Page 1552 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 ... LastLast
Results 38,776 to 38,800 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    At this point we are beyond masks. It’s not because masks don’t work it’s because people don’t wear them. It’s because we never really had real lockdowns or enforced mask requirements. Really when you go out in public and half or more of the people won’t mask, what’s the point? What’s the point for the majority of mask wearers if they can’t wear them properly? Go to a restaurant and you have to mask and in some cases prove vaccination, but only to enter or exit and when you order or use the restroom. We’ve failed at even the most basic measures of mitigation because of selfishness and lack of discipline.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It's absurd on this ski trip I'm on. You actually have to mask to walk into a restaraunt, but, as soon as you're seated you can unmask and drink and eat and shout with 50-100 other people in a crowded, low cieling room for an hour or more. The ultimate spreader event, the only thing worse is a spin class. That's why I say it's over. No way we're going back to masking everywhere and closed restaraunts. If you're unvaccinated, sorry, that's on you. The rest of us are back to life.
    If you want to argue that the hospitals are strained, well, as I said, that's a whole other argument that maybe our profit driven hospital industry simply is unprepared for situations like this. But, nope, blame the victims. That's easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    If you're unvaccinated, sorry, that's on you.... But, nope, blame the victims. That's easier.
    Shortened that for ya

I dont care about bars and restaurants because nobody (except the workers, which sucks but I don't know the solution for that) HAS to go into them.

It really passes me off that people dont/won't wear masks at places like grocery stores, doctor offices, public transit, public buildings, etc.

All places that people can't easily avoid and most people don't have to be in there very long.

Have your freedumb and do whatever you want, but you really cannot be bothered to wear a mask to protect all the strangers from your freedumb for just a little bit?

And I fucking hate the argument that nobody is stopping anyone else from wearing a mask. Thats true, but when someone wears a mask it keeps their virus in, where as if they had the virus and didn't mask they'd be spraying it all over the place infecting all the other unmasked and potentially the poorly masked, too.

Who the hell isn't willing to do that for a fellow human? What the fuck is wrong with people?

And not everyone has access to good n95 or kn95 masks. They are expensive. There are counterfeit masks. Some people have a hard time getting them on correctly. Some people are old and don't understand or stupid and really susceptible to trumpism. Those people are usually higher risk people likely to end up in the hospital.

You all are fairly intelligent, able bodied skiers.

If everyone wears a mask, the amount of virus circulating is drastically reduced. That is good for everyone.

I dont understand people and their selfishness at all.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Fun fakt:[/ATTACH]
    We've gone over Japan extensively way back when in this thread, but worth revisiting. Hint: Lack of masks aren't exactly our root problem. See below for a clue...

Fun fakt #2: Japan isn't a country full of mobility scooter riding fat asses.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    We've gone over Japan extensively way back when in this thread, but worth revisiting. Hint: Lack of masks aren't exactly our root problem. See below for a clue...

Japan is also way more densely populated and way more people rely on public transportation.

Japan also has a way older population than the usa.

Shut up. You know nothing.

Put your mask on, asshole.

I'd say it's many factors. The US has 18 times more deaths per capita as Japan, but also 13 times more total CASES per capita. Not sure how that disparity can be explained simply by saying we've got more fatties.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Liam Nissan thinks the main difference between US and Japan is masks? What about Japan being one of the least obese countries on earth, highest life expectancy, healthiest diets, most educated, and best universal healthcare? Japan ranks among the best in all of those categories. Japan has been one of the least locked down nations during the pandemic. Schools have remained opened, as have restaurants at full capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    It's also a highly xenophobic society that has restricted international arrivals.
    Lovely how the irony is lost on both of you. Murica! Posting their knowledge while gargling a mixture of urine and bleach. Git sum

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    At this point we are beyond masks. It’s not because masks don’t work it’s because people don’t wear them. It’s because we never really had real lockdowns or enforced mask requirements.
    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Here is Durham, the mask compliance is probably 90% indoors, and big stinkeyes and public shaming for the idiots who still won't comply. The cops are behind it and folks know if a business owner calls them they will show up and remove folks as needed.

But, step foot more than 10 miles away from a major university center... or off campus in a one college town and ya, it's a fucking joke..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Yeah, well, if they're so smart, then who won the second world war?

The strange thing is that they make such bloody good cameras.

