Page 869 of 982 FirstFirst ... 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 ... LastLast
Results 21,701 to 21,725 of 24547
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    And 15 miles away, there are cops shopping for groceries in uniform without masks on, less than 50% compliance, and at least a couple of employees are grocery stores who refuse to wear masks or gloves, but are still ringing up purchases for people.
    That sucks.

King County department of health would probably be interested to hear. Safeway corporate too.

Did you say anything to the cops?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I picked up some "Essential Masks" from Outdoor Research. Comfortable, seem well made, come in 3 different colors, and they have a pocket for a filter element that is supposedly akin to an N95. Not sure about that claim, but it is nice to have the option to wear it as just a face covering, or with some filter media in it.
    and for the same $20 you can get 5 from Hyperlite Mountain Gear. Nice and soft. Choice of white or black. Nowhere close to N95 but basically they are to protect others.

Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post
    I can only assume those of you complaining about mask compliance by staff are choosing to spend your money elsewhere and making it known to the management.

Fred Meyer is about to land in this category for me.
    FM I visited yesterday (Ballard) had all employees masked, but I was surprised they weren't insisting on the same for their customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Make sure to add the harmalas...Changes the DMT game
    Irrelevant to smoked DMT, which is almost assuredly what this gal was doing. It's highly unlikely she was taking DMT orally on their lunch break and then going back to work.

tgr scientists, is this reasonable?

https://www.fastcompany.com/90521484...just-3-minutes

The "masks murder people" claim seems to be gaining traction, even in my elitist University town.
    Of course, it does explain why OR Docs and staff have an average life span of only 22 years.

Picked up a 3-pack of reusable 2-layer cloth masks at the Eagle Costco for $10. One red, one blue, one black. They've got an imbedded wire across the nose, which is slightly darted, extra material around the chin for a snug fit, and adjustable loops for the ears so you can let it hang when not using. It's marketed as "great for walking your dog" but I sure as shit can't breath all that well with them so I think they'll work just fine. They also had crates of the blue disposable masks, $20 a box. Still no clorox wipes, but plenty of tp, meats and organic chicken, wild salmon and snacks. I'm stocking up again, just in case...

Much better compliance wrt masks this time around as opposed to 2 months ago, though still saw lots of mouth breathers with the masks hanging below their mouth and nose, with their kids doing the same thing. These folks didn't seem like orange-man worshippers, more equivalent to tourons at the resort that we're all guilty of poking fun at; just oblivious as fuck, breeding and paying the man as they bumble through life.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    tgr scientists, is this reasonable?

https://www.fastcompany.com/90521484...just-3-minutes
    They say that there was no change in fit or function after 20 treatments. How did they test for that, or did they? My understanding is that after liquid exposure--steam would seem to count--the filtering function of the mask degrades after a couple of cycles. I can't comment on daily use, but for those of us who use an N95--I have a very old used one that probably isn't as protective as I would hope--once or twice a week to go to the grocery store just put in in a plastic bag in your car and by the next use the virus on it will be inactivated, or so I'm told.

I have to laugh at mask ads who emphasize the breathability. You want the least breathable mask you can tolerate. OTOH a mask with unwoven polypropylene as a layer means you aren't breathing through the mask but around it, which means you might as well not be wearing it.

I wish there was some specs, testing, and certification of the masks everyone and their brother is selling but I guess that would be too much to hope for. Just like the availability of surgical masks for everyone, let alone N95s, is out of the question. That's something only first world countries have. But we have better bombers.

Made a quick run to Lowe's last night, and as i was walking in, pleasantly surprised at the mask compliance of people walking in as well, an entire family walked out, parents (obese) and FIVE kids.....None wearing masks......... I just don't get it.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by truckeelocal View Post
    and for the same $20 you can get 5 from Hyperlite Mountain Gear. Nice and soft. Choice of white or black. Nowhere close to N95 but basically they are to protect others.
    Thanks! Ordered a set.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I have to laugh at mask ads who emphasize the breathability. You want the least breathable mask you can tolerate.
    Least breathable media, yes, but you want as much of it as possible. Forcing air through a few small openings at higher speeds reduces filter efficiency, so raising surface area helps with both filter efficiency and breathability. Obviously most of those masks aren't getting their breathability from more surface area, but they should be.

I had been getting some from Blackstrap...but are expensive.

https://bsbrand.com/

Quote Originally Posted by truckeelocal View Post
    I have masks like that literally coming out of my ears for free at work. We have boxes of them in the office. I want something that offers me some protection from all of the entitled assholes who wear them like neckerchiefs.

Also, the OR ones are cheaper with a Pro Account.
    I remember a bottomless freedom...

98% mask compliance at Wallingford QFC and Aurora Home Depot yesterday. It was nice to see. Our hood even has a fair amount of outdoor maskers with no one near them which is a bit strange but I'm not going to complain.

^^^ my guess on that is they don't want to put their (presumed dirty) hands on the mask more than necessary.

COís governor just shut down bars for two weeks. Preemptive reaction?

Post-emptive ?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Post-emptive ?
    I mean preemptive when compared to TX or FL? CO cases havenít shot up like that but maybe heís getting ahead of it before the 4th?

If we learned anything this ski season it's that the only way to deflect the traveling hordes is to match the shutdown level in their local hoods.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Irrelevant to smoked DMT, which is almost assuredly what this gal was doing. It's highly unlikely she was taking DMT orally on their lunch break and then going back to work.
    Very true. I can't imagine smoking and going back to work..requires downtime IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I mean preemptive when compared to TX or FL? CO cases haven’t shot up like that but maybe he’s getting ahead of it before the 4th?
    Probably just spared a bunch of local infections from the vector vacationers. Texans are thick like the flies in Maine here right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    Probably just spared a bunch of local infections from the vector vacationers. Texans are thick like the flies in Maine here right now.
    Fuck, don't send 'em to Maine, I want to take a little trip over there maybe a little later.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

My local full service vet clinic, the one in Loomis, closed for 5 days because several staff tested COVID-positive. It makes sense that they closed, I think, but itís a disruption that I hadnít considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Very true. I can't imagine smoking and going back to work..requires downtime IMHO
    It was a coffee shop. They were spacey times, and she was in her early 20ís. She and I actually live near each other and we run into each other pretty often (less often these days, of course). Iíll try to ask her about it...

We've been digging these masks - $10, straps around the back of the head rather than the ears, and they use "copper-based antimicrobial technology". Not sure if the copper thing is BS or not, but they're comfy for the price.
    https://foxsox.com/products/flexfit-face-mask

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    We've been digging these masks - $10, straps around the back of the head rather than the ears, and they use "copper-based antimicrobial technology". Not sure if the copper thing is BS or not, but they're comfy for the price.
    https://foxsox.com/products/flexfit-face-mask
    Those look like they have a good seal all the way around.

Forgot to mention you if you live in or close to Potland OR you can go into the Stark's Vaccum store and buy masks. No need to order online.

Here's a Hawaiian company making fun masks. Don't have personal experience with this brand but I really l Iike prints. 3 layers, 100% cotton

Kona Supply Company Face Masks

Last edited by KQ; 06-30-2020 at 10:50 PM.
    ďWhen you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism