Page 460 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 ... LastLast
Results 11,476 to 11,500 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

I only ask because I totally dismissed my GF when she told me Bill & Melinda had their foundation create CV-19 in a lab so they could develop a vaccine from which they would profit. It sounds ludicrous to me but maybe I have no clue.
    So you think that it's possible?

Ugh... there is a FB post running on a page I loosely follow where people are mocking CV-19 deaths saying it's fake news.
    There is special place in hell for these kind of people... metaphorically speaking

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Yeah, sure. Who knows? I mean, the guy like invented computers, right?

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    - More than two months spent telling the American public COVID-19 was no worse than the flu

Did you catch his response to this question at today's briefing? He claims when he said it's no worse than the flu that he was referring to the Spanish Flu from 1918. This fucking guy ....

Start at 1:51:40

Can we circle back to this comment for a second? I have a serious question. I only know Bill through equestrian pursuits and he's always been nice/seemed sane/reasonable. Are you saying he's not what he seems? Is he bad/evil/underhanded/calculating?

I only ask because I totally dismissed my GF when she told me Bill & Melinda had their foundation create CV-19 in a lab so they could develop a vaccine from which they would profit. It sounds ludicrous to me but maybe I have no clue.
    I hope you slapped her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I hope you slapped her.
    A woman bitch slapping a bitch

Can I watch?
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    The President is not to blame for the epidemic. The lack of preparedness of the United States for a pandemic is Trump’s fault.
    Well said. And 100% true.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Ya, IHME model has more dead in UK than Italy, Spain, France, and Germany, combined. And not far off total deaths in US.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...study-predicts
    It’s gonna be pretty rough.

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    It is not trumps fault that the american medical stystem cannot handle this pandemic.

The roots and history goes back.
    You need free public healthcare.

Big hospitals with goid equipment. The rest.... ahhh...... wash your hands

Sent from ullr with love!
    Protecting country from threats including pandemics is the president’s job. If threats become reality, it is the president’s job to lead the efforts to defeat the threat and protect the people.

trump has failed on both counts.

How is there still not a national lockdown ?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Because Trump was too pussy to do it.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Because I think that takes a little more legal work. State's rights and all that. Not sure, PM rontele

John Prine passed away a little bit ago

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...e-obit-253684/

Less than a mile from me is a long-term care facility, where as of today, 24 residents and 23 staff members have tested positive for COVID-19. Police blocked the driveway. Only paramedics are at the entrance.

Shit is getting real.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    My daughter is fully convinced. He is going to corner the bogus vaccine market.
    I’m disappointed.

@ncskier, re: John Prine: aw fuck. man I was hoping he would make it. RIP.

He was a prime target. RIP

Well, it's good to hear a coach speak the truth. Football is money. We can sacrifice a few for the state.

"Saying that people in his state are relying on the revenue generated by his players, Oklahoma State football coach Mike Gundy declared his intention Tuesday to begin bringing members of his program back to the school’s training facility May 1.

Speaking on a conference call with reporters, Gundy said he thought tests for the novel coronavirus could be available in a few weeks to allow his program to begin screening staffers, with his players returning shortly thereafter. He added that his players could be back on campus in the fall, even if other OSU students continue with distance learning, or that his players could be sequestered from the rest of the school to limit their exposure to covid-19.

“In my opinion, we need to bring our players back,” said Gundy (via Sports Illustrated), who has posted a 129-64 record over 15 seasons with the Cowboys. “They are 18, 19, 20, 21 and 22 years old, and they are healthy and they have the ability to fight this virus off.

“If that is true, then we sequester them and continue, because we need to run money through the state of Oklahoma.”"

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    It’s gonna be pretty rough.
    That brief period of trying for herd immunity was a horrific idea and I’m sure is the cause of all the massive problems now.

On PBS tonight--interview with an EMT in a virus hot spot--I didn't catch where but all his runs are COVID. $37K a year . . . an no health insurance. The shit salary doesn't shock me. The lack of health insurance does. I thought I knew how fucked this country is. Guess I'm still naive.

Oh, and Donald wants to withdraw funding from the WHO. That'll teach them to criticize him. What a fucking baby he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, it's good to hear a coach speak the truth. Football is money. We can sacrifice a few for the state.

"Saying that people in his state are relying on the revenue generated by his players, Oklahoma State football coach Mike Gundy declared his intention Tuesday to begin bringing members of his program back to the school’s training facility May 1.

Speaking on a conference call with reporters, Gundy said he thought tests for the novel coronavirus could be available in a few weeks to allow his program to begin screening staffers, with his players returning shortly thereafter. He added that his players could be back on campus in the fall, even if other OSU students continue with distance learning, or that his players could be sequestered from the rest of the school to limit their exposure to covid-19.

“In my opinion, we need to bring our players back,” said Gundy (via Sports Illustrated), who has posted a 129-64 record over 15 seasons with the Cowboys. “They are 18, 19, 20, 21 and 22 years old, and they are healthy and they have the ability to fight this virus off.

“If that is true, then we sequester them and continue, because we need to run money through the state of Oklahoma.”"
    Who they gonna play?

Where they gonna play? Who gonna come?

"Stay Calm and Invest in Fossil Fuels"

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    On PBS tonight--interview with an EMT in a virus hot spot--I didn't catch where but all his runs are COVID. $37K a year . . . an no health insurance. The shit salary doesn't shock me. The lack of health insurance does. I thought I knew how fucked this country is. Guess I'm still naive.
    Yeah, particularly given that the cost of an ambulance ride is shockingly high (I know, I had one a few months ago; the ride in a CalFire Huey was free, the ambulance ride when we touched down was $WTF).

Went grocery shopping today and dutifully wore a mask. I'm don't sew and the rubber-band/bandanna thing didn't really work IMO so I wore one of my N95s that I use on the farm. Not very comfortable and quite strange to wear out in public. I'd guestimate that maybe 1 in 10 people were wearing masks. Some stores all the clerks wore them others none did. Social distancing was haphazard. Saw a lot of people wearing gloves but no mask.

The sole exception once again was the cannabis stores which were militant about social distancing and wearing masks & gloves. Go figure.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism