlines to sell a social distancing upgrade to passengers concerned about the novel coronavirus.

Frontier says that starting Friday, customers will be able pay $39 to guarantee a spot on the plane next to an open middle seat as a way to maintain social distancing during the coronavirus pandemic

Other airlines are taking similar steps to spread passengers out, but they are not charging fees.

I already looked at this and unfortunately there were not any good times currently for me to buy tickets.

if you look at it, this is like frontier airlines giving you a first class seat for $39 more. take a look at first class seats sometimes; they are a lot more than $39 over a regular fare.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

What leadership looks like in 21st Century America.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...691_story.html
    If you don't like what the experts are telling you, fire the experts.

birdhunter=2020 iskibc

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    I already looked at this and unfortunately there were not any good times currently for me to buy tickets.

if you look at it, this is like frontier airlines giving you a first class seat for $39 more. take a look at first class seats sometimes; they are a lot more than $39 over a regular fare.
    I feel so sad for you. You really have no idea what a first class seat is like. Do they not even allow you to look that direction when you get shuffled to the back?

Some of the shit I've seen flung around FB from people I'd otherwise consider somewhat intelligent is utterly dumbfounding.

Talk about a good brainwashing, WTF are these people watching that they actually believe this stuff. I mean, I don't even think the magnets/aliens meme can do this justice.
    I keep thinking, "How can someone that is otherwise smart be that fucking dumb?"

And then the followup... "I'm too stupid to know the answer to that question so what good am I?"

from the governor of new York:

"NY Gov. Cuomo says it's 'shocking' most new coronavirus hospitalizations are people staying home"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ny...D=ansmsnnews11

"The early look at data from 100 New York hospitals, or around 1,000 people, shows that 66% of new admissions related to the coronavirus are people who were at home, Cuomo said. The next highest source of admissions in the state were from nursing homes at 18%.

"This is a surprise: Overwhelmingly, the people were at home," Cuomo said. "We thought maybe they were taking public transportation, and we've taken special precautions on public transportation, but actually no, because these people were literally at home.""

"Cuomo said that nearly 84% of the hospitalized cases were people who were at home and not frequently taking transportation. Approximately 73% of those hospitalized were over the age of 51, according to data from Cuomo. "

>>well, well, well.

study shows that sitting in your house avoids nothing, which should have been apparent long ago as the virus has been detected everywhere, even in no wheres-ville montana; unless you live in a vaccum; you will come in contact with it. luckily it's only infecting still a 1/2 percent of the population, the hospitalization rate is even lower than that and the death rate is at 1000's of a percent.

you all say i'm a trumper, no trump is pathetic; I would have opened up the country on april 1st as by that time enough of the world had shown the infection rate was very low with much worse medical systems than the usa.

a coming recession and maybe depression over something we all will and most likely have encountered already that is infecting a 1/2 percent of us, most with no symptooms according to the new York governor, good move usa and trump
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

X

I don't know how much good a cheap paper mask does for keeping viruses out but it is fantastic for cutting down a tree during allergy season. Which I knew that 60 years ago. I won't make fun of those people ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    At least our leaders have the backbone to stand up for themselves.

Attachment 327575
    I will not bow to our Liberian overlords.

from the governor of new York:

"NY Gov. Cuomo says it's 'shocking' most new coronavirus hospitalizations are people staying home"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ny...D=ansmsnnews11

"The early look at data from 100 New York hospitals, or around 1,000 people, shows that 66% of new admissions related to the coronavirus are people who were at home, Cuomo said. The next highest source of admissions in the state were from nursing homes at 18%.

"This is a surprise: Overwhelmingly, the people were at home," Cuomo said. "We thought maybe they were taking public transportation, and we've taken special precautions on public transportation, but actually no, because these people were literally at home.""

"Cuomo said that nearly 84% of the hospitalized cases were people who were at home and not frequently taking transportation. Approximately 73% of those hospitalized were over the age of 51, according to data from Cuomo. "

>>well, well, well.

study shows that sitting in your house avoids nothing, which should have been apparent long ago as the virus has been detected everywhere, even in no wheres-ville montana; unless you live in a vaccum; you will come in contact with it. luckily it's only infecting still a 1/2 percent of the population, the hospitalization rate is even lower than that and the death rate is at 1000's of a percent.

you all say i'm a trumper, no trump is pathetic; I would have opened up the country on april 1st as by that time enough of the world had shown the infection rate was very low with much worse medical systems than the usa.

a coming recession and maybe depression over something we all will and most likely have encountered already that is infecting a 1/2 percent of us, most with no symptooms according to the new York governor, good move usa and trump
    Wait .... how many people are infected?

study shows that sitting in your house avoids nothing, which should have been apparent long ago as the virus has been detected everywhere, even in no wheres-ville montana; unless you live in a vaccum; you will come in contact with it.
    The reason for this has already been discussed numerous times: it's multigenerational households.