Ironing

Only reading this page, MU and Benny opinions closely mirror my own. Like this one: "Strong work. My sentiments exactly. This country is circling the drain". While I am happy to wear a mask, in most instances I find it stoopid because everyone isn't doing it. To walk into a restaurant to immediately remove it Same thing at the dentist and on and on.
    In this country I think it is every man for himself right now and you better be vaxed and try to stay in good health (I am 30lbs overweight) and avoid venues that could be spreading events. Fact is, I think this virus is only getting started. Omicron could of just as easily morfed into a more deadly and contagious virus and that is likely just over the horizon. A bunch of people in this country are going to die before it is all over, I am sorry to say. So while everyone has an opinion, it really doesn't matter at the end of the day. Do the best you can to stay safe while trying to live your life is all I got.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    While I am happy to wear a mask, in most instances I find it stoopid because everyone isn't doing it. To walk into a restaurant to immediately remove it Same thing at the dentist and on and on.
    So you're like a middle schooler? You can't do something if everyone else isnt?

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I'd say it's many factors. The US has 18 times more deaths per capita as Japan, but also 13 times more total CASES per capita. Not sure how that disparity can be explained simply by saying we've got more fatties.
    Agreed. It IS many factors. And really worth paying closer to attention to. It certainly goes beyond US = Fat & Japan = Not fat, but it's also waaaaaaay over-simplistic to just key in on masks too. Sure, that's likely a key component, but with or without COVID, Japan was already kicking our asses in the mortality department. Now throw COVID into the mix and we were kind of screwed from the get go. I place a lot of the blame on our disgusting lifestyles as a nation. We're kind of filthy compared to them in many regards. Shoes in the house is an easy example to pick on.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Only reading this page, MU and Benny opinions closely mirror my own. Like this one: "Strong work. My sentiments exactly. This country is circling the drain". While I am happy to wear a mask, in most instances I find it stoopid because everyone isn't doing it. To walk into a restaurant to immediately remove it Same thing at the dentist and on and on.
    In this country I think it is every man for himself right now and you better be vaxed and try to stay in good health (I am 30lbs overweight) and avoid venues that could be spreading events. Fact is, I think this virus is only getting started. Omicron could of just as easily morfed into a more deadly and contagious virus and that is likely just over the horizon. A bunch of people in this country are going to die before it is all over, I am sorry to say. So while everyone has an opinion, it really doesn't matter at the end of the day. Do the best you can to stay safe while trying to live your life is all I got.

Or, as I heard a scientist say in the podcast I posted way back, Omicron could be the world's mass vaccination event, and then we will live with this thing like influenza or the common cold.

Quote Originally Posted by skiskiskiskiski View Post
    So you're like a middle schooler? You can't do something if everyone else isnt?
    That's all you got? Shit, now I am convinced to mask up 24/7
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I don't recall hearing about any "Freedom" rallies in Japan.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    There is no we.
    I guess its time to repost this
    Looking at bunny and live2dowhathewants

And if we accept that as reality, what then?

Agreed. It IS many factors. And really worth paying closer to attention to. It certainly goes beyond US = Fat & Japan = Not fat, but it's also waaaaaaay over-simplistic to just key in on masks too. Sure, that's likely a key component, but with or without COVID, Japan was already kicking our asses in the mortality department. Now throw COVID into the mix and we were kind of screwed from the get go. I place a lot of the blame on our disgusting lifestyles as a nation. We're kind of filthy compared to them in many regards. Shoes in the house is an easy example to pick on.
    A lot of it is the superiour azn gene cuz Japan has been # 1 for ever while USA and Cuba have been neck n neck for years at 35th \

so everybody kicks the USA when it comes what country lives longer
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Late 80's early 90's we had japanese tourists by the bus load in banff. We had 200 rental bikes and most would go out in the am and then like clockwork we'd have an early afternoon shower and they'd all come back to be rented out again afyer the shower stopped. 2 full day rentals most days. Many were japanese tourists, wearing masks. We thought it must be the big city smog and they were just wearing them out of habit. Whst else could it be? Little did we know then, and apparently now

I used to see lots of people of Asian descent on the subway wearing masks, and sometimes, like during SARS I would wonder if they had been exposed or something. Now I greatly appreciate that they were being considerate, exposed or not, keeping their germs to themselves. The world is going to be forever changed because of this, and if people keep wearing masks on public transit and give up on handshakes I am fine with it.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I'm willing to do my part by eating more sushi if it will help.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I'm willing to do my part by eating more sushi if it will help.
    Sushi is a treat for the Japanese, they don't eat it every day like I once thought they did. But I'd eat ramen every day if that's what it takes!

That only helps the moonies

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    I used to see lots of people of Asian descent on the subway wearing masks, and sometimes, like during SARS I would wonder if they had been exposed or something. Now I greatly appreciate that they were being considerate, exposed or not, keeping their germs to themselves. The world is going to be forever changed because of this, and if people keep wearing masks on public transit and give up on handshakes I am fine with it.
    pre pandemic in 2020 the city of Richmond which is a suburb of Vancover with more than 50% AZN pop was already masking & locking down volentarily cuz they had heard about COVID and were taking measures, so people were masking and the malls were empty
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know