Page 142 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    on the assumption you already came there in a car. and the analogy to aids, or more specifically transfusions, has no bearing whatsoever.
    If there were ever a valid justification for not carpooling, this is it. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    If there were ever a valid justification for not carpooling, this is it. Just saying.
    it's a misanthrope's wet dream!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Hackers spreading computer viruses through people clicking on virus tracking maps. This has a certain irony to it.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    We emailed our kids schools last night saying that we were keeping our kids home, and the principal of the elementary school called this morning and said he thinks this is the right decision, and he feels like they should have already closed the schools, but it's not his call, but hopefully they will announce tomorrow that they are all closing. SLC school district.

sent from Utah.
    Why? 4 cases in Utah.

People are freaking out over this when you have a better chance of dying from a shitload of everyday things.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Why? 4 cases in Utah.

People are freaking out over this when you have a better chance of dying from a shitload of everyday things.
    I can’t seem to paste the image but this bell curve is why everything is getting cancelled and the importance of getting ahead of it. Not about Coronavirus in particular, it’s what that virus takes away from every other health issue.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cap...emplate=ampart

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Why? 4 cases in Utah.

Because when you're at war you don't invite the enemy soldiers over for tea?

Why?.
    Seriously?

You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a public health expert explaining the reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

FYI Committee hearing happening right now with Dr. Fauci and Dr. Redfield

Brasil press secretary tests positive, Brasil president being evaluated.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Seriously?

You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a public health expert explaining the reasons.
    Ironically, all this mess started from swinging a dead animal around.
    I still call it The Jake.

MLS season suspended for 30 days.

Colleagues of mine are still mocking the severity of the situation. One guy whose wife is in her second trimester came back in today after working from home since last Thursday because "the whole thing is being blown out of proportion." Coughs and handshakes all around. People actively mocking the request for "social distancing" by intentionally sidling up extra close to someone at their desk. Unreal.

These same people are all talking about how they've spent hundreds of dollars on TP, hand sanitizer and canned goods over the last few days. What a bunch of twits.

to give an idea how bad this could get (but it won't). Merkel mentioned that 60-70% of germany could get infected. Right now, Italy is .02% infected
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

at least twenty veterans kill themselves everyday in america
    not my problem or issue
    nothing to think about just keep up on the stupid shit in your day and stock up on consumer goods to make yourself feel good and safe

Why? 4 cases in Utah.

Because statistics and science?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

There needs to be a simple motto for justification.

“Flatten the curve”

^^ Thoughts?

first ski area dominoes fall...

https://berkshireeast.com/the-resort...nt-on-covid-19

“[COLOR=rgba(33, 34, 64, 0.65098)]MARCH 12, 2020[/COLOR]CLOSING FOR THE WINTER SEASON

To our Berkshire East and Catamount Guests and Employees:
    Berkshire East will close for the season today, Thursday, March 12 at 4pm and Catamount Ski Area will not reopen this weekend. COVID-19 has been discovered in the surrounding hill towns and multiple people are being quarantined. To be clear, no known Berkshire East or Catamount customers or employees have been effected by this illness, but as the GM of these businesses, I have a responsibility to my employees and my customers to act swiftly to contain any potential virus spread in areas that I can control.
    In 2006, I was buried in an avalanche in British Columbia. While being buried in that tumble of snow the only thing I could think of was “this isn’t worth it…” This experience informs me now as the only thought that comes to me is, “no ski turn is worth a life.”
    My role in this business was given to me by my father who loves being at the mountain every day. His demographics put him at a higher risk than others. If I can’t recommend that he visit his facility, how can I ask anyone else to do the same? Our staff is our family. Our guests are our tribe.
    Thus, with conviction, we believe that our businesses can be leaders (however small) in beating back COVID-19 from its current beachhead by immediately closing for what remains of the winter season.
    There simply is no benefit to remaining open.
    The best science shows that this type of aggressive mitigation is both inevitable and overwhelmingly in support of the public good.
    We urge other business leaders and our elected officials to follow suit in continuing to aggressively close down public spaces so we can proactively begin to get this insidiousness behind us.
    We send the full weight of our prayers to the healthcare workers and their families who are on the front lines of this battle. As this illness spreads exponentially, we must all take immediate action to “flatten the curve” in order to allow our nations health care workers to make effective headway against the current caseload of COVID-19.
    We shout from our mountain tops that you can make a thousand daily impacts by washing your hands, not touching your face, practice social distancing and simply sit back while doing everything in your power to stop the spread.
    This is certainly an inconvenience to our customers and will result in major changes for our staff. None of this is going to be easy and we are passing into unknown territories. But like any good skier knows, you beat back challenging situations by pressing forward into them aggressively and decisively.
    Lastly, this is personal, I’m related to medical professionals working in hospitals with active outbreaks. We shut down out of love and support for these people and the staffs in these hospitals.
    We are confident in the future. We will announce a reopening date for our whitewater rafting, zip lines, aerial adventures, and biking in the coming weeks as guidance comes down from the CDC, the NIH and WHO.
    Jon Schaefer
    Catamount Ski Area / Berkshire East Ski Area”

Why? 4 cases in Utah.

I'm not too worried about dying. But if you get sick, and need to be hospitalized, and there is no bed, you will wish that more people had hunkered down sooner. But it's all just a hoax. Carry on.
    sigless.

It's cool, I'm not gonna die, I don't really care if just the old people are at risk, it's not like I have any old people I know and care about.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post

I'm hoping that the MBAs at Vail and Alterra dont shut down their hills before or when I drive out west next week, but, it would make perfectly good business sense, since the season will effectively be over by then. Save them a lot of money in hard times.
    Hopefully you're trolling for trolling's sake but WTF are you talking about. It's March, aka the busiest month of the year, by far.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Seriously?

Do we need to bring up stairs again? Shit is real

I don't wanna die
    I just wanna ride my motorcy-cle

“I don’t wanna live like this
    But I don’t wanna die”
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Chinese Rat Flu

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    I'm not too worried about dying. But if you get sick, and need to be hospitalized, and there is no bed, you will wish that more people had hunkered down sooner. But it's all just a hoax. Carry on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    It's cool, I'm not gonna die, I don't really care if just the old people are at risk, it's not like I have any old people I know and care about.
    Flatten the curve!

I’m a measly OFC at a ski hill. Currently, no broadcasted guidance from NSP or the ski hill mgmt.

Trying to justify/plan family ski days with use of the lodge.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	89346411_10220177176647227_7208528257539375104_o.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	319981