Many have assumed density, as in lots of people on the street, is fueling NYC's outbreak. But the data, starting with China then Iran and Italy and so on, shows most transmission occurs within the household. For all the talk about NYC being unique, maybe because of its subway, there's a good chance that it comes down to bad luck. A few super-spreaders, waiting a few days too long to enact control measures, or even the very real possibility of Italian-Americans fleeing Italy and inadvertently spreading the disease in the absence of tests and quarantines.

Looking at the data, the infection spread quickly in neighborhoods with high percentages of multigenerational households. Poverty and bad diet may lead to worse outcomes but the higher transmission rates in poor neighborhoods is not necessarily because of behavior per se but instead because oftentimes there are several generations living under one roof. It also explains why nursing homes, meatpacking plants and prisons are vulnerable.

Finally I can kick the kids out! huzzah!

How localized is your density?

If there's 4 units within 6 inches of one another and none within another mile radius, is that high density or not?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

you all say i'm a trumper, no trump is pathetic;
    Nope. You're a Nazi

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    How localized is your density?

If there's 4 units within 6 inches of one another and none within another mile radius, is that high density or not?
    In a scenario with no one living within a mile the issue isn't proximity, it's someone coming into contact with an infected person and then spreading it at home. In rural areas it's going to church or a social function or some other prolonged contact and then bringing it home.

Social distancing is a good rule of thumb but strategic reduction of contact is what really matters.

I'm bored, so I ran some numbers, comparing case rates (per population) from 3/30, versus 5/5 (yesterday), and looking at the case rate multiples. Nationwide, the average change in case rate during that period is 9x. (Obviously, accuracy varies a lot due to variations in how half-assed testing has been.) Data source NYT.

Biggest changes (double or more the national multiple):
    Nebraska 54x (went from #51 case rate ranking up to #13)
    Rhode Island 34x
    South Dakota 30x
    Iowa 30x
    Delaware 23x
    Maryland 22x
    Virginia 20x
    Kansas 18x

Least changes:
    Montana 3x (also, currently ranked #51, best, in case rate)
    Alaska 3x
    Washington 4x
    Vermont 4x
    Hawaii 4x
    Maine 5x
    Oregon 5x
    New York 6x (still #1 case rate though)
    (the next five on the list are all inland western states, NV, ID, UT, WY, and CO)

California's near the national average, at 10x.

Overall:
    - The west, other than New Mexico, has been doing relatively well.
    - Northeast was bad and is still bad, some northeast states having gotten quite a bit worse, and Maine and Vermont managing to stay out of the fray.
    - Things aren't looking good at all in some of those mid-country states.
    - Deep south is mostly sticking to the national average in terms of spread.
    - Who knows what's really happening in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    The reason for this has already been discussed numerous times: it's multigenerational households.

Many have assumed density, as in lots of people on the street, is fueling NYC's outbreak. But the data, starting with China then Iran and Italy and so on, shows most transmission occurs within the household. For all the talk about NYC being unique, maybe because of its subway, there's a good chance that it comes down to bad luck. A few super-spreaders, waiting a few days too long to enact control measures, or even the very real possibility of Italian-Americans fleeing Italy and inadvertently spreading the disease in the absence of tests and quarantines.

Looking at the data, the infection spread quickly in neighborhoods with high percentages of multigenerational households. Poverty and bad diet may lead to worse outcomes but the higher transmission rates in poor neighborhoods is not necessarily because of behavior per se but instead because oftentimes there are several generations living under one roof. It also explains why nursing homes, meatpacking plants and prisons are vulnerable.
    As I observe neighbors and friends I see that people are much more comfortable getting up close and personal with family and friends than with strangers, even though people you know are no less likely to be infected than a stranger, on average. It is true that you know something about people you know--whether they've been going to church or bars or work in a hospital with a lot of covid patients, but people still feel more comfortable with non-strangers even when they have high risk exposure. My wife is much more comfortable letting people into the house, even though she stays home herself.

Very informative