Page 770 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 ... LastLast
Results 19,226 to 19,250 of 41810

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    They are both problems, but you are lying to yourself if you think folks coming in from highly infected areas into low infection areas is not a problem. Locals and tourist. But at least tourists can stay home and not come here. I don't understand why you keep tooting this horn. It is plain selfish and irresponsible to travel for recreation right now.

For the record, the one investigation that is competed was deemed to arrived from the out of state guests at the party. The other three incidents have nit had their source determined yet.

Also good to note one of the clusters is from a multi generational Mother's Day Party. The cluster was discovered this past Wednesday, so a bit of lag there.

Without a doubt, all this holiday travel I'm seeing is going to add to our problems. Just drove along West Cliff on my way home. Loads of people, often shoulder to shoulder. Saw about 6 masks in the horde the whole way. No one is giving a shit.

So yea, please shelter inlace and don't drive to my community. I"m not driving to yours. Please stay the fuck near home.
    The reason I keep tooting the horn is because this incessant blaming of out of towners and demands they stay away create a false sense of security among locals--as long as we keep "them" away we don't have to be careful. Meanwhile the "locals"--and I use the term in quote because many people who call themselves locals would better be labeled transients--have no problem going to the bigger cities to shop and do other things--you don't suppose any of them could be bringing the virus back with them do you? Also, in general city residents have been more diligent about staying home and wearing masks than the locals. It is ludicrous for locals to complain about visitors when the locals are gathering in hordes and not wearing masks. It is ludicrous for Truckee for example to worry about people coming from the Bay Area at the same time they are opening restaurants. (And who do they think is going to eat in those restaurants. Restaurants in vacation areas cannot survive on local business.)

Most of the restrictions that have been imposed make sense. A lot do not--I don't have a problem with the locals BC skiing in supposedly closed areas. That isn't spreading the virus. I have a problem when they try to deny others the use of these public lands. That's not being safe; it's hypocrisy.

I wonder how many people who want to keep the tourists and second homeowners out oppose Trump's wall and immigration policies. Substitute "they're bringing coronavirus" for "they're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime."

Quote Originally Posted by CantDog View Post
    Despite it being hard it was also deeply meaningful to help the patients I saw and their families. Definitely one of the most impactful experiences of my career.
    The outpatients I see remotely are still holed up, many I suspect will never leave their house for the remainder of their lives. It has been startling to see how the pandemic has factored into people’s medical decision making.

I do another few weeks on service in the hospital in June, and hopefully things will still be getting better.
    Thanks from a northern neighbor and a fellow member of the human race. You're a hero (even if you disagree, and that's generally what hero's do). Take care Cant.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

people love to talk about testing but it only proves you didn't have Covid when you got the test and of course there are false results, a blurb the provinces top doc , according to bloomberg she has the best stats in NA

https://www.cheknews.ca/dr-bonnie-he...ndemic-668393/
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Here's some questions for the face mask shamers:

Do you shame a person who wears a hat/sunscreen to protect their skin from the damaging rays of the sun?
    ...etc.

The probably here is you're trying to inject rationality into a topic that is completely irrational.

and political

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    and political
    Which is truly embarrassing. When and how to reopen the country should be a contentious topic. Whether or not to wear masks should not.

The no mask people are part of and contributing to what is probably our greatest enemy right now. Denial

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Ding! Ding! Ding!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The reason I keep tooting the horn is because this incessant blaming of out of towners and demands they stay away create a false sense of security among locals--as long as we keep "them" away we don't have to be careful. Meanwhile the "locals"--and I use the term in quote because many people who call themselves locals would better be labeled transients--have no problem going to the bigger cities to shop and do other things--you don't suppose any of them could be bringing the virus back with them do you? Also, in general city residents have been more diligent about staying home and wearing masks than the locals. It is ludicrous for locals to complain about visitors when the locals are gathering in hordes and not wearing masks. It is ludicrous for Truckee for example to worry about people coming from the Bay Area at the same time they are opening restaurants. (And who do they think is going to eat in those restaurants. Restaurants in vacation areas cannot survive on local business.)

Most of the restrictions that have been imposed make sense. A lot do not--I don't have a problem with the locals BC skiing in supposedly closed areas. That isn't spreading the virus. I have a problem when they try to deny others the use of these public lands. That's not being safe; it's hypocrisy.

I wonder how many people who want to keep the tourists and second homeowners out oppose Trump's wall and immigration policies. Substitute "they're bringing coronavirus" for "they're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime."
    Thus, Trump 2020 talking point. Btw, he just banned travel from Brazil. Which is absurd, at this point, because the world should ban travel from the US.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    The mandatory mask for all people are part of and contributing to what is probably our greatest enemy right now. Fear
    FIFY

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3412.JPG 
Views:	148 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	329571

I’m headed to have dinner with one of the most immunocompromised humans I have ever met. She returns to NIH multiple times a year for monitoring and is up for a transplant is in the near future. Does that mean I don’t love her, her husband, son, my wife, kids or any one of you mags who I have shared a lift ride with, a meal or made turns. Nope. Not at all.

lymphangioleiomyomatosis

Fuck Fear!

