Page 870 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 ... LastLast
Results 21,726 to 21,750 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I think, at this point, despite being the wealthiest country the world has EVER known, that you'd be hard pressed to make a coherent argument AGAINST us being 3rd-world.

And just wait five years to seal the deal. Local, county, and state budgets getting hit hard. Mayors and governors slashing billions from budgets at the moment, and our infrastructure was already a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    And just wait five years to seal the deal. Local, county, and state budgets getting hit hard. Mayors and governors slashing billions from budgets at the moment, and our infrastructure was already a disgrace.
    And when the BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR money machine nonsense starts to destroy the dollar... party time.

I think, at this point, despite being the wealthiest country the world has EVER known, that you'd be hard pressed to make a coherent argument AGAINST us being 3rd-world.

We've become a shithole country. Is America great again yet?

This should be a massive embarrassment to everyone who has anything to do with running this country but of course it's not. Oh well.

Ahhhhh but the legal cannabis states are gonna have an edge. Other governors criticized Inslee for keeping the cannabis stores open but I'm willing to bet tax revenue from sales was/is quite helpful.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

The Chinese century.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

This should be a massive embarrassment to everyone who has anything to do with running this country but of course it's not. Oh well.
    I'm pretty much here as well. "Oh well" is a shitty attitude to have as a responsible citizen of our formerly-great nation, but here we are.

I guess I'll just continue to bake sourdough ciabatti, make fresh mozzarella, and tend my garden. Oh, and drink booze and eat THC to ease my passage.

I'm pretty much here as well. "Oh well" is a shitty attitude to have as a responsible citizen of our formerly-great nation, but here we are.

I guess I'll just continue to bake sourdough ciabatti, make fresh mozzarella, and tend my garden. Oh, and drink booze and eat THC to ease my passage.
    Fresh mutz? Where's you learn that?

Uh oh Benny.

"A Deadly Rabbit Virus Nicknamed 'Bunny Ebola' Is Spreading Rapidly in Southwestern US"
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

We're living parallel lives!

Did you see this girl? She doesn't know how she got it... huh. Must have been a door handle.

This 23-year-old Texas woman took precautions and still got the coronavirus

Peyton Chesser wasn't taking chances when the coronavirus pandemic locked down the country in March. The 23-year-old Houston woman stayed home, even conceding grocery pickups to her roommate.

After Texas' stay-at home order ended April 30 and some businesses opened, she cautiously ventured out. Even though early data showed Covid-19 was most dangerous for older people, Chesser was careful, she told CNN's Erica Hill on Wednesday.

"I wasn't going to crowded restaurants. I wasn't going to crowded places in general (or) social settings," she recalled.

She resumed grocery trips and even went back to a gym. And right around then, to her frustration, she came down with Covid-19. She still doesn't know where she picked it up.

"That was one of the first things that I said, was, 'How could I have possibly gotten this?'" Chesser said. "I was so anxious about getting it since this all started in March, February."
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

We're living parallel lives!

Did you see this girl? She doesn't know how she got it... huh. Must have been a door handle.

This 23-year-old Texas woman took precautions and still got the coronavirus

Peyton Chesser wasn't taking chances when the coronavirus pandemic locked down the country in March. The 23-year-old Houston woman stayed home, even conceding grocery pickups to her roommate.

After Texas' stay-at home order ended April 30 and some businesses opened, she cautiously ventured out. Even though early data showed Covid-19 was most dangerous for older people, Chesser was careful, she told CNN's Erica Hill on Wednesday.

"I wasn't going to crowded restaurants. I wasn't going to crowded places in general (or) social settings," she recalled.

She resumed grocery trips and even went back to a gym. And right around then, to her frustration, she came down with Covid-19. She still doesn't know where she picked it up.

"That was one of the first things that I said, was, 'How could I have possibly gotten this?'" Chesser said. "I was so anxious about getting it since this all started in March, February."
    These days I'm constantly reminded of the Carlin line. “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

Fresh mutz? Where's you learn that?
    Dude - homemade mozzarella is laughably easy.

Get yourself some whole milk, rennet and citric acid and it'll take about an hour all told to have about 1-1/2lbs of fresh mozzarella. With tomato season *just* getting into swing, it's a sure-fire summer winner.

<snip> even went back to a gym.
    I'm gobsmacked at how important THIS fucking thing is to many people. Friends of mine - the gym was the BIGGEST thing for them to have be reopened.

It's fucking WEIRD.

Then again, I think gyms are really fucking dumb. YMMV.

Ahhhhh but the legal cannabis states are gonna have an edge. Other governors criticized Inslee for keeping the cannabis stores open but I'm willing to bet tax revenue from sales was/is quite helpful.
    i wouldnt call USA or Canada 3rd world but 2 countries side by each, pretty much the same markets, drive the same cars, speak the same language, eat the same foods everything is very much same same

but VERY different attitudes
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Then why does 95% of it in America suck?

Then why does 95% of it in America suck?
    Stop buying the stuff from the big chain stores that need a product that is shelf stable. You need to go to a deli and buy it fresh. Aren't you in the heart of good deli country?

I'm gobsmacked at how important THIS fucking thing is to many people. Friends of mine - the gym was the BIGGEST thing for them to have be reopened.

It's fucking WEIRD.

Then again, I think gyms are really fucking dumb. YMMV.
    You're going to need that gym if you're in the habit of making a few pounds of mutz a lot.

Stop buying the stuff from the big chain stores that need a product that is shelf stable. You need to go to a deli and buy it fresh. Aren't you in the heart of good deli country?
    Oh yeah. A&S in Thornwood, NY. The best. "How ya doin'? Salted or unsalted?"

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Lol
    That’s like the fuckers en masque behind Plexi that want you to sign credit card receipt with the community pen of contamination
    Fuck that
    I ain’t touching that toilet seat scribe
    I started refusing to sign with the 'community pens' recently and almost had the police called on me for it yesterday when I tried to walk out. The guy before me wiped his nose after sneezing and had the pen in his hand when he wiped. Even delivery people come up to the door with one so you can sign for dinner after they take the card over the phone. The cc companies need to do away with this requirement.

Especially if you have a couple water buffalo.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I started refusing to sign with the 'community pens' recently and almost had the police called on me for it yesterday when I tried to walk out. The guy before me wiped his nose after sneezing and had the pen in his hand when he wiped. Even delivery people come up to the door with one so you can sign for dinner after they take the card over the phone. The cc companies need to do away with this requirement.
    I've noticed that several of the grocery stores around here have reset their machines to do away with signatures. It's possible I've been below a purchase threshold but it seems to be happening more and more often (that I don't need to sign).

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    i wouldnt call USA or Canada 3rd world but 2 countries side by each, pretty much the same markets, drive the same cars, speak the same language, eat the same foods everything is very much same same

but VERY different attitudes
    Give it a rest Al, when we were in BC for a week in February it didn’t seem different from WA at all except for the shitty legal weed and the availability of “Old Style” Pilsner, oh and the metric system.

Same attitudes, same cars, same food, same language and even the same shitty brodozers. Like it or not the US and Canada have way more similarities than differences. It’s like the difference between Wisconsin and California.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    We've been digging these masks - $10, straps around the back of the head rather than the ears, and they use "copper-based antimicrobial technology". Not sure if the copper thing is BS or not, but they're comfy for the price.
    https://foxsox.com/products/flexfit-face-mask
    Here's another copper infused mask company. Have not tried this one:

Theramasks

Reusable
    Machine washable through 60+ washes