Page 362 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 ... LastLast
Results 9,026 to 9,050 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post

Also, Cocaine seems to be a great way to spread around a virus that attacks the respiratory system. Just sayin...
    Shitty coke summit county hmmmm interesting to see how that plays out so I shouldn't be surprised if certain people get sick

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Hmm, I've been squirting pretty bad for a few days. I figured it was because I was drinking too much stout and eating too much fresh food (before we get to the frozen). Guess I better pay attention.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    what about my theory - swallow a capsule containing a small amount of covid virus - capsule dissolves in your stomach - virus causes gi illness (vomitting, stomach pains, diarrhea) for a week or two - immune system kicks and and deals with it - you get "immunity" - lungs never see the virus so stay "safe and healthy"
    Hoop it, just to be safe

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Neighbor was exposed to another worker who has tested positive.

He says his lymph glands are swollen, seems too son given the exposure date was Tuesday.

See how it plays.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

what about my theory - swallow a capsule containing a small amount of covid virus - capsule dissolves in your stomach - virus causes gi illness (vomitting, stomach pains, diarrhea) for a week or two - immune system kicks and and deals with it - you get "immunity" - lungs never see the virus so stay "safe and healthy"
    I say try it.

Could also shove a Covid suppository up your ass and get the first Anal Covid case. I

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I think the Gates thing was because parts of the country will get this in a big way quite a bit later than others so, best to have the Feds just keep it locked down until it's all clear (as much as possible) everywhere. Places that got it early would be over the rush and chomping at the bit before the whole thing was over. I think it's a pretty poor idea overall.

NYC rumor is they're building a morgue on East 23rd St. in a parking lot.
    They're always building something in parking lots in Manhattan. That's why it costs so much to park.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Something to digest.
    Nice pun

Read ...
    https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...side-a-patient

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	39062508-8566-4313-8713-055D78302A96.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	615.4 KB 
ID:	322588

No rest for the wicked.

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 9.15.37 PM.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	591.8 KB 
ID:	322589

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 9.15.57 PM.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	514.9 KB 
ID:	322590

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 9.16.14 PM.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	506.8 KB 
ID:	322591

We are all this woman ...

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Word on the street for a few Seattle school districts is that they’ll open early May. District’s believing the children’s education and parental job situation as a driver. Gates foundation is providing info to one district my wife teaches for - forecasting 5/4 school start provides enough curve clearance. We’re down
    Where did you get that word from? Once schools go back then with that logic all other businesses and restaurants would have to be allowed as well which means this just blows up again.

My money is on next fall with the expectation that online schooling would be prepped and ready to go given the inevitable surges and tamp downs.

Im betting it tapers in a couple months. We let our guard down, get complacent and get wrecked in the fall. Im staying w the cleaning and distancing until theres a vacine

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Im betting it tapers in a couple months. We let our guard down, get complacent and get wrecked in the fall. Im staying w the cleaning and distancing until theres a vacine

You're referring to "the dance"

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coron...e-be9337092b56

Chinese Rat Flu

I have a bad gut feeling this will be the outcome as well. Plus a dose of conspiracy nut and other claiming it was no big deal in between just to make it really sting when it comes roaring back

I think this is already happening. People have been at home, working and otherwise, for the past week, and they and their friends have not gotten sick. Compound this with daily updates by media, with indications in regional areas that 'today' numbers are down, so there must already be a trend, and folks are chomping at the bit to return to normal. We are not a patient society at the best of times. I think we will see a lot of regional outbreaks over the next few weeks where previously the outbreak was fairly limited. I think we have several more weeks of lockdown before we can draw any such conclusions.

I hope I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Yeah, I think a lot of people still think this is a $ 1200.00 cash payment. Its a no interest loan.
    Fuck.

No. Goddammit. It’s an advance on a refundable credit you would not have had otherwise.