And I’m going to sub-Saharan Africa to raw-dog all the prostitutes I can.

Fuck fear!

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Viva, have you seen evidence that would answer OG's question above? Can you post a link? Seems like everyone says this is more likely than not but seeing evidence of it would be really helpful. Thanks!
    No. And I lamented the absence of such information here either last week or the week prior. But generating these data would prove difficult- you'd need to identify a couple thousand non-infected persons (in multiple regions) and then test them daily for both virus and antibody titers (against spike protein and RBD) as they go about their lives as things begin to re-open. With this, one might attempt to make correlations, or lack thereof, between the various infected groups and the non-infected and make a determination whether or not asymptomats are capable of spreading this disease. At least that's how I would design my study, initially, but I've never designed a clinical study.

I have read papers that report increased viral loads in patients as COVID-19 symptoms worsen from moderate to severe symptoms. But, to date, I haven't seen a report on mild symptom or no symptom patients.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

For the record, I blame the locals as well. Not sure how you measure things, about being a local, but what I mean is the people who live here, work here and have a life around them here. And many of those locals are doing the right thing. Staying distant, wearing masks, recreating near home, shopping in town, giving space. Many aren't leaving they neighborhoods. But of course not all. We have dumb fucks too. But we had a small enough number of those dumb fucks to get our active cases to zero. They've identified the 4 separate outbreaks, and are tracing them. Adding that 4th vector from out of town is a 33% increase in outbreaks. That is significant. The hope is to stay ahead of the curve, and trace and stamp out outbreaks before they become lost in community spread again.

Like I said, we had zero active cases. That would mean incubation periods were over. Of course, it is likely that three of these outbreaks were started by an asymptomatic carrier. Or someone who decided to ignore their symptoms, thinking it was hay fever. Or whatever. But, if they can successfully trace and test these 4 outbreaks, they could put an end to those lines. And then aim at the others that pop up. Isn't that the goal every where?

If you can travel on a tank of gas, and stay distanced from others, and be willing to wear. a buff or mask on the single track, and get home, sure, go for it. I can see going out for drives. But if you want to come out and walk on West Cliff, and take in the nice views, be considerate and wear a mask, so that the 80 year old locals that were born in town can feel safe when they are going for their usual daily stroll.

Also - the people getting careless thing. That is why is is not printed in the newspaper. The fear was that people would become complacent. Now, they have something else to remind them. 20% increase in a few days is huge, and they will likely trace a bunch more.

Wear a mask. Live near home.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    For the record, I blame the locals as well. Not sure how you measure things, about being a local, but what I mean is the people who live here, work here and have a life around them here. And many of those locals are doing the right thing. Staying distant, wearing masks, recreating near home, shopping in town, giving space. Many aren't leaving they neighborhoods. But of course not all. We have dumb fucks too. But we had a small enough number of those dumb fucks to get our active cases to zero. They've identified the 4 separate outbreaks, and are tracing them. Adding that 4th vector from out of town is a 33% increase in outbreaks. That is significant. The hope is to stay ahead of the curve, and trace and stamp out outbreaks before they become lost in community spread again.

Like I said, we had zero active cases. That would mean incubation periods were over. Of course, it is likely that three of these outbreaks were started by an asymptomatic carrier. Or someone who decided to ignore their symptoms, thinking it was hay fever. Or whatever. But, if they can successfully trace and test these 4 outbreaks, they could put an end to those lines. And then aim at the others that pop up. Isn't that the goal every where?

If you can travel on a tank of gas, and stay distanced from others, and be willing to wear. a buff or mask on the single track, and get home, sure, go for it. I can see going out for drives. But if you want to come out and walk on West Cliff, and take in the nice views, be considerate and wear a mask, so that the 80 year old locals that were born in town can feel safe when they are going for their usual daily stroll.

Also - the people getting careless thing. That is why is is not printed in the newspaper. The fear was that people would become complacent. Now, they have something else to remind them. 20% increase in a few days is huge, and they will likely trace a bunch more.

Wear a mask. Live near home.
    And more than anything, avoid gatherings, especially indoors. That's where the cases are spreading--whether the carrier is local or from out of town.

And BTW, for once Trump set a good example. Playing golf is a much safer way to spend a morning than going to church--or synagogue (the Hasidic Jews in NYC are some of the worst offenders.) (And also BTW--the fact that the Saudis were able to completely shut down the Hajj is impressive.)

And speaking of immigration (I was earlier)--anyone notice how many of the doctors and researchers and other HCWs are Asian? I'm sure plenty of them are getting harassed when they're shopping or otherwise out in public. If this country had to get by with people of European heritage only we would either starve to death or get sick and die.

