Page 1119 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 ... LastLast
Results 27,951 to 27,975 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Without the house, why would Trump be able to do anything that he can't do right now? He can try more executive orders but those are unlikely to hold up in court (regardless of whether ACB gets confirmed or not).
    Every time I think he's reached bottom in terms of being self-serving, petty and vindictive, he proves me wrong. Therefore, it wouldn't surprise me if he plans to burn it to the ground as he marches to FL. It's why I asked the q.

what are the chances he asks barr to surveil the biden campaign?
    (if he hasn't already)

At my work, there's a clear line between the offices and the blue collar areas. Go into the Engineering Office and there are masks, signs everywhere, 6 foot floor markings at the front counter etc... Go into the Maintenance Building and there are 15 guys sitting around a table in the breakroom sans masks. It's just a matter of time until we have a super spreader event over there. I just hide in my office with the door closed all day.

I saw a guy in Safeway last weekend with a mesh mask. Yes, a fucking mask made of mesh with holes about the size of trucker hat mesh. And he had that non-masker look on his face that says, "Go ahead, say something about my mask."

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    You work in King County, which has likely handled the virus better than any other metro area in the US, and not coincidentally, is possibly the most liberal large county in the US. It is ridiculous if there is a government entity in King County who is not abiding by the governor's order, and this should be addressed. Not for your safety, alone, but the safety of us all.

Call L & I's Bellevue office and tell them about this. You do not have to provide your name, just your employer's name. There is no way your employer can track your complaint back to you (if you call in the complaint rather than email, and refuse to give your name). L & I will contact your employer and explain the rules and repercussions for not following the rules. L & I notes that they have imposed fines on businesses for not following the rules, but they believe most are able to fully comply with the order once L & I explains that to management. L & I has received over 4,200 complaints so far, so you are not alone.

L & I Bellevue is 425-990-1400

https://content.govdelivery.com/acco...letins/2a4bfdf
    But if he reports it and it’s addressed then he can’t complain about it anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Update from salt lake, a friend who is a doctor sent a text reading,

"I really hate to be a wet blanket. Just following up on patients from my last shift. All are going downhill. 2 are going to die.

Looking at the ED today, people are pouring in. 3 people in the ED as we speak between 30 and 33 are headed to the icu sick as hell. Zero medical history between them.

Also got an email today that hospital is at capacity and we have to start transferring admits.

Hate to say it because I know we are all fatigued with this but now is the time to get vigilant. Everything before in my opinion is small time. Just now getting going."

Stay safe people. Wear masks. Keep your distance. Avoid crowds.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post

"I really hate to be a wet blanket. Just following up on patients from my last shift. All are going downhill. 2 are going to die.

Looking at the ED today, people are pouring in. 3 people in the ED as we speak between 30 and 33 are headed to the icu sick as hell. Zero medical history between them.

Also got an email today that hospital is at capacity and we have to start transferring admits.

Hate to say it because I know we are all fatigued with this but now is the time to get vigilant. Everything before in my opinion is small time. Just now getting going."

sent from Utah.
    The worst part of my current situation is that I am traveling back and forth between SLC and rural anti-mask small town CO 2x/month for the next 3-4 months. I'm super concerned about being a spreader. I'm trying to minimize stops while traveling and being as responsible as possible, but it really makes me nervous. My wife is also starting a new home health job and apparently that health care system is lax with PPE...

I know, probably shouldn't have moved during a pandemic. Its something we discussed before hand but my job situation was going to be different. I'm hoping I can go full remote sooner than later.

sent from Utah.
    The main IMC hub went on trauma divert a few nights ago because they had nowhere to stick patients and had to push all incoming trauma to other hospitals. Ms Boissal said it's happened twice in the 5 years she's been there. It's not all due to COVID patients but it doesn't bode well for the next few weeks.

Meanwhile at work I'm continuing to get comments from my coworkers whenever I step outside of my office with a mask on. "Should I be worried?" is the main one. Nope, just being careful, as I've been for the past 4 months, you'd think people would be used to it by now... Half of them live in UT county and have kids or family with kids @ BYU. They all claim that they've had it or it's not a big deal depending on the day. My boss' brother tested positive a couple months ago and had to quarantine with the whole family. Boss would come in with a mask, take it off after a minute and forget about it. Yesterday he assured me Trump had been swabbed and no live virus had been found so clearly he had recovered, the disease wasn't a big deal, and the Regeneron Ab treatment was a miracle cure from Jeebus. Full acceptance of the narrative, no questions asked. I love the guy but we're part of a biotech incubator, clearly everyone's steeped in the field and knows better, so wtf are they all thinking? There's only 1 other person who's been consistently masked at work. Everyone else will begrudgingly wear a mask if we have visitors from Cali but that's about it (and bitch about the the fudging liberals once they're gone).
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