Unless you mean we as a society need to pay for it some way some how. But that shit has interest.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    I think this is already happening. People have been at home, working and otherwise, for the past week, and they and their friends have not gotten sick. Compound this with daily updates by media, with indications in regional areas that 'today' numbers are down, so there must already be a trend, and folks are chomping at the bit to return to normal. We are not a patient society at the best of times. I think we will see a lot of regional outbreaks over the next few weeks where previously the outbreak was fairly limited. I think we have several more weeks of lockdown before we can draw any such conclusions.

I hope I am wrong.
    Nope. Look at Italy. They aren't even thinking of relaxing. And we are far from as locked down as them. Hell, we now have a substantial portion of our population still convinced this is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post

I hope I am wrong.
    where do you see 'today' numbers down???
    Nowhere. And all the John Burch Murdoch graphs are going to look worse tomorrow. and the lake is starting to fill with lily pads
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Diamond Joe, where you at?
    Sorry man, focused on my 2nd career

Fire/EMS update, EC version:
    We are at 3,250 confirmed cases in the state (MA) with 35 deaths. Seano, kind of surprised you guys are talking about overwhelming the morgues when you have only ~100 cases and ONE death in the state. We have 30 times the cases and 30+ times the deaths and that has not come up at all here (yet). Not to minimize the issue - or the danger you guys are facing - in NM, but in comparison you have very very low amounts of infections/deaths.

Fingers crossed for our FF's cause we have NOT implemented any sort of testing strategy for our members, even with 3,000+ cases in the state, except for the "if you're sick, stay home" directive. PPE supplies are holding out, except my house only has ONE jar of disinfecting wipes left - those things are worth their weight in gold right now. Masks/Gowns/Gloves are holding steady. I'd like to say call volume is down overall, because it is, but we had a bit of snow/slush/rain the other night and it was a shitshow - 10 calls up to the highway for people off the road or crashing in one way or another in a 2 hour timeframe. Veritable traffic jam on the highway made me wonder WHERE ARE ALL YOU PEOPLE GOING??? Social distancing non-existent at the supermarkets, both of which are pretty well stocked. Covid 19 drive-through testing site has been set up for first responders, but only one in the state at the moment.

As a whole, firefighters are doing ok, with about 10,000 IAFF (union) members in the USA, there have only been 165 quarantined and 14 positive for the virus. Not too bad for front line workers (yet). Fingers crossed. All three of our local hospitals are busy, but have beds available still. Steady low-level anxiety for me as well, the stress of being out and about interacting with the public is palpable. (Still responding to idiots who can't figure out what a "low battery alarm" is in a smoke/CO detector, still responding to people settting off smoke detectors cooking, etc.) We DO have a list ("highly confidential" lol) of houses in our response area with people quarantined and/or positive cases of covid19, so if we do get a call to a house where we know there is a high danger, we can take "appropriate measures". Still, walking into a strange house feels like playing russian roulette a little bit.

+++vibes for a MAYDAY situation and RIT - just goes to show the job is dangerous enough WITHOUT a global pandemic adding to it.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Nowhere. And all the John Burch Murdoch graphs are going to look worse tomorrow. and the lake is starting to fill with lily pads

Snowing hard in Denver right now. Homeless are going to have a rough night.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Bloody CBC news report for BC
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...irus-1.5512269
    Most people on social media don't get to the bit that we are not out of the woods yet. Even discussing a trend that is only a day or two old strikes me as problematic when attempting to inform the public. The radio soundbite is even worse.

Some good shit streaming for more then 24 hrs. Bounce off your walls. Earlier sets from today available on their channel too.

9 and 10 pm are going to be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Was listening to a Covid19 news program on the radio an hour or so ago. They were interviewing an 'expert' who was predicting this to go on in some form until the end of 2021.

Are we going to have another thread "Covid19 affected my 2021 ski season"?

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Could also shove a Covid suppository up your ass and get the first Anal Covid case.
    I wouldn't recommend it. Butt ventilators are in really short supply.