Save the plastic and wire thingies that seal bags of coffee. Sew them into the top seam of homemade masks to seal around the nose. That will help with the fogging and also reduce leakage of virus.
    Ya, i got the wire, I am a blast furnace. And my facial topography makes it really difficult to get a seal and not make the problem worse by having the mask too far under the glasses. It's a tightrope that I have to walk.. In the winter it cuts down the amount of time I have to look down and ponder if I am going to drop into sketchy shit. Go or go home because I won't be able to see if I take a long of a downward looky-loo. Glasses in a pair of Smith goggles with the fan. I have already covered in other threads why that's my best solution.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    And I’m going to sub-Saharan Africa to raw-dog all the prostitutes I can.

Fuck fear!
    I can't speak to STD's but you would probably safe from Covid

an out break in a wholebunch of dentists at a big conference in Vancouver early on, also american heli skiers at 3 ops in BC
    Covid came thru airports so it would be people with enough money for airtravel who travel for work probably more upscale, probably really nice clean healthy people ... these are the carriers

but sharing a bottle of vat 74 sherry with a group of local indigents would be pretty safe, they don't hang with upscale people and they don't travel except to the liqour store or to sleep it off in the local bush

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Thus, Trump 2020 talking point. Btw, he just banned travel from Brazil. Which is absurd, at this point, because the world should ban travel from the US.
    Can-USA border is closed for another month, what are the odds JT and his medical pro's looks at the situ down there in a month and keeps it closed ?

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Here's some questions for the face mask shamers:

Do you shame a person who wears a hat/sunscreen to protect their skin from the damaging rays of the sun?

Do you shame a person who wears a seat belt to increase their odds of surviving a car wreck?

Do you shame a person for taking an uber/cab or walking home when they've had too much to drink so they don't risk killing themselves or others by being drunk behind the wheel?

Do you shame a welder for wearing a mask so he doesn't harm his eyes?

Do you shame the construction worker for wearing a hard hat?

Do you shame a police officer for wearing a Kevlar vest?

Do you shame a boater for wearing a life vest?

I could go on but you get the idea. As the Governor of ND said in his plea to the citizens of his state to wear masks:

“I would ask people to dial up your empathy and your understanding,” said the governor. “If someone is wearing a mask, they’re not doing it to represent what political party they’re in, or what candidates they support. They might be doing it because they’ve got a 5-year-old child who’s been going through cancer treatments [or] have vulnerable adults in their life,” he added, his voice breaking.
    Do you shame people walking down the street with scuba tanks on their back and breathing thru a regulator? I sure as shit would. Get the fuck off your high horse and set aside some of the manufactured outrage, Karen.

Been to the feed store lately? I imagine all of the people you've been whining about not wearing masks there for the past couple of months all must be dead by now, right?

Do you shame people walking down the street with scuba tanks on their back and breathing thru a regulator? I sure as shit would. Get the fuck off your high horse and set aside some of the manufactured outrage, Karen.

I imagine all of the people you've been whining about not wearing masks there for the past couple of months all must be dead by now, right?

Award for the stupidest post of the day. Congrats, it took some doing.

You are still so fucking stupid you think that we wear masks to protect ourselves from others and their virus shedding?

Goddamn but you are fucking dumb. And while I am at it. Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post

Been to the feed store lately? I imagine all of the people you've been whining about not wearing masks there for the past couple of months all must be dead by now, right?
    Their parents might be - or their parent's friends - or people they come into contact with that have diabetes....but really though fuck them because the 'conomy. Life is sacred if it's an unwanted unborn baby that no redpill bible thumper will look after once it's born (bootstraps and all that) but granny has to die alone in a hospital because I need a tattoo and it's not too much trouble for me to pack my bazooka but hells no I ain't wearing no mask.

Make all grandmothers die alone! MAGA

Jawohl Mein Kommandant. Will you prepare the gas chamber??

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Jawohl Mein Kommandant. Will you prepare the gas chamber??
    No time - too busy fueling up my Enola Gay replica for a quick flight over Mt Fuji.

You got owned last time you posted in this thread, glad to see you back to teach us all. I’ve said it many time before, dumb and smug are the worst people in the world no matter their political affiliation.

If KQ is on a high horse, what do you ride, a donkey? Asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by howelsen View Post
    FIFY

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3412.JPG 
Views:	148 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	329571

I’m headed to have dinner with one of the most immunocompromised humans I have ever met. She returns to NIH multiple times a year for monitoring and is up for a transplant is in the near future. Does that mean I don’t love her, her husband, son, my wife, kids or any one of you mags who I have shared a lift ride with, a meal or made turns. Nope. Not at all.

lymphangioleiomyomatosis

Fuck Fear!
    Dinner outside? Not impressed. If you wanna be brave make out with her.