^on the bright side, my wife no longer works inpatient at the hospital so her exposure risks and stress levels are both WAY lower.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    The divide in mask wearing between urban/rural Colorado (also a proxy for conservative/liberal) is so stark.
    Near my home (east Denver) it's nearly universal masks everywhere (been months since I saw someone in a store without one).
    Near my work (Berthoud) it's nearly universal no masks. Most of the businesses require them for employees but generally they don't enforce for customers and people aren't very good at wearing them.
    Funny how my wife and every other employee at her hospital can wear masks for 12 hours straight no problem, but not a single one of my 20 coworkers can manage to keep theirs on for more than 30 seconds at a time.
    I was in Montana over the weekend and it was a little shocking to see so little mask wearing. I went into a grocery store and hardly any of the customers were wearing masks. Luckily at least the employees were.

So my kid was doing COVID testing for the VP debates. Guess which side had trouble locating their tonsils and was surly about it.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    So my kid was doing COVID testing for the VP debates. Guess which side had trouble locating their tonsils and was surly about it.
    Did Pence actually get tested? He looked sick to me (pink eye).

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Did Pence actually get tested? He looked sick to me (pink eye).
    That wasn’t pink eye, fellatio misfire incident.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    can't it be both?
    + edibles

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Stephen Miller's, that creep.
    I thought it was JaKush. He was the one that told Trump to just let the blue states figure it out on their own, and then Trump wouldn't have to worry about taking any of the blame for the inevitable screw ups.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    The main IMC hub went on trauma divert a few nights ago because they had nowhere to stick patients and had to push all incoming trauma to other hospitals. Ms Boissal said it's happened twice in the 5 years she's been there. It's not all due to COVID patients but it doesn't bode well for the next few weeks.

Meanwhile at work I'm continuing to get comments from my coworkers whenever I step outside of my office with a mask on. "Should I be worried?" is the main one. Nope, just being careful, as I've been for the past 4 months, you'd think people would be used to it by now... Half of them live in UT county and have kids or family with kids @ BYU. They all claim that they've had it or it's not a big deal depending on the day. My boss' brother tested positive a couple months ago and had to quarantine with the whole family. Boss would come in with a mask, take it off after a minute and forget about it. Yesterday he assured me Trump had been swabbed and no live virus had been found so clearly he had recovered, the disease wasn't a big deal, and the Regeneron Ab treatment was a miracle cure from Jeebus. Full acceptance of the narrative, no questions asked. I love the guy but we're part of a biotech incubator, clearly everyone's steeped in the field and knows better, so wtf are they all thinking? There's only 1 other person who's been consistently masked at work. Everyone else will begrudgingly wear a mask if we have visitors from Cali but that's about it (and bitch about the the fudging liberals once they're gone).
    The worst part of all of that is they breed.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post

Utah County is such a cesspool.

Like a dirty reproducing rabbit pen. I go hiking in the mountains down there sometimes, but otherwise, I wish there was a Utah county bypass freeway that you could get on around 7200s and just 0 exits until you hit 6 to go to price, then no exits again until nephi. Total avoidance of Utah valley is my MO.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Like a dirty reproducing rabbit pen. I go hiking in the mountains down there sometimes, but otherwise, I wish there was a Utah county bypass freeway that you could get on around 7200s and just 0 exits until you hit 6 to go to price, then no exits again until nephi. Total avoidance of Utah valley is my MO.

sent from Utah.
    It's weird down there for sure. They have some prime recreational real estate but damn can they ruin it by just existing in and around it. I used to spend a fair bit of time climbing at some of the relatively obscure limestone crags outside of Rock Canyon and without fail a group of 12 giggly teens would show up mid-day to completely change the vibe. It's so strange to witness the awkward courtship scenes between members of a group that don't look that different from regular teens (in appearance) but are incredibly repressed yet can't control the hormone explosions. They're obnoxious as hell, incredibly shallow, misogynistic, and super easy to offend. I used to think it was funny to make them uncomfortable but now it just bums me out and tends to drive me away.

To me the worst part is the incredibly obvious sense of superiority they exude when around gentiles. It kinda fades with age (or they hide it better) but the young ones strut around like fucking peacocks full of the knowledge that they know something you don't and they almost pity you for it. Meanwhile you're sitting on rock drinking a beer they'll never enjoy thinking thoughts that are completely forbidden, basically existing in a world that is 100x bigger than theirs... And yet you're the one who deserves pity? GTFO.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

sent from Utah.
    A friend of mine works for DEQ on Utah Lake watershed issues. He has an idea for restoring Utah Lake that is simply glorious--build a 250-foot dam across Jordan River Narrows and flood everything in Utah County below the ~4750' contour. Put I-15 on one of those floating bridges like they have in Seattle and call it a day. Buying out all those property owners would probably be cheaper than any other realistic option for fixing Utah Lake. It will never happen, but it's goddamn brilliant.

The New York Times

The virus “cure” that President Trump touted on Wednesday was created with cells originally derived from fetal tissue, a practice he had condemned.
    Thursday, October 8, 2020 2:26 PM EST

In June 2019, the Trump administration suspended federal funding for most new scientific research involving fetal tissue derived from abortions. Mr. Trump last week received Regeneron’s cocktail of monoclonal antibodies. To develop the antibodies, Regeneron relied on 293T, a human cell line once derived from fetal tissue.

In June 2019, the Trump administration suspended federal funding for most new scientific research involving fetal tissue derived from abortions.

“Promoting the dignity of human life from conception to natural death is one of the very top priorities of President Trump’s administration,” the Department of Health and Human Services said in a statement in 2019, around the time of the ban.

“Intramural research that requires new acquisition of fetal tissue from elective abortions will not be conducted,” the statement added.

Mr. Trump last week received Regeneron’s cocktail of monoclonal antibodies — essentially, antibodies synthesized in living cells and administered to help the body fight off the infection.

To develop the antibodies, Regeneron relied on 293T, a cell line derived from the kidney tissue of an aborted fetus in the 1970s. At least two companies racing to produce vaccines against the coronavirus, Moderna and AstraZeneca, also are using the cell line.

Remdesivir, an antiviral drug Mr. Trump received, also was tested using these cells.

“293Ts were used in testing the antibodies’ ability to neutralize the virus,” said Alexandra Bowie, a spokeswoman for Regeneron. “They weren’t used in any other way, and fetal tissue was not used in the research.”

In a video released Wednesday, Mr. Trump praised Regeneron’s treatment, calling it a “cure” for Covid-19 and promising to provide it free to any patient who needed it. The company said on Wednesday that it had applied to the Food and Drug Administration for emergency use authorization.

Scientists noted that the trials of the antibody cocktail are far from complete, and that Mr. Trump is taking a variety of drugs that may have explained why he said he felt better.

Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, the nation’s leading expert on infectious diseases, said that Mr. Trump might be right that the treatment he received has helped him in his fight with Covid-19 — but that his case alone doesn’t prove it.

“I think it’s a reasonably good chance that the antibody that he received, the Regeneron antibody, made a significant difference in a positive way in his course,” Dr. Fauci, who is not involved in the president’s care, said on Thursday during an interview on MSNBC.

But he pushed back against Mr. Trump’s claim that the treatment has now been shown to be a “cure” for the disease, which has killed more than 210,000 Americans so far.

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

In July, the International Society for Stem Cell Research sent a letter to the Human Fetal Tissue Research Ethics Advisory Board at the National Institutes of Health, urging the board to allow fetal tissue to be used to develop treatments for Covid-19 and for other diseases.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    At my work, there's a clear line between the offices and the blue collar areas. Go into the Engineering Office and there are masks, signs everywhere, 6 foot floor markings at the front counter etc... Go into the Maintenance Building and there are 15 guys sitting around a table in the breakroom sans masks. It's just a matter of time until we have a super spreader event over there. I just hide in my office with the door closed all day.

I saw a guy in Safeway last weekend with a mesh mask. Yes, a fucking mask made of mesh with holes about the size of trucker hat mesh. And he had that non-masker look on his face that says, "Go ahead, say something about my mask."
    My neighbor who I talked to for the first time since moving here 12 years ago told me he doesn't wear a mask anywhere and doesn't give a shit about what people say or think and oh yeah... he sleeps with a gun under his pillow.

That said, W2 has a pretty high compliance rate from my observations. Even the hold out feed stores are now all donning masks.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    My neighbor who I talked to for the first time since moving here 12 years ago told me he doesn't wear a mask anywhere and doesn't give a shit about what people say or think and oh yeah... he sleeps with a gun under his pillow.

That said, W2 has a pretty high compliance rate from my observations. Even the hold out feed stores are now all donning masks.
    Safety off and gripping it tightly?

Utah is fifth in the US in new infections per 100,000 at 233 (Montana is 4, Idaho is 6). To put that number in perspective, if Utah was its own country, it would be the third worst country on earth right now (behind Israel and Czech Republic), if you eliminate small countries like Andorra from the list. Despite that, Utah is currently 25th in the US for deaths. Utah is young and healthy, which explains some of the disparity, but not surprising to hear hospitals starting to be overwhelmed in SLC.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

Ha. Well he cares enough that he’s a scared little bitch and has to sleep with a gun.

I love people that say they don’t care yet actually care far more than the average person as evidenced by the actions they take.

If you really don’t care, why are you so scared?

Funny to me.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Safety off and gripping it tightly?